PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to Hell... now, Rockets, grab a seat

tlongII
04-16-2009, 11:30 AM
http://www.oregonlive.com/sports/oregonian/john_canzano/index.ssf/2009/04/lots_of_unfinished_business_fo.html

They used an anvil on the Lakers. And a sledgehammer on San Antonio. And the Trail Blazers steamrolled the Clippers, and Oklahoma City got the business end of Travis Outlaw's jumper.

And so the Blazers pulled out the scalpel against Denver Wednesday.

Sick stuff.

Portland sliced up Denver 104-76.

The Blazers bench accounted for 72 points. No Portland starter scored in double figures. And so what's next? Death by paper cut?

And so there is great poetry in seeing Portland with the home court, matched up with the Houston Rockets in the first round of the playoffs. As much as opponents love to say they enjoy the big stage and the grand challenge of postseason basketball, and love playing a young team with big stakes, I'm not so sure anyone wants to meet the Blazers in a dark alley. And that's exactly what the Rose Garden is right now.

Hardwood Hell.

Owner Paul Allen passed me in the arena hallway before the game. His body guards walked with him, and as we passed I asked Allen what it's like to own a team playing so well, and inflicting such pain on opponents.

Allen leaned in and said, "I'm having so much fun."

Sadist.

Just like you.

I've long believed the Rockets were the worst possible playoff matchup for the Blazers. Ron Artest is too strong. Yao Ming is a walking mismatch. Aaron Brooks is trouble. But after seeing the Blazers over the last three weeks I'm not sure there's a team in the West that can, without question, beat Portland on its home court.

It's getting too far ahead to call Portland a lock to win a series, but they're, without doubt, a raving headache for the opposition. That includes the Lakers. And certainly includes the Nuggets. So why not the Rockets?

So maybe there was something extra there in watching the Blazers whack that disjointed, me-first, Carmelo-ized bunch.

The Nuggets may have more tattoos. And they may throw more elbows. And if we're being real, they probably remind you a lot of the unlovable 1999-2002 Blazers. But anyone who has watched Portland play in the last month understood the Nuggets were toast the minute the ball went up.

Portland is 13-3 since March 13. The Blazers went 7-1 on the road in that span. They blew out the Spurs. They clobbered the Lakers. And down went the Nuggets (nine assists) in a game in which the Blazers had 29 assists.

What we have here is a team that believes very deeply in itself. The Blazers are playing their best basketball of the season, at the time in which playing your best basketball matters. And so the challenge here isn't just to win a series, and build some experience for the future, but to get themselves a date with the top-seed Lakers and see what happens.

Portland is a scary matchup right now.

The Blazers may still be the league's second-youngest team, but what counts today is where the team ranks in its level of play. If there's a team playing better basketball, it hasn't visited the Rose Garden lately.

I know the Blazers' marketing department is busy promoting that outsiders believe the Blazers to be "too young," and "too soft." As if they're underdogs, or the uninvited guest to this postseason. But you'd have a difficult time convincing any of the Blazers victims over the last month that Portland is anything but a legitimate threat to win the Western Conference.

I thought I'd write that someday. Just not this day. And that's what Brandon Roy and his followers make you do after you watch them toy with the Nuggets.

It very well could be that we were watching a preview of the Western Conference Finals on Wednesday, by the way. So be it if it comes to that, because watching the Nuggets and Blazers is like watching a ghost from the franchise past run up and down the floor against Nate McMillan's team.

White hats vs. black hats, all the way.

By the way, Carmelo Anthony went 3 for 18, which is understandable because his elbow was aimed at Outlaw's throat the entire evening.

Also, there's the matter of the gauze that was stuffed up Chris Andersen's nostril after he met an unkind Greg Oden hand movement. Not an elbow, a wave of the hand. And so it seems we have some natural storylines should the Western Conference's two biggest antonyms meet again this season.

The next couple of weeks are not about survival. They are not about saving face. The Blazers should not be satisfied just being happy to be a participant in the postseason. There is unfinished business for this team, and anything short of winning a series would be a monumental disappointment.

Is there pressure in knowing you can win?

I'm not worried about the Blazers folding.

Portland just won 10 of 11, including six games by 20 or more points. I'd use the word "smoked" to describe the activity by the home team, but I'm worried it's just too soon to pull that one out.

Just call it a thumping for now.

The attendants just inside the front doors to the entrances at the Rose Garden Arena peeled off Trail Blazers team posters and handed them to fans who skipped into the building.

There was one large word printed on them.

"TOGETHER."

KSeal
04-16-2009, 11:49 AM
LMAO, Denver had absolutely nothing to play for, just chill out children.

Indazone
04-16-2009, 11:52 AM
hahah Houston owns you. The Rockets will steamroll the Blazers.

Trainwreck2100
04-16-2009, 11:53 AM
When Hitler died, he went to Portland?

Bob Lanier
04-16-2009, 11:54 AM
White hats vs. black hats, all the way.
http://www.randomimage.us/files/436e66cff0956.gif

I'd use the word "smoked" to describe the activity by the home team, but I'm worried it's just too soon to pull that one out.
Get this man a job writing press releases for the teabagging/2M4M folks.

robbie380
04-16-2009, 11:55 AM
just start the clock on time and we won't have any problems.

Indazone
04-16-2009, 11:55 AM
laughing at all the free agents that will exit stage left from the Blazers. This is your year chumps. Enjoy it while you can because you won't sniff the playoffs for awhile.

Bob Lanier
04-16-2009, 12:00 PM
Yes, the losses of Steve Francis, Raef LaFrentz, Darius Miles, and the great Michael Ruffin will surely prevent the Blazers from making the playoffs next year.

Indazone
04-16-2009, 12:06 PM
2010 Free Agents for the Portland Trail Blazers

Restricted LaMarcus Aldridge, Sergio Rodriguez, Brandon Roy
Unrestricted Steve Blake, Travis Outlaw, Joel Przybilla (ETO)

Say goodbye to your bench Portland. In one year, Morey will buy Brandon Roy and then you'll be screwed forever. Either that or he'll make a fine trade with another team and aquire Brandon Roy. lol

Bob Lanier
04-16-2009, 12:14 PM
That's two offseasons from today, which kind of screws with your "this is your year" schtick.

Many PackYao
04-16-2009, 12:19 PM
http://pdxsucks.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/oden022009.jpg
http://lolshaq.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/shaq007oden.jpg

Indazone
04-16-2009, 12:22 PM
You forgot that wrist injury requiring surgery when he was with Ohio State.

Indazone
04-16-2009, 12:22 PM
That's two offseasons from today, which kind of screws with your "this is your year" schtick.

No that's the 2009-2010 offseason

Bob Lanier
04-16-2009, 12:27 PM
Which is two offseasons from today.

Many PackYao
04-16-2009, 12:28 PM
http://deco-00.slide.com/r/1/0/crop/0/0/0/0/800/800/lWFwzP74EQrEnsSl4uctQekD0ysf0dGzny5BSKBgQbEIS__T1R R6GdSYtHe2mI2tGjbuN3u8KsDwnwN7noq_xcf05asONnxoxxc5/WRduNBHw8mTKjwenxnSd3OopcHIQ

Mugen
04-16-2009, 12:30 PM
the article is correct in its assessment that portland is hell.

the only reason i want the blazers to win is that they wouldnt lay down and die against the lakers like houston would.

sonic21
04-16-2009, 12:31 PM
No that's the 2009-2010 offseason

it's either 2009 or 2010 offseason, it can't be 2009-2010.

KSeal
04-16-2009, 12:33 PM
the article is correct in its assessment that portland is hell.

the only reason i want the blazers to win is that they wouldnt lay down and die against the lakers like houston would.

This is very true, the Blazers can take the Lakers to seven, Houston would find a way to lose in less then four games.

j.dizzle
04-16-2009, 12:38 PM
:lol this article is funny. How come the below .500 road record wasnt mentioned haha. Most teams are good in their own arena, nothing new. Im really lookin forward for this series. Rockets defense will do a good job on these young guys. If Rudy Fernandez & Blake dont get many wide open three's, then i can see thr rockets steal 1 of the first 2 games in portland. Yao needs to score more in the 2nd half too. Pryzbilla & Oden will pick up so many fouls so they just need to keep posting up yao for 4 quarters.

angrydude
04-16-2009, 12:42 PM
The rockets are going to win the first game by default because of the blazers lack of experience.

It almost always happens.

KSeal
04-16-2009, 12:42 PM
I still think Portland will advance but Houston will put up a better fight then SA would have. SA just can't hang with Portland.

j.dizzle
04-16-2009, 12:46 PM
This is very true, the Blazers can take the Lakers to seven, Houston would find a way to lose in less then four games.

I want LA to play Portland too, that shit would be fun to watch. I highly doubt it would go 7 games though. The Lakers would most likely take the first 2 & home. The blazers are inexperienced so i think they would feel lots of pressure if they went down 0-2. LA is due for a win in Portland & i think they'll win 1 there if they play em in the 2nd round. You just gotta take them out of their game.

UrAphag
04-16-2009, 01:21 PM
I want LA to play Portland too, that shit would be fun to watch. I highly doubt it would go 7 games though. The Lakers would most likely take the first 2 & home. The blazers are inexperienced so i think they would feel lots of pressure if they went down 0-2. LA is due for a win in Portland & i think they'll win 1 there if they play em in the 2nd round. You just gotta take them out of their game.
This. It's always been like that in the playoffs

BUMP
04-16-2009, 01:26 PM
JailBlazers>this squad

Morg1411
04-16-2009, 01:34 PM
That article is nearly 900 words worth of masturbation material for people living in Portland.

I do hope that Portland pounds the Rockets so that they can give the Lakers hell, but still, that article activates my gag reflex. Give me a fucking break.

IronMexican
04-16-2009, 01:35 PM
As a Laker fan, it's a win win. If the Rockets win, I can make fun of tlong and all things the Pacific Northwest. If Portland wins, we can all make fun of Rocketfans.

Lars
04-16-2009, 01:51 PM
Should be exciting no matter what, good luck Tlong.

lil_penny
04-16-2009, 01:55 PM
My prediction: this is going to be a series, houston and dallas were two teams I didnt want to see portland play in the first round.. but out of the two id take Houston. aaron brooks is too damn fast.. yao is unstoppable.. then you got two wing defenders in artest and battier who can give Roy hell.. Home court is whats going to give blazers the edge... the rose garden is going to be crazy. i dont see a sweep on either end.. i honestly see a 6 or 7 game series.

sook
04-16-2009, 02:16 PM
I can't really say we will lose...I mean, our seeding doesn't really affect anything. HCA isn't as important as people make it out to be, with one of our worst squads, actually OUR WORST squad this year we lost by a fuckinh 40 ft buzzer beater that mac left Roy open on. I think rockets in 6 but I know this is going to sound crazy but........

I hope they lose again so they can finally trade Yao's fucking ass while he still has value!

Indazone
04-16-2009, 02:53 PM
Sook Yao is never gonna get traded. He's the cash cow of the Rockets. He's also putting up monster stats when they actually get him the ball.

lil_penny
04-16-2009, 02:56 PM
i called earlier that the rockets will get out of the 1st round cause mcgrady wasnt playing lol thats before they were supposed to play portland. damn i hope i didnt curse my team lol

sook
04-16-2009, 02:58 PM
i don't care. Even if the rockets win

E20
04-16-2009, 03:00 PM
Rockets in 5 maybe 6.

spurs_fan_in_exile
04-16-2009, 03:02 PM
My gut's saying Blazers in five or six, but they'll all be very close games.

poop
04-16-2009, 03:04 PM
That article is nearly 900 words worth of masturbation material for people living in Portland.

I do hope that Portland pounds the Rockets so that they can give the Lakers hell, but still, that article activates my gag reflex. Give me a fucking break.

no kidding...might as well hand them the trophy right now huh? :rolleyes

portland is going to get a solid lesson in humility come playoff time.

The Franchise
04-16-2009, 03:06 PM
Sook Yao is never gonna get traded. He's the cash cow of the Rockets. He's also putting up monster stats when they actually get him the ball.

If an eight foot 315 lbs. bitch gets outfought for post position by Hollins from Dallas, how do you get him the ball?

Indazone
04-16-2009, 03:16 PM
He's still better than Rik Smits ever was and that Pacers team was loaded with outside shooters. That's the problem. If you want to contend, look to how that Pacers team was constructed.

Spursfan092120
04-16-2009, 03:19 PM
Houston in 6

urunobili
04-16-2009, 04:38 PM
Rockets in a long 7 game series...

urunobili
04-16-2009, 04:39 PM
Whatever happens, and whoever makes it out of that this series, the Lakers will be well rested and ready for either team.

Pray you dont get to play the Blazers on a roll and you TOO rested...That'd mean rusty too :wakeup

tlongII
04-16-2009, 04:45 PM
Should be exciting no matter what, good luck Tlong.

Good Luck to you too Lars.

I think we'll sweep the Rockets.

urunobili
04-16-2009, 04:46 PM
Let see what the Lakers do to teams on a roll.

Cavs undefeated at Home: Lakers win.
Boston on a 12 game winning streak: Lakers win
Boston on a 19 game winning streak: Lakers win

Im praying that we do catch them on a roll.

when you're right, you're right :tu

tlongII
04-16-2009, 04:47 PM
We need to focus on the Rockets because everybody knows who we really want.

Artest93
04-16-2009, 04:51 PM
We need to focus on the Rockets because everybody knows who we really want.

You bring up an excellent point, the blazers want the lakers badly, and if they look past the rockets, it'll be over in 6

The Franchise
04-16-2009, 04:54 PM

I'm going to hold onto this until the second round. :toast

redzero
04-16-2009, 05:00 PM
The Blazers need to be brought down to earth.

Artest93
04-16-2009, 05:09 PM
The Keys to the series:

1) Will Artest play within the offense and stop jacking up crazy shots???

2) Yao has to stay out of foul trouble, and just play his game

3) Aaron brooks needs to come off the bench, but if he doesn't, he has to shoot the ball with confidence, and stop trying to make crazy passes

4) Will Oden be nervous?

5) Von Wafer has to be put in at the right time

6) can Artest and Battier stop Roy?

7) Brent Barry has to be played

Nash2TimeMVp
04-16-2009, 05:13 PM
Doesn't matter both the rockets and blazers aren't going to go far in teh PO's. Both of the teams should just drop now. Don't know which team sucks more.

tomtom
04-16-2009, 05:22 PM
rip city fever!

Indazone
04-16-2009, 05:38 PM
It would take a miracle for the Rockets and for that matter any other Western Conference team to get past the Lakers.

lil_penny
04-16-2009, 05:42 PM
Doesn't matter both the rockets and blazers aren't going to go far in teh PO's. Both of the teams should just drop now. Don't know which team sucks more.

suns fan:lol

redzero
04-16-2009, 05:44 PM
That article reflects the self-masturbatory talk of Portland fans this entire year. I can't wait for the Rockets or Lakers to demolish them.

The Hornets losing to the Spurs in overtime was the best thing that could happen to them.

Nash2TimeMVp
04-16-2009, 05:59 PM
suns fan:lol
wqhy don't we call chris hansen and see what's up. trailblazer fan rapes little 14 year olds in his sig. i hate it the way blazers think they are storming there way in the PO's they will get bounched 1st round and end up missing the po's for another 5 years.

ginobili's bald spot
04-16-2009, 06:01 PM
wqhy don't we call chris hansen and see what's up. trailblazer fan rapes little 14 year olds in his sig.

Pshhh. That girl is at least 16 quit exaggerating.

duncan228
04-16-2009, 06:15 PM
No. 4 PORTLAND TRAIL BLAZERS (54-28) vs. No. 5 HOUSTON ROCKETS (53-29) (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-playoffpreviewcapsules&prov=ap&type=lgns)
Brian Mahoney

Season series: Rockets, 2-1. Houston won its two home games but had no chance for the sweep after falling 101-99 in overtime in November in Portland on Brandon Roy’s 3-pointer as time expired. The Rockets limited the Trail Blazers to 91 points per game in the other two meetings.

Storyline: A young Portland team got the Trail Blazers back into the postseason for the first time since 2003, ending the longest playoff drought in the NBA. Better yet for the Blazers, they earned home-court advantage on the final night of the season when the Rockets lost at Dallas, falling from a chance at the No. 2 seed. Portland is 34-7 at home, one of the league’s best records.

Key Matchup I: Roy vs. Ron Artest and Shane Battier. The Rockets have two top defensive options to throw at Roy, who scored 17 in Portland’s victory and averaged 23 in the two games at Houston. Artest scored 18 per game in the Rockets’ wins but was limited to nine in the loss.

Key Matchup II: LaMarcus Aldridge vs. Luis Scola. The Rockets need Scola, a rugged interior defender, to slow down the Blazers’ power forward, who averaged 23.3 points in the series.

X-Factor: Aaron Brooks. The former Oregon star, starting for the Rockets since they traded Rafer Alston at the trade deadline, scored 16 points per game against Portland this season.

Prediction: Rockets in 7.

Double-Up
04-16-2009, 06:27 PM
No. 4 PORTLAND TRAIL BLAZERS (54-28) vs. No. 5 HOUSTON ROCKETS (53-29) (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-playoffpreviewcapsules&prov=ap&type=lgns)
Brian Mahoney

Season series: Rockets, 2-1. Houston won its two home games but had no chance for the sweep after falling 101-99 in overtime in November in Portland on Brandon Roy’s 3-pointer as time expired. The Rockets limited the Trail Blazers to 91 points per game in the other two meetings.

Storyline: A young Portland team got the Trail Blazers back into the postseason for the first time since 2003, ending the longest playoff drought in the NBA. Better yet for the Blazers, they earned home-court advantage on the final night of the season when the Rockets lost at Dallas, falling from a chance at the No. 2 seed. Portland is 34-7 at home, one of the league’s best records.

Key Matchup I: Roy vs. Ron Artest and Shane Battier. The Rockets have two top defensive options to throw at Roy, who scored 17 in Portland’s victory and averaged 23 in the two games at Houston. Artest scored 18 per game in the Rockets’ wins but was limited to nine in the loss.

Key Matchup II: LaMarcus Aldridge vs. Luis Scola. The Rockets need Scola, a rugged interior defender, to slow down the Blazers’ power forward, who averaged 23.3 points in the series.

X-Factor: Aaron Brooks. The former Oregon star, starting for the Rockets since they traded Rafer Alston at the trade deadline, scored 16 points per game against Portland this season.

Nice recap about series...maybe the best team win. :toast

Indazone
04-16-2009, 06:41 PM
I wouldn't exactly call Scola a rugged defender.

Artest93
04-16-2009, 06:45 PM
Yeah, I know....Dirk ate Scola's lunch yesterday, hopefully chuckwagon can shut lamarcus down, and carl landry gets back up to his full speed.

Artest93
04-16-2009, 07:01 PM
I have just seen the dumbest post by a fan ever made, it happens to be a portland fan from prosportsdaily:

"I think the Blazers can handle the Rockets... They play great defense but their offense is questionable... I think Joel and Oden are enough to keep Yao from getting a monster game every time."

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=352549

E20
04-16-2009, 07:03 PM
The skank in lil_penny's sig for some reason turns me on. Gotdamn...WTF she is hot.

lil_penny
04-16-2009, 07:06 PM
wqhy don't we call chris hansen and see what's up. trailblazer fan rapes little 14 year olds in his sig. i hate it the way blazers think they are storming there way in the PO's they will get bounched 1st round and end up missing the po's for another 5 years.

in the amount of time the blazers have missed the playoffs what exactly have the suns done besides getting raped by the spurs or lakers?:lol

enjoy the lottery i cant wait for you guys to sell us another one of your picks for some petty cash hahaha.. thanks again for rudy! this time it will be a lottery pick:lmao

DaDakota
04-16-2009, 08:19 PM
This is a coin flip series...either team could win and I would not be surprised.

DD

benefactor
04-16-2009, 08:38 PM
Rockets in 6...an ugly 6.

Obstructed_View
04-16-2009, 08:56 PM
I think I'm gonna go change my vote on the "overconfidence" thread...

duncan228
04-16-2009, 09:31 PM
The Kids Who Crashed the NBA's Party (http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123992738893627511.html)
Kevin Pelton

It's no secret that the Portland Trail Blazers, who are making their first NBA playoff appearance since 2003 on Saturday, are a young team. When grouped together, the average age of its players is 25.3 -- which makes them significantly younger than veteran squads like the San Antonio Spurs.

But a simple average doesn't do Portland justice. After all, Raef LaFrentz, the team's injured 32-year-old center who didn't play a minute this season, is still on the roster. A better way to compare Portland to the rest of the league is "effective age," a statistic that averages players' ages but also weights by how many minutes they play. By this metric, Portland is the NBA's second-youngest team overall, one of the 10 youngest of the last three decades and the youngest since 1980 to win at least 50 games.

Despite using as many as four rookies in their rotation and relying on two third-year players (Brandon Roy and LaMarcus Aldridge) as go-to guys, the Blazers won a share of the Northwest Division title. In doing so, Portland defied one of the laws of the NBA: that older teams are better. There is a strong correlation (.515) between a team's effective age and its success. In fact, an extra year of effective age is roughly equivalent to four extra wins per season.

There's no reason to believe the Blazers' inexperience will hold them back now. Of the 10 youngest teams to win 50-plus games since 1980, seven reached the second round. With the league's fourth-best home record and home court advantage over the Houston Rockets, the Blazers stand an excellent chance of doing the same.

Roxsfan
04-16-2009, 10:35 PM
My feeling is that the blazers are going to play cocky with nervous energy and make mistakes in close games that favor the rockets. The rockets will redeem their first round exits b/c compared to 2007-2008 Jazz and 2005 Mavs, the blazers are pretty average. I take the rox in 6 games.

funniest thing said in this thread is from t thong, blazers sweep rox:lmao

j-money24
04-16-2009, 10:45 PM
It would take a miracle for the Rockets and for that matter any other Western Conference team to get past the Lakers.

The Blazers can beat the Lakers.
I'll be honest right now, I think we have a better chance of beating Cleveland than Portland.
The Blazers are just a bad match up for us.

Roxsfan
04-17-2009, 12:51 AM
Brandy Roy sees the Wall, pees shorts
http://i39.tinypic.com/2e3r5ty.gif

lil_penny
04-17-2009, 12:54 AM
^lol

NewJerSpur
04-17-2009, 01:29 AM
I want to pull for the Blazers because I believe they'd give th Lakers better/longer-lasting competition, but I've learn to grow a bit suspect of young teams making it to the playoffs for the 1st time as a unit in the NBA. Baseball is a diffierent story; teams like the Marlins and Rays pop-up every few years, but basketball always leans towards the more experienced group, even if they are coming in under the radar. Either way, it's going to be, IMO, THE best 1st round series!!

tlongII
04-17-2009, 09:45 AM
People said a team this young couldn't win 50 games too.

Roxsfan
04-17-2009, 09:46 AM
^lol

I know:downspin:

poop
04-17-2009, 10:57 AM
what the hell is this 'Rip City' crap? i mean what the fuck does that even mean? 'Rip'????

Artest93
04-17-2009, 11:37 AM
Maybe their season will rest in peace???

NewJerSpur
04-17-2009, 07:41 PM
People said a team this young couldn't win 50 games too.

Again, the regular season doesn't often translate to the postseason for young NBA teams. We'll have to see, but as laid back as the team is I sure hope they don't take Houston lightly.

JordanL
04-17-2009, 10:05 PM
2010 Free Agents for the Portland Trail Blazers

Restricted LaMarcus Aldridge, Sergio Rodriguez, Brandon Roy
Unrestricted Steve Blake, Travis Outlaw, Joel Przybilla (ETO)

Say goodbye to your bench Portland. In one year, Morey will buy Brandon Roy and then you'll be screwed forever. Either that or he'll make a fine trade with another team and aquire Brandon Roy. lol

:rollin

Seriously. That's the funniest shit I've read in months. I literally spit out what I was drinking because I laughed.

JordanL
04-17-2009, 10:06 PM
Again, the regular season doesn't often translate to the postseason for young NBA teams. We'll have to see, but as laid back as the team is I sure hope they don't take Houston lightly.

Kevin Pelton actually just did a piece on this.

Turns out of the six youngest teams to EVER make the playoffs, half of them won at least one series, and one made it all the way to the finals.

NewJerSpur
04-17-2009, 10:10 PM
What's the timeline regarding these teams?

Bob Lanier
04-18-2009, 02:58 AM
Again, the regular season doesn't often translate to the postseason for young NBA teams.
Funnily enough, for old ones either.

Roxsfan
04-19-2009, 12:39 AM

What do you think now puto?

Wow, if this is hell, I kind of like it:lmao:lmao

redzero
04-19-2009, 12:40 AM
This article is now hilarious.

Def Rowe
04-19-2009, 12:45 AM
Welcome to hell. Grab a seat.

redzero
04-19-2009, 12:46 AM
Frail Blazers fans only have to endure hell for one more home game.

poop
04-19-2009, 12:49 AM
no kidding...might as well hand them the trophy right now huh? :rolleyes

portland is going to get a solid lesson in humility come playoff time.

me = prophet

Roxsfan
04-19-2009, 12:50 AM
me = prophet

:lmao:

The Franchise
04-19-2009, 12:52 AM
FIIIIRE!!!! :cooldevil

NewJerSpur
04-19-2009, 01:47 AM
Funnily enough, for old ones either.

Really? Our old team is only 2 years removed from our last title? Man having experience is GRRRRREAT!! :king

ginobili's bald spot
04-19-2009, 06:49 AM
Hell didn't look that scary at all.

The Franchise
04-19-2009, 10:40 AM
Hell has peanuts.

Roxsfan
04-25-2009, 01:24 AM
Welcome to HELL......................:lmao
http://www.adoptionblogs.com/media/OpenAdoption/girl-scared-and-wet.jpg

Indazone
04-25-2009, 01:36 AM
I'm thinking Hell has popcorn and I'm enjoying the show.

mavs>spurs2
04-25-2009, 01:38 AM
Rockets in 5. Please Rockets, I beg of you, please give LA hell in the next round. I hate to see those sorry faggots win another undeserved ring. Laker fan emerged out of the depths like roaches after the "Gasol robbery" and honestly their fans just aren't worthy of a 16th ring. That doesn't go against any of you few good Laker poster, but to the millions of scrubs who would surely flood the board

Tmac&Luther
04-25-2009, 01:39 AM
Brian Mahoney

Hey, I ran across this with the bumping of the thread and this "Brian Mahoney" knows what the fuck he's talking about.....everything he said has been spot on so far. :toast

leemajors
04-25-2009, 02:27 AM
battier traveled.

Roxsfan
04-25-2009, 07:41 PM
I kind of wish the rockets would beat the Blazers and Lakers and get their butts ready for us to kick. the 40pt blow out is still pretty fresh in my mind, as if it happened only several hours ago.

U really think the mavs are beating the nugs?

redzero
04-25-2009, 07:47 PM
U really think the mavs are beating the nugs?

The Nuggets have to beat the Hornets first.

Roxsfan
04-27-2009, 12:44 AM
welcome to hell...........:lmao

E20
04-27-2009, 12:46 AM
whoops

Tmac&Luther
04-27-2009, 01:47 AM
This thread just went epic, one of the greatest threads ever (second only to the original Scola thread where Whottt made a complete ass out of himself and said Bonner was a better fit for the Spurs). Anyways....

WELCOME TO HEEEEELLLLL!!!!!

:lol

Indazone
04-27-2009, 02:27 AM
Hell started to warm up in Portland. How does it feel with the fire starting to nip at your toes and your nostrils filling with brimstone.

Kamnik
04-27-2009, 06:24 AM
It seems rox have their seat grabed pretty well... :P

Caltex2
04-27-2009, 11:41 PM
Who knew? Someone switched the Heaven and Hell signs. It feels like paradise.

Roxsfan
04-30-2009, 10:06 PM

I can't resist. Welcome to Hell right back at you:lmao

how is that sweep working out for you?

Def Rowe
04-30-2009, 10:11 PM
Lmao... **Clint Eastwood voice** Welcome to hell, now grab a seat.... :lmao

kamikazi_player
04-30-2009, 10:54 PM
bump