PDA

View Full Version : MSNC, CNN use overt oral sexual humor in telecasts last night.

GaryJohnston
04-16-2009, 12:40 PM
Cable Anchors, Guests Use Tea Parties as Platform for Frat House Humor
Cable anchors and guests covered the anti-tax tea party protests by cracking a litany of barely concealed sexual references.

For thousands of Americans, Tax Day was a moment to protest what they see as bloated budgets and a pile of debt being passed on to their children.

For CNN, MSNBC and other media outlets, it was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to use the word "teabagging" in a sentence.

Teabagging, for those who don't live in a frat house, refers to a sexual act involving part of the male genitalia and a second person's face or mouth.

So when the anti-tax "tea party" protests were held Wednesday across the country, cable anchors and guests -- who for weeks had all but ignored the story -- covered the protests by cracking a litany of barely concealed sexual references.

CNN anchor Anderson Cooper interspersed "teabagging" references with analyst David Gergen's more staid commentary on how Republicans are still "searching for their voice."

"It's hard to talk when you're teabagging," Cooper explained. Gergen laughed, but Cooper kept a straight face.

MSNBC's David Shuster weaved a tapestry of "Animal House" humor Monday as he filled in for Countdown host Keith Olbermann.

The protests, he explained, amount to "Teabagging day for the right wing and they are going nuts for it."

He described the parties as simultaneously "full-throated" and "toothless," and continued: "They want to give President Obama a strong tongue-lashing and lick government spending." Shuster also noted how the protesters "whipped out" the demonstrations this past weekend.

Tea Party participants were not amused. The events were held in dozens of cities across the country, and while some demonstrators were criticized for wielding off-topic and sometimes insensitive protest signs, most took to the streets to speak out against government spending.

Brent Bozell, president of the conservative Media Research Center, said the media coverage was "insulting," reacting specifically to CNN reporter Susan Roesgen's combative interviews with Illinois demonstrators in which she declared that the protests were "anti-CNN" and supported by FOX News. She left the teabagging jokes to her colleagues, though.

"I've never seen anything like it," Bozell said. "The oral sex jokes on (CNN) and particularly MSNBC on teabagging ... they had them by the dozens. That's how insulting they were toward people who believe they're being taxed too highly."

Max Pappas, public policy vice president at FreedomWorks -- a small-government group which promoted the tea parties -- said it's a "shame" media outlets cracked jokes at a genuine "grassroots uprising."

"I think what that reveals is how worried they are that this might actually be something serious. You make fun of things you're afraid of, I'd say," Pappas said.

If anyone thinks the orally charged remarks on mainstream cable were just a coincidence, MSNBC's Rachel Maddow's segments over the past week with guest, Air America's Ana Marie Cox, would dissolve all doubt. Their on-air gymnastics, dancing around the double entendre of the week, looked like live-action Beavis and Butthead.

By one count, the two of them used the word "teabag" more than 50 times on one show. And on Monday, Cox even let the viewers in on their joke -- referencing Urbandictionary.com, a site which offers a number of colorful definitions for the term "teabagging."

"Well, there is a lot of love in teabagging," Cox said. "It is curious, though, as you point out, they do not use the verb 'teabag.' It might be because they're less enthusiastic about teabagging than some of the more corporate conservatives who seem to have taken to it quite easily."

Jenny Beth Martin, a Republican activist who helped organize one protest in Atlanta, said she's not too worried about the protests being dismissed by some media outlets. She estimated 750,000 people attended more than 800 protests in all 50 states, and that at the very least the local media and community newspapers documented it.

"Our message definitely got out where it needed to get," she said.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/04/16/cable-anchors-guests-use-tea-parties-platform-frat-house-humor/

clambake
04-16-2009, 12:43 PM
is this how you found out?

GaryJohnston
04-16-2009, 12:50 PM
An obscene lack of professionalism from CNN. I expect that lack of professionalism from MSNBC, but was still shocked to see. Olberman even put up a picture of a building that looked like a cock and balls on his pathetic telecast. All MSNBC is, is papparazi type slander and propaganda. Never any real news or debate. You'll never see anyone with a differing opinion their shows. At least on CNN and Fox you will see actual debate.

I didn't expect what I saw from CNN. Anderson would of never said that on Channel 1, lol, but in all seriousness that was dissappointing.

Its no wonder the most professional of news outlets, FoxNews, kills the other 2 networks in ratings. No wonder at all.

ChumpDumper
04-16-2009, 12:52 PM
Olbermann had the best one. He was describing the discrepancy between Neil Cavuto's lie and the actual estimate of the crowd at the rally he attended. Instead of saying "vast difference" he said "vas deferens."

Board Republicans are compete pussies now. Thanks for the confirmation.

JoeChalupa
04-16-2009, 12:53 PM
That damn liberal media!!

JoeChalupa
04-16-2009, 12:54 PM
:lmao

InRareForm
04-16-2009, 12:59 PM
Lol

GaryJohnston
04-16-2009, 01:00 PM
That damn liberal media!!

I think its safe to say we can stop calling them media/news/journalist. They have ceased to be objective and want to sleep with Obama. They are more like gossip magazines now.

ChumpDumper
04-16-2009, 01:02 PM
I thought you didn't like sexual humor.

clambake
04-16-2009, 01:04 PM
They have ceased to be objective and want to sleep with Obama.

not cavuto.....he wanted to sleep with 15K imaginary protesters.

GaryJohnston
04-16-2009, 01:09 PM
I thought you didn't like sexual humor.

No, I like crass humor. Im a pretty crass guy. But professionalism is expected in certain outlets. We didn't get that yesterday. We got comedy central on the supposed "news" networks. But hey, I've come to expect this from liberalisim.......

ChumpDumper
04-16-2009, 01:12 PM
No, I like crass humor. Im a pretty crass guy. But professionalism is expected in certain outlets. We didn't get that yesterday. We got comedy central on the supposed "news" networks. But hey, I've come to expect this from liberalisim.......I would have expected Fox to report and not make the news yesterday. Where is your outrage over that?

It was very unprofessional of the Fox News Channel -- worthy of ridicule.

clambake
04-16-2009, 01:13 PM
Its no wonder the most professional of news outlets, FoxNews, kills the other 2 networks in ratings. No wonder at all.

it doesn't bother you that cavuto would lie to you about something so trivial?

scott
04-16-2009, 01:13 PM
This is important.

TheProfessor
04-16-2009, 01:21 PM
Gasp!

GaryJohnston
04-16-2009, 01:23 PM
it doesn't bother you that cavuto would lie to you about something so trivial?

He was estimating of the top of his head. Big fucking deal. That is supposed to be "news":lmao...And as far as outright lying goe, HA MSNBC does it all the time. That dosn't piss you off?

ChumpDumper
04-16-2009, 01:25 PM
He was estimating of the top of his head. Big fucking deal.Ok, now you are lying.

I can't say this was unexpected.

samikeyp
04-16-2009, 01:27 PM
I don't disagree about how liberal MSNBC can get but as much as they slant to the left, Fox News slants to the right just as much.

clambake
04-16-2009, 01:29 PM
this thread turned on you........fast.

JoeChalupa
04-16-2009, 01:36 PM
He was estimating of the top of his head. Big fucking deal. That is supposed to be "news":lmao...And as far as outright lying goe, HA MSNBC does it all the time. That dosn't piss you off?

And that is one massive head. Okay, perhaps it was unprofessional of them but it was funny. Anderson Cooper cracked me up. :lol

coyotes_geek
04-16-2009, 01:39 PM
I don't disagree about how liberal MSNBC can get but as much as they slant to the left, Fox News slants to the right just as much.

How can this be? Clearly the channel who gives me the news the way I like to hear it is less slanted than the others.

ChumpDumper
04-16-2009, 01:40 PM
I just noticed you actually added a link to the story.

Where's the byline? One would think the writer would want to take credit for this pulitzer-worthy effort.

JoeChalupa
04-16-2009, 01:45 PM
How can this be? Clearly the channel who gives me the news the way I like to hear it is less slanted than the others.

At least O'Reilley does give the progressive view a pretty much equal shot at proving their point. Yeah he is a conservative but he's not nearly as bad as Rush Limpballs or Sean insHannity when it comes to showing both sides. I do like Bill.

GaryJohnston
04-16-2009, 02:02 PM
Obviously FoxNews is slanted towards the right, but they constantly have on their programming opposing viewpoints. Every single night you will see Hannity interview 1 or 2 people with opposing viewpoints. And O'Reilly(who's main viewpoint is traditionalism) has liberals and democrats on his program all the time, every day. And Greta loves Hillary. Which is why I think they kill in the ratings department. They offer true debate which is what I think most Americans like to see.

On MSNBC you'll never see debate. Just right wing bashing that is really childish and unprofessional.

But to most of you liberals, thats just fine. However I don't think you'd like it if I call you a ball licker and a sucker of cocks now would you?

ChumpDumper
04-16-2009, 02:09 PM
On MSNBC you'll never see debate. Just right wing bashing that is really childish and unprofessional.You watch MSNBC all the time?

But to most of you liberals, thats just fine. However I don't think you'd like it if I call you a ball licker and a sucker of cocks now would you?If I brought it on myself by using teabags as props nonstop and actually using "teabag" and "teabagging" as a verb, I wouldn't have much room to complain.

Sorry man, Fox teabagged themselves by eagerly becoming the story.

GaryJohnston
04-16-2009, 02:11 PM
I just noticed you actually added a link to the story.

Where's the byline? One would think the writer would want to take credit for this pulitzer-worthy effort.

Uh, yeah, I realized I left it out, so I added it back it???? Whats the big deal? Its good fourm etiquette to add a link to a posted article. Come'on.

clambake
04-16-2009, 02:13 PM
On MSNBC you'll never see debate. Just right wing bashing that is really childish and unprofessional.
and you won't see anyone here coming to their rescue. did that escape your attention?

But to most of you liberals, thats just fine. However I don't think you'd like it if I call you a ball licker and a sucker of cocks now would you?
it was your people that made you aware of the meaning.....and it's damned funny!!!

jman3000
04-16-2009, 02:14 PM
I thought it was hilarious... a couple nights ago Olbermann had a good 2 or 3 minute long story describing the protests using nothing but double entendres.

GaryJohnston
04-16-2009, 02:21 PM
You watch MSNBC all the time?

If I brought it on myself by using teabags as props nonstop and actually using "teabag" and "teabagging" as a verb, I wouldn't have much room to complain.

Sorry man, Fox teabagged themselves by eagerly becoming the story.

I usually watch a little of the late night reboadcast for shock value. I had an ex liberal girlfriend who watched it all the time, so I am very familiar with their...uh, lol, "journalists" :lmao

And you did bring it upon yourself cocksucker. You think its okay for people of opposing views to be called teabaggers. By enjoying and taking part in it you condone it. All because people are protesting needless porkbarrel government spending, high taxes and have a differing viewpoint. That makes it okay for them to be called teabaggers by MSNBC and CNN?

Guess its okay to call you ball licker and a cocksucker then, huh cocksucker?

GaryJohnston
04-16-2009, 02:23 PM
and you won't see anyone here coming to their rescue. did that escape your attention?

it was your people that made you aware of the meaning.....and it's damned funny!!!

I became aware of it last night, and followed up with news stories this morning cocksucker.

ChumpDumper
04-16-2009, 02:26 PM
And you did bring it upon yourself cocksucker. You think its okay for people of opposing views to be called teabaggers. By enjoying and taking part in it you condone it.:lol Does it make you feel better?

I certainly don't feel any worse.

All because people are protesting needless porkbarrel government spending, high taxes and have a differing viewpoint. That makes it okay for them to be called teabaggers by MSNBC and CNN?Man, your butt must really hurt.

Guess its okay to call you ball licker and a cocksucker then, huh cocksucker?Folks are free to call me anything they want. If you want to restrict that freedom, I disagree with you.

GaryJohnston
04-16-2009, 02:28 PM
:lol Does it make you feel better?

I certainly don't feel any worse.

Man, your butt must really hurt.

Folks are free to call me anything they want. If you want to restrict that freedom, I disagree with you.

Will do. Now go find a dicks to suck :lmao

clambake
04-16-2009, 02:31 PM
I became aware of it last night,
we've been laughing for weeks.

and followed up with news stories this morning
thanks for telling us about the very thing we've been laughing about for weeks.

cocksucker.
you don't handle failure very well.

oh, and your statement about wasteful spending didn't stop you guys from blowing all that cash on a million tea bags.

DarrinS
04-16-2009, 02:33 PM
Well, the viewing public has been teabagging them for a long time, based on their ratings.

Q: Will their ratings increase after a day of 3rd grade humor?
A: taint likely

JoeChalupa
04-16-2009, 02:35 PM
Like I said....that damn liberal media!!

I watch FoxNews all the time and as much as it makes me gag by how biased they are I'm sure others gag when they watch MSNBC. While CNN may lean to the left they are not as bad, IMO, as MSNBC. Olberman is a riot and he doesn't try to his bias. Sean Hannity is truly a right-wing radical, IMO. He's going a little bit too far as I heard one of his guests, and I can't remember his name, tell him yesterday that conservatives just can't keep bashing every single thing that Obama does because it hurts their image especially when some republicans have sided with Obama on some key issues.
And FoxNews has some major news babes.

ChumpDumper
04-16-2009, 02:35 PM
How do you guys even sit down with such hurt butts?

JoeChalupa
04-16-2009, 02:36 PM
With all the penis talk shouldn't your user name be Gary Johnson?

clambake
04-16-2009, 02:41 PM
i like shepard smith...and i'm guessing there's a few bad marks listed in his human resources file.

ChumpDumper
04-16-2009, 02:44 PM
Will do.So you will try to restrict freedom of speech.

FaithInOne
04-16-2009, 03:08 PM
Thank ya Jesus I did not have to sit and watch that ugly dyke Maddow make sexual innuendos

:vomit

All of these loser media outlets are getting teabagged by ratings so it's all good :rollin

JoeChalupa
04-16-2009, 03:11 PM
Shepard Smith is cool. So is that Major dude.

DarrinS
04-16-2009, 04:40 PM
Well, the viewing public has been teabagging them for a long time, based on their ratings.

Q: Will their ratings increase after a day of 3rd grade humor?
A: taint likely

Yesterday's Ratings:

FOXNEWS 3,390,000
MSNBC 1,210,000
CNN 1,070,000
CNN HEADLINE 909,000

FOXNEWS O'REILLY 3,980,000
FOXNEWS HANNITY 3,239,000
FOXNEWS GRETA 2,947,000
FOXNEWS BECK 2,740,000
FOXNEWS BAIER 2,401,000
FOXNEWS SHEP 2,185,000
COMEDY DAILY SHOW 1,777,000
MSNBC OLBERMANN 1,499,000
COMEDY COLBERT 1,446,000
CNNHN GRACE 1,336,000
CNN KING 1,292,000
MSNBC MADDOW 1,149,000
CNN COOPER 1,021,000

More people watch Jon Stewart than Oblerman, Maddow, and Cooper. :lmao

clambake
04-16-2009, 04:42 PM
those ratings didn't come from cavuto, did they?

JoeChalupa
04-16-2009, 04:44 PM
Yesterday's Ratings:

FOXNEWS 3,390,000
MSNBC 1,210,000
CNN 1,070,000
CNN HEADLINE 909,000

FOXNEWS O'REILLY 3,980,000
FOXNEWS HANNITY 3,239,000
FOXNEWS GRETA 2,947,000
FOXNEWS BECK 2,740,000
FOXNEWS BAIER 2,401,000
FOXNEWS SHEP 2,185,000
COMEDY DAILY SHOW 1,777,000
MSNBC OLBERMANN 1,499,000
COMEDY COLBERT 1,446,000
CNNHN GRACE 1,336,000
CNN KING 1,292,000
MSNBC MADDOW 1,149,000
CNN COOPER 1,021,000

More people watch Jon Stewart than Oblerman, Maddow, and Cooper. :lmao

There is no doubt that FoxNews kicks ass in the ratings but that is because progressives have jobs and not as much time to watch TV as conservatives do.
I somehow find the time to watch FoxNews. I like Geraldo's show too and when he goes against Bill O.

DarrinS
04-16-2009, 04:45 PM
There is no doubt that FoxNews kicks ass in the ratings but that is because progressives have jobs

Someone's got to flip our burgers.

DarrinS
04-16-2009, 04:46 PM
those ratings didn't come from cavuto, did they?

I know what you mean. It is difficult to believe that Maddow is not dead last on that list.

JoeChalupa
04-16-2009, 04:48 PM
Someone's got to flip our burgers.

Nothing wrong with an honest day's work but apparently you look down on them.

DarrinS
04-16-2009, 04:50 PM
Nothing wrong with an honest day's work but apparently you look down on them.

It was just a joke. What I meant to say was that someone needs to make our chalupas.

I've worked at several restaurants in my life. Nothing wrong with honest work.

JoeChalupa
04-16-2009, 04:51 PM
It was just a joke. What I meant to say was that someone needs to make our chalupas.

I've worked at several restaurants in my life. Nothing wrong with honest work.

So was I. Sarcastic that is. My first job was at a restaurant.

DarrinS
04-16-2009, 05:36 PM
So was I. Sarcastic that is. My first job was at a restaurant.

I worked at 5 restaurants in my younger days. Sucked when I was in high school because BK was open until 3 am. :wow

clambake
04-16-2009, 05:53 PM
I know what you mean. It is difficult to believe that Maddow is not dead last on that list.

:lol

SpuronyourFace
04-17-2009, 10:00 AM
Wow, really low of those networks. I didn't even think you could say "teabagging" or make references to cocks and balls and mouths like that on T.V.

FCC???

clambake
04-17-2009, 10:05 AM
Wow, really low of those networks. I didn't even think you could say "teabagging" or make references to cocks and balls and mouths like that on T.V.

FCC???

you're kidding, right?

every time a republican gets frustrated they pull out the cock smack.

every time.

SpuronyourFace
04-17-2009, 10:16 AM
you're kidding, right?

every time a republican gets frustrated they pull out the cock smack.

every time.

What do you mean?

clambake
04-17-2009, 10:20 AM
read this thread, for instance. pay attention to the post from the thread starter.

SpuronyourFace
04-17-2009, 10:24 AM
read this thread, for instance. pay attention to the post from the thread starter.

Dude, whatever. I hate when you ask someone what they mean, or to explain themselves and then they direct you elsewhere because they are probably not intelligent to explain what they think, or how they talk out of their ass....

Oh, and before I forget. Fuck you mav fan.

clambake
04-17-2009, 10:30 AM
Dude, whatever. I hate when you ask someone what they mean, or to explain themselves and then they direct you elsewhere because they are probably not intelligent to explain what they think, or how they talk out of their ass....

Oh, and before I forget. Fuck you mav fan.

i thought i'd give you a chance to make your own conclusions.

i won't make the mistake of expecting any effort from you.

fair enough?

LnGrrrR
04-17-2009, 10:59 AM
OMG! Think of the children!

If you're that butthurt, then go start a protest or boycott.

Wild Cobra
04-17-2009, 11:24 AM
This is a ridiculous thread. Teabagging is not a universally know slang for a genitalia related act.

Please grow up people.

clambake
04-17-2009, 11:26 AM
This is a ridiculous thread. Teabagging is not a universally know slang for a genitalia related act.

Please grow up people.

it's gender specific?

please expand.

jman3000
04-17-2009, 11:31 AM
I've been tea bagging bitches since GoldenEye for the N64.

LnGrrrR
04-17-2009, 11:38 AM
I've been tea bagging bitches since GoldenEye for the N64.

ROTF :rollin

RandomGuy
04-23-2009, 07:52 AM
[Fox News offers] true debate

Seriously?

I have seen little on Fox "news" that would qualify as "debate".

It usually follows the form of:

Host: "[Stilted question, using strawman logical fallacy?]"

Liberal "guest": "That was a distort-"

Host: (interrupting) "Why do you hate America?"

Liberal "guest": "I don't really, but-"

Host: "[Stilted question, half-true "fact"]"

Liberal "guest": "That isn't entirely true, when you take a look at-

Host: "It was entirely true, what are you trying to hide?"

etc.

GMAFB, if you are dumb enough to think you are getting real "debate" on Fox "news", you are their target demographic though.