PDA

View Full Version : This old lady I work with.

BacktoBasics
04-16-2009, 12:48 PM
She's all nice and sweet and talks to people with that annoying old lady southern draw. People just love that shit. It somehow lends credibility if you talk like a fucking hick. Hick old ladies are always honest RIGHT. Guess what? You pay dearly for that shit she's almost 15% more expensive than I am. I want to knock her fucking teeth in.

ashbeeigh
04-16-2009, 12:58 PM
Can you just start athread entitled "B2B Bitchfest" to compile are your random thoughts? It would be a lot more helpful for all of us.

EricB
04-16-2009, 01:01 PM
I'm a pretty grumpy person, but B2B has me beat.

Bigzax
04-16-2009, 01:02 PM
you could always set the place on fire...

CosmicCowboy
04-16-2009, 01:03 PM
Can you just start athread entitled "B2B Bitchfest" to compile are your random thoughts? It would be a lot more helpful for all of us.

The "ignore" button is your friend if you don't like it.

This guy is hilarious.

SpursWoman
04-16-2009, 01:04 PM

:lol

BacktoBasics
04-16-2009, 01:08 PM
you could always set the place on fire...http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd270/djbubblejuice/funnycoolshit/fire.gif

04-16-2009, 01:08 PM
It's "drawl", moron.

So not only does some old lady game you, and get 15% more on her sales than you do, but you want to bitch about someone doing better than you at the same job?

BacktoBasics
04-16-2009, 01:09 PM
Can you just start athread entitled "B2B Bitchfest" to compile are your random thoughts? It would be a lot more helpful for all of us.You'd be amazed at the actual restraint I exercise.

ashbeeigh

This guy is hilarious.

Never said I didn't like him. It's just a pain in the butt reading new thread every time he has a new thought. One central location would be good, and stickied would be best.

Pyromaniac

+1

BacktoBasics
04-16-2009, 01:11 PM
It's "drawl", moron.

So not only does some old lady game you, and get 15% more on her sales than you do, but you want to bitch about someone doing better than you at the same job?
Thanks for the clarification. Just because she charges more doesn't mean she out sells me. I outsold her by 23 trailers last year.

She's old she doesn't need the money. Her margins in the big picture are counterproductive at best. Not that production matters here.

TheSuckUp
04-16-2009, 01:13 PM

This guy is hilarious.

I couldn't agree more.

BacktoBasics
04-16-2009, 01:13 PM
....and don't get me fucking wrong. I'm here because this place is a means to an end. A paycheck. At this point I don't have the resources I need to expand my own business otherwise I'd have been gone a long time ago. I'm like everyone else okay I tolerate my work conditions because I have mouths to feed.

MiamiHeat
04-16-2009, 02:54 PM
lol

Summers
04-16-2009, 04:29 PM
Wait, you're mad at her for the way she talks? Someday I'll be an old lady with a Southern drawl. I hope someone doesn't punch me for it.

BacktoBasics
04-16-2009, 04:30 PM
Wait, you're mad at her for the way she talks? Someday I'll be an old lady with a Southern drawl. I hope someone doesn't punch me for it.
I don't like her. The drawl is fake and contrived used as a selling tool. Did I mention I don't like her?

xtremesteven33
04-16-2009, 04:37 PM
B2B is a douchebag

BacktoBasics
04-16-2009, 04:40 PM
B2B is a douchebagWhy? What makes me a douchebag? Is the fact that I don't like some piece of shit old lady using a fake accent to swindle others out of money?

mavs>spurs2
04-16-2009, 04:54 PM
Why? What makes me a douchebag? Is the fact that I don't like some piece of shit old lady using a fake accent to swindle others out of money?

Isn't it part of your line of work to swindle people out of money? Does it really matter how she does it?

BacktoBasics
04-16-2009, 04:58 PM
Isn't it part of your line of work to swindle people out of money? Does it really matter how she does it?I think that's a fair statement. I just don't stoop to those unethical levels.

mavs>spurs2
04-16-2009, 05:19 PM
You could even take it a step further, pretending to be gay when making sales to women. They'll see you as less of a threat and feel like they can relate with you. I think this could be a great sales tactic

mrsmaalox
04-16-2009, 05:36 PM
http://aussiecynic.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/oldlady.bmp

SequSpur
04-16-2009, 06:41 PM
so you sell trailers? and you don't like the fact that a hick granny sells trailers? :lmao

dude...

Obstructed_View
04-17-2009, 02:08 AM
She's all nice and sweet and talks to people with that annoying old lady southern draw. People just love that shit. It somehow lends credibility if you talk like a fucking hick. Hick old ladies are always honest RIGHT. Guess what? You pay dearly for that shit she's almost 15% more expensive than I am. I want to knock her fucking teeth in.

Maybe she just sucks dick better than you do.

SpursStalker
04-17-2009, 07:36 AM
B2B, I just have to say, I love your little stories ...

For some reason they always brighten my day!!

:D

SAGambler
04-17-2009, 08:57 AM

Probably because she knows it's "southern drawl", not "southern draw". Stupid fool can't even speak good english, yet somehow thinks he is more valuable.

SpursWoman
04-17-2009, 09:03 AM
Maybe she just sucks dick better than you do.

It's all over once you can take out your teeth. :baby

BacktoBasics
04-17-2009, 09:20 AM
Probably because she knows it's "southern drawl", not "southern draw". Stupid fool can't even speak good english, yet somehow thinks he is more valuable.Regardless of my spelling she's a worthless old piece of shit dishonest hack. She preys on the ignorance of others and exploits their good nature to make a buck. You people love to stand up and bitch and moan about the lack of people willing to do good honest business with their peers. Its such a fucking stick point to so many of you out there...you all want a good honest salesmen because they're few and far between, RIGHT? You don't want to be swindles or lied to, RIGHT? Is that not accurate? The moment I stand up and point out one of the bad guys you jump right the fuck up to criticize me. Why? So now what???? You want to fall for the old tried and true line of bullshit. Why do you defend the very type of business practices you despise. Because she's old? Because I don't like her?

Who's the fool?

marini martini
04-17-2009, 09:34 AM
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk43/jaewest_photos/sprite-logo-2.jpg

Mixability
04-17-2009, 09:53 AM
I'm just picturing Paula Dean selling a shit load of trailers while B2B is in the back jacking with her insulin.

BacktoBasics
04-17-2009, 10:03 AM
I'd like to hear from SAGambler as to why he thinks an unethical hustler has more value than good honest business.

BacktoBasics
04-17-2009, 10:05 AM
I'm just picturing Paula Dean selling a shit load of trailers while B2B is in the back jacking with her insulin.She's not that big. She's 98lbs...very skinny. She play the frail old lady card to a fucking T. Has guys helping her in and out of trailers all day...even though she can walk fine. Sympathy sells.

Obstructed_View
04-17-2009, 10:26 AM
It's all over once you can take out your teeth. :baby

Yeah, perhaps knocking her teeth out wouldn't be the best career move in that case.

Mixability
04-17-2009, 12:06 PM
She's not that big. She's 98lbs...very skinny. She play the frail old lady card to a fucking T. Has guys helping her in and out of trailers all day...even though she can walk fine. Sympathy sells.

oh shit! haha

Hey do you know if anyone sells those old school "teardrop" trailers?

I've been wanting one of those.

jack sommerset
04-17-2009, 12:21 PM
I generally hate old women. She couldn't sell me anything. If you want I'll come by ur work and tell her to fuck off when she comes up to me.

Bigzax
04-17-2009, 12:24 PM
take her to the boneyard!

BacktoBasics
04-17-2009, 12:58 PM
oh shit! haha

Hey do you know if anyone sells those old school "teardrop" trailers?

I've been wanting one of those.We don't carry them. Overpriced junk. They look cool but are way more expensive with way fewer options than your typical entry level camper. I'd look in a different direction if I were you.

Mixability
04-17-2009, 01:11 PM
We don't carry them. Overpriced junk. They look cool but are way more expensive with way fewer options than your typical entry level camper. I'd look in a different direction if I were you.

I'm just in the market for it for the nostalgia feel of it. I've never owned a trailer, so I don't know what to look for. I'm not worrying about the price, since I have my mind set on what I want. As long as it has wheels and I can hook it up to my truck, then I'm good.

CuckingFunt
04-17-2009, 01:16 PM
I'm just picturing Paula Dean selling a shit load of trailers while B2B is in the back jacking with her insulin.

I am, too. Now.

BacktoBasics
04-17-2009, 01:32 PM
I'm just in the market for it for the nostalgia feel of it. I've never owned a trailer, so I don't know what to look for. I'm not worrying about the price, since I have my mind set on what I want. As long as it has wheels and I can hook it up to my truck, then I'm good.If nostalgia is what you're after then its perfect for you.

There is a teardrop brand made by Thor. Should be a dealer in SA. If not there is one about 20 miles outside Corpus on 37.

I Love Me Some Me
04-17-2009, 02:19 PM
Maybe you'll get lucky and she'll get mugged on the way to the corner store.

Obstructed_View
04-17-2009, 03:14 PM
Considering the OP's track record of publicly blaming others for his own failures, I have a feeling she's more worried about doing her job while he's busy screwing off or posting on Spurstalk.

Mixability
04-17-2009, 03:18 PM
I just wish someone at his office would be working so I can get myself a trailer! Give me Paula Dean's contact info! I heard she has wicked deals! With an accent like that, how can you NOT trust her!

BacktoBasics
04-17-2009, 03:37 PM
Considering the OP's track record of publicly blaming others for his own failures, I have a feeling she's more worried about doing her job while he's busy screwing off or posting on Spurstalk.I blame others for my own failures? Where do you get this shit from?

Where have I posted my failures. Quote me? Where have I blamed others? Quote me.

I'm actually offended by what you said. Yeah yeah yeah I don't like people but I take responsibility for my own decisions and actions. I'm also making money in a tough market and am doing so rather successfully. I don't have a single competitor out selling me.

So explain my track record.

SpursWoman
04-17-2009, 03:42 PM
Yeah, perhaps knocking her teeth out wouldn't be the best career move in that case.

I was going more for the "Giving a Gummer" = :tu angle, but .... yeah, knocking them out if nature hadn't already taken care of them would probably not be a good idea. :spin

BacktoBasics
04-17-2009, 03:44 PM
Seriously come on back and tell me where I'm a failure and posted about it Come on back and quote me where I blamed someone else for a personal shortcoming.

spurs_fan_in_exile
04-17-2009, 03:45 PM
Fight fire with fire. Butter up the lady customers with a phoney Euro accent.

BacktoBasics
04-17-2009, 03:48 PM
Fight fire with fire. Butter up the lady customers with a phoney Euro accent.Now we're getting somewhere. Hairy chests and gold chains anyone?

desflood
04-17-2009, 03:49 PM
No thanks, Borat.

spurs_fan_in_exile
04-17-2009, 03:50 PM
Theeza trailer? Eeez niiiiccee.

Mixability
04-17-2009, 03:58 PM
Paula Dean > Borat

:lol

BacktoBasics
04-17-2009, 03:59 PM
Theeza trailer? Eeez niiiiccee.:lmao

Mixability
04-17-2009, 04:02 PM
anyways......

how much do those teardrop trailers run? are they still metal? its basically like a place to sleep in when you open it up right?

desflood
04-17-2009, 04:02 PM
Theeza trailer? Eeez niiiiccee.
You ass. I spit a mouthful of Coke Zero all over my plate. So much for those chips. Also, I can't stop giggling and all my kids are looking at me like I'm a f*cking nut.

BacktoBasics
04-17-2009, 04:04 PM
anyways......

how much do those teardrop trailers run? are they still metal? its basically like a place to sleep in when you open it up right?11k-14k real basic. Flip open stove top and most don't have toilets. Most are fiberglass.

Now if you're talking about the stainless steel bullet trailers those are the Airstreams. Way fucking overpriced. 40k range and totally worthless unless you're willing to restore an early 70's or 60's model.

Mixability
04-17-2009, 04:09 PM
11k-14k real basic. Flip open stove top and most don't have toilets. Most are fiberglass.

Now if you're talking about the stainless steel bullet trailers those are the Airstreams. Way fucking overpriced. 40k range and totally worthless unless you're willing to restore an early 70's or 60's model.

Yeah, I looked up the airstream. That's the one I pictured. Do you carry those?

CuckingFunt
04-17-2009, 04:15 PM

I assumed you were talking about one of these:

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/4115/622sundanceteardroptrai.jpg

Mixability
04-17-2009, 04:20 PM

Yup.

The new ones look alright. But I'd love to have an old school one. Ebay has a few, not as expensive as I thought. I might have to throw a bid out there.

BacktoBasics
04-17-2009, 04:22 PM

What CF posted is what I thought you originally meant.

http://i630.photobucket.com/albums/uu22/quipn/AirstreamResize1126.jpg

Thats an Airstream. They are way way way overpriced. 40k and up for a mid-size trailer. Total waste of money but still being touted as a collectors item even though they're not. If you really want one buy an older one and fix it up. They hold value. Not many dealerships are willing to carry them because of the ridiculous pricing. There's a dealer in SA I think.

Mixability
04-17-2009, 04:26 PM
ok, then whats the model/mfg of the one CF posted?

CuckingFunt
04-17-2009, 04:26 PM
ok, then whats the model/mfg of the one CF posted?

Sundance, according to the site where I found the image.

RandomGuy
04-18-2009, 08:44 AM

... or poison the guacamole.