PDA

View Full Version : Tiago Splitter

Sabatian
04-16-2009, 01:34 PM
Can anyone give me some info on Tiago's availability for next year? Or when the SPURS will likely try to bring him over?

I. Hustle
04-16-2009, 01:46 PM
From what I hear he will continue to suck donkey balls. I also heard that he doesn't want to leave because of how accepted he is over there as a gay man that loves to take it in the ass.

jrmp317
04-16-2009, 01:47 PM
From what I hear he will continue to suck donkey balls. I also heard that he doesn't want to leave because of how accepted he is over there as a gay man that loves to take it in the ass.

good for him

samikeyp
04-16-2009, 01:48 PM
If he wants to make some money and not have to work for it then he is good where he is.

SanAntonioSpurs23
04-16-2009, 01:52 PM
He's not coming........ EVER

Marcus Bryant
04-16-2009, 02:35 PM
Under contract, then available in the summer of 2010.

Thomas82
04-16-2009, 02:37 PM
He's not coming........ EVER

I have accepted that as well.

zepn
04-16-2009, 03:02 PM
Until we trade him to the Rockets...

Dingle Barry
04-16-2009, 03:13 PM
Until we trade him to the Rockets...
That's a bit passe. I'm feeling the Mavs this go round. For some third rounders.

Viva Las Espuelas
04-16-2009, 03:17 PM
screw that damn brasilian. brasilian's are worthless, whiny babies. all spoken from personal experiences.

MoSpur
04-16-2009, 03:19 PM
I actually think he might be convinced to come over this next season. What else does he have to accomplish over there?

E20
04-16-2009, 03:19 PM
Most likely he will be the next Scola.

Marcus Bryant
04-16-2009, 03:26 PM
I actually think he might be convinced to come over this next season. What else does he have to accomplish over there?

His buyout may be 3x his rookie scale salary next year, if he even has one this summer.

urunobili
04-16-2009, 03:43 PM

SenorSpur
04-16-2009, 04:04 PM
Don't ever hold your breath. Spurs would be better served to plan as though he's never coming here.

samikeyp
04-16-2009, 04:06 PM
don't ever hold your breath. Spurs would be better served to plan as though he's never coming here.

+1

Kill_Bill_Pana
04-16-2009, 04:12 PM

Euroleague MVP, Euroleague final four MVP, Euroleague championship, Spanish league MVP, Spanish league finals MVP, Spanish Cup MVP.........he has not accomplish any of these yet so he has plenty to still try to accomplish if he wants.

completely deck
04-16-2009, 04:14 PM
fuck splitter

Mark in Austin
04-16-2009, 04:15 PM

Actually, it's worse than with Scola. Scola was a 2nd round pick, so the rookie wage scale didn't apply to him. Splitter is a 1st round pick, so to come to the NBA he'll have to take 1/3 of what Scola makes per year on his contract. (And Scola's contract is less than Splitter's current deal with Tau if I remember correctly.)

I would be shocked to see Splitter in the NBA at this point.

samikeyp
04-16-2009, 04:17 PM
His loss. If he doesn't want to compete for a championship at the highest level of professional basketball, so be it.

Kill_Bill_Pana
04-16-2009, 04:20 PM
His buyout may be 3x his rookie scale salary next year, if he even has one this summer.

I think after next season is his buyout amount will still be €2.8 millions euros. So this means he would need about $7.5 millions gross NBA contract just to equal buyout amount. I think this is still much more than his entire worth of rookie scale contract maybe double even.

spursfan1000
04-16-2009, 04:45 PM
Tiago Splitter? is he like a good player over seas or something?

Jace
04-16-2009, 04:50 PM
Is his contract higher than the average NBA salary? Sure he would take a short term hit for the rookie contract but once that ran out he would probably get a big pay increase I'd like to point out that the Spurs really need to throw their weight behind this issue in terms of rookie salary caps and 500k max towards buyouts

Kill_Bill_Pana
04-16-2009, 05:02 PM
Is his contract higher than the average NBA salary? Sure he would take a short term hit for the rookie contract but once that ran out he would probably get a big pay increase I'd like to point out that the Spurs really need to throw their weight behind this issue in terms of rookie salary caps and 500k max towards buyouts

Short term hit? Buyout is like double what his NBA salary would be. How can he pay this?

yavozerb
04-16-2009, 05:06 PM
I remember seeing 2010 as the earliest possible period for splitter to elect to come to the spurs. No, his buyout is not 7.5 mil....

Kill_Bill_Pana
04-16-2009, 05:47 PM
I remember seeing 2010 as the earliest possible period for splitter to elect to come to the spurs. No, his buyout is not 7.5 mil....

Read better please. His buyout is 2.8 millions euros and is net amount. This means he would need $7.5 million dollars gross NBA contract just to equal buyout. That is how much salary he need from NBA to cover buyout. Spurs would not pay his buyout he would have to pay it. Use your brain better.

yavozerb
04-16-2009, 06:18 PM
KBP, please post where you found an actual # for his buyout...All I have found are articles indicating: "Splitter's deal gives him the option to sign with an NBA team after the 2009-10 season, but includes a provision requiring the team to pay an unspecified amount to Tau Ceramica to buy out the remainder of the deal if he exercises the option." This is from SAE.

Jace
04-16-2009, 07:00 PM
Read better please. His buyout is 2.8 millions euros and is net amount. This means he would need $7.5 million dollars gross NBA contract just to equal buyout. That is how much salary he need from NBA to cover buyout. Spurs would not pay his buyout he would have to pay it. Use your brain better.

Where does the 7.5 million figure come in? He takes the buyout, Spurs can contribute 500k so he pays 2.3 million.. Assume he averages 3 million Euro or 4 million US over 10 years and in that time he makes 40 million US after taxes Say he comes over to the US, his buyout or 2.3 million and his 3 year rookie salary basically cross one another out. So he has 7 years left on the 10 year scale, if he makes 9 million/year for those 7 years he comes out ahead(ut just barely) Bogut signed an extension for 12 million/year with 12 million in bonuses Obviously this is extremely rough math considering I don't know the top salaries in Europe(thus my estimate for his potential earnings may be way off) and I don't know how good he can be here with the Spurs(again could cause a drastic difference between estimated and actual earnings) So help make my estimates more accurate, how much potential does Splitter have in the US and how much do the top Euroleague players make? It seems the decision comes down to confidence, if he believes he has what it takes to make it big in the NBA then he would be crazy to turn down a potential 10 million increase in career earnings with the difference between his NBA/Euro earnings growing fast with each additional year he plays in the NBA. The quicker he gets to the NBA the more potential money he can make, by waiting 2 years(so far) he is losing a lot of prime earning years in the NBA If his agent was good, Splitter would have bought himself out(via a loan if necessary) to get into the NBA as soon as possible(unless he needed every dime to pay for his sisters healthcare) Edit- For the record I included paragraphs but the site is putting it into one big block of text

Kill_Bill_Pana
04-16-2009, 07:50 PM
WTF is wrong with some of you Americans? His buyout is MORE than his NBA contract would be and HE have to pay it. Spurs cannot pay it. He cannot pay buyout when it is double what he will make.

If TAU let him out of contract he can come. But he cannot pay buyout amount that is crazy talk.

Thompson
04-16-2009, 07:57 PM
If he actually signed a contract with a massive buyout like that, to hell with him. He'll probably be whining in a few years that the Spurs are 'keeping him prisoner' like that dumbass Scola.

Spurs Brazil
04-16-2009, 07:59 PM
WTF is wrong with some of you Americans? His buyout is MORE than his NBA contract would be and HE have to pay it. Spurs cannot pay it. He cannot pay buyout when it is double what he will make.

If TAU let him out of contract he can come. But he cannot pay buyout amount that is crazy talk.

You LIE again.

He has a option in 2010 to go to the NBA and for a buyout he can pay, nothing close to the money you're saying.

But he may go to Greece for $73 mi 2 year deal

Kill_Bill_Pana
04-16-2009, 08:00 PM
If he actually signed a contract with a massive buyout like that, to hell with him. He'll probably be whining in a few years that the Spurs are 'keeping him prisoner' like that dumbass Scola.

It is not massive buyout. This is small buyout for Spain even.

Kill_Bill_Pana
04-16-2009, 08:01 PM
You LIE again.

He has a option in 2010 to go to the NBA and for a buyout he can pay, nothing close to the money you're saying.

But he may go to Greece for $73 mi 2 year deal

He have to pay the last 2 years of his contract if he decide leave you fucking IDIOT. Just like Scola's contract. Every time you posts it is something even more retarded.

Spurs Brazil
04-16-2009, 08:06 PM
He have to pay the last 2 years of his contract if he decide leave you fucking IDIOT. Just like Scola's contract. Every time you posts it is something even more retarded.

I have links to Brazil press that his buyout is $1 mi in 2010 but I'll not post the link for you because you're a moron

Obstructed_View
04-16-2009, 09:13 PM
These Eruo guys have mental problems, all that goverment pampering!

http://nbcsportsmedia1.msnbc.com/j/getty/gyi0051995888.h2.jpg

Obstructed_View
04-16-2009, 09:21 PM
Remember Manu is from S America and TP was in the US at 19 where Pops called him soft and whipped him into shape over several years.

I know where Manu is from. He played pro ball in Italy.

Pops Mensah-Bonsu called Tony Parker soft?

SouthTexasRancher
04-16-2009, 09:33 PM
He snubbed Pop & RC and chose money over Championship team ball. He'll never wear the Silver & Black unless the Raiders sign him as their water boy. Screw Tiago.