PDA

View Full Version : Shaq Could Be Dealt To Hornets For Chandler

Tacker
04-16-2009, 04:05 PM
Apr 16, 2009 11:12 AM EST

According to a report from the New York Daily News, Shaquille O'Neal believes he's going to New Orleans in a deal for Tyson Chandler.

The Hornets traded Chandler to the Oklahoma City Thunder ahead of the deadline, only to later have it be rescinded. New Orleans still appears motivated to deal Chandler and would like Shaq's expiring contract.

stretch
04-16-2009, 04:07 PM
shut up and give me my $50

Tacker
04-16-2009, 04:08 PM
shut up and give me my $50

You owe me $50 ass hat.

spursfan1000
04-16-2009, 05:05 PM
I guess if this is a true report it would be good for both teams.

mavs>spurs2
04-16-2009, 05:08 PM
I would hate to see that deal go down. I still think even in his old age, Shaq and Dirk would make a good combo. Dominant low post scorer, dominant high post scorer, both good passers. I got my hopes up when Shaq started contacting Cuban.

xtremesteven33
04-16-2009, 05:12 PM
Shaq
West
Peja
Posey
CP3

Damn.

Nash2TimeMVp
04-16-2009, 05:12 PM
Hopefully, Shaq is washed up and just fucking everything up.

mavs>spurs2
04-16-2009, 05:13 PM
DuncanownsKobe would like to have a word with you..:lol

lurker
04-16-2009, 05:14 PM
Shaq said he's not going anywhere. Who knows.

Chris
04-16-2009, 05:15 PM
Just in time to fuck up the locker room chemistry for the Hornets as they had into the playoffs! :lol

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-16-2009, 05:21 PM

You're a fuckin idiot I hate fans like you eat shit and die Shaq isn't fucking anything up. The Suns are 2-5 in the 7 games Shaq hasn't played this year.....jesus you're right Shaq is the huge fuck up on that team. I'm sure the Suns sole victory over LA this year came when Shaq was injured and Nash was healthy so Shaq wasn't getting in his way........oh wait.......the exact opposite happened......their sole victory against LA came when Nash was injured and Shaq was healthy so Hill was the primary ball handler and didn't make an effort to keep the ball out of Shaq's hands.

Fuck you bandwagon homos that didn't watch basketball prior to 2004 and think you know everything about basketball.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-16-2009, 05:27 PM
I can't really blame all the Nash loving Shaq haters.......a 4 time champion who has taken 3 different teams to the finals like Nash is perfectly justified keeping the ball out of Shaq's hands considering Shaq is the one who's never been to the finals.

Shaq should just get in line and let Nash, the player who's won 4 championships, be the star of the team.

Nash2TimeMVp
04-16-2009, 05:30 PM
You're a fuckin idiot I hate fans like you eat shit and die Shaq isn't fucking anything up. The Suns are 2-5 in the 7 games Shaq hasn't played this year.....jesus you're right Shaq is the huge fuck up on that team. I'm sure the Suns sole victory over LA this year came when Shaq was injured and Nash was healthy so Shaq wasn't getting in his way........oh wait.......the exact opposite happened......their sole victory against LA came when Nash was injured and Shaq was healthy so Hill was the primary ball handler and didn't make an effort to keep the ball out of Shaq's hands.

Fuck you bandwagon homos that didn't watch basketball prior to 2004 and think you know everything about basketball.
Watch you shit filled mouth sperm fan. Shaq is old greased up and washed up. He averafged 18 and 9 and because of his disptrutance we are not in the PO's. i'd rather be in contention then play half court basketball. nash is what made teh suns they are today. so fuck off.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-16-2009, 05:45 PM
Watch you shit filled mouth sperm fan. Shaq is old greased up and washed up. He averafged 18 and 9 and because of his disptrutance we are not in the PO's. i'd rather be in contention then play half court basketball. nash is what made teh suns they are today. so fuck off.

Fuck you you Nash T-bagging piece of shit. Why is it that he was a big distraction and cancer but the Suns were 2-5 when he didn't play? If the Suns are so fuckin awesome without Shaq, why weren't they 7-0 in the games he didn't play.

That little Canadian fairy said after the Suns were 11-5 that he wasn't having enough "fun", and then it went to shit. Porter was winning games with Shaq and Amare as the featured part of the offense and Nash playing a lesser role, but the Canadian Cancer's ego couldn't handle that so he had to bitch about not playing the way he wanted to.

And you bandwagon 2004 fans really piss me off with comments like, "Nash made the Suns." I know you didn't watch them but believe it or not the Suns existed before Nash came along. I've been a Suns fan my whole life, don't try to tell me who/what "made" the Suns when you've only been cheering for them for 5 years.

fevertrees
04-16-2009, 05:47 PM
Shaq
West
Peja
Posey
CP3

Damn.

Kill_Bill_Pana
04-16-2009, 05:50 PM
Shaq will play with Paul? He is never happy with Penny, Kobe, Wade and now Nash because he feel they get "credit". Why will he accept same with Paul?

sonic21
04-16-2009, 05:51 PM
nash2time must be a BUMP troll

JamStone
04-16-2009, 05:51 PM
Why let a player that has 4 championships lead your team when you can sign a guy like Bill Russell who has 11.

Nash2TimeMVp
04-16-2009, 05:54 PM
Fuck you you Nash T-bagging piece of shit. Why is it that he was a big distraction and cancer but the Suns were 2-5 when he didn't play? If the Suns are so fuckin awesome without Shaq, why weren't they 7-0 in the games he didn't play.

That little Canadian fairy said after the Suns were 11-5 that he wasn't having enough "fun", and then it went to shit. Porter was winning games with Shaq and Amare as the featured part of the offense and Nash playing a lesser role, but the Canadian Cancer's ego couldn't handle that so he had to bitch about not playing the way he wanted to.

And you bandwagon 2004 fans really piss me off with comments like, "Nash made the Suns." I know you didn't watch them but believe it or not the Suns existed before Nash came along. I've been a Suns fan my whole life, don't try to tell me who/what "made" the Suns when you've only been cheering for them for 5 years.
Nash did make the suns. just face it.

Nash 2 MVps
Shaq: 1
Nash >> Shaq

nash is obviously the MORE VALUALBLE PLAYER (MVP) than shaq

Xylus
04-16-2009, 06:05 PM
The only thing I worry about with Shaq is his monstrous contact ($20 mil) and his age. He proved the haters wrong this year by staying completely healthy this season and consistely performing at a high level. He's a 37-year-old that plays like a 32-year-old. Age can catch up with a player quickly, though, and there's no telling how long he'll play at such a high level.

I've been pleasantly surprised with Shaq's attitude this season despite being on a lottery team. He gets on well with teammates, has been a positive influence on all of our bench players, and has been all smiles almost all season. I'd hate to see him go.

I don't know much about Tyson Chandler's locker room presence, but he'd no doubt be a great fit with Stoudemire as a shot-blocking center who doesn't demand a lot of touches. Amare would be happy with an increased offensive load. Plus, we get younger. Conversely, if we get rid of Amare, Shaq has to stay here in Phoenix.

A lot of pros and cons to weigh here. It really depends on what Kerr and Sarver's plans are for Amare and Nash. If we get rid of Shaq, I would think it's obvious that we have to keep Amare since we have so little depth at the 4 and 5 spots.

mytespurs
04-16-2009, 06:07 PM
Eww....that doesn't sound like a great trade for NO.....doesn't David West, when healthy, have more to offer than Shaq?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-16-2009, 06:11 PM
Xylus, here's why I don't buy the Chandler rumors. He and Amare don't like each other at all. Otherwise it would be a perfect fit if he could develop a mid range jumper so Amare doesn't accuse him of clogging the paint. The biggest concern is Amare vs. Marion part two.

Xylus
04-16-2009, 06:16 PM
Xylus, here's why I don't buy the Chandler rumors. He and Amare don't like each other at all. Otherwise it would be a perfect fit if he could develop a mid range jumper so Amare doesn't accuse him of clogging the paint. The biggest concern is Amare vs. Marion part two.

Why do people keep saying that Chandler and Amare don't like each other? Fill me in, because I'm ignorant on this subject.

Man, Amare's injury really came at a lousy time. Now he doesn't have much trade value and we're pretty much forced to keep him. If we trade him midseason next season, we'll be in the same boat we've been in the last two seasons where we experience a major change near the all-star break. First it was Marion for Shaq, then Porter for Gentry (and Diaw/Bell for JRich/Dudley).

Nash2TimeMVp
04-16-2009, 06:18 PM
Chandler would be great IMO. Another person to catch Nash's lobs. We could go back to running some more fluid offense. Chandler is better than Marion, can play Defense, knows his role offensivley, is not a ball hog, can play a 2nd offensive option to another big like he does with david west, and he can guard and contain Duncan. Chandler would be a godsend.

mojorizen7
04-16-2009, 06:20 PM
All-4-it.
Put our S&C staff to work on T.Chandlers toe(LOL) and witness a monster reborn:toast.
If Kerr could get this deal done w/out losing picks or any of our promising youngins' i'd be pleasantly shocked.
Chandler/Amare/Hill up front could be ok but Chandler/Amare/Artest would be savage.

mojorizen7
04-16-2009, 06:22 PM
If this deal were to go down, all that'd be left to do is trade Nashy.

SpursDynasty
04-16-2009, 06:25 PM
BRHornet what are your thoughts son

BRHornet45
04-16-2009, 06:26 PM
LOL this shit won't happen sons .... I would take Chandler over Shaq at this point. Shaq would simply be a one year deal.

Xylus
04-16-2009, 06:26 PM
Why would you take Chandler over Shaq?

BRHornet45
04-16-2009, 06:28 PM
sons it seems every few weeks a new "rumor" about Shaq going to another team comes out .... first it was L.A. (which the NBA is CLEARLY pushing hard for by GIVING him and Kobe the co-MVP at the All Star game) .... then it was Dallas ..... now New Orleans .... next it will be "Shaq is returning to Orlando where it ALL started! He will be teaming up with Howard to be the new twin towers!!!"

BRHornet45
04-16-2009, 06:30 PM

son I will take a 26 year old athletic big man over the 38 year old Shaq. I am not interested in acquiring him for ONE year only and that is all it would be. I would rather keep Paul, West, and Chandler together for long term.

Xylus
04-16-2009, 06:32 PM
son I will take a 26 year old athletic big man over the 38 year old Shaq. I am not interested in acquiring him for ONE year only and that is all it would be. I would rather keep Paul, West, and Chandler together for long term.

But your team tried to get rid of Chandler already, so what makes you think they have any plans to keep him long-term? I imagine they're going to trade him this off-season, anyway, so you might as well get a Diesel in return.

Pelicans78
If the Suns would take Peja along with TC, I would do it. Heck we could give them a first round pick too.

DUNCANownsKOBE2

I'm wondering that myself.

BR - You've been talking about how Paul and West can't do everything by themselves, well, this trade solves that problem. Shaq gives them a half-court offense other than the pick and roll. Assuming they keep Posey, Shaq makes him a more useful player. They played together in Miami and Posey played off him extremely well.

I think this trade hurts Phoenix (unpopular view but an honest view), but it would be great for NO.

Nash2TimeMVp
04-16-2009, 06:33 PM
If this deal were to go down, all that'd be left to do is trade Nashy.
Trade him for who? Nash and Chandler would go great together and Nash knows the suns. so why mess that up.

BRHornet45
04-16-2009, 06:34 PM
If the Suns would take Peja along with TC, I would do it. Heck we could give them a first round pick too.

that would be the ONLY way I would do it ...

BRHornet45
04-16-2009, 06:35 PM
But your team tried to get rid of Chandler already, so what makes you think they have any plans to keep him long-term? I imagine they're going to trade him this off-season, anyway, so you might as well get a Diesel in return.

Shinn has even admitted recently that they are going to try and keep Chandler. who knows though. we shall see

Budkin
It's time for Shaq to retire... please.

mojorizen7

^Put this guy in charge of NO basketball operations immediately.

Xylus
04-16-2009, 06:36 PM
It's time for Shaq to retire... please.

Why? He's been entertaining as hell this year, and put up great numbers.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
Why do people keep saying that Chandler and Amare don't like each other? Fill me in, because I'm ignorant on this subject.

A few years ago they got in each other's face and almost started throwing punches. Chandler was playing borderline dirty defense and Amare didn't like that.

BRHornet45

BR - You've been talking about how Paul and West can't do everything by themselves, well, this trade solves that problem. Shaq gives them a half-court offense other than the pick and roll. Assuming they keep Posey, Shaq makes him a more useful player. They played together in Miami and Posey played off him extremely well.

I think this trade hurts Phoenix (unpopular view but an honest view), but it would be great for NO.

Chandler had a fluke injury this season which cost us at least an additional 7-8 wins. I would rather keep Chandler instead of renting Shaq for ONE year. however, I would be for the trade if Phoenix would take Peja as part of the deal.

DUNCANownsKOBE2

We don't want Peja.

Pelicans78
04-16-2009, 06:37 PM

We would clear 25 million in cap room after next season for the 2010 FA class.

BRHornet45
04-16-2009, 06:37 PM
We don't want Peja.

son I don't blame you ... no one wants that washed up eurotrash

mojorizen7
04-16-2009, 06:38 PM
We don't want Peja.

We want a #1 pick.

Pelicans78
04-16-2009, 06:40 PM
We don't want Peja.

He's a perfect fit in Phoenix. Your medical staff would keep him healthy and is a great shooter in transition. He struggles in a half-court setting. However, get a fast break going he seems to never miss.

mojorizen7
04-16-2009, 06:40 PM
Peja's got 3 yrs left at $12 mill?? Uh nvrmind.

BRHornet45
04-16-2009, 06:41 PM
We want a #1 pick.

son you take Peja and we would also throw in the deal that would include a private balcony on Bourbon during Mardi Gras, all the free hand grenades you want, and 4 strippers from the Hustler club. deal ?

BRHornet45
04-16-2009, 06:41 PM

false ... 2 years

Pelicans78
04-16-2009, 06:42 PM
Peja is at his best on an open court team like the Kings were and how the Suns are now. The Hornets are one of the slowest pace teams in the league this season. Peja's at his worst in a half-court game. An up-tempo team like the Suns would greatly benefit Peja. He shoots better on movement than in a set shot.

Pelicans78
04-16-2009, 06:43 PM

Just two years left. His contract would expire at the same time as Chandler's.

Xylus
04-16-2009, 06:43 PM
Chandler, Peja, and a first round pick for Shaq?

Done deal.

BRHornet45
04-16-2009, 06:44 PM
Just two years left. His contract would expire at the same time as Chandler's.

LOL son it makes me sick looking at the numbers left on Peja's contract ....

2009/10: $14,202,000

2010/11: $15,336,000

my god ... that trash isn't worth a fourth of what he is making.

Xylus
04-16-2009, 06:45 PM

LOL.

Fuck that, I wouldn't touch Peja then. Those are outrageous numbers.

mojorizen7
04-16-2009, 06:46 PM
Shaq for T.Chandler/Mo Peterson/'2010 #1.:lol

mojorizen7
04-16-2009, 06:47 PM
son you take Peja and we would also throw in the deal that would include a private balcony on Bourbon during Mardi Gras, all the free hand grenades you want, and 4 strippers from the Hustler club. deal ?

I'd pick up the phone.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-16-2009, 06:50 PM
He's a perfect fit in Phoenix. Your medical staff would keep him healthy and is a great shooter in transition. He struggles in a half-court setting. However, get a fast break going he seems to never miss.

They have a great medical staff but being a great medical staff and being able to keep Peja healthy are two completely different things.

Xylus
04-16-2009, 06:51 PM
They have a great medical staff but being a great medical staff and being able to keep Peja healthy are two completely different things.

Isn't that what they said about Grant Hill? :lol

Dude just played 82 games! Great achievement at his age.

mojorizen7
04-16-2009, 06:57 PM
Trade him for who? Nash and Chandler would go great together and Nash knows the suns. so why mess that up.
Call Portland,Toronto,G.S.,NY and offer Nash for a future first and a younger guard that can guard a chair.
It's time for the Nash era to be over.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-16-2009, 06:58 PM

yeah I just checked and Peja was healthy last year.....they could probably keep him healthy I'm just sick of players who don't played defense.

Pelicans78
04-16-2009, 06:59 PM
I think it would be a good trade for both teams.

For the Hornets, CP3 is still very young. This current group is getting older by the minute. A trade like this would allow us to rebuild around CP3 with a new group of guys.

For the Suns, Nash is 35. He doesn't have many years left. Chandler and Peja have two years left on their contract and would provide two more weapons around him and Amare. I'm telling you, if Peja can stay healthy which he might in a place like Phoenix, he would be lights out with Gentry and Nash running the offense. Peja hates to sit in the corner on a half-court team and watch West and CP3 control the offense. He would be much better running in transition and getting wide open looks. The suns style of play would provide that. Plus, Chandler would be an anchor defensively with his rebounding and shot blocking and get easy dunks since he runs the floor very well. Throw in a 1st round pick, this would be a nice deal for Nash and the guys.

mojorizen7
04-16-2009, 06:59 PM

It was very impressive, and Hill had a good year. Its not like he limped around for 82 games. He was prob our best defender and was fairly consistent offensively.

mojorizen7
04-16-2009, 07:00 PM
yeah i just checked and peja was healthy last year.....they could probably keep him healthy i'm just sick of players who don't played defense.

+123455626

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-16-2009, 07:01 PM
W/o Grant this year the Suns would have won 30-35 games.

JMarkJohns
04-16-2009, 07:22 PM

It goes back to high school, at the Nike Hoops camp. Amare was a little-known journeyman prospect entering his junior year while Tyson Chandler was the highly-touted, can't-miss "senior" prospect all the scouts arrived to see. Not sure the name of the event, but it was supposed to be Chandler's weekend. Instead, Amare showed up, dropped 30+ on Chandler and got all the scouts talking. He stole Chandler's thunder. It was Amare's first ever AAU tourney and he was named MVP.

lefty
04-16-2009, 07:22 PM
Nash did make the suns. just face it.

Nash 2 MVps
Shaq: 1
Nash >> Shaq

nash is obviously the MORE VALUALBLE PLAYER (MVP) than shaq

True

Eh

Laker-fan-in-SanAnto
04-16-2009, 07:31 PM
IMO hes going to Dallas, but who knows!
http://i735.photobucket.com/albums/ww359/carlos12806/DIRKSHAQ.jpg?t=1239928268

lil_penny
04-16-2009, 07:34 PM
BRHornet what are your thoughts son

:lmao

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-16-2009, 07:37 PM
I hope he goes to a team with fans that will appreciate him. It's disgusting how he's being blamed for everything.

mojorizen7
04-16-2009, 08:02 PM
I hope he goes to a team with fans that will appreciate him. It's disgusting how he's being blamed for everything.

No doubt.
Yet Nash gets a free pass because he's the face of a franchise that hasn't won shit.
Don't get me wrong, Nash is a fantastic guy,a future HOF'r and all that.....but the fact is:
Shaq improved his game this year while Nash's game showed a significant decline.
Both guys probably need to go but to for SUNS fans(or anyone else) to say that Shaq didn't get it done here is garbage.

Ghazi
04-16-2009, 08:10 PM
Why would the Suns want an injury prone scrub like Chandler?

Chandler has no future in this league. He's better fit for the Idaho Stampede IMO.

It adds salary, Phoenix just needs to blow it the fuck up and start from scratch.

And DOK is an idiot.

Pelicans78
04-16-2009, 08:11 PM
No doubt.
Yet Nash gets a free pass because he's the face of a franchise that hasn't won shit.
Don't get me wrong, Nash is a fantastic guy,a future HOF'r and all that.....but the fact is:
Shaq improved his game this year while Nash's game showed a significant decline.
Both guys probably need to go but to for SUNS fans(or anyone else) to say that Shaq didn't get it done here is garbage.

I agree. I thought Shaq played very well even though i stated his career has come full circle and he needs to retire. But with one year left on his contract, he may be a better fit on the Hornets since they don't like to run it at all and West and Shaq could complement each other. Plus, we could start Julian Wright at SF who can slash to the basket if Shaq is doubled and bring Posey off the bench.

Chandler and Peja would thrive in an uptempo style of play because they don't succeed well offensively in a half-court game. With Nash pushing the ball, Peja will get more open looks and Chandler can use his athleticism to outrun most centers and get easy dunks.

cobbler
04-16-2009, 08:52 PM
Shaq and Nash are both done. Its like arguing over which turd stinks more. The St. Benard's or the Chihuahua's?

Phoenix would be silly to trade Shaq at this point. He can produce just wnough to warrant the 20 mil expiring at the end of the year. They need to rebuild and Chandler is not a player you rebuild around. Without CP3 Chandler has been a bust.

cobbler
04-16-2009, 08:54 PM
No doubt.

Shaq was the leder of a team that didn't make the playoffs. That he played better than his previous year where he quit on his team means nothing.

As the leader of the team that is already fishing.... HE DIDNT GET IT DONE! If you are going to take all the accolades and say it's YOUR team when your winning... you also take the shit when you lose.

Pelicans78
04-16-2009, 09:00 PM
Shaq and Nash are both done. Its like arguing over which turd stinks more. The St. Benard's or the Chihuahua's?

Phoenix would be silly to trade Shaq at this point. He can produce just wnough to warrant the 20 mil expiring at the end of the year. They need to rebuild and Chandler is not a player you rebuild around. Without CP3 Chandler has been a bust.

They wouldn't be rebuilding around Chandler. He would basically join Nash and Amare. Chandler only has two years left on his contract. After the two years, they would get significant cap release assuming Nash retires at that point.

Biggems
04-16-2009, 09:02 PM
LOL this shit won't happen sons .... I would take Chandler over Shaq at this point. Shaq would simply be a one year deal.

exactly, so take Shaq.....get the money off the books in time for the 2010 FA class.....besides, even though Chandler is younger and has more years to offer, the dude cant stay healthy. He is always ending up in street clothes.

Laker-fan-in-SanAnto
04-16-2009, 09:04 PM

I got sick by just looking at pics of people throwing up!! He must be the most overpaid active Serbian player in the NBA .http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g66/malibudon18/white_hot_fat_girl_throwing_up.jpg

Pelicans78
04-16-2009, 09:12 PM
exactly, so take Shaq.....get the money off the books in time for the 2010 FA class.....besides, even though Chandler is younger and has more years to offer, the dude cant stay healthy. He is always ending up in street clothes.

It can't be Shaq-Chandler straight up. We would have to throw in a few more pieces. They would have to take either Posey or Peja by themselves with a 1st round pick or Wright/Butler/Armstrong.

Jeremy
04-16-2009, 09:30 PM
Chandler and Daniels for Shaq works. That would probably be the best Kerr could do...we know he sure doesn't drive a hard bargain...

Biggems
04-16-2009, 09:32 PM
It can't be Shaq-Chandler straight up. We would have to throw in a few more pieces. They would have to take either Posey or Peja by themselves with a 1st round pick or Wright/Butler/Armstrong.

well i know it would cost more than just Chandler....cause of the size of Shaqs contract...I was merely discussing the Center position....

I am sure u would be quite happy if u could get Peja off the books. Chandler, Peja, and a conditional 1st could be enough to get Shaq. I guess he can change his name to the Big Eazy.....at least for that year and then retire.

You guys go into 2010 with a load of cap room.

Pelicans78
04-16-2009, 09:39 PM
well i know it would cost more than just Chandler....cause of the size of Shaqs contract...I was merely discussing the Center position....

I am sure u would be quite happy if u could get Peja off the books. Chandler, Peja, and a conditional 1st could be enough to get Shaq. I guess he can change his name to the Big Eazy.....at least for that year and then retire.

You guys go into 2010 with a load of cap room.

That's exactly what I want. The question for Phoenix is whether they want to let Shaq and Nash's contracts expire and build around Amare in 2010.

Biggems
04-16-2009, 09:48 PM
That's exactly what I want. The question for Phoenix is whether they want to let Shaq and Nash's contracts expire and build around Amare in 2010.

I would never build anything around Amare Stupidmire. But I do feel that they need to rid themselves of Nash....not because he isn't any good anymore, but because he is pretty old. I think Nash should go to the Knicks and finish his career with D'Antoni.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-16-2009, 11:04 PM
And DOK is an idiot.

Coming from you that's a compliment.

ducks
04-16-2009, 11:05 PM
dumping chandler for nothing is not greater then getting shaq for him

Donkeybong
04-16-2009, 11:43 PM
shaq was the best center in the west this year.

Spursmania
04-17-2009, 12:39 AM

Yep, wherever he goes, his contract will place a heavy burden on the team and he'll probably end up fucking up that franchise too.:lol

Sean Higgins
04-17-2009, 12:40 AM
so its the hornets and not team usa?

Bob Lanier
04-17-2009, 01:43 AM
I don't know much about Tyson Chandler's locker room presence, but he'd no doubt be a great fit with Stoudemire as a shot-blocking center
But he isn't a shot-blocking center. He's a dominant rebounder and a decent post defender and that's about it.

KSeal
04-17-2009, 03:44 AM
Shaq is a whore, dude will end up playing for every NBA team before he retires. One day he's going to Cleveland, then Dallas, now NO. It will never end.

ehz33satx
04-17-2009, 12:18 PM

Good to see that the Phoenix school system did not fail you! :rolleyes

Strike
04-17-2009, 12:29 PM
Call Portland,Toronto,G.S.,NY and offer Nash for a future first and a younger guard that can guard a chair.
It's time for the Nash era to be over.

The Nash era should have ended with the D'Antoni era.

Strike
04-17-2009, 12:30 PM
I would never build anything around Amare Stupidmire. But I do feel that they need to rid themselves of Nash....not because he isn't any good anymore, but because he is pretty old. I think Nash should go to the Knicks and finish his career with D'Antoni.

Or maybe he could go back to Dallas in a trade for Josh Howard!!! :lol

Make it happen, Cuban!:hat

Strike
04-17-2009, 12:38 PM
Shaq was the leder of a team that didn't make the playoffs. That he played better than his previous year where he quit on his team means nothing.

As the leader of the team that is already fishing.... HE DIDNT GET IT DONE! If you are going to take all the accolades and say it's YOUR team when your winning... you also take the shit when you lose.

You're speaking a language that Snaq can't understand. You, as a Laker fan should already know that.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-17-2009, 03:23 PM

The Nash era should have ended after the Suns failed to get Kevin Garnett in 2007. The only way Nash will ever win a title is with the best help defender in the NBA, once the Suns knew they weren't getting him, it was time to blow up.

layupdrill
04-18-2009, 08:25 AM
This deal makes sense for both sides for different reasons.

21_Blessings
04-18-2009, 09:51 AM
shaq was the best center in the west this year.

And led his team straight to the lottery.

redzero
04-18-2009, 09:53 AM
I really want Dirk. Paul-Nowitzki would be unstoppable.

Pelicans78
04-18-2009, 11:00 AM
And led his team straight to the lottery.

Yao put up better numbers.

Pelicans78
04-18-2009, 11:01 AM
I really want Dirk. Paul-Nowitzki would be unstoppable.

Would Dirk play Center or West would be gone?

redzero
04-18-2009, 11:10 AM
Would Dirk play Center or West would be gone?

We would have to give up something. I don't think West would be able to keep West AND get Dirk.

21_Blessings
04-18-2009, 11:47 AM

It basically did. System player.

NBAdime
04-18-2009, 03:44 PM
This trade is not happening.

NIH
04-18-2009, 04:11 PM
it's retarded that this thread has gone on for four pages, Phoenix has no incentive to do this deal. none.

YellowFever
04-18-2009, 10:36 PM
My two cents worth:

It's pretty obvious that Shaq enjoys being the focal point of the offense no matter what he says.

The reason why Shaq was a bad idea for Phoenix is:

1) He's getting old. Pretty obvious reason here. All tha extra weight he's carrying around isn't helping. The source of his dominance in his younger days are now actually hindering him.

2) (and more important) Shaq does not know how to play in a system where your point guard is dominant and has the ball for most of the time. Shaq will flourish (well, he used to anyways) in a system with a strong shooting guard that he can pick and roll with or just have someone dump the ball to him and watch him back down whoever guards him and if he's doubled, have the SG dive to the basket for one of Shaq's passes.

Pho had a PG who has the ball most of the time and so does NO.

I think this will be a disaster for NO if it happens.