PDA

View Full Version : Round 1: Celtics- Bulls

j-money24
04-16-2009, 10:57 PM
My guts tells me the Bulls will take the series in 7.
i really think the Bulls will upset the Celtics.
Go BULLS!!

lil_penny
04-16-2009, 11:06 PM
Go Bulls!!!! without garnett and the way the bulls are playing,,, anyyyythhiiiiinnnggg is poossssiiibbblllee!!

lefty
04-16-2009, 11:09 PM
Go Bulls

Get their asses out

DA BULLS
04-16-2009, 11:11 PM
My guts tells me the Bulls will take the series in 7.
i really think the Bulls will upset the Celtics.
Go BULLS!!

:toast

JoeTait75
04-16-2009, 11:20 PM
Bulls are gonna give 'em a tussle. But there's no way they'd take a Game 7 in Boston. Pierce would win that game come hell or high water.

If they're going to do it, it'll be in six.

duncan228
04-16-2009, 11:22 PM
No. 2 BOSTON CELTICS (62-20) vs. No. 7 CHICAGO BULLS (41-41) (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-playoffpreviewcapsules&prov=ap&type=lgns)
Brian Mahoney

Season series: Celtics, 2-1. Boston won the first two before Chicago’s 127-121 victory March 17, the lone meeting after the Bulls remade their team following the trade deadline. The two key players they brought back, John Salmons and Brad Miller, scored 38 and 21, respectively. Kevin Garnett sat out that game.

Storyline: The Celtics could be without Garnett throughout the playoffs because of his strained right knee. That could make them vulnerable against a Chicago team that played very well in the second half of the season to surge from well below .500 into postseason contention.

Key matchup I: Ray Allen vs. Ben Gordon. The two sharpshooters from Connecticut can get on hot streaks from the 3-point line. Gordon didn’t do much against Boston, averaging 12.7 points in the three games. Allen had 27 against Chicago in one of Boston’s wins and without Garnett may have to play at that level throughout the series.

Key matchup II: Rajon Rondo vs. Derrick Rose. The Celtics look great whenever Rondo plays that way, which isn’t all the time. He was good against Chicago, averaging 14.7 points and 10.3 assists. Plenty of eyes will be on Rose to see how the No. 1 overall pick and likely Rookie of the Year performs in his first postseason.

X-factor: Leon Powe. Has given the Celtics a number of strong performances off the bench or as Garnett’s replacement in the starting lineup. He missed 12 games down the stretch with his own knee injury but looked ready after an 18-point, 13-rebound night against Washington in the season finale.

Prediction: Celtics in 7.

BUMP
04-16-2009, 11:34 PM
:toast

fuck off......just kidding

i have a feeling you guys can and will knock them off. hopefully Rose tears Rondo a new one, and Ty Thomas gives that front court nightmares:toast

IronMexican
04-16-2009, 11:39 PM
For Chicago to give Boston a run for their money, Rose has to seriously outplay Rondo.

Mark Jackson
04-16-2009, 11:42 PM
The Chicago Bulls have everything it takes to upset the Celtics but if I'm Finals MVP, Paul Pierce, I'm saying,

"Not on my watch!"

One of the best performers on the big stage accompanied by knockdown shooter, Ray Allen, I look for the Boston Celtics to take care of business and advance.

tomtom
04-17-2009, 12:00 AM
Rose will channel the MJ in him :lol

ginobili's bald spot
04-17-2009, 12:38 AM
The Chicago Bulls have everything it takes to upset the Celtics but if I'm Finals MVP, Paul Pierce, I'm saying,

"Not on my watch!"

One of the best performers on the big stage accompanied by knockdown shooter, Ray Allen, I look for the Boston Celtics to take care of business and advance.

You're doing a nice job with that Mark Jackson impression. Keep up the good work.

lil_penny
04-17-2009, 12:55 AM
beyond a nice job, I actually think its mark jackson lol

kamikazi_player
04-17-2009, 12:57 AM
We need a Jon Barry to disagree with him

Jon Barry
04-17-2009, 01:07 AM
Celtics, just like the Spurs are old, deceased, ancient, done, trash

they both fucking suck, Tim Duncan is an old faggot

poop
04-17-2009, 11:03 AM
Go bulls!!!! Stomp them to a green jelly!!!

Morg1411
04-17-2009, 12:08 PM
Celtics, just like the Spurs are old, deceased, ancient, done, trash

they both fucking suck, Tim Duncan is an old faggot

Good Jon Barry impression. Now you just need a profile picture of a limp, decrepit penis with a goatee, and you're all set.

baseline bum
04-17-2009, 12:24 PM

"Not on my watch!"

:lol Mark Jackson's gotta be my favorite new poster.

LnGrrrR
04-17-2009, 12:45 PM
I say Celtics in 6.

And jeez, KG is out for the playoffs... must you all still hate so much? lol

Texas_Ranger
04-17-2009, 12:56 PM
:lol @ Mark Jackson

Bills in 7