PDA

View Full Version : Great game in Boston on ESPN

Jimcs50
09-22-2004, 10:31 PM
Ortiz just hit the go head HR in the 7th with a 2 run shot to put Boston up 6-5. This game has been going back and forth all night. This was Ortiz' 40th HR this season.

Jimcs50
09-22-2004, 10:33 PM
Bonus...Toronto is up 5-3 on the Yankees in the middle of the 7th inning. Go Jays!!!

Jimcs50
09-22-2004, 11:01 PM
#$%%$$##

For the 3rd straight night, Foulke allowed a HR in the 9th inning...this is not a good time to start slumping. ^&&*^%^^%%^&^^%^

Jimcs50
09-22-2004, 11:19 PM
Yankees lose!!!

Boston has bases juiced with 1 out in 9th....

Jimcs50
09-22-2004, 11:27 PM
$%^&&^%%$$%^&&&

Extra innings....Mora makes great bare handed catch and throw to home to get Roberts out at home.

Betsy
09-22-2004, 11:41 PM
Hmmm, 2 on 2 out for Baltimore.

SequSpur
09-22-2004, 11:52 PM
Great game??

Boston vs. Baltimore?

Baltimore has nothing to play for.

That's not a great game....

Maybe a good one.

Betsy
09-22-2004, 11:56 PM
Well in my opinion it will be a great game if Baltimore wins.
They have nothing to play for but they can be the spoiler.

SequSpur
09-23-2004, 12:01 AM
It'll be just another meaningless baseball game.

Brodels
09-23-2004, 12:04 AM
Keith Cholke is a piece of shit. I can't believe he's given up homers in three straight.

Mark it down: the Sox will lose in the first round if Cholke is needed to close games. He cho(l)ked last season and he'll do it again.

Betsy
09-23-2004, 12:23 AM
Shit!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jimcs50
09-23-2004, 12:26 AM
Un freakinbelievable!!!!

12th inning, Baltimore has bases loaded and only one out, and Boston turns a double play to end their inning. Then Cabrerra hits a walk off HR in the bottom of the 12th over the Green Monster. Boston got Cabrerra for his glove, not his bat....wow!!!:elephant :elephant :elephant

SequSpur
09-23-2004, 12:30 AM
They just beat a team that is going fishing. How is that great?

Boston Red Sox are going to lose in the first round anyway.

Jimcs50
09-23-2004, 12:37 AM
Baltimore, numbnuts is s good team, they have played great at Fenway the past 4 yrs, going 28-21, which is the best in the majors.

Sequ, you do not know jackshit about baseball, you need to stick with basketball....er....nevermind, you do not know anything about that either...golf?....no, hmmm, maybe auto racing?

Jimcs50
09-23-2004, 12:41 AM
The Red Sox ballgirl on Baseball tonight is smokin hot...man, she is beautiful....I never noticed her at the games before, I will from now on.

SequSpur
09-23-2004, 01:09 AM
I know baseball.

I know that the Giants and the Yankees are going to the playoffs.

Those are my teams.....

Keep jacking off to Biggio and Bagwell bro... And then look in the mirror and tell yourself a little thing or two about baseball....

Beyitch...

Don't be a hater.

Jimcs50
09-23-2004, 10:13 AM
Brodels, Foulke did not choke for Oakland last year, the whole team choked. He pitched 5 innings and gave up 2 runs on 5 hits, that is not great, but hardly a choke job. Last night, he let a great pinch batter (a 570 HR HOFer), in Palmero get hold of a fastball that got up in the strike zone and he paid for it. The bullpen is piching well, they will respond in the playoffs, this is their year.

Jimcs50
09-23-2004, 10:15 AM
Sequ, anyone that likes the Yankees and is not from NY is a sick SOB....I am surprised you like the Spurs and not the lakers or Bulls too.:rolleyes

Brodels
09-23-2004, 11:15 AM
Brodels, Foulke did not choke for Oakland last year, the whole team choked. He pitched 5 innings and gave up 2 runs on 5 hits, that is not great, but hardly a choke job. Last night, he let a great pinch batter (a 570 HR HOFer), in Palmero get hold of a fastball that got up in the strike zone and he paid for it. The bullpen is piching well, they will respond in the playoffs, this is their year.

I just don't feel comfortable with him closing games. He's been a good closer for many years, but he seems to shrivel when it matters most. If Williamson was truly healthy and 100%, I'd rather see him close out games.

Look, Cholke coughed it up in the biggest moment of Oakland's season last year. I was happy at the time, but now that he pitches for the the Sox, I have little faith in him.

These are the biggest games of the year to this point. So in the biggest games of the year, Cholke has coughed up homers in three consecutive appearances. He is a blown save waiting to happen every time he steps on the mound.

When you need to hit corners with your 89 mph fastball and your changeup is your best pitch, you shouldn't be a closer.

The rest of the pen will be fine. But I just don't feel comfortable with Foulke on the mound in the ninth. I'd rather see Williamson or Timlin.

Jimcs50
09-23-2004, 11:41 AM
Williamson has been out akk year, so he can not be put in that position with so little work. Foulke will come through. Boston has not lost a 1 run game since mid Aug,(6-0) that tells you that the Bullpen is doing its job. Keep the faith.

Jimcs50
09-23-2004, 12:04 PM
Brodels, Foulke has given up 5 blown saves at home this year, the good news is the Red Sox won all 5 with walk off hits. Another stat, Foulke has given up 8 HRs this year. There have been only 2 pitchers that recorded at least 30 saves in a year and gave up more HRs, one of them is Jeff Reardon, who gave up 14 HRs in 1987 for the Twins, but that was the year that the Twins won the World Series, so that tells you that Boston can overcome a few dingers in save opportunities too, and win it all as well.