PDA

View Full Version : Out of Alaska, Palin's star shines....whottt goes wild.

JoeChalupa
04-17-2009, 07:37 AM
http://images.politico.com/global/news/090416_palin1_ap_297.jpg

Palin is a rock star! (http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0409/21349.html)

Far from her home state, Palin reminds Republicans why she remains a party heavyweight.

Far from her home state and the controversy she left behind, Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin traveled to Indiana Thursday and reminded Republicans why she remains a party heavyweight and a top prospective presidential candidate in 2012.

Palin drew approximately 3,000 people to the Vanderburgh County Right to Life fundraising dinner in Evansville, an annual banquet that typically attracts some of the GOP’s top national talent. Her sold-out appearance in a local exhibition hall prompted organizers to set up a paid closed-circuit broadcast at a nearby auditorium for a large spill-over crowd and led local authorities to close down nearby streets.

The Alaska governor received a warm reception from Republican National Committee Chairman Michael Steele, also in attendance, at a news conference ahead of the dinner.

“I think she is a standard-bearer right now,” Steele said. “She and Mitt Romney and Governor Pawlenty, Governor Sanford, Rudy Giuliani, Eric Cantor, Mike Pence. We have a significant number of men and women in our party who are in a very good position right now to carry forward the standard of the GOP.”

Upon taking the stage, Palin criticized President Barack Obama's position on abortion and stem cell research. She chided the president's campaign trail response to a question from Pastor Rick Warren about when life begins, saying that the answer was not above her pay grade.

For Palin, the event came at the tail end of a tough week back home.

Her controversial nominee for state attorney general, Wayne Ross, was rejected Thursday in a 35-23 vote by the Republican-controlled state legislature after a week of damaging confirmation hearings that revealed a string of past controversial comments. Ross came under fire for his past defense of a Ku Klux Klan statue and a 1991 quote that said: "If a guy can’t rape his wife… who’s he gonna rape?"

Palin said in a statement that she was “surprised” by Ross's rejection. “Mr. Ross is a fine Alaskan,” she said. “He is held in high esteem by many Alaskans. I appreciate his willingness to serve the public.”

She's going for 2012 and nothing is going to stop her!!

Viva Las Espuelas
04-17-2009, 08:57 AM
hmmm. i wonder if any other former VICE presidential candidate was talked about so much by both sides ever this far after an election? if she wasn't much of anything or a threat then why talk about her at all? both left and right.

JoeChalupa
04-17-2009, 09:03 AM
hmmm. i wonder if any other former VICE presidential candidate was talked about so much by both sides ever this far after an election? if she wasn't much of anything or a threat then why talk about her at all? both left and right.

Because she may be in the running in 2012 and she sure as hell hasn't been shy about getting coverage what with her spat with Levi and flip-flopping on the stimulus money and leaving her State to attend this meeting.
She needs to keep herself in the news and it is a smart move.

Creepn
04-17-2009, 09:03 AM
Because Palin does stupid political shit that makes us laugh. She's like the clown that runs in the middle of a bullriding match when the rider falls down. Trust me, the attention towards Palin is not meant to flatter her.

Oh, Gee!!
04-17-2009, 09:12 AM
people talk about lindsey lohan as well. prolly cuz they're both hot messes

JohnnyMarzetti
04-17-2009, 09:24 AM
http://www.bartcop.com/palin-all-about.jpg

She loves it.

LnGrrrR
04-17-2009, 09:40 AM

Al Gore?

Blake
04-17-2009, 09:58 AM
if she gets the Republican nod in 2012, she will get crushed by Obama.

now if Rush were to run..........different story......

SpuronyourFace
04-17-2009, 09:59 AM
Its cause she's an attractive woman. Thats all.

boutons_deux
04-17-2009, 11:23 AM
pitbull bitch's stimulus plan was voted down by the AL legislature, and

for the first time ever in AL, her asshole "WAR" AG nominee was not approved.

AL also thinks she wasting time on her national career while not, as governor, putting AL first.

FaithInOne
04-17-2009, 11:26 AM
The liberal media blows their load when they get scurred.

The only audience they are growing is one of enemies.

Viva Las Espuelas
04-17-2009, 11:33 AM
Al Gore?
i'll buy that argument after she "wins" an oscar, grammy, noble peace prize. next

drinkycrow
04-17-2009, 11:38 AM
whats the difference between a pitbull and sarah palin?

Viva Las Espuelas
04-17-2009, 11:39 AM
whats the difference between a pitbull and sarah palin?
the left aren't afraid of pitbulls :wakeup

LnGrrrR
04-17-2009, 11:39 AM
i'll buy that argument after she "wins" an oscar, grammy, noble peace prize. next

What argument? You asked if a former vice Presidential candidate had been talked about more. I'm pretty sure Al Gore fits that category.

jman3000
04-17-2009, 11:40 AM
pitbull bitch's stimulus plan was voted down by the AL legislature, and

for the first time ever in AL, her asshole "WAR" AG nominee was not approved.

AL also thinks she wasting time on her national career while not, as governor, putting AL first.

It's AK ... AL is Alabama... nothing major.. just kind of annoying.

drinkycrow
04-17-2009, 11:40 AM
the pitbull will eventually go the fuck away after getting its ass kicked.
seriously, can't we just close our eyes and make john hagee barbie just go away?

Cry Havoc
04-17-2009, 11:41 AM
The liberal media blows their load when they get scurred.

The only audience they are growing is one of enemies.

So you're saying that 75% of the states in the Union are going to be enemies to Palin? Because if she runs against Obama, you will see the Democrats throwing parties all over the place.

jman3000
04-17-2009, 11:42 AM
Sarah Palin is a joke.

How that is supposed to manifest itself into me being frightened of her, I have no clue.

drinkycrow
04-17-2009, 11:44 AM
the left aren't afraid of pitbulls :wakeup

afraid?
if by afraid you mean annoyed then yeah.
but seriously romney poses a bigger threat than this actress.
hell i almost hope that she stays relevant til 2012 just so the dems can enjoy a landslide.
i'm an atheist and i view her any future candidacy of hers as a godsend.

jman3000
04-17-2009, 11:45 AM
if she gets the Republican nod in 2012, she will get crushed by Obama.

now if Rush were to run..........different story......

??? If Rush were to run on the GOP ticket, he'd get about 25% of the vote... if he ran 3rd party, probably something closer to 10%.

Are you insinuating that he'd do better than Palin?

Viva Las Espuelas
04-17-2009, 11:47 AM
What argument? You asked if a former vice Presidential candidate had been talked about more. I'm pretty sure Al Gore fits that category.
you must not have read my post.

LnGrrrR
04-17-2009, 12:10 PM
you must not have read my post.

Let's see what you asked in your post...

hmmm. i wonder if any other former VICE presidential candidate was talked about so much by both sides ever this far after an election?

Al Gore fits here.

I didn't say I was answering both questions. I don't know why people talk about Palin, except she's an easy target to make fun of. As is Al Gore.

jack sommerset
04-17-2009, 12:15 PM
No way in hell Palin goes up against Obama. If she gets the nod the republicans deserved to lose.

ChumpDumper
04-17-2009, 12:18 PM
hmmm. i wonder if any other former VICE presidential candidate was talked about so much by both sides ever this far after an election?I can't think of any who started running for president right after he or she lost the election.

Blake
04-17-2009, 12:23 PM
I can't think of any who started running for president right after he or she lost the election.

I'm sure there have got to be several, but off the top of my head, in recent history, I can't think of any that ran for president at all after losing the election.

Blake
04-17-2009, 12:25 PM
??? If Rush were to run on the GOP ticket, he'd get about 25% of the vote... if he ran 3rd party, probably something closer to 10%.

Are you insinuating that he'd do better than Palin?

tongue in cheek.

Rush has been talked up so highly lately that I almost wouldn't be surprised if he threw his hat in the ring.

jman3000
04-17-2009, 12:44 PM
He wouldn't do it because he knows he'd get his ass handed to him... badly. I know you're saying that half jokingly... but even Rush knows how limited his voice resonates. He has to know that about 30% of his 20 million listeners are liberals.

Pulled that stat outta my ass for what it's worth, but it has to be close to that.

Winehole23
04-17-2009, 04:47 PM
Howard Stern effect. Haters listen longer.