PDA

View Full Version : Spurs vs. Pistons March 20th -- Game Blog

Rummpd
03-20-2005, 06:35 AM
Pistons without L. Brown have won 4 straight and overall 11 at home. Probable finals preview, Pistons psyched after big comeback in first game that Spurs won. But, it won't matter, this one is going to the Silver and Black. Breakout day for Nazr and rest of Spurs bench will also truly bring it. TD, TP and rest of Spurs have statement road game as well on national TV.

Spurs 92
Pistons 85

ZStomp
03-20-2005, 06:46 AM
Present.

Rummpd
03-20-2005, 06:53 AM
?

ZStomp
03-20-2005, 07:09 AM
I'm here!?!?

Go spurs Go???

Spurs win.

Jimcs50
03-20-2005, 09:34 AM
Spurs 78

Detroit 70

ABC execs will be campaigning the NBA league office to change the rules, so that if SA and Detroit make the Finals, they only get to use one hand in playing defense in their series, so the scores will be palatable to the general public.

ALVAREZ6
03-20-2005, 09:39 AM
Today on NBA matchup, Greg Anthony and Scottie Pippen both think that the Pistons are going to win this game.

Jimcs50
03-20-2005, 09:49 AM
Today on NBA matchup, Greg Anthony and Scottie Pippen both think that the Pistons are going to win this game.

Well, they are favored and are on a 11 game win streak at home, so I do not think they are going out on a limb here.

But almost exactly 2 yrs ago, SA went into Detroit on a Sunday afternoon and won a tough game that propelled SA to its 2nd Championship, so if SA can remember that, they can do it again.

boutons
03-20-2005, 10:11 AM
Jimbo, what's the Vegas take on today's game?

Walton Buys Off Me
03-20-2005, 10:15 AM
Keep it mind Jim, Ben Wallace was forced to leave that game two years ago, but you are right, it was a tough game that we won convincingly.

Jimcs50
03-20-2005, 10:15 AM

Holy crap...I just went to my sports book site and they have SA favored by 2 points. They must know that manu is playing.

I would have thought that Detroit was favored just for the fact that they have been winning every game at home the past month.

Hmmmm, me thinks that I am betting on SA now for sure. :)

Jimcs50
03-20-2005, 10:17 AM
Keep it mind Jim, Ben Wallace was forced to leave that game two years ago, but you are right, it was a tough game that we won convincingly.

You are right Walton, I had forgotten about that, and also they did not have Larry or Sheed either.

MI21
03-20-2005, 10:28 AM
Prince didn't play very much at all during that regular season either. Team was very different back then.

FearDaFro
03-20-2005, 10:55 AM
Hmm, our starting frontline in that game was Ben, Cliff Robinson, and Michael Curry.....and Ben sprained his ankle near halftime......he was out for 3 weeks after that game, nearly cost us the division.

I'm pretty sure Prince got a DNP-CD. He got about 50 of those that season, so I'm just playing the odds. Apparently Curry's 2ppg and 4rpg were just that crucial.......

Yeah, I'd say our frontline is slightly stronger now.

All I can say is, the stronger the opponent's PF, the better Rasheed Wallace plays.

Oh yeah, and Carlos Delfino just came off of IR a few days ago, for the 1st time since late November. He's a huge addition to our team, gives us a 2nd reserve who can handle the ball, alongside Arroyo.

Anyway, looking forward to today. More or less, we're playing ourselves. No other team in the NBA can bring the intensity like we do, other than the Spurs.

Rummpd
03-20-2005, 10:59 AM
FearDaFro. Although, I respect your team, the truth is that the Spurs today are much stronger too and the real defensive power in the league, and have a much deeper bench.

You might luck out in one home game but no way do Pistons beat Spurs in a 7 game series. Spurs much better team top to bottom.

FearDaFro
03-20-2005, 11:01 AM
Hell the Spurs today are much stronger too. Whats the point, that the psuedo champs Pistons that only got a title due to the 0.4 BS on Spurs and an injured Malone, and many bogus calls on LA, are to be feared by the Spurs? PLEASE! If this is a preview of finals, that is good as no way Pistons beat Spurs in 7 game series.

You'd think you've ad enough asterisks thrown YOUR way over the years that you wouldn't DREAM of throwing any my way, but hey, hypocrites are hypocrites, I suppose.

Rummpd
03-20-2005, 11:03 AM
You really think the Pistons could have handled the Spurs last year? Dream on, and this year Pistons will return their borrowed trophy!

FearDaFro
03-20-2005, 11:04 AM
You really think the Pistons could have handled the Spurs last year? Dream on, and this year Pistons will return their borrowed trophy!

You really think the Spurs could have won on a full 82-game schedule in 1999?

WHO was "borrowing" the trophy to begin with?

Rummpd
03-20-2005, 11:05 AM
Oh and great game last game. Pistons beat Utah without a single field goal in 4th quarter, all time brick throwing contest!

sickdsm
03-20-2005, 11:05 AM
Yeah but Darvin Ham might not be all there if he plays. Who the hell gets assaulted by his wife? Maybe she's a spurs fan.

The wife of Pistons forward Darvin Ham was charged with assault Friday, hours after she apparently struck her 6-foot-7 husband in the head with a wine bottle. Deneitra Ham, 28, of Rochester Hills called the Oakland County sheriff's office about 3 a.m. Friday to report that the couple had been arguing and that her husband, following the blow to his head, fell to the floor bleeding. The couple's sons, ages 5 and 8, were sleeping at the time, according to a police report.

FearDaFro
03-20-2005, 11:06 AM
Oh and great game last game. Pistons beat Utah without a single field goal in 4th quarter, all time brick throwing contest!

Yeah, cause, um, the Spurs have NEVER had any ugly wins this year......

should I bother wasting my breath arguing with this guy, or is he just a homer?

sickdsm
Ham refused to be taken to a hospital and was treated at the scene for his head wound by firefighters, Bouchard said. There was no sign that the wine bottle broke, so Ham was not cut by the bottle's glass. He evidently sustained a blunt force injury, according to the police report. "A lot of wine bottles are quite substantial," Bouchard said. "If you get hit by one of those things, it can scramble you

Rummpd
Yes in 99 Spurs went 15 and 2 in playoffs. Could have won anyway. Dominant team that swept 2 series until got bored a little in finals.

FearDaFro
03-20-2005, 11:07 AM
Yeah but Darvin Ham might not be all there if he plays. Who the hell gets assaulted by his wife? Maybe she's a spurs fan.

The wife of Pistons forward Darvin Ham was charged with assault Friday, hours after she apparently struck her 6-foot-7 husband in the head with a wine bottle. Deneitra Ham, 28, of Rochester Hills called the Oakland County sheriff's office about 3 a.m. Friday to report that the couple had been arguing and that her husband, following the blow to his head, fell to the floor bleeding. The couple's sons, ages 5 and 8, were sleeping at the time, according to a police report.

Well, Ham was on IR ANYWAY. We don't have roster space for him (thank god).

Rummpd
03-20-2005, 11:12 AM
I am a homer but also a realist and that is why I have respect but not fear for the Pistons. Why should Spurs fans that have a much deeper and overall better team fear the Pistons? With a healthy Manu, Parker and Duncan, plus their bench the Spurs are too much for the Pistons period. Both teams make finals, Spurs win in 4-6 games max.

FearDaFro
03-20-2005, 11:25 AM
I am a homer but also a realist and that is why I have respect but not fear for the Pistons. Why should Spurs fans that have a much deeper and overall better team fear the Pistons? With a healthy Manu, Parker and Duncan, plus their bench the Spurs are too much for the Pistons period. Both teams make finals, Spurs win in 4-6 games max.

Yeah, cause taking the defending champs lightly is totally realistic.....

Done making excuses for '04, or do you have any more up your sleeve?

Anyone ever tell you you sound like a Laker fan?

Frenchise player
03-20-2005, 11:31 AM
That's the game I was waiting for since the last Phoenix game.
Detroit has the best defense in the game along with the Spurs. They have 5 starters who are at same level of play, no superstars but 5 great basketball players.
Several interesting matchups, Duncan-Sheed, Prince-Bowen...
Like the first game, I think Paker-Billups will be the key. Manu playing small minutes, tp has to score a lot and be consistent in the 4th to avoid Duncan be double-triple teamed. Billups is what turns Detroit from a good team to a title contender, if he is hot he can light up their offense (4th quarter in the SBC center).

tempest186
03-20-2005, 11:34 AM
Come on. The Pistons were the legitimate champs last year. Would they have beaten the Spurs last year? Who knows they were playing great but the fact is the Spurs didn't get there. I agree with fro. There have been enough useless assertions by Laker fans about the asterisks and their complaining about last year's finals. The Pistons are a very good team that the Spurs will have trouble with if they meet in a 7 game series. Man I would love that Finals series. They are a tough, intense, athletic team. They are a truly worthy opponent. All of this being said, I think the Spurs can and will regain the title this year, but I honestly believe that the Pistons will be the toughest matchup. I am looking forward to today's game. Good luck fro.

FearDaFro
03-20-2005, 11:36 AM
That's the game I was waiting for since the last Phoenix game.
Detroit has the best defense in the game along with the Spurs. They have 5 starters who are at same level of play, no superstars but 5 great basketball players.
Several interesting matchups, Duncan-Sheed, Prince-Bowen...
Like the first game, I think Paker-Billups will be the key. Manu playing small minutes, tp has to score a lot and be consistent in the 4th to avoid Duncan be double-triple teamed. Billups is what turns Detroit from a good team to a title contender, if he is hot he can light up their offense (4th quarter in the SBC center).

If you recall, Billups also single-handidly beat the spurs in the Palace last season, with one of his inhuman 4th-quarter shooting displays......

Billups is the key for us today. Without Brown on the sideline, Billups has the ultimate green light, which makes him more dangerous ina 1-game setting. He dropped 32 on Seattle two games ago, and another 27 on Toronto Friday.

The Pistons have no superstar, but they start 5 guys who could be all-stars on lesser teams. They all sacrifice their numbers in favor of W's, which is why its easy to overlook them. There isn't one dominating force offensively, but occasioanlly one guy that averages 15ppg will go for 32, and the opponent will be left wondering what the f*** happened.

Jimcs50
03-20-2005, 11:48 AM

The line is down to 1 point now.

I just bet on Spurs for $50 now...glad I waited.
:)

boutons
03-20-2005, 12:20 PM
"The line is down to 1 point now."

The bookmakers must follow the SequSpur forum :)

Experiment2100
03-20-2005, 03:36 PM
well that's game

Dre_7
03-20-2005, 03:37 PM
Crap!!!!!!!

MaNuMaNiAc
03-20-2005, 03:43 PM
Can't Timmy Go For 1 Whole Week Without Giving Us A Heart Attack!!!

audview
03-20-2005, 03:45 PM
is anyone else stressin out like I am?????

i cant believe this happened

bonesinaz
03-20-2005, 03:45 PM
What's going on w/ TD's unjury?? I am stuck with the suns game here.

ducks
03-20-2005, 03:49 PM
N. Mohammed makes a 17-foot jumper from the left wing

boutons
03-20-2005, 03:52 PM
The only good thing is that this will be huge test for the other Spurs.

Let's see some heart and hustle, guys.

I'm amazed the Tony is getting so easily into the paint. I'm sure the Pistons will react.

boutons
03-20-2005, 03:54 PM
Tony is such a stud, steal, FB, and Devin scores.

Pistons look very hesitant.

SLOVENIAN 8
03-20-2005, 03:56 PM
What is with T.Duncan?? Is he hurt???

ducks
03-20-2005, 03:57 PM
two steals for tp

exstatic
03-20-2005, 03:58 PM
Tony kicking ass. Tim sprained his ankle, rather badly, by appearances.

ata
03-20-2005, 03:59 PM
What is with T.Duncan?? Is he hurt???
Yes, badly sprained ankle. Out for tonight and probably few more games.

Pristal je Wallacu na nogo, poglej sosednji topic.

boutons
03-20-2005, 04:00 PM
defensive game? both teams red hot on offense, scoring at 120 ppg through 12 minutes. amazing

Slo spurs fan
Rasho is HOT today!!! 7-2 1st qtr :smokin

Oh and 1 ast! :lol

Experiment2100
We are going to have trouble wit Billups today.

ducks
03-20-2005, 04:01 PM
31 points for both teams in first quarter
WHERE IS THE D

exstatic
03-20-2005, 04:01 PM
Manu looks flat, not ready. He did hit a three ball, but there were at least two times when I was surprised that he didn't come up with a loose ball or rebound. We're spoiled, because he usually does.

This game will come down to three players: Tony, a shooting guard, and Nazr. Fill in the blank of either Devin or Barry, but one of them needs a great night.

exstatic
03-20-2005, 04:02 PM
What's going on w/ TD's unjury?? I am stuck with the suns game here.

Bones, there is another thread talking about nothing but the ankle.

bonesinaz
03-20-2005, 04:03 PM
Thanks Ex, I found it after I posted.

ducks
03-20-2005, 04:04 PM
rasho has been impressive

Experiment2100
03-20-2005, 04:06 PM
Get a damn rebound

aToM!k
03-20-2005, 04:07 PM
OMFG, WTF!!!

i dont know where anyone else lives, but live in AZ, so i dont get to see alot of Spurs games.

Now, ive been waiting for this Spurs vs. Pistons match up all week because i knew, or thought, i would be able to see it on ABC.

well, about 2 min. in the first qtr; ABC decides to interrupt the game saying that "were going to go to the Memphis-Suns game, since its of more interest to you. But we will keep you updated on the Spurs-Pistons game."

Who in their right mind would even think that? the team with the best record in the league vs the defending champs?!!?? RETARDS!!!!

i already called ABC and cussed out their answering machine..hehe

Frenchise player
03-20-2005, 04:12 PM
Beno and Arroyo are on a contest for the best sub PG in the league

boutons
Spurs playing very proud ball, not missing a beat.

Gotta watch those fouls

Trailer-park trash Rasheed running his yapper. punk

Slo spurs fan
Beno>>>>>>>>>>>>Aroyo :lol

stéphane
03-20-2005, 04:15 PM
beno-tony backcourt ... interesting ^^

boutons
03-20-2005, 04:16 PM
damn, our offense stalled, Pistons' didn't

Slo spurs fan
03-20-2005, 04:17 PM
Those damn official time outs :rolleyes

boutons
03-20-2005, 04:17 PM
Spurs HAVE to play better transition defense, Pistons are running it up our backs.

Experiment2100
03-20-2005, 04:21 PM
Parker gave Delfino the ole

Gerryatrics
03-20-2005, 04:23 PM
Ooh, Big Ben with the sweet block, Refs rip him off and he almost goes all "Ben Wallace" on everybody.

In the meantime Spurs get sloppy, I don't think this lineup is a keeper...

exstatic
03-20-2005, 04:24 PM
Spurs need to get more physical. Detroit has just knocked down our PGs a couple of times, and no calls. If that's the way the game is being called, roll up the sleeves and GO AT IT.

boutons
03-20-2005, 04:24 PM
Pistons stepping up their defense, and shooting out of their heads.

dougp
03-20-2005, 04:25 PM
rofl Parker just charged and got the defensive foul ... haha awesome, some payback for that assfuck piston knocking him down. Can't believe the fucknuts didn't have the gall to check Tim ... sure, it's a game but cmon, the guys a human too.

boutons
03-20-2005, 04:25 PM
Pistons will cool off, 71% on 3G's??

Spurs have to step the D and get those boards.

Gerryatrics
03-20-2005, 04:30 PM
Damnit, someone poke Pop with a stick, I think he fell asleep. This lineup sucks.

Parker, Brown, Horry, Bowen, Mohammed... What the hell?

Slo spurs fan
03-20-2005, 04:32 PM
What a shitty qtr by POP! :depressed

boutons
03-20-2005, 04:32 PM
Our only hope is that the Pistons cool off. They're shooting like Blazers did in Portland, WAY over their averages.

SLOVENIAN 8
03-20-2005, 04:33 PM
Why Udrih is not playing he is 3-4 , and Rasho.

ALVAREZ6
03-20-2005, 04:34 PM
Damn it the Pistons can't win.

Both of the Carlos Arroyo and Delfino helping off the bench for Detroit...Manu actually played and I thought he wasn't going to...fucking fantasy...and he is playing well.

Duncan is hurt again I can't stand it.

Slo spurs fan
03-20-2005, 04:34 PM
Horry is 0-4 :depressed

Someone should slap him and weake him up. :cuss

ALVAREZ6
03-20-2005, 04:35 PM
Damnit, someone poke Pop with a stick, I think he fell asleep. This lineup sucks.

Parker, Brown, Horry, Bowen, Mohammed... What the hell?
agreed.

It's terrible but you are only missing Manu, who is trying to take it easy back in the line-up, and Duncan who is injured, and Beno who was recoring energy because he played a lot of minutes so far.

There really is no option.

ALVAREZ6
03-20-2005, 04:37 PM
Why can't Duncan stop hurting his legs???

He has a bad habbit of coming down wrong, he doesn't know how to land.

I know he landed on Rasheed's foot, but he always gets hurt on coming down from a dunk or lay-up.

boutons
03-20-2005, 04:37 PM
Wha'ts killing us is Pistons hitting everything they throw up. 5-7 on 3's?? Tim wouldn't have helped with that.

Also, they are getting the line more, Spurs -5 pts on FTs.

Spurs settlig for too many jumpers, gotta take it to the hoop.

ALVAREZ6
03-20-2005, 04:40 PM
I wanna see some more Beno, TP, Manu action.

Let the Spurs guards carry out the scoring for us.

The main thing is stopping the Pistons that simply can't miss.

There bench is playing like they are NBA champs.

Frenchise player
03-20-2005, 04:41 PM
I think that Beno shoud play more, but again, if he plays that means Parker is benched.
Pop tried to play both of them but Spurs struggled and Pop benched Beno.

Solid D
03-20-2005, 04:42 PM
The lineup with TP and Beno in the backcourt didn't click. They had TP, Beno, Devin, Horry and Mass part of the time and the Spurs started missing shots and stagnating.

That lineup did not work and hurt momemtum as it worked out.

FearDaFro
03-20-2005, 04:43 PM
Ben Wallace suffered the EXACT SAME kind of ankle sprain under the exact same basket against the spurs two years ago. FYI, Ben Missed the last 3 1/2 weeks of the regular season, but was back for the playoffs at about %50. He didn't really get back to %100 for another 2 weeks.

BUt its not like the first round will be a huge issue for you guys. You'll be fine.

Sorry about Tim anyway, that sucks. Gave me VIVID flashbacks of our game 2 years ago that I don't care to remember.....

Slo spurs fan
03-20-2005, 04:44 PM
The lineup with TP and Beno in the backcourt didn't click. They had TP, Beno, Devin, Horry and Mass part of the time and the Spurs started missing shots and stagnating.

That lineup did not work and hurt momemtum as it worked out.

Replace Horry and TMass with Nazr and Rasho and then you will see!

exstatic
03-20-2005, 04:48 PM
Why Udrih is not playing he is 3-4 , and Rasho.
That's the life of an NBA backup. Parker isn't exactly sucking today, either.

Don't look for a lot of Manu, unless you want to see him go down, too. they said that his right groin is still tight. He didn't look right.

As I stated before, this game will come down to Parker, a SG (either) and Nazr on the boards. Sit Horry's tired ass, and give Nazr the burn. He's been pretty much a beast on the boards, and his one nice jumper. I know Horry spaces the floor, but not if he's not hitting, and it's not like they have Tim to collapse on anyway.

Free Nazr. Give his ass 20 minutes in the second half.

ducks
03-20-2005, 04:51 PM
another steal for tp
can he get 5 ?

Gerryatrics
03-20-2005, 04:54 PM
TP and anyone but Manu just doesn't work that well. Sub out the backcourt as a whole, put in Beno and Bones. Minutes become an issue but going down by ten every time so you can have your starters (minus Duncan) for seven minutes isn't going to win us this game.

ducks
03-20-2005, 05:08 PM
devin brown has been good today

Rick Von Braun
03-20-2005, 05:09 PM
On other news... Memphis up by 3 vs Suns, 8-0 run in the 3rd.

SLOVENIAN 8
03-20-2005, 05:10 PM
I really dont understand Pope!! Where the f... is Beno!

ducks
03-20-2005, 05:13 PM
tp has missed 4 layups today so far :depressed

boutons
03-20-2005, 05:18 PM
ok, we outscored them in the 3rd, down to -5 to start the 4th. Pop is holding Manu out for crunch time.

Game will be won by less points than the number of missed FTs.

AND, the Pistons have cooled off, and Spurs have tightened their D. nice

ducks
03-20-2005, 05:19 PM
much better d that quarter

boutons
03-20-2005, 05:21 PM
Griz will win on defense and hustle in the 4th.

The Suns have hit fewer 3's than the non-3-shooting Pistons. WTF?

ChumpDumper
03-20-2005, 05:35 PM
The Beno show.

ChumpDumper
03-20-2005, 05:36 PM
Horry erases a great block by Glover by not blocking out Sheed. Rasho very pissed.

ChumpDumper
03-20-2005, 05:37 PM
Beno to Brown for 3.

ata
03-20-2005, 05:38 PM
The Beno show.
Beno is on fire! Go, Beno, go..

PS: Pop, don't dare to bench him now!

Slo spurs fan
03-20-2005, 05:38 PM
Beno the savior!! :elephant

SLOVENIAN 8
03-20-2005, 05:39 PM
I told you, Beno should play more time in first 3 quarters

boutons
03-20-2005, 05:40 PM
-2 going into crunch time. It's Manu time?

Dre_7
03-20-2005, 05:42 PM
Hey Sequ, Beno = NBDL player?

ChumpDumper
03-20-2005, 05:43 PM
Brown to Horry for 3

fonzy16
03-20-2005, 05:44 PM
6 spurs in double figures. cool.
go beno.

boutons
03-20-2005, 05:44 PM
quel match maqnifique!! Allez les Noirs et Argents!!

Gotta love them Spurs!!

HUGE challenge HUGE response!!

ata
03-20-2005, 05:45 PM
Has Pop forgot TP? What is Glover still doing on the court?

Slo spurs fan
03-20-2005, 05:45 PM
6 spurs in double figures. cool.
go beno.

Horry will join them with another 3!!! :elephant

Dre_7
03-20-2005, 05:47 PM
Come on RASHO!!!

ata
03-20-2005, 05:48 PM
Has Pop forgot TP? What is Glover still doing on the court?
Does Pop read this forum?? LOL

fonzy16
03-20-2005, 05:48 PM
we need manu in the crunch

MaNuMaNiAc
03-20-2005, 05:49 PM
That's it boys and girls, this thing is over!!

ggoose25
03-20-2005, 05:50 PM
why is rasho worthless... i could feel it at the beginning of the posession that he would throw it away

boutons
03-20-2005, 05:51 PM
Spurs not hitting their shots in the crunch.

kolko
03-20-2005, 05:52 PM
:depressed

Nikos
03-20-2005, 05:52 PM
Would be nice if they could have at least ATTEMPTED a shot when they were down 2.

kolko
03-20-2005, 05:53 PM
Where is Manu?

ducks
manu no shot attempts in 4?

ata
Pop should have put Manu back with 3-4 minutes left.

SLOVENIAN 8
03-20-2005, 05:54 PM
Udrih must be play more time, and Barry less.

ducks
Just Maybe Manu Should Not Have Started And Came Off The Bench To Play In 4

baseline bum
Pop should have sent Rasho back home on the plane with Duncan.

kolko
03-20-2005, 05:56 PM
manu no shot attempts in 4?
He hasnt played in the 4th

SLOVENIAN 8
03-20-2005, 05:57 PM
Pop should have sent Rasho back home on the plane with Duncan.

Now again blame Rasho.... :rolleyes

You better look Barry!! :pctoss

ggoose25
03-20-2005, 05:57 PM
why ration manu's minutes? it didnt look like his groin was bothering him

ata
03-20-2005, 05:58 PM
Rasho has been very good all 4th, until that TO with 2,5 minutes left. Give him a break. Why were TP and Manu forgoten on the bench, that is the real big Q!

SuBZer0
03-20-2005, 06:00 PM
Yeah, he only played 16 minutes the whole GAME so far...
He should have at least come in with about 3-4 minutes remaining - his ankle didn't seem that bad

BTW, Nazr is now over the 20 mark for pts+rbds for the vbookie

ChumpDumper
It's easy to get pissed about one play or another, but I'm pretty happy with the team overall.

ALVAREZ6
Why didn't Manu play at all in the 4th, and Tony ony like 2 minutes?

That's bullshit.

Also, Rasho ruined our chance to tie and gain enery, as he hands it off to billups so he can give him an and 1 on the next play...

SuBZer0
its done...

boutons
Did Tony score in the 2nd half?

Gerryatrics
03-20-2005, 06:01 PM
It's a moral victory :pctoss

It's all part of CIA Pop's secret plans :pctoss

It's all Brent Barry's fault :pctoss

:shootme

SuBZer0
03-20-2005, 06:02 PM
We need to think of better/newer excuses lol..

kolko
03-20-2005, 06:03 PM

No, 0-4 FG in the second half

Manu20
03-20-2005, 06:06 PM
Did any one notice when Parker and Beno played at the same time the offense struggled.

BTW great game by Beno he has SKILLZ!

stéphane
03-20-2005, 06:09 PM
Did any one notice when Parker and Beno played at the same time the offense struggled.

BTW great game by Beno he has SKILLZ!

True for the first past...
good game by beno but....mm is he really PG?

CHAMPS AGAIN
03-20-2005, 06:10 PM
why ration manu's minutes? it didnt look like his groin was bothering him

How do you know his groin was not bothering him it's easy to judge from the confort of your sofa. :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant

wildbill2u
03-20-2005, 07:22 PM

Tony seems to run out of gas in the second half of games. He can play like an all-star in the first half and then somehow disappear in the second half.

I don't think its conditioning but maybe he just isn't strong enough to go hard the whole game. He looks awfully small and frail out there sometimes.

ALVAREZ6
03-20-2005, 07:44 PM
How do you know his groin was not bothering him it's easy to judge from the confort of your sofa

You know by the way he moved, hustled, and the stats.

He had good stats, he moved fine, played good D, and it didn't look like it was bothering him enough.

Yes, it probably WAS bothering him, but not nearly enough to keep him from playing.

Kori Ellis
03-20-2005, 07:47 PM
Yes, it probably WAS bothering him, but not nearly enough to keep him from playing.

You realize how easily groin injuries are re-aggravated, right?

The Spurs training and coaching staff are very smart to limit Manu's minutes until he's completely healthy. Let him ease back in.

Or do you not care if he is hurt in the playoffs?

Solid D
03-20-2005, 11:35 PM
Pop stuck to his guns and didn't give Manu very many minutes. Very disciplined in sticking with his pre-game plans.

The mistake that was made by Pop was trying to make the TP & Beno backcourt work without Gino or Barry. It didn't work at the end of the 2nd quarter when the Pistons went on the 10-2 run. It didn't work...again....at the end of the 4th quarter.

The Spurs got within 2 without TP and were in a flow. TP comes in and the flow changed.

Props to the Pistons. They shot and played lights-out. They really seemed to take advantage of the Spurs man-to-man defensive help scheme. Lift everyone and let Chauncey go one on one, where help comes late. Isolate Tayshaun on the baseline with both bigs lifted, where he can post up and go baseline so quickly that
smaller help players can't get to his shots.

boutons
03-21-2005, 12:03 AM
If the Pistons shoot like that thorughout the playoffs, they repeat.

Rummpd
03-21-2005, 05:18 AM
I will give props to the Pistons who are a damm good team and probably will come out of East, but saw nothing that a healthy Duncan would not take care of in a 7 game series and a Manu in the 4th.