PDA

View Full Version : Jason Peters traded

IronMexican
04-17-2009, 01:02 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4077093

Hmm, this means the Eagles wont go after Boldin, most likely.

Peters was excellent in 2007, but sucked ass in 2008.

DBryant88
04-17-2009, 01:07 PM
He doesn't seem like he's really worth a 1st round pick

mardigan
04-17-2009, 01:13 PM
He doesn't seem like he's really worth a 1st round pick

He's worth the 28th pick in the draft I would say. the only problem with it I have is the Eagles now having to re-sign him for quite a bit of money.

IronMexican
04-17-2009, 01:51 PM
Yup, the problem is the money he is asking for. He wants top tier OT money, and he simply didn't play like one last year.

monosylab1k
04-17-2009, 01:59 PM
Now the front office is just screwing with Donovan.

"Hey Donovan, you want more playmakers? Well how bout this - we'll trade every good player on the team, get rid of our first round pick for an overrated offensive lineman, and completely ignore the fact that Anquan Boldin is available. Sound good?"

IronMexican
04-17-2009, 02:08 PM
They do still have a first rounder. And Arizona is asking for a first and third. I could see them still going after Boldin.

JMarkJohns
04-17-2009, 03:02 PM
They do still have a first rounder. And Arizona is asking for a first and third. I could see them still going after Boldin.

The trade is the easy part. Remember, the only reason Boldin is complaining is his salary. You trade for Boldin, it better be with the understanding that you'll need to extend him for big bucks in the 8-10 per range.

I think by acquiring an offensive lineman that requires a large extension the Eagles will now be content to draft a WR in the 1st/2nd round.

IronMexican
04-17-2009, 03:22 PM
Just saying it's possible for the Eagles to trade for Boldin. Obviously the contract is the reason a lot of teams wont trade for him.

dimsah
04-17-2009, 03:51 PM
Eagles have a lot of cap room so extensions for Peters and Boldin could both be done but I doubt they would give up another couple of picks for Boldin now since it would leave them with only 1 first day pick.

JudynTX
04-17-2009, 04:06 PM
We need a damn WR!!!! :bang

gaKNOW!blee
04-17-2009, 04:32 PM
Peters gave up more sacks than anyone in the league last year and missed 3 games. I say good riddance. I just wish they couldve gotten the 21st instead of the 28th.

That way they couldve went Oher/Pettigrew, however there is no way Pettigrew falls to 28.

monosylab1k
04-17-2009, 04:38 PM
Eagles have a lot of cap room so extensions for Peters and Boldin could both be done but I doubt they would give up another couple of picks for Boldin now since it would leave them with only 1 first day pick.

They still have Donovan to keep happy money-wise. With this stupid trade, there isn't enough to go around if they plan on getting Boldin too. Which they aren't.

stretch
04-17-2009, 04:55 PM
They still have Donovan to keep happy money-wise. With this stupid trade, there isn't enough to go around if they plan on getting Boldin too. Which they aren't.

As much money as Donovan has made, and knowing he doesnt have much time left, I'm sure he is more than likely willing to restructure his contract.

But yeah, this does not seem like the smartest trade right now.

monosylab1k
04-17-2009, 05:02 PM
As much money as Donovan has made, and knowing he doesnt have much time left, I'm sure he is more than likely willing to restructure his contract.

I think he'd rather just be traded to a team with a better chance of winning if it came down to that.

I know he's got his faults, but Donovan is still a great quarterback, and it's freaking inexcusable that he's getting treated like this by management. On top of that, the Philly fans treat him like shit too. I've never seen a player who does so much for a team and a city be so underappreciated.

IronMexican
04-17-2009, 05:14 PM
Philly fans don't deserve McNabb.

jack sommerset
04-17-2009, 05:34 PM
Eagles are the Eagles. They won't win a Super Bowl. Its all about Donavan and his window is closing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fillmoe
04-17-2009, 06:38 PM
whos the bitch in your sig

Borosai
04-17-2009, 08:57 PM
I'm happy.

In addition to holding out and hurting the team last year, he just wasn't very good during the season. He's a selfish player who overvalues himself, but as usual, there's someone out there willing to bite. Good for the Eagles if he plays well again next year, but making him the highest paid LT is not smart.

I just hope the Bills use the draft pick wisely.

IronMexican
04-17-2009, 09:23 PM
ESPN is shit as usual. They acted like the Bills are going to miss Peters. I seriously need NFL Network back. I can't take it much longer.

NewJerSpur
04-17-2009, 09:24 PM
The Eagles better be able to work something out with this guy's contract otherwise this is a SERIOUS waste. Still counting the days 'til Donovan bounces.

JudynTX
04-18-2009, 12:35 PM
Philly fans don't deserve McNabb.

I have to agree.

mardigan
04-18-2009, 03:33 PM
Peters hits $60 million jackpot in Philly

April 17, 2009 11:32 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's Tim Graham

Pro Bowl left tackle Jason Peters and the Philadelphia Eagles have agreed to terms on a new contract that will give him $53 million in new money over an additional four years, ESPN's John Clayton and Len Pasquarelli report.

That makes Peters the highest-paid offensive lineman in NFL history, surpassing the deal the Miami Dolphins awarded No. 1 draft choice Jake Long one year ago.

"Jason Peters is the best left tackle in football," Eagles coach Andy Reid said. "He is a powerful and athletic tackle, and I have admired this player over the last few years on film."

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nflnation

IronMexican
04-18-2009, 03:45 PM
Eagles front office must be run by idiots.

NewJerSpur
04-18-2009, 05:38 PM

Pro Bowl left tackle Jason Peters and the Philadelphia Eagles have agreed to terms on a new contract that will give him $53 million in new money over an additional four years, ESPN's John Clayton and Len Pasquarelli report.

That makes Peters the highest-paid offensive lineman in NFL history, surpassing the deal the Miami Dolphins awarded No. 1 draft choice Jake Long one year ago.

"Jason Peters is the best left tackle in football," Eagles coach Andy Reid said. "He is a powerful and athletic tackle, and I have admired this player over the last few years on film."

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaamn!!! Yeah, I know he's not likely to see it all, but still: daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.......

Borosai
04-18-2009, 05:38 PM
Yikes. Greedy motherfucker.

JudynTX
04-19-2009, 11:00 AM

:rolleyes I hope the Eagles know what they are doing. I have a feeling we aren't going to draft anyone worth while this year who can help the team RIGHT NOW. sigh

Biggems
04-19-2009, 05:35 PM
I'm happy.

In addition to holding out and hurting the team last year, he just wasn't very good during the season. He's a selfish player who overvalues himself, but as usual, there's someone out there willing to bite. Good for the Eagles if he plays well again next year, but making him the highest paid LT is not smart.

I just hope the Bills use the draft pick wisely.

maybe they can draft JP Losman pt 2

Borosai
04-19-2009, 06:21 PM

:lol --> :( --> :nope

IronMexican
04-19-2009, 06:35 PM

That really didn't make sense to me. Why are they going to draft another QB when they have Trent Edwards?

monosylab1k
04-19-2009, 07:26 PM
That really didn't make sense to me. Why are they going to draft another QB when they have Trent Edwards?

Makes no sense if they're completely sold on Trent and his half of a good season.

gaKNOW!blee
04-19-2009, 08:00 PM
Edwards will be better this year. Whoever plays LT probably wont give up 11.5 sacks in just 13 starts, and he actually has another receiver capable of making plays.

IronMexican
04-19-2009, 08:01 PM
The Bills will be a much better squad this year. And like gaknowblee said, they can get a real LT now. Maybe they could trade up for Eugene Monroe?