PDA

View Full Version : The Unusuals - Anyone Else Watching This?

spurs_fan_in_exile
04-17-2009, 03:17 PM
It's on ABC, Wednesdays at 9 central. It's like NYPD Blue on crack. It's a cop show that follows a squad of detectives with every personality defect imaginable. There's a lot of humor, and the cast is awesome. Adam Goldberg ("The Hebrew Hammer") and Harold Perrineau (Mercutio from "Romeo and Juliet") in particular steal the show. Somehow they manage to bring the humor out of playing a terminally ill, borderline suicidal cop and a cop so scared that he'll die within the next year that he never takes off his bulletproof vest.

It fills my need for an offbeat cop show now that Life is done for the year (but hopefully not for good. I hope, I hope, I hope...) Anyways, it's a damn good show. You should check it out.

JudynTX
04-17-2009, 03:21 PM
I watched a little bit of the first episode, Harold Perrineau is from LOST. :tu

ashbeeigh
04-17-2009, 03:22 PM
I watch it because I love Amber Tamblyn or whatever the heck her name is. I missed this past week's episode because of the Spurs game, but at some point this weekend I'll catch it online.

I liked the one episode that I did see. It developed very quickly and has real potential.

jaffies
04-17-2009, 03:29 PM
Very good show.
I started watching as it was right after LOST, and it is now on my TiVo recording schedule. The other show that was on after LOST was Life on Mars, and that kinda sucked, oh, and the ending reeaaallly sucked.
Adam Goldberg is the shit, BTW.

and Harold Perrineau (Mercutio from "Romeo and Juliet")

Did you do this on purpose? :nope :lol

spurs_fan_in_exile
04-17-2009, 03:34 PM
Did you do this on purpose? :nope :lol

Actually I don't watch Lost. That's honestly what I recognized that guy from.

desflood
04-17-2009, 03:42 PM
I really like this show. Being an Adam Goldberg fan from way back, it's going to suck when (inevitably) they kill him off.

FaithInOne
04-17-2009, 04:07 PM
I'm usually too depressed after yet another empty pointless Lost episode that I drink myself into a comma by the time 9:10 rolls around.

:bking

King
04-17-2009, 04:17 PM
I'm usually too depressed after yet another empty pointless Lost episode that I drink myself into a comma by the time 9:10 rolls around.

:bking

Be careful, dude. Drinking yourself into any kind of punctuation is frightening.

Mugshot
04-17-2009, 04:38 PM
Be careful, dude. Drinking yourself into any kind of punctuation is frightening.

:lol

FaithInOne
04-17-2009, 06:59 PM
lol I figured that wasn't the right spelling, oh well.

Time to go exclamation point the night :depressed

monosylab1k
04-17-2009, 07:00 PM
Amber Tamblyn's good enough for a poke.

exstatic
04-17-2009, 08:43 PM
Cool show. I think they're working up a sort of Phenomenon thing with the terminally ill cop with the brain tumor. When the bad guy got the drop on him with the shotgun, it left a powder burn outline on the wall behind him, but he didn't take even one piece of shot. He also may have stopped that subway.

exstatic
04-22-2009, 10:01 PM
A crimeslut...a zombie...a stakeout date.

'Tasty stuff.

CuckingFunt
05-06-2009, 02:11 PM
It fills my need for an offbeat cop show now that Life is done for the year (but hopefully not for good. I hope, I hope, I hope...)

Fucking jerkface bastards (http://www.aintitcool.com/node/40975).

spurs_fan_in_exile
05-06-2009, 02:14 PM
fucking jerkface bastards (http://www.aintitcool.com/node/40975).

Son of a fucking bitch! Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck!!!!!!!!

BacktoBasics
05-06-2009, 02:46 PM
Great show. First episode was so-so and I gave it another chance. Now I'm hooked.

BacktoBasics
05-22-2009, 12:32 PM
Fuck's sake. This show was canceled. So was The Sarah Connor Chronicles which I liked.

spurs_fan_in_exile
05-22-2009, 12:58 PM
Well that sucks ass. Looks like my marketing power is less than I initially believed. Easjer and I were just talking last night about how any drama we get in on the ground floor for is destined for failure. Never watched an episode of Lost, Grey's Anatomy, or any of the various CSI's. Life, Jericho, The Unusuals? Gone. My lone bright spot on my TV is Burn Notice starting up in two weeks.

exstatic
05-22-2009, 09:10 PM
Fuck, that was a quick hook. They had what, four whole episodes? They should have just showed re-runs of "Life" until summer, and then brought this on as a summer replacement. They seem to give those shows more of a chance.