PDA

View Full Version : Duncan will have a good series

jlpittsley
04-17-2009, 03:34 PM
Duncan is looking better and I think the media is missing this subtle trend. If you watched the Hornets game you might have noticed that he was a little quicker on his feet. Furthermore, the shots Timmy missed were very, very close to going in the hoop. I always look for that in Duncan. Over the last month his shots have been off target by miles. But these past few games have been different. Duncan was inches away from being 11/12. A few weeks ago he was feet from getting close to that.

The Mavs can't guard Duncan. They're going to fly through fouls in an attempt to stop him. I think the spurs are going to start going to Tim early each game; Similar to how the Rockets feed Yao early each game.

Dirk is still unguardable when he plays the Spurs. But the media has failed to notice that Tim's ailing knees are not and sore and his shot is staring to focus.

Am I wrong? Am I a nuts Spurs fan looking for nonexistent hope?

ElNono
04-17-2009, 03:43 PM
He started to show significant progress in the Golden State game, I thought.
While I understand that his problem could rear it's ugly head at any given day, I just haven't seen him as bad as he was in the Portland game since. It's pretty obvious that resting between games is very important for him, that's why I'm glad we're playing another texas team, and avoiding long trips.

duncan228
04-17-2009, 03:47 PM
I was cautiously optomistic about Duncan being able to rise as the season was ending, watching him Wednesday gave me a boost. It seems like rest helps his knees, the Playoff schedule works in his favor.

One thing is certain about Tim Duncan in the Playoffs. This is his time of year. He will leave it all on the court, give his team everything he has. He looked great in the overtime, his footwork and timing were back. So was the fire in his eyes. If that's where he's at it bodes well for the Spurs.

I believe in Duncan, I always have.