04-17-2009, 03:42 PM
and jason kidd will whoop his head in

stretch
04-17-2009, 03:48 PM
:tu

a good thread by beefanus for once

duncan228
04-17-2009, 03:56 PM
Tony Parker presents the biggest problems for Mavs (http://mavsblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2009/04/tony-parker-presents-the-biggest-problem.html)
Tim MacMahon
Dallas Morning News

You can make the case that Tim Duncan has been the NBA's most dominant player during the last dozen years. But Tony Parker is the Spurs that should most concern the Mavs entering this playoff series.

"He's been killing us," Dirk said of Parker, who averaged 31.3 points in four games against the Mavs this season, more than he did against any team other than Minnesota.

Parker's production during the season series:

Mavs 98, Spurs 81 -- 22 points, 8-15 FG, 3 assists

Spurs 133, Mavs 126 (OT) -- 29 points, 12-25 FG, 10 assists

Spurs 92, Mavs 76 -- 37 points, 15-32 FG, 12 assists

Mavs 107, Spurs 102 -- 37 points, 15-25, 4 assists

Notice a trend? Parker is going to get his points. The Mavs can't let him get his teammates involved, too.

Easier said than done, of course. And it's not just about limiting Duncan. Remember that Parker's biggest night against the Mavs came with Duncan joining Manu Ginobili on the bench in street clothes.

The Mavs won't have a simple solution for slowing down Parker, one of a handful of lightning-quick point guard who put up huge numbers against Jason Kidd and Co. this season (http://mavsblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2009/03/young-quick-point-guards-make-jason-kidd.html).

Kidd will have to guard Parker some, but Kidd is better suited to defend wings, especially when he's playing with a small backcourt partner like Jason Terry or J.J. Barea. Those two guys will have to take their turns. So will Antoine Wright. Maybe Josh Howard, too. They'll double-team him on occasion to try to force the ball out of his hands. And the Mavs will mix in some zone.

"We tried several different things," Rick Carlisle said. "He's an extremely difficult matchup. He might be the quickest point guard, he and Chris Paul. He's a great player.

"We're going to have to have multiple things ready and multiple players ready to guard him. You know, it's a challenge. It's a great challenge."

Bob Lanier
04-17-2009, 04:02 PM
Dallas is probably going to win the series, but whichever woman is with Kidd these days will come out of it in Mavs colors.

beefanus
04-17-2009, 04:17 PM
thank you stretch, just speadin the truth!

sonic21
04-17-2009, 04:17 PM
barea will own tony too

xtremesteven33
04-17-2009, 04:33 PM
Jason Kidd is the greatest of all time

Obstructed_View
04-17-2009, 04:48 PM
Dallas is probably going to win the series, but whichever woman is with Kidd these days will come out of it in Mavs colors.

And with a mustache.

baseline bum
04-17-2009, 05:11 PM
Spurs have no hope against the second-best player in the league.

Muser
04-17-2009, 05:12 PM
Kwame Brown is the best number 1 pick.

Chris
04-17-2009, 05:14 PM
Another hard hitting take from the forum's resident douchebag.

DeadlyDynasty
04-17-2009, 05:16 PM

:lmao

Bukefal
04-17-2009, 05:31 PM

:lmao keeep keeep dreaminggggg

Strike
04-17-2009, 05:37 PM

Do you find it hard being you? I mean, how are you even able to flip a light switch without getting confused?

redzero
04-17-2009, 05:40 PM
Jason should try to flip Tony like he did Jannero Pargo.

vtMpuQfqfag

Brazil
04-17-2009, 05:43 PM
The mavs are the only serious contenders this year: mavs with 3 consecutive 4-0 before defeating the cavs in 5.

poop
04-17-2009, 05:52 PM
im sure tony is shaking in his boots.

Spursmania
04-17-2009, 05:55 PM
Mavs are the best man. We might as well just go home. That Barea and Kidd are just going to whoop ass on Tony. I mean I don't even know how we think we can compete with such an elite team as the boys in blue. With Cuban as the owner I'm surprised they don't have more than their 06 Championship. I don't think the Spurs can sleep at night becasue of how afraid they are of the ass whooping the Mavs are going to give them. I mean Duncan, who's Duncan-come on. Mavs should sweep this series. Then they will go on to win the Championship, of course. This will be their 2nd.

Rogue
04-17-2009, 06:51 PM
Jason Kidd is the greatest of all time
exactly :toast

Rogue
04-17-2009, 06:55 PM
Mavs are the best man. We might as well just go home. That Barea and Kidd are just going to whoop ass on Tony. I mean I don't even know how we think we can compete with such an elite team as the boys in blue. With Cuban as the owner I'm surprised they don't have more than their 06 Championship. I don't think the Spurs can sleep at night becasue of how afraid they are of the ass whooping the Mavs are going to give them. I mean Duncan, who's Duncan-come on. Mavs should sweep this series. Then they will go on to win the Championship, of course. This will be their 2nd.
thanks a bunch, just what I'm thinking. the spurs are also a elite team that deserves some basic respect, so I don't our boys in blue will give them a 4-0 sweep. 4-2 seems more acceptable to the spurs IMHO.

Nash2TimeMVp
04-17-2009, 06:59 PM
Pretty much. Parker can't pass all that well, he has always had low assist numbers. Not to mention the fact he is a ball hog and he has no outside jumper and if you knock him on his ass he is useless because then he can't make his layups. I mean anybody can make layups, not that hard to do.

dirk4mvp
04-17-2009, 07:06 PM
Jason should try to flip Tony like he did Jannero Pargo.

vtMpuQfqfag

I know you probably posted this to make people think less of Kidd, but Pargo is pretty much a faggot.

Mugen
04-17-2009, 07:06 PM
Pretty much. Parker can't pass all that well, he has always had low assist numbers. Not to mention the fact he is a ball hog and he has no outside jumper and if you knock him on his ass he is useless because then he can't make his layups. I mean anybody can make layups, not that hard to do.

you should just edit this into saying: "I've never seen a spurs/suns game in my life nor have i actually ever even seen a spurs game this year. Sorry for talking out of my ass."

Nash2TimeMVp
04-17-2009, 07:08 PM
you should just edit this into saying: "I've never seen a spurs/suns game in my life nor have i actually ever even seen a spurs game this year. Sorry for talking out of my ass."
Sorry not nash's fault that phoneix can't make a good roster around him to beat the Spurs. Nash >> TP

TheManFromAcme
04-17-2009, 07:08 PM

.....and Ozzy Osbourne sings Gospel Music.

Mugen
04-17-2009, 07:11 PM
Sorry not nash's fault that phoneix can't make a good roster around him to beat the Spurs. Nash >> TP

tony has a pretty damn good outside jumper now and he gets knocked on his ass pretty much every game, doesn't stop him from still attacking the basket. But keep acting like you've seen him play this year.

Spursfan092120
04-17-2009, 07:17 PM
lol 2003
lol Kidd
lol loser

Spursfan092120
04-17-2009, 07:19 PM
Dude..I've been pretty impressed by you so far..you've been pretty knowledgeable. But seriously...Tony owns Nash..period. That's why they always put Barbosa on him. In his prime, Nash may have been better, but Tony hasn't hit his prime yet.

redzero
04-17-2009, 07:19 PM
Chris Paul is better than Nash, Parker, and Kidd combined. Let's just leave it at that.

Nash2TimeMVp
04-17-2009, 07:21 PM
Dude..I've been pretty impressed by you so far..you've been pretty knowledgeable. But seriously...Tony owns Nash..period. That's why they always put Barbosa on him. In his prime, Nash may have been better, but Tony hasn't hit his prime yet.
Go and look at there career averages and stats, mvps, all star and all nba team selections. And when Tony is near those than we can talk about Nash and tony.

redzero
04-17-2009, 07:23 PM
Go and look at there career averages and stats, mvps, all star and all nba team selections. And when Tony is near those than we can talk about Nash and tony.

How many rings and Finals MVPs does Nash have? The same amount as Dirk--his butt buddy.

Spursfan092120
04-17-2009, 07:25 PM
Dude..seriously...head to head, Tony waxes him every time. It's not even a contest.

Nash2TimeMVp
04-17-2009, 07:26 PM
How many rings and Finals MVPs does Nash have? The same amount as Dirk--his butt buddy.
Everyone outside Spur fandom and the occasional moron knows that the true MVP of the cavss and spurs series was Tim Duncan. Tim duncan was worth much more in that series than Tony, take away TD and the spurs would have been in trouble. The reason tony has 3 rings is because he plays with tim ducnan that's why. nash always is struck with shit teams and shit role players. and we're not talking about rings anyway so why bring it up we are talking about individual performances/stats.

also then i guess tony is > cp3 because how many rings and final mvp's does cp3 have? oh wait none just like hsi butt buddy david west. fail logic

Nash2TimeMVp
04-17-2009, 07:30 PM
Dude..seriously...head to head, Tony waxes him every time. It's not even a contest.
go look at the stats of both in the PO matchup in 2005 and 2007 and 2008 and you will see that nash has the advantage.

ElNono
04-17-2009, 07:32 PM
Nash hasn't seen much of Parker because every time they play he only sees a blur...

redzero
04-17-2009, 07:39 PM
Everyone outside Spur fandom and the occasional moron knows that the true MVP of the cavss and spurs series was Tim Duncan. Tim duncan was worth much more in that series than Tony, take away TD and the spurs would have been in trouble. The reason tony has 3 rings is because he plays with tim ducnan that's why. nash always is struck with shit teams and shit role players. and we're not talking about rings anyway so why bring it up we are talking about individual performances/stats.

also then i guess tony is > cp3 because how many rings and final mvp's does cp3 have? oh wait none just like hsi butt buddy david west. fail logic

I'm just using accolades to determine merit--just like you.

Nash2TimeMVp
04-17-2009, 07:45 PM
sorry final mvps and rings are not being factored in here. then in that case:

Tony Parker > Nash > Deron Williams > Jordan Faramar > Chris Paul

Because Tony parkerhas more rings than cp2

ElNono
04-17-2009, 07:46 PM
sorry final mvps and rings are not being factored in here. then in that case:

Tony Parker > Nash > Deron Williams > Jordan Faramar > Chris Paul

Because Tony parkerhas more rings than cp2

About time you caught on...

Nash2TimeMVp
04-17-2009, 07:49 PM
About time you caught on...
yeah but if you take out rings then it goes like this for the players who play PG better:

Steve Nash > TP > Williams > Billups > Kidd > Wade > Shaq > the bones of wilt chamberlain > chris paul

Borosai
04-17-2009, 08:12 PM
Tony Parker just took a hot shit in your pillow case. Sweet dreams.

Morg1411
04-17-2009, 11:26 PM
yeah but if you take out rings then it goes like this for the players who play PG better:

Steve Nash > TP > Williams > Billups > Kidd > Wade > Shaq > the bones of wilt chamberlain > chris paul

You couldn't be a bigger tool if you tried.

spursfan1000
04-18-2009, 12:02 AM
Do you call a player who averages 22 points, 7 asists, 3 rebounds, and shoots .502 FG % for the season overrated? I think not but if your a mavs fan id say you think that.

ducks
04-26-2009, 10:55 PM
no