PDA

View Full Version : Take it for what it's worth, but hoopsworld reports Mcgrady to return sooner

Artest93
04-17-2009, 05:24 PM
"When it was first announced that Tracy McGrady was having microfracture knee surgery, it was widely believed that his career - at least as a Houston Rocket (http://spurstalk.com/forums/#) - was over. After all, this particular kind of knee surgery comes with a lengthy rehabilitation process. It took Chris Webber eight months to come back, but he was never the same player.

More recent recipients - Amar'e Stoudemire and Greg Oden - took a full year to recover from the surgery, and with better results.
It made sense, then, to believe McGrady, an older player without the strong offseason work ethic that leads often leads to shortened recovery times, was essentially finished. He had the surgery in mid-February, which would put him back in uniform more than half way through the 2009-10 season in a best-case scenario. As it turns out, the Rockets are hoping to have him back much sooner than that.

HOOPSWORLD had a chance to catch up with Rockets trainer (and Senior VP of Basketball Operations) Keith Jones yesterday, and he said the nature of McGrady's surgery was much more limited in scope than that of Stoudemire or Oden. The area receiving treatment was much smaller, and therefore the recovery time is shorter. Jones was hesitant to give us a timetable, but he did say he thought McGrady would be back well before the mid-season projections."

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=12300

timvp
04-17-2009, 05:27 PM
That's what they say after every microfracture. It's always "much more limited" than the previous examples.

sook
04-17-2009, 05:32 PM
come back soon tracy!!!!

TwinTowers
04-17-2009, 06:04 PM
I hope T-Mac comes back soon; he has been a great player in this league. On the fun side, he must be the Blazers #1 fan right now... If the Rox win a PO series w/out him after so many disappointments in past first rounds, he would be the greatest failure if playoff history

DaDakota
04-17-2009, 06:17 PM
John Stockton had the same surgery as Tmac and he was back in about 2 months....so Tmac has a chance.

DD

Hemotivo
04-17-2009, 06:48 PM
:bang

Obstructed_View
04-17-2009, 06:48 PM
Cool. Too bad he won't be back just in time to not make it to the second round this year.

Roxsfan
04-17-2009, 06:55 PM
Cool. Too bad he won't be back just in time to not make it to the second round this year.

too bad manu won't be back in time to not make it out of the first round too motherfuckers say hey, ho.............Hi...ohhhh:lmao

Artest93
04-17-2009, 07:01 PM
I hope T-Mac comes back soon; he has been a great player in this league. On the fun side, he must be the Blazers #1 fan right now... If the Rox win a PO series w/out him after so many disappointments in past first rounds, he would be the greatest failure if playoff history

If the rockets advance to the 2nd round mcgrady is going to have a nervous breakdown

Obstructed_View
04-17-2009, 07:08 PM
too bad manu won't be back in time to not make it out of the first round too motherfuckers say hey, ho.............Hi...ohhhh:lmao

Difference is, the Spurs would get out of the first round if Manu were there. If nothing else, Manu has never told the media how good it feels to be in the second round before his team closed out the series. :lol

Silky Johnson
04-17-2009, 07:15 PM

Son you need to take some lessons from the Time Haters. That insult was as ugly and retarded as Buck Nasty's mama.

Roxsfan
04-18-2009, 12:38 AM
Son you need to take some lessons from the Time Haters. That insult was as ugly and retarded as Buck Nasty's mama.

fuck off noob.

Spursfan092120
04-18-2009, 12:40 AM
LOL...and your Rockets are praying they DON'T make it out of the first round to get demoralized by the Lakers...

Roxsfan
04-18-2009, 12:45 AM
LOL...and your Rockets are praying they DON'T make it out of the first round to get demoralized by the Lakers...

Yeah that's it dumb ass. Shut yo ass puto.

KSeal
04-18-2009, 12:48 AM

Who cares if they might lose in the next round, at least they would have gotten out of the first round for the first time in 12 years. That's an accomplishment unto itself for them and something to build on for next year.

Indazone
04-18-2009, 12:49 AM
All we can do is hope the Jazz slow the Lakers down enough for us to have a good chance at them. We need to take the Blazers out fast and hope the Jazz can take the Lakers to 7 games. Otherwise it will be ugly for us. That is if we can get past the Blazers.

lil_penny
04-18-2009, 12:53 AM
ok as a blazer fan i really feel like a bitch for saying this lol.. but if we lose.... i could see Mcgrady in the locker room before game 1 in L.A.... "alright im all better and ready to play guys we did it, we advanced to the 2nd round.. now lets go get those lakers!!!!":lol

Rogue
04-18-2009, 12:54 AM
come back soon tracy!!!!
yeah, I hope he will come back even before the postseason begins, then he will take the blame again after the rockets exits the first round for the 3rd consecutive time. :lol

Rogue
04-18-2009, 12:56 AM
All we can do is hope the Jazz slow the Lakers down enough for us to have a good chance at them. We need to take the Blazers out fast and hope the Jazz can take the Lakers to 7 games. Otherwise it will be ugly for us. That is if we can get past the Blazers.
it's meaningless for rockets to plan on the second round as they won't survive that long to get there, I sincerely hope the rockets will make it though.

NewJerSpur
04-18-2009, 01:05 AM
Doesn't he always come back [too] soon?

Trainwreck2100
04-18-2009, 01:12 AM
it IS hoopsworld, so he'll prob end up retiring

Tracy McGrady
04-18-2009, 01:22 AM
I'm coming back better than ever!!

exstatic
04-18-2009, 10:11 AM
John Stockton had the same surgery as Tmac and he was back in about 2 months....so Tmac has a chance.

DD

John Stockton was a warrior. TMac is a vajayjay.

GuerillaBlack
04-18-2009, 10:17 AM
ok as a blazer fan i really feel like a bitch for saying this lol.. but if we lose.... i could see Mcgrady in the locker room before game 1 in L.A.... "alright im all better and ready to play guys we did it, we advanced to the 2nd round.. now lets go get those lakers!!!!":lol

I bet money this would happen! :lmao

Rogue
04-18-2009, 10:40 AM
I'm coming back better than ever!!
thanks for replacing yao to take the blame. :toast like what you did in the past two seasons. I really hope you can come back before the rockets get their asses kicked out of the postseason, son you have got to take the blame for one more time in order to keep yao clean. God bless...