PDA

View Full Version : No Thread About the Nuggets/Hornets Series?

NewJerSpur
04-17-2009, 09:10 PM
Well?

BUMP
04-17-2009, 09:12 PM
I dont think Denver will be ready for the playoffs.

They dont do the little things well, they are built to be a great regular season team but imo they will be exposed in the playoffs. should be a pretty fun series regardless but NO in 5

Ghazi
04-17-2009, 09:18 PM
I dont think Denver will be ready for the playoffs.

They dont do the little things well, they are built to be a great regular season team but imo they will be exposed in the playoffs. should be a pretty fun series regardless but NO in 5

BUMP, you're better than that. :hat

NewJerSpur
04-17-2009, 09:19 PM
A lot is going to rest on Chandler's health (if he's grounded no more alley-oops from CP3 which has been their bread and butter) and the backup PG play from the Hornet's bench, which has been spotty in my opinion without Pargo.

Denver is scary from the standpoint they have a crafty defensive stopper at the rim in Anderson and finally have some veteran PG play in Billups who knows when to take a game over if things get out of hand as things have in recent history with the version of the Nuggets even more undisciplined than this team. On top of that, NeNe is ready to go this year.

Ghazi
04-17-2009, 09:22 PM
New Orleans is fucking terrible. Probably the 15th best team in the league.

I will be shocked if the Nuggets lose this series, I expect them to roll in 5.

Mark Jackson
04-17-2009, 09:26 PM
When I look at this series, I look at the battle of the little guys, the point guards.

You have arguably the best point guard in the game in Chris Paul, and old reliable, Finals MVP, Chauncey Billups.

The x-factor in this series is Tyson Chandler. When healthy he can be a force. If I'm Chris Paul I just lob it up at the rim and say "Go get it big fella!"

Denver sure is loaded on the offensive end, but if I'm New Orleans, I have a superstar in Chris Paul. We're not scared of the Denver Nuggets.

BUMP
04-17-2009, 09:30 PM
Currrently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 4

BUMP, New JerSpur, Jeff Van Gundy, Allanon :lmao

Jeff Van Gundy
04-17-2009, 09:31 PM
I disagree Mark, Chris Paul might be the only good thing about the Hornets right now. It's not a one man team, just ask Kobe. There's a reason why the Hornets are in the 7th seed.

baseline bum
04-17-2009, 10:10 PM
New Orleans can't beat Denver, but I think either SA or Dallas will knock them out of the second round.

Morg1411
04-17-2009, 11:00 PM
Denver in 6.

Paul, though a fuckwit and a flopper, is also phenomenal player, and West is a killer when his game is on, but to say that the rest of the Hornets roster has failed to step up this season is an understatement.

There's no question that Denver has stumbled out of the Playoffs in years past, but with any luck Billups' stabilizing presence will help them roll over a slumping New Orleans squad. Melo, Nene, Smith and the Birdman have also been playing well as of late.

It comes down to a battle of inconsistency. Both Denver and New Orleans have had highly inconsistent seasons, but right now Denver looks like they have their shit together a lot better than NO does.

Denver will pull out in this one. Then they can lose to the Spurs in the semi-finals.

Pelicans78
04-17-2009, 11:18 PM
Spurs don't have enough fire power to beat Denver. Losing Manu was tremendous.

Pelicans78
04-17-2009, 11:20 PM
With the Royals pounding the Rangers 12-3, I'm not thinking too much about the series yet. I'm sure it will change Sunday night even though I'm working the night shift.

Rogue
04-17-2009, 11:22 PM
Spurs don't have enough fire power to beat Denver. Losing Manu was tremendous.
nope, the spurs don't have, but boys in blue do.

KSeal
04-17-2009, 11:24 PM

:toast

Pelicans78
04-17-2009, 11:29 PM

Yeah, I forgot you the Mavs swept Denver 4-0.

ElNono
04-17-2009, 11:31 PM
Nobody cares son. God bless! :toast

monosylab1k
04-17-2009, 11:34 PM
This might be the best series of the 1st round. I think both teams know that if Dallas somehow knocks out the Spurs, then whoever wins NO/Den basically has a wide open door to the WCF.

lil_penny
04-17-2009, 11:36 PM
Denver has one foot on the floor and the other in Cancun

Ghazi
04-17-2009, 11:36 PM
This might be the best series of the 1st round. I think both teams know that if Dallas somehow knocks out the Spurs, then whoever wins NO/Den basically has a wide open door to the WCF.

Oh COME on.

monosylab1k
04-17-2009, 11:41 PM
Oh COME on.

1-7 during the season against both teams.

Ghazi
04-17-2009, 11:47 PM
Meh

ElNono
04-17-2009, 11:48 PM
We did hand Denver an easy win when we sat our big 3 in the last game we played against them. And they almost blew it. The thing is, I honestly believe Karl shits on his pants when he sees Pop.
To be honest, unless JR scores 11 treys in a row, NO is winning that series.

monosylab1k
04-17-2009, 11:48 PM
Meh

great argument.

monosylab1k
04-17-2009, 11:49 PM
We did hand Denver an easy win when we sat our big 3 in the last game we played against them. And they almost blew it. The thing is, I honestly believe Karl shits on his pants when he sees Pop.
To be honest, unless JR scores 11 treys in a row, NO is winning that series.

I think SA has a decent chance against either team. Dallas, not so much. Especially if Chandler is back for the Hornets.

ElNono
04-17-2009, 11:50 PM
If Peja is hitting his treys and Chandler is back in shape I don't think we have enough. So I really want Denver to win, I just don't think they can pull it off.

BTW, Fuck the Mavs

Rogue
04-18-2009, 12:04 AM
Yeah, I forgot you the Mavs swept Denver 4-0.
it does't make any sense to equalize the postseason games to those of the regular season. just take a look at two examples of the past two seasons, rockets lost both of the series to Jazz who were not as good as them in regular season records.

Pelicans78
04-18-2009, 12:15 AM
it does't make any sense to equalize the postseason games to those of the regular season. just take a look at two examples of the past two seasons, rockets lost both of the series to Jazz who were not as good as them in regular season records.

The Rockets weren't healthy last season in the playoffs. Two years ago, they were better than Utah. They just choked game 7 away because Yao couldn't pull down a few rebounds against Boozer.

Rogue
04-18-2009, 12:18 AM
If Peja is hitting his treys and Chandler is back in shape I don't think we have enough. So I really want Denver to win, I just don't think they can pull it off.

BTW, Fuck the Mavs
Fuck you idiot, you'll also get banned if you fucking keep it up. Peja is the highest paid guy on hornets team but he is doing nothing to his team but shit. sons no matter which team wins that series, our boys in blue will surely end their trip in the second round and kick them out of the post season.

Pelicans78
04-18-2009, 12:21 AM
Fuck you idiot, you'll also get banned if you fucking keep it up. Peja is the highest paid guy on hornets team but he is doing nothing to his team but shit. sons no matter which team wins that series, our boys in blue will surely end their trip in the second round and kick them out of the post season.

If we are good enough to beat Denver in the first round, then I don't think we will have a problem winning in Dallas. Denver has alot more bullets offensively and defensively than the Mavs. You guys still don't have an answer for CP3.

Ghazi
04-18-2009, 12:24 AM
If having an answer for CP3 is a prerequisite for beating the Hornets, then I guess the Hornets are gonna storm to an NBA Championship?

Hornets aren't that fucking good.

Pelicans78
04-18-2009, 01:26 AM
If having an answer for CP3 is a prerequisite for beating the Hornets, then I guess the Hornets are gonna storm to an NBA Championship?

You're twisting my words. I'm strictly talking about the Mavs. My point is if we manage to get by Denver somehow, we should have no problem against the Mavs who are clearly inferior to the Nuggets. Plus the Mavs haven't found a way to stop CP3. No Hornets fans are afraid of the Mavs in a 7 game series. Denver is another issue. That's the point.

SpursDynasty
04-18-2009, 01:27 AM
This is probably the least interesting series in the West

BUMP
04-18-2009, 01:30 AM

easily sweeping Dallas is more interesting?

Pelicans78
04-18-2009, 01:31 AM

Really? CP3 against Billups? Sounds pretty interesting to me. SA-Dallas is nice if you live in Texas, but neither of the two would be expected to beat Denver in a 7 game series.

Tracy McGrady
04-18-2009, 01:33 AM
Fuck the Nuggets...I never liked that Kenyon Martin guy. 4-0 Hornets!

Bob Lanier
04-18-2009, 02:45 AM
2 flyover teams without a chance of winning the championship? :td

ginobili's bald spot
04-18-2009, 02:47 AM

I agree with SD on this one.

lil_penny
04-18-2009, 02:55 AM
I have to agree with both of you on that

Pelicans78
04-18-2009, 09:06 AM
The winner of this series will be the favorites to move into the WCF.

BRHornet45
04-18-2009, 09:27 AM

son yet we still EASILY own your pathetic ass team lol

ElNono
04-18-2009, 09:31 AM

No second round for you. Fuck you and your shitty team... God bless! :toast

Indazone
04-18-2009, 09:32 AM
1 post from Van Gundy? Weak

redzero
04-18-2009, 09:48 AM
Hornets in six, and that's being generous.

Pelicans78
04-18-2009, 10:26 AM
Hornets in six, and that's being generous.

I hope so. I'm just worried we're gonna wear out late in games due to their big advantage from the bench. Thankfully the games are spread out in the first round so it will give our guys alot of rest allowing them to play tons of minutes, and gives Chandler more days to rest the ankle.