PDA

View Full Version : Am I The Only One!!!!!!

CubanSucks
04-17-2009, 09:41 PM
who gets fuckin pissed whenever espn has on some rapper to give their "knowledge" and opinion? Just today they had on snoop dogg for absolutely no purpose but to comment on the top 10 NBA plays of the year as they were showing them. And recently they've had on lil wayne and bow wow on First & 10. WHY?!?!?! These dumbfucks don't know any more than the average fan. Watching them on espn is ALMOST as annoying as watching stephen a smith.

iilluzioN
04-17-2009, 09:44 PM
dude,

lil wayne is da shit! Weezy MOTHA FUCKA :lol

NewJerSpur
04-17-2009, 09:56 PM
The problem is they get corny guys on there who usually want to promote some whack project they are working on while ESPN wants to attract more of the casual sports fan by whatever means necessary.

Sisk
04-17-2009, 10:04 PM
who gets fuckin pissed whenever espn has on some rapper to give their "knowledge" and opinion? Just today they had on snoop dogg for absolutely no purpose but to comment on the top 10 NBA plays of the year as they were showing them. And recently they've had on lil wayne and bow wow on First & 10. WHY?!?!?! These dumbfucks don't know any more than the average fan. Watching them on espn is ALMOST as annoying as watching stephen a smith.

I completely agree with you

It was annoying and pointless - especially with all that ebonics crap he was throwing around and the announcers loving him for it

I'm just glad it didn't last long

The_Worlds_finest
04-17-2009, 10:04 PM
bizzle dizzle po pop dabble dobble my nephew

thOOdee
04-17-2009, 10:49 PM
bizzle dizzle po pop dabble dobble my nephew what did snoop do with your nephew!!!

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-18-2009, 12:17 AM
I didn't see this, but don't be dissin Snoop. Guy is a major NBA fan and can actually ball a little bit (at least for a skinny, chronic-smokin due he can :lol ).

Who cares anyway? A lot of fans around here understand the game better than many of the actual presenters on ESPN, so what's the difference?

raspsa
04-18-2009, 12:18 AM
If only he was a basketball fan, it would be great to have Simon Cowell as a color commentator LOL

CubanSucks
04-18-2009, 01:49 AM
I didn't see this, but don't be dissin Snoop. Guy is a major NBA fan and can actually ball a little bit (at least for a skinny, chronic-smokin due he can :lol ).

Who cares anyway? A lot of fans around here understand the game better than many of the actual presenters on ESPN, so what's the difference?

I guess it's just the fact that I recognize how all the black espn commentators and anchors all of a sudden become "ghetto" and how it's all just a quest for ratings while they try to play it off like they are doing us a favor and these rappers are all universally loved.

lefty
04-18-2009, 01:52 AM
Piddidipoops at hoops

NewJerSpur
04-18-2009, 01:59 AM
I guess it's just the fact that I recognize how all the black espn commentators and anchors all of a sudden become "ghetto" and how it's all just a quest for ratings while they try to play it off like they are doing us a favor and these rappers are all universally loved.

I don't mind the usage of slanguage (I hate the word ebonics myself) on these programs or even the anchor-folk loosening up a bit, as long as it's not overdone and clownish. But I'd rather them make time for more important segments with more informative guests than Snoop, Wayne, Bow Wow, (Fill In The Blank With Another Whack Act).

spursfan1000
04-18-2009, 02:02 AM
We should ask Michael Jackson who is going to win the championship lol.

NewJerSpur
04-18-2009, 02:03 AM
We should ask Michael Jackson who is going to win the championship lol.

Exaaaaaaaaaactly. :toast

twincam
04-18-2009, 08:41 AM
Ever since the mid-90s, the NBA and other major sports have thrown out the "love of the game" and entered the love of entertainment. Yes sports is supposed to be entertaining to watch, not network "entertainment". It's all about $$$$$$ and ratings, and not longer about the X's and O's in sports. That is long past. ESPN and other networks are all about the "James", "Bryants", "Wades", etc. They care nothing about the actual game...just the drama that is brought before us. That's just the way things have gone for society. Look at all the ridiculous network shows on titled, "Who wants to be a ....................", etc. Look at MTV and VH1, that has gone down the drain with shows that make no sense. It's no longer an audiences's world, it's all about the $$$$$$ and ratings for their own good.

If you all disagree...oh well.

arodz
04-18-2009, 11:27 AM
dude,

lil wayne is da shit! Weezy MOTHA FUCKA :lol

If you're into that bullshit music.

angel_luv
04-18-2009, 11:28 AM
If only he was a basketball fan, it would be great to have Simon Cowell as a color commentator LOL

:lol

Dro210
04-18-2009, 11:39 AM
Wayne has a blog on ESPN... He's at least a huge sports fan, he watches everything, and he has a pretty decent opinion on most of it. He's just too thrown in the game to be on TV bein serious like that tho... but the blog is good

Bow Wow was a joke, he was the average annoying fan that doesn't know shit but trys to sound like they know everything... not sure why he was on there.

Snoop was cool, it was a one time deal for an end of the season recap... and it was all about the new ESPN studio in LA, they've been promoting that like crazy... although I'm not sure why that's something that needs to be promoted.

ulosturedge
04-18-2009, 12:29 PM
It's all about the entertainment man. Yeah some of it doesn't really go well sometimes, but thats just how it is.

I read the interview in the Rolling Stones magazine with Lil Wayne and the guy is really into sports. It talks about how he had been pushing to have that blog with ESPN for a longtime, and ESPN just blew him off. Ofcourse now that he is mega famous they started ringing him up. Further the interview explained how he was a workaholic in the Studio. Thats one thing he did religiously everyday. The interviewer asked him if there was anything else he liked, hobbies, ect. He was telling Lil Wayne that at some point he would get tired of making music, and Wayne could only reply saying how he Loves sports and watches ESPN all the time.

If i hadn't have read the article I probably would have been absolutely siding with the OP. And It would be different if they got some Hollywood yuppies that don't know shit about sports, but this guy sounds like he follows it pretty seriously. And like I said in the end its all about the entertainment factor.

BlackBellamy
04-18-2009, 12:35 PM
Kinda reminds me of an even more insane example of people caring too much about what M.C.s think... when CNN interviewed Ja Rule to get his opinion after 9-11. Like we needed Ja Rule to make sense of it all. "I'm so confused right now, where's Ja!?!" -Dave Chapeezy

200 miles
04-18-2009, 03:19 PM

The act of wanting input from the most ridiculous celebrities is simply just a microcosm of what is wrong with today's society.

VBM
04-18-2009, 03:28 PM
I'd rather listen to Snoop in-studio than Nancy Lieberman on the sideline.

mookie2001
04-18-2009, 03:33 PM
espn had an entire show debating who was the nbas "torch bearer" lebron or kobe- whatever the hell that means
thats the definition of talking about nothing

its worse than when a conservative talkradio hosts goes on and on about how this nation is too politically correct

zero substance

the same network who during the 2005 holiday season had a 4 week, 20 part series in which they proclaimed the 05 usc trojans the greatest college football team of all time

its hilaRRious and thats why we watch

peskypesky
04-18-2009, 05:22 PM
The problem is they get corny guys on there who usually want to promote some whack project they are working on while ESPN wants to attract more of the casual sports fan by whatever means necessary.

:toast

NewJerSpur
04-18-2009, 05:26 PM
Thanky, thanky. I've learned to just turn the channel rather than get heated over it. Actually, before I came on to this site yeasterday, I woke up a bit dazed in the middle of Snoop being on ESPN and promptly went back to sleep....I thought the whole thing was a dream until I was reminded it actually happenend via this thread. :lol

ATXSPUR
04-18-2009, 05:27 PM
I'd rather listen to snoop than listen to people who are actually supposed to know shit sound like morons. And who cares about the ebonics? Get over yourself.

JohnnySixString
04-18-2009, 05:38 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v66/reaper_chevelle/128786422977526750.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v66/reaper_chevelle/1236756468467.jpg

NewJerSpur
04-18-2009, 05:41 PM
The Hip Hop industry is mighty jacked up from a creative standpoint and start on that decline in the mid-late '90s IMO, but everything comes back around. No comment on the Grammy's.

benefactor
04-18-2009, 05:43 PM
espn had an entire show debating who was the nbas "torch bearer" lebron or kobe- whatever the hell that means
thats the definition of talking about nothing

its worse than when a conservative talkradio hosts goes on and on about how this nation is too politically correct

zero substance

the same network who during the 2005 holiday season had a 4 week, 20 part series in which they proclaimed the 05 usc trojans the greatest college football team of all time

its hilaRRious and thats why we watch
I would actually like to own that....simply for comedic value.

benefactor
04-18-2009, 05:47 PM
The Hip Hop industry is mighty jacked up from a creative standpoint and start on that decline in the mid-late '90s IMO, but everything comes back around. No comment on the Grammy's.
Yeah..everything past the mid 90's is basically garbage. The early 90's is probably an era of rap music we will never see again. East/West coast both were pumping out some ground breaking stuff.

NewJerSpur
04-18-2009, 05:49 PM
Yeah..everything past the mid 90's is basically garbage. The early 90's is probably an era of rap music we will never see again. East/West coast both were pumping out some ground breaking stuff.

AAAAAAAAAmen. The problem is, the stuff is out there but it needs a platform to be seen/heard. Everything comes down to the media outlets that push this stuff, which is oddly enough kind of how this thread originated, lol.

SpursGirl21
04-18-2009, 06:09 PM
Sometimes RAP is good for the Spurs! :)

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/38183/09parker.jpg

NewJerSpur
04-18-2009, 06:11 PM
Why is his name red and black instead of silver and black....no loyalty. :depressed

ATXSPUR
04-18-2009, 06:33 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v66/reaper_chevelle/128786422977526750.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v66/reaper_chevelle/1236756468467.jpg

The grammy one is pretty much correct...but that's with every genre pretty much.

As for as the second one goes...I bet Rakim is better lyrically than almost anybody you like from any other genre.

NewJerSpur
04-18-2009, 06:36 PM
The grammy one is pretty much correct...but that's with every genre pretty much.

As for as the second one goes...I bet Rakim is better lyrically than almost anybody you like from any other genre.

:tu

Nice sig as well....hubba, hubba. :hat

JohnnySixString
04-18-2009, 07:33 PM

"""From the inner city to the suburbs, the street poet.
The most jiggiest kid with words, and peeps know it.
They've read about it and heard, plus t.v. show it.
So how do I reserve my swerve? I low pro it.
Now there eager to know just how deep the flow get.
I don't know yet, sometime the flow be so wet.""

""I ain't no joke, I use to let the mic smoke
Now I slam it when I'm done and make sure it's broke
When i'm gone I wrote this song cuz I won't let
Nobody press up and mess up to seen I set
I like to stand in a crowd and watch the people wonder damn
Bu think about it then you'll understand
I'm just an addict addicted to music
Maybe it's a habit, I gotta use it
Even if it's jazz or the quiet storm
I hook a beat up convert it in a hip-hop form"""

:lmao