PDA

View Full Version : Mashburn Says Jason Terry is Mavs Best Player

sribb43
04-17-2009, 09:42 PM
What a fuckin' moron...He said if you polled all the Gm's around the league that JET is the Mavs best player and he proceeds to say Dirk is just a 3pt shooting 7 footer.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=4077827

z0sa
04-17-2009, 09:46 PM
jason terry is the mavs' best nut puncher

Ghazi
04-17-2009, 09:51 PM
woooooooooow.

And calling Dirk a 7 foot 3 point shooter... Dirk hardly shoots 3's anymore, and he's not even that good at making them compared to 2-3 years ago.

JamStone
04-17-2009, 09:51 PM
It's been pretty obvious that Mashburn is an idiot even without this comment.

Brickhouse
04-17-2009, 09:55 PM
On the retard level, that even beats Hubie Brown's insight that the Mavs suck because Stackhouse isn't playing.

z0sa
04-17-2009, 09:57 PM
On the retard level, that even beats Hubie Brown's insight that the Mavs suck because Stackhouse isn't playing.

you're right, mavs blow regardless of stackhausen.

Hubie Brown
04-17-2009, 09:57 PM
I don't care what anyone says, when Jerry Stackhouse is on his game, he's one of the toughest guys to defend off the dribble.

Brickhouse
04-17-2009, 09:58 PM
you're right, mavs blow regardless of stackhausen.

And they'd suck even more if he were playing.

z0sa
04-17-2009, 09:59 PM
I don't care what anyone says, when Jerry Stackhouse is on his game, he's one of the toughest guys to defend off the dribble.

Care to explain the "finley is just a terrific defender" comment you made when James scorched him for 30 in the first half?

Brickhouse

:lol

BUMP

:lol

Ghazi
04-17-2009, 10:00 PM
Mavs do miss the 06-07 Stackhouse though.

Artest93
04-17-2009, 10:30 PM
Fuck what those bitches say on espn....Avery is ok, but the others suck...
Scott Pollard is the ideal NBA analyst

Findog
04-17-2009, 10:36 PM
Terry at times this year has been our second-best player, and you could certainly make the argument that he is our most clutch shooter and best closer. But you cannot plausibly claim he is our best player. I think these guys don't even believe the comments they make, they're just trying to stir shit up.

KSeal
04-17-2009, 10:43 PM
I think these guys don't even believe the comments they make, they're just trying to stir shit up.

So true, this is why I only watch bspn for the games and nothing else. They are a fucking joke of a network. Legler is the biggest douche bag moron ever.

mavs>spurs2
04-17-2009, 10:51 PM
Terry at times this year has been our second-best player, and you could certainly make the argument that he is our most clutch shooter and best closer. But you cannot plausibly claim he is our best player. I think these guys don't even believe the comments they make, they're just trying to stir shit up.

Agreed, except that he hasn't been our second best player "at times," he undeniably holds that title all the time. Im not sure how it played out in the end but for the longest time he was like 4th in the nba in 4th quarter fg's. Should have been an all star but got snubbed. Jamal Mashburn is just bitter because of what happened over a decade ago.

Rogue
04-17-2009, 11:12 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_3_J's

I assume it was toni braxton that concocted his feud and jealousy against Kidd and Jackson, and to the whole mavs team as well.

monosylab1k
04-17-2009, 11:29 PM
LOL he also says Kidd will guard Parker when we all know he's gonna take the SG and jet/wright will take Parker.

also, "JJ Barrera"

Mash is still bitter that the Mavs traded him away for what amounted to peanuts and were better off for it. It still pisses me off that Danilovic left after the season, I always thought he would be way better than Mashburn, especially with Nellie Ball.

ElNono
04-17-2009, 11:37 PM
Mashburn is to the Mavs what Greg Anthony is to the Spurs. A hating douchebag vagina.
Oh, I'm sorry, I'm not supposed to agree with the enemy.
Fuck the Mavs.

Holmes_Fans
04-17-2009, 11:55 PM
He is obviously right.

A guy shooting for 30 ppg and getting 8.8 rebounds is obviously just making 10 3's a game and getting 8.8 long rebounds because he is 7ft tall.

Jacob1983
04-17-2009, 11:56 PM
Did anyone see the part where it showed Jalen Rose talking but had Jamal Mashburn's name on the screen?

endrity
04-18-2009, 06:00 AM
Well disrespecting Dirk is the "it" thing in the NBA right now, by writers but that has affected most of the casual fans as well. Some of it is understandable after Golden State, but most of it it's not. To me, Dirk was never supposed to be the face guy for the NBA, even at his high 05-07 you could tell the media was uncomfortable covering some weird gym-introvert German whose game and life had no resemblance to the typical NBA superstar. So after the GS series, it was decided by everyone once and for all, Dirk is a choker and that's the story. Nobody even bothers to argue against that anymore, even though he has played pretty darn well the last two seasons, hit numerous game winners, was a machine against the Hornets, and did all of this while the team around him was disintegrating like salt in water.

Spurs fans should know this better than anyone for two reasons. They have always seen the great player that Dirk is in their numerous matchups. But most importantly, the coverage for Duncan is in many ways similiar. Even though the guy has been the best player of the last decade, his coverage is almost non-existant. If anything it seems to be like a nuisance to the media that they have to cover him, but they did because the Spurs were repeatetly winning. If the Spurs would have ever had a bad period, everybody would immediately forget about him. Actually they almost did during the Lakers 3peat. I still remember that going into the 03 playoffs the story was all about Kings and Lakers eventhough they were both playing worse than a year ago, and the Mavs and Spurs had dominated all season long, and the Spurs had in Parker and Ginobili two great wing players. It was almost shocking to the world when the Spurs eleminated them.

Sportstudi
04-18-2009, 07:40 AM
Well disrespecting Dirk is the "it" thing in the NBA right now, by writers but that has affected most of the casual fans as well. Some of it is understandable after Golden State, but most of it it's not. To me, Dirk was never supposed to be the face guy for the NBA, even at his high 05-07 you could tell the media was uncomfortable covering some weird gym-introvert German whose game and life had no resemblance to the typical NBA superstar. So after the GS series, it was decided by everyone once and for all, Dirk is a choker and that's the story. Nobody even bothers to argue against that anymore, even though he has played pretty darn well the last two seasons, hit numerous game winners, was a machine against the Hornets, and did all of this while the team around him was disintegrating like salt in water.

Spurs fans should know this better than anyone for two reasons. They have always seen the great player that Dirk is in their numerous matchups. But most importantly, the coverage for Duncan is in many ways similiar. Even though the guy has been the best player of the last decade, his coverage is almost non-existant. If anything it seems to be like a nuisance to the media that they have to cover him, but they did because the Spurs were repeatetly winning. If the Spurs would have ever had a bad period, everybody would immediately forget about him. Actually they almost did during the Lakers 3peat. I still remember that going into the 03 playoffs the story was all about Kings and Lakers eventhough they were both playing worse than a year ago, and the Mavs and Spurs had dominated all season long, and the Spurs had in Parker and Ginobili two great wing players. It was almost shocking to the world when the Spurs eleminated them.

:tu

Shank
04-18-2009, 08:35 AM
Black people call him Barrera regularly. Racists.

jack sommerset
04-18-2009, 09:05 AM
If you poll everyone in the league I think you will be suprise Jason Terry is the Mavs best player!?!? hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha ha

When you hear dumb shit like that I have to think Mashburn has some sort of axe to grind with Dirk.

Findog
04-18-2009, 09:21 AM
When you hear dumb shit like that I have to think Mashburn has some sort of axe to grind with Dirk.

I think he has more of an axe to grind with the Mavs organization for jettisoning him for what he likely considers to be trash.

rayray2k8
04-18-2009, 10:03 AM
I saw both the clip and ESPN's playoff previews and he almost said the same thing.
In the playoff preview Mash didn't say he was their best player, he said he was their
most important and would decide the series.
I agree on some levels, that if Terry plays well, he might be fatal
to the spurs.
Dirk IS a jump shooter by the way.

sribb43
04-18-2009, 10:06 AM
I saw both the clip and ESPN's playoff previews and he almost said the same thing.
In the playoff preview Mash didn't say he was their best player, he said he was their
most important and would decide the series.
I agree on some levels, that if Terry plays well, he might be fatal
to the spurs.
Dirk IS a jump shooter by the way.

big differnce between a jump shooter and a 3 point shooter

monosylab1k
04-18-2009, 01:30 PM
I think he has more of an axe to grind with the Mavs organization for jettisoning him for what he likely considers to be trash.

Danilovic/Finley/Ceballos > Jamal/Jason/Jimmy

too bad Sasha was a penis and went back to Europe.

Ronaldo McDonald
04-18-2009, 04:30 PM
Why are the hell are mash and the other guy so close to eachother in that video? I thought they were going to undress and make out at some point.

lebomb
04-18-2009, 04:31 PM
Thats fuckin stupid........... Dirk IS the Mavs