PDA

View Full Version : Parker= best finishing pg

duncan2k5
03-20-2005, 11:55 AM
ive ben arguing this on basketballboards.net. i really think he is. other players like AI and marbury are just flashy, bu they dont finish like tony

Jimcs50
03-20-2005, 11:57 AM
ive ben arguing this on basketballboards.net. i really think he is. other players like AI and marbury are just flashy, bu they dont finish like tony

In order to be a great finisher, you have to hit FTs.

Next!

duncan2k5
03-20-2005, 11:59 AM
shaq is a great finisher

maxpower
03-20-2005, 12:02 PM
I agree...I don't know that I've seen a player recently who goes to the hole, gets hit and makes the basket with a nice flip of the wrist. Parker of course.

Sec24Row7
03-20-2005, 12:03 PM
Shaq has led more fast breaks in the all star game than TP.

duncan2k5
03-20-2005, 12:09 PM
Shaq has led more fast breaks in the all star game than TP.
lol

Frenchise player
03-20-2005, 02:01 PM
Lebron James is a PG? Wade was one last year but he plays now SG.

ALVAREZ6
03-20-2005, 02:02 PM
Lebron James is a PG? Wade was one last year but he plays now SG.
Wade is without a doubt a PG.

Frenchise player
03-20-2005, 02:12 PM
Wade is maybee a PG, but he plays SG right now.
The same thing happened with AI, when they turned him into a SG, weren't you saying that he was more a PG?
Well, until this year, everyone considered him a SG, I think the same will happen with Wade, everyone remembers him as a PG because he played last year as one, but if he continues to play SG for one or two years, everyone will consider him as a SG.
Well, the only thing that changes is that Parker bacame a contender to be a top 3 PG and Ginobili has another player to compete for All-Team-NBA, is this anoying you Alvarez?

ALVAREZ6
03-20-2005, 02:27 PM
[QUOTE=Frenchise player]Wade is maybee a PG, but he plays SG right now.
The same thing happened with AI, when they turned him into a SG, weren't you saying that he was more a PG?
Well, until this year, everyone considered him a SG, I think the same will happen with Wade, everyone remembers him as a PG because he played last year as one, but if he continues to play SG for one or two years, everyone will consider him as a SG.
QUOTE]
Wade doesn't play SG, he plays PG as always.

AI was turned into a PG, not a SG.

You have everything backwards...

Do you think parker is a SG? :blah

Frenchise player
03-20-2005, 02:42 PM
AI played his first year as a PG, but maybee you weren't old enough to remember it?
I thought that you lived in Phily.
If you don't even remember that AI played PG, you won't remember either that Wade played PG.
Damon Jones is their PG, he always played PG in Milwaukee, Detroit or Vancouver.
Wade was defended by Bruce, do you think that POP would put Bruce on a Point Guard? Tony defended Nash, Kidd, Marbury and Francis, why would Pop put Bruce against Wade if he played PG?

BTW, You missed my point, you can't say someone is a point or a shooting guard nowadays, you can say that Parker plays PG or that Rose plays PF. What criteria do you use to call Wade a PG? The only thing I know is that Stan Van Guandy plays him as SG. Wade, AI and Parker are versatile players that can play both PG and SG.

MaNuMaNiAc
03-20-2005, 03:34 PM
Wade is maybee a PG, but he plays SG right now.
Well, the only thing that changes is that Parker bacame a contender to be a top 3 PG and Ginobili has another player to compete for All-Team-NBA, is this anoying you Alvarez?WTF does Manu have to do with anything in this discussion??? get a life

Frenchise player
03-20-2005, 03:59 PM
WTF does Manu have to do with anything in this discussion??? get a life
Absolutely nothing,
I must be a little paranoiac, I see IceColdBrewski behind every poster :lol

MaNuMaNiAc
03-20-2005, 04:06 PM
Absolutely nothing,
I must be a little paranoiac, I see IceColdBrewski behind every poster :lol
:lol :lol no prob

duncan2k5
03-20-2005, 09:18 PM
Dwayne wade has always been a SG (i think thats what he played at marquette), then turned into a PG in his first NBA year, then made a SG again. AI was a PG, then SG, then made a PG again. Lebron isnt a PG.

texbumTHElife
03-21-2005, 03:12 AM
LeBron played PG for a short stint the begining of his rookie season. Wade played point guard for the majority of his rookie seaosn but also played a lot of combo guard. This year Bron plays SG and SF exclusively. Wade starts at Sg with Damon Jones at PG. Wade rotates to PG very sparingly but is still very effective when doing so.

Back to the original topic I think Gilbert Arenas is the best finishing PG in the NBA. Tony spends a little too much time trying to draw contact IMO.