PDA

View Full Version : Sports Guy takes Dallas in 6

Findog
04-18-2009, 11:01 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/simmons/index

You can listen to the podcast on the right-hand side. Summary:

- he thinks it's a hard series to call, but at gunpoint he'll pick the Mavs in 6. Doesn't think the Mavs will be able to do anything to slow down Tony Parker. Really impressed with JET this year, says he's developed a killer instinct that hasn't always been there. Says one thing in defense of the Kidd trade is that the chemistry on the Mavs is much better now than last year under Avery, and the turning point seems to be Cuban calling the team out after the embarrassing loss to Methlahoma City. Thinks Duncan will need to be vintage Duncan and put up a monster series (25/17 average or something similar) for them to win four games, and he doesn't think Timmy has it in him. That said, they referenced the fact that the Spurs have a habit of proving doubters wrong and it's truly a tossup.

He also thinks the Lakers-Jazz series is going 6, because of how hard it is to win in SLC and the huge advantage Utah has at the PG spot.

hater
04-18-2009, 11:40 AM
Spurs in 6

stretch
04-18-2009, 11:47 AM
I still say Mavs in 3. It would be Mavs in 2 if Ginobili were there to run around fouling people at crucial moments.

balli
04-18-2009, 12:07 PM
I'm with Joe House, DAL in 7. But I'm not confident enough to vbookie this series.

BlackBellamy
04-18-2009, 12:18 PM
I still say Mavs in 3. It would be Mavs in 2 if Ginobili were there to run around fouling people at crucial moments.

^ This is a sandwich of idiocy. Stupid on puerile, with a generous amount imbecilic, spread with a thick layer of inane, a side of foolish and a coke.

oh, and Spurs in six.

DeadlyDynasty
04-18-2009, 12:27 PM
^ This is a sandwich of idiocy. Stupid on puerile, with a generous amount imbecilic, spread with a thick layer of inane, a side of foolish and a coke.

oh, and Spurs in six.

+1
of course that could be said for all his posts though...

Ditty
04-18-2009, 12:28 PM

no wonder you think roger mason is a scrub

you don't know your basketball :lol

redzero
04-18-2009, 12:33 PM

oh, and Spurs in six.

Trolled hard.

BlackBellamy
04-18-2009, 12:39 PM
Trolled hard.

I understood the bait. Just wanted to throw a sandwich analogy out there. Maybe I'm hungry.

baseline bum
04-18-2009, 12:52 PM
Nice sig

Pelicans78
04-18-2009, 12:53 PM
A halfway decent team probably could eliminate the Spurs without Manu. The only reason people are talking about how good this series will be has nothing to do with the Mavs. It just shows how bad the Spurs are at this time. Mavs in 6.

i LUV da SpURZ
04-18-2009, 12:54 PM
who carez he aint playin,.coacin..or officiatin how wud he kno who wud win..whut a total fuc boy..

robbie380
04-18-2009, 01:13 PM
who carez he aint playin,.coacin..or officiatin how wud he kno who wud win..whut a total fuc boy..

WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT?:wow did anyone understand that attempt to sound completely uneducated?:lol

wai...did n e 1 ov u hoz git wut dis gurl wuz sayn?:lmao

new_N_town
04-18-2009, 01:44 PM
WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT?:wow did anyone understand that attempt to sound completely uneducated?:lol

wai...did n e 1 ov u hoz git wut dis gurl wuz sayn?:lmao

ur obvsly 2 old 2 understand slang jackass but sure go ahead disect everones comments do whatever makes u feel genuinely happy. i just hope u get a good night's sleep tonight :lmao:lmao retarded rockets fans

oh and one more thingy :

:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::f lag:

BlackBellamy
04-18-2009, 02:02 PM
A halfway decent team probably could eliminate the Spurs without Manu. The only reason people are talking about how good this series will be has nothing to do with the Mavs. It just shows how bad the Spurs are at this time. Mavs in 6.

'A halfway decent team'... Are you high? It always takes a hell of a team to beat the Spurs. We are still 3rd in the west. Even when Manu was in this year he played like a shade of his former self. If everything hinges on Manu then why did we ultimately end up with a better record than your Hornets? We won over 50 games and are in this position because of Tony, Tim and new/developing bench talent. We have not been taken out 1st round in the Tim Duncan era. People are saying this series will be good because every other playoff between these two teams has been classic. You new to b-ball er sumfin'? You're using your personal dislike of the Spurs to create your prediction. Seems like a dumb way to dissect match-ups, I suppose we will see.

balli
04-18-2009, 03:46 PM
You new to b-ball er sumfin'?
That's been my take on this guy ever since he showed up. Can't blame him, NOH is new, but yeah, educated fans know a thing or two about not counting out SA.

Bob Lanier
04-18-2009, 03:51 PM
:tu

Who cares what some Masshole Angelino with a weeblog has to say?

Biggems
04-18-2009, 03:57 PM
'A halfway decent team'... Are you high? It always takes a hell of a team to beat the Spurs. We are still 3rd in the west. Even when Manu was in this year he played like a shade of his former self. If everything hinges on Manu then why did we ultimately end up with a better record than your Hornets? We won over 50 games and are in this position because of Tony, Tim and new/developing bench talent. We have not been taken out 1st round in the Tim Duncan era. People are saying this series will be good because every other playoff between these two teams has been classic. You new to b-ball er sumfin'? You're using your personal dislike of the Spurs to create your prediction. Seems like a dumb way to dissect match-ups, I suppose we will see.

at least when Duncan played during the playoffs......in 2000, when he was injured, we lost in the 1st round.

robbie380
04-18-2009, 05:41 PM
ur obvsly 2 old 2 understand slang jackass but sure go ahead disect everones comments do whatever makes u feel genuinely happy. i just hope u get a good night's sleep tonight :lmao:lmao retarded rockets fans

oh and one more thingy :

:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::f lag:

dun worry itz k...ur spurz r fuked! roflcopter! mai rokitz wil git pased dem blazurz. c i can haz bad inglush 2!

new_N_town
04-18-2009, 05:55 PM
dun worry itz k...ur spurz r fuked! roflcopter! mai rokitz wil git pased dem blazurz. c i can haz bad inglush 2!

good girl. and oh robbin when you talk/type remove the cock outta ur mouth people might take u more seriously, just a subtle suggestion iiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

:flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :lobt2: :lobt2: :lobt2: :lobt2:

new_N_town
04-18-2009, 05:56 PM
fuckin flamer

Amuseddaysleeper
04-18-2009, 05:56 PM
thanks for the summary Findog :tu

KSeal
04-18-2009, 06:08 PM
I just want a good series, whoever wins ain't doing shit going forward anyways.

robbie380
04-18-2009, 06:14 PM
good girl. and oh robbin when you talk/type remove the cock outta ur mouth people might take u more seriously, just a subtle suggestion iiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

:flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :lobt2: :lobt2: :lobt2: :lobt2:

meow! someone is catty today. i always thought people took me more serious when i had a couple of cocks in my mouth. so now you are telling me they don't? that is some breaking news to me! :wow

btw...where did you learn subtle? you might want to look it up in the dictionary before you use it in a sentence. http://www.thefreedictionary.com/subtle oh well at least you spelled it right...:lol

new_N_town
04-18-2009, 10:05 PM
meow! someone is catty today. i always thought people took me more serious when i had a couple of cocks in my mouth. so now you are telling me they don't? that is some breaking news to me! :wow

btw...where did you learn subtle? you might want to look it up in the dictionary before you use it in a sentence. http://www.thefreedictionary.com/subtle oh well at least you spelled it right...:lol

yes good work robbin remember as ur suckin it nice and slow to always swallow, it will add to the experience give it a bit more POW! just a subtle suggestion :)

robbie380
04-19-2009, 02:49 AM
yes good work robbin remember as ur suckin it nice and slow to always swallow, it will add to the experience give it a bit more POW! just a subtle suggestion :)

how was tonight cock boy?:lol