PDA

View Full Version : Pop screwed us.

itzsoweezee
04-18-2009, 09:20 PM
they could dominate the mavs inside with gooden and duncan. instead, popovich plays bonner. now they're playing smallball.

fucking dumb ass shit.

Hooks
04-18-2009, 09:23 PM
He's pissing me off, Hill is a good defender someone that could possibly stop Barea but of course he won't put him in! Bonner is being dominated by everyone, I thought Pop would've learned from the past 50 damn games or so that Bonner can't freaken defend!

poop
04-18-2009, 09:25 PM
bonner = zero offense, defensive liability, still gets 30+minutes

still playing mason as backup PG, therefore wasting hill and taking mason's offense out of the game

he plays the wrong people at the wrong times. he is COMPLETELY to blame for this.

i could literally write a thesis paper on how his coaching has screwed us.

itzsoweezee
04-18-2009, 09:29 PM
i'm trying to think of any strategic choice popovich has made that qualifies him for the genius label people always give him. shutting down the suns' three point shooting is the only one i can think. otherwise, he's generally had the benefit of playing some really damn good players.

itzsoweezee
04-18-2009, 09:31 PM
someone tonya harding popobitch

Death In June
This series is a good summation of the reg season, only parker has been horrible since the second quarter. Bonner is fucking garbage and he should not play another minute. Pop is fucking us over and his douchebag coaching is going to cost us an early exit. Just awful, awful coaching and decisions. Our fans were also pathetic. There seemed to be just as many mavs fans there. We didnt go to duncan enough, tony was a ballhog, no gooden, no hill, and the fact that bonner even played was complete shit. Once again, fuck you bonner, fuck you pop.

poop
bump for pops piss poor coaching decisions

Creation88
04-18-2009, 09:32 PM
can the fucking media in SA start drilling him instead of being his bitch?

bless1187
04-18-2009, 09:33 PM
after today's game i'm officially convinced the bonner is getting a free pass from pop to getting minutes.... with his absolute SHIT performance, he still ends up getting more playing time than both gooden and thomas, if he wasn't in foul trouble in the 1st half, he would probably have gotten 30 min again. WTF is wrong with pop in playing this big scrub.

poop
04-18-2009, 09:36 PM
it is ALL POPS FAULT.

Pablo Escobar
04-18-2009, 09:36 PM
i think its time to say goodbye to pop fuck his ass

purist
04-18-2009, 09:38 PM
you people are dumb asses. Grow up a little.

Hooks
04-18-2009, 09:39 PM

Explain.

Blue Jew
04-18-2009, 09:40 PM
http://media.photobucket.com/image/in%20before%20the%20lock%20gif/jangowuzhere/InBeforeTheLock.gif

Tacker
04-18-2009, 09:40 PM
OP thinks he is > than popavich

poop
04-18-2009, 09:43 PM

fuck you, its all pop's fault grow some balls and stop licking his ass and realise that hes been a SHITTY coach the last 5-6 weeks and will cause our downfall with his dumbass decisions.

nikegirl
04-18-2009, 09:46 PM
now trashing pop is bad! after what he's given to us. but he was just piss poor today. why is he so stubborn? i really feel he can hinder the spurs from going deep this year with his bogus rotations. i think this team has enough weapons to at least get to the wcf but with his coaching (this year), it might be a first round exit.

HiLouis!
04-18-2009, 09:46 PM
i love pop. but how the fuck you gonna have finley and mason on j-ho and dirk? Finley's D was disgusting, stepping in front of people and i distinctly remember bonner giving dirk the fucking baseline 8 feet out. Learn how to set your fucking feet in position.

ECZ
04-18-2009, 09:47 PM
What does Pop know/see that we dont/cant????

Roger at point hurts his production and ball movement.

I never realize Bonner is out there until I see a slap foul or a rotational mistake and/or missed box-out

peskypesky
04-18-2009, 09:49 PM
i think its time to say goodbye to pop fuck his ass

it's been time for a while. 2006 small ball against Dallas leads to end of season. 2008 playing injured Manu instead of shooting-the-lights-out Barry leads to end of season. 2009 playing Bonner instead of Gooden leads to end of season.

NO MORE CHANCES!! FUCK YOU, POOPAVITCH!

peter_slb
04-18-2009, 09:49 PM
How can Bonner play so much time? I'm really pissed off with Popovich. Bonner is the 2nd worst player of the team, is time for Pop to realise that. Worst than him only Vaughn.

Spurs Brazil
04-18-2009, 09:51 PM
I won't blame Pop for not play Hill because TP had to do a much better job on D. But playing Bonner was a terrible choice

TampaDude
04-18-2009, 09:52 PM
Yup...tonight's loss was totally on Pop...his rotations were, to put it mildly, questionable...

Texas_Ranger
04-18-2009, 09:53 PM
How can Bonner play so much time? I'm really pissed off with Popovich. Bonner is the 2nd worst player of the team, is time for Pop to realise that. Worst than him only Vaughn.

Bonner is like the worst fucking starter in the NBA and in top 10 of the worst players in the NBA.

SPURS50
04-18-2009, 09:59 PM
Play the Ginger more! 4 the clean sweep!!!!

SPURS50
04-18-2009, 10:00 PM
GInger 4 MVP!!!

braeden0613
04-18-2009, 10:22 PM
I gott say I'm a little surprised to not see more outrage to Pop's inexplicable lineups. Finley was getting completely owned by Howard (turning point for the Mavs) and continued to stay in the game. Bonner did absolutely nothing and played ridiculous minutes. Roger still isn't a backup point guard and can't even come close to guarding Dirk. Seriously, Bowen needs to play 30 minutes and either guard Howard or Dirk. Udoka only can play when we have more than one offensive threat in the game. And our starting and majority of the 4th quarter lineup should be: Tony, Tim, Gooden, Mason, Bowen. Why not bring in Hill for a little bit as well?

purist
04-19-2009, 10:12 PM
Explain.

This is typical knee jerk over reacting Spurs fan. Off the bandwagon as quickly as they're on. I'm talking about all Spurs fans, but just what seems to be a vast majority of those that post on this forum. To post crap as though people on this forum know more about basketball of this team than Pop or his coaching staff is utterly ridiculous.

I agree that Bonner needs to take a lesser role, and perhaps we see that happen in game two. But if you've watched SPurs ball long enough, you know Pop is not going to make drastic in-game changes. He will not make a move that his team can interpret as panic.

And to think that George HIll is the answer is just as stupid. He's a 6'2 shooting guard. Is he gonna guard Dirk? Howard? And who do you want to sit so he gets more time? Mason? Finely? Hell, Finley was the offense in the early going. And his three pointers in fourth kept the glimmer of hope alive in the final minutes.

If Pop sucks, then I hope people think I suck in the same way. No one's done more to bring this franchise championships, and the way fans turn after one loss sickens me.

You know who sucks? Spurs bandwagon fans suck.

That's whay I say grow up; grow up in basketball IQ; grow up in your appreciation for what this team has given us, not over the past 10 years, but the past 35 years.

YOu think this is bad? try losing game 7 in the Eastern Conference finals AFTER you were up 3-1.

Psht. You got nothing.

SequSpur
04-19-2009, 11:39 PM
dude...

Spur|n|Austin
04-19-2009, 11:46 PM
I'm beginning to wonder if Bowen is in Pop's doghouse? I could never see that happening but for him not to be on Dirk is beyond me. Pop's stubbornness and willingness to keep playing Bonner will no doubt lose us this series unless changes are made immediately.

pimptaddy
04-19-2009, 11:46 PM
A guy that gave the city of SA 4 rings screwed you? LMAO! Fair weather spurs fans.

tlongII
04-20-2009, 12:11 AM
can the fucking media in SA start drilling him instead of being his bitch?

What's the deal with SA's media anyway? In Portland the media 2nd guesses coaching moves all the time.

ducks
04-20-2009, 12:12 AM
What's the deal with SA's media anyway? In Portland the media 2nd guesses coaching moves all the time.

that is because they never won a title let alone 4

tlongII
04-20-2009, 12:19 AM
that is because they never won a title let alone 4

Actually we have. In 77, but I didn't expect you to know that. I just knew the only response I would get would be shit-talking on the Blazers. :rolleyes

Gervin44Silas13
04-20-2009, 09:51 AM
Go to Duncan early, start Bowen play, Vaughn at back-up, work inside out, bench the redheaded girl from Sex in the City cause he can't play defense, and ...win the F******g game!

Spursmania
04-20-2009, 09:53 AM
Pop played small ball in 06 too remember (no Rasho and no Nazhr M.)?:depressed

Gervin44Silas13
04-20-2009, 09:54 AM
Actually we have. In 77, but I didn't expect you to know that. I just knew the only response I would get would be shit-talking on the Blazers. :rolleyes

Don't forget the Rip city Teams that Choked in
1990 1992 1993 by Da Spurs...1999 By Da Spurs...and of course in 2000 by the Trailgangstas

Spursmania
04-20-2009, 09:58 AM
This is typical knee jerk over reacting Spurs fan. Off the bandwagon as quickly as they're on. I'm talking about all Spurs fans, but just what seems to be a vast majority of those that post on this forum. To post crap as though people on this forum know more about basketball of this team than Pop or his coaching staff is utterly ridiculous.

I agree that Bonner needs to take a lesser role, and perhaps we see that happen in game two. But if you've watched SPurs ball long enough, you know Pop is not going to make drastic in-game changes. He will not make a move that his team can interpret as panic.

And to think that George HIll is the answer is just as stupid. He's a 6'2 shooting guard. Is he gonna guard Dirk? Howard? And who do you want to sit so he gets more time? Mason? Finely? Hell, Finley was the offense in the early going. And his three pointers in fourth kept the glimmer of hope alive in the final minutes.

If Pop sucks, then I hope people think I suck in the same way. No one's done more to bring this franchise championships, and the way fans turn after one loss sickens me.

That's whay I say grow up; grow up in basketball IQ; grow up in your appreciation for what this team has given us, not over the past 10 years, but the past 35 years.

YOu think this is bad? try losing game 7 in the Eastern Conference finals AFTER you were up 3-1.

Psht. You got nothing.

Understand your frustration, however, I think many people were wanting Hill to come in and guard Barea if Mavs have Kidd and Barea in at the same time. The concern is Parker's endurance if he has to be chasing the Barea guy and then make something happen offensively. I was at the game, and he looked spent in the 4th. It was obvious the guy had expended lot of energy already and chasing after Barea didn't help matters. I don't recall seeing too many threads on wanting Hill to guard Dirk or Howard. That would be truly absurd.:toast

DaBears
04-20-2009, 10:53 AM
Booner on any other team in the leaque would be coming off the bench so why is he starting here..... Hitting 3's in regular season doesnt help in the playoff's, he's undersized and over matched. Play Duncan, Drew Gooden,Roger Mason Jr., Micheal Finley, Tony parker. That is a bonified starting 5... Play them 35minutes each. let them earn a paycheck. we all work 8 hrs a day or more, they can at least put in 35 minutes........ Come on your better than that............... Its not over till the fat lady sings

Strike
04-20-2009, 11:15 AM
Don't forget the Rip city Teams that Choked in
1990 1992 1993 by Da Spurs...1999 By Da Spurs...and of course in 2000 by the Trailgangstas

Actually the Blazers beat the Spurs in 7 games in the 2nd round, 1990, and made the finals, losing to Detroit. Also, the Blazers made the finals in 1992, losing to Chicago. You mind telling me who was gonna take down Detroit in 1990 and Chicago in 1992? Detroit was damn near untouchable in '89 and '90 and Jordan was hitting his prime in '92. Neither Blazer team had much of a chance during that time when the East was clearly dominant.

And TLong is right. The Portland media, both tv news and radio ask damn near every question the fans are asking. No one is untouchable here. Even Clyde Drexler wasn't untouchable back in the day. That's the way it should be. If your team or coach is making bad decisions or playing poorly, what the hell is wrong with asking wtf?

Back to Coach Pop. I'm not going to call for his head or burn him in effigy or anything. I just want to know what his justification is for giving Bonner a shit-ton of minutes, putting Mason in the backup point role, and giving Hill nothing but DNP-CD's. That's all I want. I just want the reasons.

DaBears
04-20-2009, 11:23 AM
All agreed.... Bonner shouldnt be starting are defense is not as good in the paint, not to take anything away from his play this yr, but we cant win unless were playin some bad ass defense. I would like someone to call out coach PoP and ask these questions, and have him give some real answers instead of his usaualy BS!!!!!

DaBears
04-20-2009, 11:32 AM
Truely looking at the lineups Pop put on the floor, Makes me think he really doesnt know what to do. Or counteract when other team makes a change at half time.....

WalterBenitez
04-20-2009, 11:45 AM
Yeap, POP is having some issues assembling this team, or perhaps the rebuilding is coming sooner than I expected.

Death In June
04-20-2009, 01:23 PM

Psht. You got nothing.Judge pop on his merits this season, not on what he's done in the past. This isn't a one game reaction, it's been months and months of questionable judgment. Pop's not above reproach. He isn't untouchable, or some god like you people make him out to be, and to think he's more responsible than Duncan for championships is just silly.

Obstructed_View
04-20-2009, 01:41 PM
You obviously don't remember 2006 very well. He made huge sweeping lineup changes, overturning the philosophy the team had developed over the previous decade by benching his centers based simply on the fact that Bonzi Wells had a couple of good games, and those changes carried over to the Mavericks series, despite the fact that Dallas had three seven footers in their rotation.

And to think that George HIll is the answer is just as stupid. He's a 6'2 shooting guard. Is he gonna guard Dirk? Howard?
Are you retarded? Did you forget who JJ Barea is? Parker can't guard him and Kidd for 48 minutes, and yeah, I'd rather see Hill guard Howard all fucking day than have Finley on him.

And who do you want to sit so he gets more time? Mason? Finely? Hell, Finley was the offense in the early going. And his three pointers in fourth kept the glimmer of hope alive in the final minutes.
First of all, how about Tony Parker? He had to play through his normal rest periods during the game, and was gassed in the fourth quarter when the Spurs needed him most. If you give Hill ten minutes of time to let Parker rest, or at least not to have to cover Barea, he's fresher down the stretch.

Finley shot lights out, scored 19 points, and was -20 for his time in the game, by far the worst of anyone, including Bonner. To suggest that Hill can't get some of his minutes is just stupid.

No, you suck in a completely different way. The discussion is about decisions Pop has been making for three years now, and stubbornness that has developed over that same period of time. And nobody, but nobody, can suck more than a Spurs fan who suggests that Pop has done more than Tim Duncan has to bring championships to the Spurs.

Congratulations, you just pulled a ducks quote out of your ass. It's all about the company you keep.

DaBears
04-20-2009, 01:43 PM
Can POP, and bring in the the little general!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

purist
04-20-2009, 04:11 PM
You obviously don't remember 2006 very well. He made huge sweeping lineup changes, overturning the philosophy the team had developed over the previous decade by benching his centers based simply on the fact that Bonzi Wells had a couple of good games, and those changes carried over to the Mavericks series, despite the fact that Dallas had three seven footers in their rotation.

Are you retarded? Did you forget who JJ Barea is? Parker can't guard him and Kidd for 48 minutes, and yeah, I'd rather see Hill guard Howard all fucking day than have Finley on him.

First of all, how about Tony Parker? He had to play through his normal rest periods during the game, and was gassed in the fourth quarter when the Spurs needed him most. If you give Hill ten minutes of time to let Parker rest, or at least not to have to cover Barea, he's fresher down the stretch.

Finley shot lights out, scored 19 points, and was -20 for his time in the game, by far the worst of anyone, including Bonner. To suggest that Hill can't get some of his minutes is just stupid.

No, you suck in a completely different way. The discussion is about decisions Pop has been making for three years now, and stubbornness that has developed over that same period of time. And nobody, but nobody, can suck more than a Spurs fan who suggests that Pop has done more than Tim Duncan has to bring championships to the Spurs.

Congratulations, you just pulled a ducks quote out of your ass. It's all about the company you keep.

Thanks for enlightening me. I stand corrected.
George HIll IS the answer. Start him over Finley, or better yet, let him start in front of Tony so he doesn't get so tired.

And forgive me for overlooking how much Greg Popovich does indeed suck. the Spurs with Bob Hill at the helm surely would have won four, if not five or six, titles with Timmy. Timmy and four scrubs would have won 10 in a row, if not for stubborn Pop. He hasn't helped this team, he's held them back. I see it now. How poetic that someone with an online ID of Obtructed View has cleared my view.

Shame on me. I bow to the credentials of one Obstructed View, almight one, lover of T.O. and now hater of Pop.

Thank you for putting me in my place... away from this forum, where panic rules, lack of common sense is a valued asset, and the anonymity of internet posting equates to basketball genius.

Let it be.

ElNono
04-20-2009, 04:13 PM
http://i44.tinypic.com/2v96b9y.jpg

sook
04-20-2009, 04:16 PM
Bonner is GOAT fuck off!

SA210
04-20-2009, 04:17 PM
http://i44.tinypic.com/2v96b9y.jpg

:lol

Obstructed_View
04-20-2009, 04:48 PM
Look, a whole field of strawmen. Let's go to work, shall we?

Thanks for enlightening me. I stand corrected.
George HIll IS the answer. Start him over Finley, or better yet, let him start in front of Tony so he doesn't get so tired.

How about we just give him spot minutes to allow Parker to rest and to defend the backup point guard for the Mavs, perhaps the two single largest reasons the Spurs lost? One down.

And forgive me for overlooking how much Greg Popovich does indeed suck. the Spurs with Bob Hill at the helm surely would have won four, if not five or six, titles with Timmy.

The Spurs with Pop making smart decisions > the Spurs with Pop making poor decisions. Two down.

Timmy and four scrubs would have won 10 in a row, if not for stubborn Pop.

Timmy didn't have four scrubs, he had three hall of famers and great role players around him, and if not for Pop's poor decisions they would have won at least five titles, including three in a row from 2005-2007, and certainly would have a better chance of being 1-0 instead of 0-1 today. Three down.

Incidentally, since you are in the mood to make moronic predictions, and actually didn't deny that you give Pop more credit for the Spurs' success than you do Duncan, how many rings would the Spurs have if Duncan had been a Celtic the last 12 years?

He hasn't helped this team, he's held them back. I see it now. How poetic that someone with an online ID of Obtructed View has cleared my view.

How ironic that someone making fun of my name is so clearly refusing to see. I certainly think your name, which means "a person who adheres strictly and often excessively to a tradition" is perfectly appropriate.

Shame on me. I bow to the credentials of one Obstructed View, almight one, lover of T.O. and now hater of Pop.

Who is T.O.? Surely you aren't referring to the receiver for the Bills, who I've always disliked. How that has any bearing on a basketball discussion reflects more on your bias than on my logic.

When you fail to find any evidence of my "hating" Pop beyond the inference you draw from my completely justifiable criticism of his decisions, I'll be here waiting for your apology.

Thank you for putting me in my place... away from this forum, where panic rules, lack of common sense is a valued asset, and the anonymity of internet posting equates to basketball genius.

Yes, you brought loads of common sense to the argument, about as much as you're taking away. God forbid people discuss basketball on a basketball discussion board. :lmao

bbarry
04-20-2009, 04:59 PM
why do people here act like they know what the fuck they are talking about, as if they personally have lead a team to a championship, themselves. it's fucking stupid and annoying. pop knows what the hell he is doing.

braeden0613
04-20-2009, 05:00 PM
why do people here act like they know what the fuck they are talking about, as if they personally have lead a team to a championship, themselves. it's fucking stupid and annoying. pop knows what the hell he is doing.
Nothing Pop does is ever wrong. There is nothing to see here, no problems.

Obstructed_View
04-20-2009, 05:08 PM

Yeah, who the fuck dared to suggest that Bowen cover Peja last year two games before Pop did it? Assholes.

Agloco
04-20-2009, 05:35 PM

Fans tend to overreact, but see scenarios before coaches will make the changes. It's not that anyone here doesn't know what they're saying. It's just that Pop will take his time and not rush into any changes.

Trust me, when those changes come, they will be of the sort that most here are suggesting.

Obstructed_View
04-20-2009, 05:39 PM
Fans tend to overreact, but see scenarios before coaches will make the changes. It's not that anyone here doesn't know what they're saying. It's just that Pop will take his time and not rush into any changes.

Trust me, when those changes come, they will be of the sort that most here are suggesting.

If those changes come. Remember 2006. My FIP dried up back then.

Agloco
04-20-2009, 05:41 PM
If those changes come. Remember 2006. My FIP dried up back then.

:lol

SenorSpur
04-20-2009, 05:44 PM
Note to Pop:
All older players are not valued treasures, and all young players are not trash.

Obstructed_View
04-20-2009, 05:49 PM
If George Hill was rookie of the week early, and was a legit first round pick worth selecting over guys like CDR and Chalmers, I wonder what Pop's explanation is for his backslide? Didn't he have 16 points against the Mavs in one of the games this year?

jason1301
04-20-2009, 05:53 PM
they could dominate the mavs inside with gooden and duncan. instead, popovich plays bonner. now they're playing smallball.

fucking dumb ass shit.

How exactly did he screw you? Oh I see you mean Pop screwed the SAS team, hence he screwed the fans, and you are a fun, so he screwed you. That's why you are so upset, I get it now....

Tssss

coaches wanna be.

Like that was worth a new thread.

Now I am assuming you are a big boy and follow our teams games and you do have an understanding of what's going on inside the court. So why don't you stop cursing and give us an argument or two.

Bukefal
04-20-2009, 05:57 PM
pop this, pop that, damn people, give the man some respect. all you do when something goes wrong is bitching on pop. He knows what he's doing, and if he hasnt accomplished anything in his years with the spurs, than you have the right to bitch, but he did, he is the main one behind the spurs glory and knows what he is doing, have some faith in him..

Typhoon
04-20-2009, 06:06 PM
Spurs been screwed since they lost Manu for the season, stop bitching about Pop, he's a great coach.

poop
04-20-2009, 06:07 PM
haha pop could play bonner, vaughn, oberto, and a towel boy all 48 minutes and the lapdogs on here would be yelling to everyone 'he knows what hes doing!!!!'

hahaha oh brother.

mingus
04-20-2009, 06:12 PM

i'm all for Hill taking minutes from Finley . Hill doesn't have that bad of offense (see earlier in the season when he took over the pg duties while TP was injured), and I'm pretty sure he's been working on his shot with Chip England.

problem is he's been out of the rotation for so long . he's got to work himself into a groove and get confident on the offensive end, and that usually doesn't happen in one game, esp. when you're talking about a rookie . but his defense will be there at the least . i say hope for the best on O from him if i'm Pop . let him get his feet wet and work up a sweat and see what he can provide on that end . I'm confident that what he can provide on O and on D will ultimately surpass what Finley does, but i guess we will have to wait and see.

whatever happend to this motto: "let great defense translate to offense"? the Spurs have completely abandoned this philosophy . i miss the days when the Spurs were labeled "boring" because they played great D . now they're just "old." :depressed

K-State Spur
04-20-2009, 06:13 PM
i'm trying to think of any strategic choice popovich has made that qualifies him for the genius label people always give him. shutting down the suns' three point shooting is the only one i can think. otherwise, he's generally had the benefit of playing some really damn good players.

That would hold merit if the Spurs have never won a series against other teams with really damn good players.

Obstructed_View
04-20-2009, 06:15 PM
pop this, pop that, damn people, give the man some respect. all you do when something goes wrong is bitching on pop.

Exactly what message board have you been perusing?

He knows what he's doing, and if he hasnt accomplished anything in his years with the spurs, than you have the right to bitch, but he did, he is the main one behind the spurs glory and knows what he is doing, have some faith in him..

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q228/GeneralPurpose/Spurstalk/2760997443_cdfb2b847a.jpg

Seriously, it's like some of you Pop-defending mouth-breathers are too fucking lazy to even read this thread. Jeezus.