PDA

View Full Version : I am Married to the Loyalty of the Spurs.

completely deck
04-18-2009, 09:57 PM
There are going to be a lot of cliff jumpers after this game. A whole lot of this: :depressed and a whole lot of this: :bang

Who are Spurs fan to look to? Most analysts, bandwagon fans, pundits and even the owner of this website counted us out before we even started. We're down 0-1. But we know this team. They overcome the odds. Last year we came back from 0-2 against New Orleans. They are always the ones to surprise. Believe in the Spurs, fans. We've never given up on them and there is no reason to give up now. Believe in Tim Duncan's carnal craving for a victory. Believe in Tony Parker to take over the game late, slashing to the rim or taking those breath stopping jumpers from outside. One thing you must believe in is the tenacity of Gregg Popovich. Believe in his ability to take a look at what went right and help make it work better. Believe in him and his staff to take a look at what went wrong and make the proper adjustments.

I'm not giving up just because Hollinger or any of the bandwagon fake fans here have counted us out. I'm here to stay, through sickness and in health.

BELIEVE IN YOUR SPURS!! :flag:

:lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt2:

peskypesky
04-18-2009, 09:58 PM
not me.

HarlemHeat37
04-18-2009, 09:59 PM
for the millionth time..

there's no difference between being a loyal Spurs fan, and recognizing the flaws of the team..you can do both..

duncan228
I never jump. Win, lose or ugly.

There will be a lot of venting, SpursTalk is a good place to let off steam. The real fans will stay, the bandwagoners will fall away.

mexicanjunior
There are going to be a lot of cliff jumpers after this game. A whole lot of this: :depressed and a whole lot of this: :bang

Who are Spurs fan to look to? Most analysts, bandwagon fans, pundits and even the owner of this website counted us out before we even started. We're down 0-1. But we know this team. They overcome the odds. Last year we came back from 0-2 against New Orleans. They are always the ones to surprise. Believe in the Spurs, fans. We've never given up on them and there is no reason to give up now. Believe in Tim Duncan's carnal craving for a victory. Believe in Tony Parker to take over the game late, slashing to the rim or taking those breath stopping jumpers from outside. One thing you must believe in is the tenacity of Gregg Popovich. Believe in his ability to take a look at what went right and help make it work better. Believe in him and his staff to take a look at what went wrong and make the proper adjustments.

I'm not giving up just because Hollinger or any of the bandwagon fake fans here have counted us out. I'm here to stay, through sickness and in health.

BELIEVE IN YOUR SPURS!! :flag:

:lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt2:

Good luck with that...

peskypesky
04-18-2009, 10:00 PM
Good luck with that...

:lmao

spursfan1000
04-18-2009, 10:01 PM
Wow, we were down 0-2 against the Hornets? Ok im fine with being down 0-1.

completely deck
04-18-2009, 10:01 PM
for the millionth time..

there's no difference between being a loyal Spurs fan, and recognizing the flaws of the team..you can do both..

That's not what I'm talking about. The Spurs have flaws, that's no doubt. But the fans who state things like "we're done" or the like are who I'm talking to.

Take things one game at a time.

peskypesky
04-18-2009, 10:02 PM
Wow, we were down 0-2 against the Hornets? Ok im fine with being down 0-1.

I hope you're fine with fishing too!

peskypesky
04-18-2009, 10:02 PM
That's not what I'm talking about. The Spurs have flaws, that's no doubt. But the fans who state things like "we're done" or the like are who I'm talking to.

Take things one game at a time.

The major flaw the Spurs have right now is a fucking moron for a coach. And that is just about insurmountable.

samikeyp
04-18-2009, 10:03 PM
for the millionth time..

Yes you can but writing off the Spurs after one game is different from pointing out flaws. A good fan can point out flaws and still not go all Chicken Little.

timvp
No owner of this board counted the Spurs out. Either you are really bad at math or your emo azz can't handle objective takes.

STFU.

peskypesky
Yes you can but writing off the Spurs after one game is different from pointing out flaws. A good fan can point out flaws and still not go all Chicken Little.

One game!!

Pop's been coaching like an idiot for weeks.

spursfan1000
04-18-2009, 10:04 PM
I hope you're fine with fishing too!

I'm elergic to fishing, so theres no way im goin fishing.

TDomination
04-18-2009, 10:04 PM
I will never quit on the team. Even if down 0-3 in the series. Though I know we'd have no chance at that point, i still would cheer really hard.

But we need to work on a lot of things. And the adjustments start now. We'll see what we do on Monday.

samikeyp
04-18-2009, 10:05 PM
One game!!

Pop's been coaching like an idiot for weeks.

Still no reason to abandon all hope after one game.

Unless you're a bitch.

poop
04-18-2009, 10:07 PM
this is so hard because i still support the guys and know they can beat anyone. but knowing that popovich is gonna screw the team over with his dumbass decisions makes it super hard to watch cause it gets overwhelmingly frustrating

Udokafan05
04-18-2009, 10:08 PM
I believe the spurs lost to the nuggets in game 1 of 2007, in San Antonio, and everyone know the outcome of the playoffs that year. Spurs won the series in 5. There is no need for the mass panic.

samikeyp
04-18-2009, 10:08 PM
Oops someone got pinked! :lol

mexicanjunior
04-18-2009, 10:09 PM
I believe the spurs lost to the nuggets in game 1 of 2007, in San Antonio, and everyone know the outcome of the playoffs that year. Spurs won the series in 5. There is no need for the mass panic.

Do you really believe this is the same team? I mean, seriously...

completely deck
04-18-2009, 10:10 PM
No owner of this board counted the Spurs out. Either you are really bad at math or your emo azz can't handle objective takes.

STFU.

Oh good one, "emo azz." I don't know, timvp, maybe it's because there were a bunch of people here who felt it was controversial when you practice "Believe" but state the other team is going to win the series.

mexicanjunior
04-18-2009, 10:12 PM
Oh good one, "emo azz." I don't know, timvp, maybe it's because there were a bunch of people here who felt it was controversial when you practice "Believe" but state the other team is going to win the series.

He was only calling it like he sees it...seems like he is right on the money so far.

Spurs Brazil
04-18-2009, 10:16 PM
I never jump. Win, lose or ugly.

There will be a lot of venting, SpursTalk is a good place to let off steam. The real fans will stay, the bandwagoners will fall away.

poop
04-18-2009, 10:17 PM
Oops someone got pinked! :lol

predictably, they didn't like me starting threads calling out pop's idiocy.

noone in SA DARES to question pop. even when his stubborn/retarded coaching causes us to lose playoff games

ElNono
04-18-2009, 10:19 PM
I'm in it for the duration. Spur fan for life.

alchemist
lots of :smokin :drunk in this thread :lol

samikeyp
predictably, they didn't like me starting threads calling out pop's idiocy.

noone in SA DARES to question pop. even when his stubborn/retarded coaching causes us to lose playoff games

It wasn't because they were threads about Pop, it was because there were numerous threads about the same thing.

completely deck
04-18-2009, 10:20 PM
He was only calling it like he sees it...seems like he is right on the money so far.

Listen, I understand that there is nothing wrong with pointing out the Spurs flaws. But writing them out (saying the other team is going to win the series even before it begins is writing them out) is a different story.

mexicanjunior
04-18-2009, 10:22 PM
Listen, I understand that there is nothing wrong with pointing out the Spurs flaws. But writing them out (saying the other team is going to win the series even before it begins is writing them out) is a different story.

Just because his prediction doesn't coincide with your homerism is no reason to call him out. He objectively pointed out the Spurs weaknesses against this Mavs team and gave plenty of valid reasons why he thought the Mavs would win this series. He never said he wasn't going to root for the Spurs to win...