PDA

View Full Version : I really suck @ Photoshop

lefty
04-18-2009, 10:15 PM
I think I only made 1 decent 'shop in my life :depressed

http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/2990/popolakersgb7.jpg

balli
04-18-2009, 10:30 PM
Then immediately, you need to watch the hilarious and truly informative youtube series "you suck at photoshop".

U_X5uR7VC4M

lefty
04-18-2009, 10:33 PM
Then immediately, you need to watch the hilarious and truly informative youtube series "you suck at photoshop".

U_X5uR7VC4M

However, I have a 30 day trial version, and the "Torrented" Photoshop versions seem to have issues

Is there anything else close to 'Shop free, or a free website that offers the same functions?

lefty
04-18-2009, 10:38 PM

However, I have a 30 day trial version, and the "Torrented" Photoshop versions seem to have issues

Is there anything else close to 'Shop free, or a free website that offers the same functions?

Oh, It looks like Photoscape is great and free

balli
04-18-2009, 10:43 PM

IDK, I have the GIMP image editor with Ubuntu, which is basically an open source photoshop, but I'm not sure if it'll run in Windows/Leopard or not? Other than that IDK.

edit: nevermind then.

lefty
04-18-2009, 11:16 PM
IDK, I have the GIMP image editor with Ubuntu, which is basically an open source photoshop, but I'm not sure if it'll run in Windows/Leopard or not? Other than that IDK.

edit: nevermind then.

Just tried Photoscape : no eraser tool !!!

I'm getting GIMP

I read it has a steep learning curve, but at least I can erase

Slydragon
04-18-2009, 11:21 PM
I got this and it's free

http://www.getpaint.net/

If you need help click the Forum link on the top.

PixelPusher
04-18-2009, 11:46 PM
GIMP is the most powerful/feature rich of the free image editing apps out there, but the interface is nightmare. If you can spare $80 or $90 bucks, Photoshop Elements has a lot of the features I'd normally use in regular Photoshop. After switching to the Mac, I'm using an app called Pixelmator, which is pretty close in functionality (and interface design) to slightly older versions of Photoshop (like 6 or 7) for $60.

MiamiHeat
04-19-2009, 04:19 AM
;p;