PDA

View Full Version : How to Convice Pop to Change some of his Strategies

nikegirl
04-18-2009, 10:46 PM
To all those going to game two and sitting across the bench, i think you should make signs or placards saying stuff like " Pop, play Gooden More", "Pop, stop s*cking Matt Bonner's d*ck" stuff like that then add some sort of statistic that proves your statement. maybe that'll make him listen! :lol:downspin:

crazy but it might knock some sense into him especially if a lot of you will be doing it. :rollin

Any other messages that might just hit him? :p:

honestfool84
04-18-2009, 10:47 PM
"hey Pop, win #5!"

poop
04-18-2009, 10:49 PM
heres a description of game 2:

1.despite criticism, despite all, pop starts bonner.

2.spurs come out agressive, end 1st up 7-10.

3.pop puts mason as PG. offnese dies. mavs come out in 2nd and cut lead to nothing by the half.

4.bonner starts 3rd, gooden,thomas,bowen do not. mavs go on run and take the lead after spurs go 3-4 minutes without a FG.

5. in response to the mav's run, pop changes nothing. despite barea scoring run, Hill remains on the bench.

6. 3 minutes left in 3rd, bowen, gooden, thomas come in. spurs fight back and tie it up, capped off with gooden dunk. gooden comes out and is sat.

7. 4th quarter pop again starts bonner. no bowen, thomas. dirk, mavs go on run and go up 6.

8. 7 min left in game, spurs down. finally parker is put in. still no hill. no bowen. barea contiunes to score.

9. spurs lose by 8-10.

10. bonner = 33 min, 3pts,3rb,5 fouls. meanwhile bowen+thomas+gooden = 25 min.
geaorge hill = 0 min. barea = 20pts, 15 in 2nd half.
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/Style_Templates/Flashskin/statusicon/user_online.gif

Warlord23
04-18-2009, 10:49 PM
Good luck with that.

Pop has done some great things as a coach, but adjustments during a playoff series isn't one of them (see 2004 and 2006).

I got $50 that Bonner is starting and/or getting 20+ minutes in game 2.

SequSpur
04-18-2009, 10:50 PM
bonner needs to go sell fuckin beer.

nikegirl
04-18-2009, 10:51 PM
Cmon guys! at least let him know that he's doing an awful job, who knows, by some miracle he might actually reflect on it. hahaha i know he's extremely stubborn but given him being senile he just might forget that he's stubborn.

poop
04-18-2009, 10:56 PM
he wont change shit. hes proven that by now.

peskypesky
04-18-2009, 10:56 PM
Taser

Obstructed_View
04-18-2009, 10:59 PM
The players hated the way Pop coached against the Mavs in 2006. Horry even mentioned it after the season, and it didn't make a goddamn bit of difference. Why the fuck would he care what fans have written on a sign? Have you ever seen that Spurs show on Fox Southwest? The Spurs organization clearly thinks the fans are stupid.

mavsluva
04-19-2009, 12:01 AM
Love those fans that feel as if they can play coach or GM. Yet, have minimal, if any, experience in doing so.

AussieFanKurt
04-19-2009, 12:04 AM
How about spurs fans at AT&T do a knicks and start chanting stufff

bigdog
04-19-2009, 12:06 AM
How about spurs fans at AT&T do a knicks and start chanting stufff

I was just about to say that.

Seriously, chant "PLAY HILL", or "BONNER SUCKS", or "POP'S DRUNK"

ANYTHING!!!

Amuseddaysleeper
04-19-2009, 12:06 AM
Love those fans that feel as if they can play coach or GM. Yet, have minimal, if any, experience in doing so.

During the Hornets series of last year, literally 90% of this board was clamoring for Pop to put Bowen on Peja.

He didn't do it for the first two games of the series and the Spurs got blown out. He did it for game 3 onwards, and the Spurs went 4-1 the rest of the series.

I agree there's a reason why Pop has 4 rings while the rest of us are bickering on here, but with the way Pop has been coaching this year, I think the fans are more aware of what's going on than Pop does.

HarlemHeat37
04-19-2009, 12:10 AM
I hate people that make comments like that..

we're all die-hard Spurs fans that follow the team enough to form our own opinions..it doesn't take an NBA coach to figure out what should be done with this team..

this is clearly a case of Pop's arrogance and ego..

poop
04-19-2009, 12:14 AM
the last 2 years or so, the fans on here know better than what pops been doing.

popovich has this 'untouchable' status in san antonio, like he can do no wrong. even when hes gone senile, or Drunk, loads of bandwaggoners defend his every stupid decision.

CubanSucks
04-19-2009, 02:03 AM
"hey Pop, win #5!"

:tu

Let me see...how to convince Pop to change some of his strategies? I got it! Get a job coaching an NBA team, win a few rings, and actually earn an ounce of credibility as a basketball strategist.

Now how to convince nikegirl to shut the fuck up?

TheDarkSide.
04-19-2009, 02:06 AM
are you kidding? that would just add to it, bonner would get 38mpg gooden would get deactivated because "it's not the right playoff for him". we should do the opposite actually.

jack sommerset
04-19-2009, 02:10 AM
Seriously Spew fans. Pop can't do shit, he never could. Mavs are healthy and the Spews star player is old. After this series is over, everyone of you should go to the Tony Parker is overrated thread and agree with anyone that says he is OVERRATED.

nikegirl
04-19-2009, 02:11 AM

Let me see...how to convince Pop to change some of his strategies? I got it! Get a job coaching an NBA team, win a few rings, and actually earn an ounce of credibility as a basketball strategist.

Now how to convince nikegirl to shut the fuck up?

what about get the fuck outta my thread? just because you dont agree with what i say doesnt mean you have the right to make me shut up.

SA210
04-19-2009, 02:14 AM
heres a description of game 2:

1.despite criticism, despite all, pop starts bonner.

2.spurs come out agressive, end 1st up 7-10.

3.pop puts mason as PG. offnese dies. mavs come out in 2nd and cut lead to nothing by the half.

4.bonner starts 3rd, gooden,thomas,bowen do not. mavs go on run and take the lead after spurs go 3-4 minutes without a FG.

5. in response to the mav's run, pop changes nothing. despite barea scoring run, Hill remains on the bench.

6. 3 minutes left in 3rd, bowen, gooden, thomas come in. spurs fight back and tie it up, capped off with gooden dunk. gooden comes out and is sat.

7. 4th quarter pop again starts bonner. no bowen, thomas. dirk, mavs go on run and go up 6.

8. 7 min left in game, spurs down. finally parker is put in. still no hill. no bowen. barea contiunes to score.

9. spurs lose by 8-10.

10. bonner = 33 min, 3pts,3rb,5 fouls. meanwhile bowen+thomas+gooden = 25 min.
geaorge hill = 0 min. barea = 20pts, 15 in 2nd half.
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/Style_Templates/Flashskin/statusicon/user_online.gif

:tu :depressed

During the Hornets series of last year, literally 90% of this board was clamoring for Pop to put Bowen on Peja.

He didn't do it for the first two games of the series and the Spurs got blown out. He did it for game 3 onwards, and the Spurs went 4-1 the rest of the series.

I agree there's a reason why Pop has 4 rings while the rest of us are bickering on here, but with the way Pop has been coaching this year, I think the fans are more aware of what's going on than Pop does.

nikegirl
04-19-2009, 02:19 AM
:tu :depressed

Totally agree.

SA210
04-19-2009, 02:21 AM
I'm pro Spurs, but F it, hold up the signs. Pop is screwing it all up. Love Pop, but he's lost his mind right now for some reason.

And so what if it accomplishes nothing or he doesn't care or listen, at least someone said something. Period!

One sign should be "START BRUCE!!!!!!"

:flag:

nikegirl
04-19-2009, 02:26 AM
Yeah starting Bruce would help us tremendously on defense. If we're gonna have any chance to do some damage this playoffs, it will be because of defense not offense.

I'm giving Pop til game 3 if he makes changes, if he doesn't, it's a big UH OH. (Giving him til game 3 cos thats when he made the switch of Bowen on Peja last year)

Johnny RIngo
04-19-2009, 04:30 AM
Yeah starting Bruce would help us tremendously on defense. If we're gonna have any chance to do some damage this playoffs, it will be because of defense not offense.

I'm giving Pop til game 3 if he makes changes, if he doesn't, it's a big UH OH. (Giving him til game 3 cos thats when he made the switch of Bowen on Peja last year)

It'll be too late by game 3. Pop has to adjust for game 2 or the series is over(Spurs can't afford to lose BOTH home games).

AussieFanKurt
04-19-2009, 04:37 AM
if i lived in spurs land, i would create many signs and chants

DeadlyDynasty
04-19-2009, 09:01 AM
you guys could always brown-bag it

http://www.dear-god.net/cms/_ArticleImages/2008/05/sad-face-paper-bag.jpg

Yogurt210
04-19-2009, 09:08 AM
Oh man, signs behind the bench would be great!!!

ALSO!

we should make Huge ass BOWEN/HILL faces and wave them around in the stands
like New Orleans does for Peja

That would be great

TDMVPDPOY
04-19-2009, 09:23 AM
proactive tell him....fkn