PDA

View Full Version : James gets special treatment fact

Vinnie_Johnson
04-18-2009, 11:02 PM
KG out, LBJ setting record for fewest fouls ever.
http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/smith2_090406.html

Still, we've never seen anything like this. Especially at a time when it is generally agreed with rules changes it is the most difficult time to defend on the perimeter without committing fouls.

James is averaging 1.72 fouls per game in an average of 37.9 minutes per game. James hasn't even been in foul trouble one game this season. He never has had more than four fouls called on him in a game, and since March 1 is being called for fewer than 1.3 fouls per game.

James is now averaging 2.02 fouls per game in his career and has fouled out just three times in six seasons. Jordan averaged 2.6 fouls per game in his career and had fouled out eight times in his first six seasons.

Jordan averaged fewer than two fouls per game only in his last two seasons when he was not as active as a defender, and never as few as James' current 1.72. Among some of the great perimeter players in history, at a time when substantially more perimeter contact was allowed, Larry Bird averaged about 2.5 fouls, Magic Johnson 2.26 and Jerry West and Oscar Robertson well above two per game.

In the game now, Kobe Bryant has a career average of about 2.7 fouls per game and is about 2.3 this season. Dwyane Wade has a career average of 2.67 and is about .2 this season.

In 12 of the 20 games since then, James has been called for one or zero fouls in a game. James had a stretch of five straight games to conclude March averaging 36.8 minutes per game without being called for one foul. Not one in five games! In the last nine games, James has been called for three personal fouls. It's really amazing given the involvement James has in the action of the game.

"It's impossible," said one team executive.

dirk4mvp
04-18-2009, 11:03 PM
Is this your excuse for the upcoming sweep?

KidCongo
04-18-2009, 11:06 PM
This was posted a few weeks ago I'm pretty sure.

himat
04-18-2009, 11:08 PM
If its a FACT then the Pistons cant let it get to them. We have crumbled too many times in the past complaining about the calls against. For once we have to fight over it or this series is over. If this team has one great fight left in it then it won't involve complaining.

Lets take Game 2. Cavs had it way too easy today. As lazy and complacent as our team has become I still see remember some of the warrior, hardworking spirit. Lets bring it back and make things interesting with this group for one last time because it is the last time. Next season this team will be completely different. Whats remaining of Wallace X2 will be gone along with Dice.

Vinnie_Johnson
04-18-2009, 11:52 PM
Is this your excuse for the upcoming sweep?

No not at all The Cavs are just a better team.

Vinnie_Johnson
04-18-2009, 11:53 PM
This was posted a few weeks ago I'm pretty sure.

My bad then and again not at all saying this is why The Pistons will lose.