PDA

View Full Version : F' the Olympics

baseline bum
03-20-2005, 04:21 PM
First they fuck David over, now Tim too. Fuck you IOC.

ZStomp
03-20-2005, 04:23 PM
I agree. I wish TD hadn't played in them.....did TD hurt his ankle in the summer?

I mean what does the Olympics have to do with TD injury?

themvp
03-20-2005, 04:29 PM
Yeah, I agree too.

exstatic
03-20-2005, 04:43 PM
When your body is overstressed and overused, everything is loose, and you're much more prone to injury. Manu and Tim are both feeling that now.

ZStomp
03-20-2005, 04:45 PM
When your body is overstressed and overused, everything is loose, and you're much more prone to injury. Manu and Tim are both feeling that now.

Yea...I reckon.

Ugh!

whottt
03-20-2005, 04:45 PM
What sucks is that Parker, Beno and Rasho are slated for international duty during the Summer for the next few seasons...

I don't think we'll ever have to worry about Duncan and international ball again :). I think Manu is going to limit his international play to the Olympics from now on.

ducks
03-20-2005, 04:46 PM
beno has already stated that he is leaning of NØT Playing internetational ball

Slomo
03-20-2005, 04:47 PM
Beno has repeatedly said he won't play in the EC 2005.

And I don't get it why do you blame the IOC?

boutons
03-20-2005, 04:47 PM
Tim's ankle has NOTHING to do with the Olympics, and everything to do with Rasheed's foot. dumbass

baseline bum
03-20-2005, 04:48 PM
Sheed had it all right...

CTC... Cut the Check... fuck risking injury for nothing.

exstatic
03-20-2005, 04:49 PM
Tim's ankle has NOTHING to do with the Olympics...

Bullshit.

Gummi
03-20-2005, 04:50 PM
I have to agree with over-using your body. Both Tim and Manu have been banged up for most of the season. Tim has been very unlucky with injuries this season and the last one too. It's not like he's old so it must be too much preasure on the body.

At least he's done with it. I'm glad he's not playing anymore for the US national team.

whottt
03-20-2005, 04:52 PM
Beno has repeatedly said he won't play in the EC 2005.

And I don't get it why do you blame the IOC?

He's pissed at them for existing...Playing in the Olympics pretty much ended David Robinson's career as a SuperStar(the 96 Olympics where he played with a hernia and was never the same player)...and Duncan has gotten injured every season he has played international ball in the Summer.

If it makes you feel better I am sure bbum sends a big fuck you to FIBA as well.

baseline bum
03-20-2005, 04:55 PM
Go fuck yourself boutons. This injury has been happening over and over all season, and not having a fucking break because of the bullshit sham Olympics is most likely a large contributing factor... it happens every fucking time people play in this bullshit international summer crap... look at Ray Allen, Iverson, McGrady, Duncan, Kidd, Carter, and Brand last year.

ZStomp
03-20-2005, 04:56 PM
Tim's ankle has NOTHING to do with the Olympics, and everything to do with Rasheed's foot. dumbass

God I hope you are not saying this injury was intentional. PLEASE tell me you're not saying that.

bonesinaz
03-20-2005, 04:59 PM
TD's injury has everything to do with the olympics. Overuse has got to be the #1 reason for injuries in sports.

whottt
03-20-2005, 05:16 PM

Been a Spurfan long?

Duncan has been injured every season he has played international ball. Every season. And he's been healthy every season he hasn't.

It probably cost us our title defense in 00. It probably cost us HCA throughout the playoffs last season...no telling what it will cost us this season.

SequSpur
03-20-2005, 07:23 PM
:lol

picnroll
03-20-2005, 07:32 PM
btw Duncan obviously has a weakened right ankle from multiple recent sprains. Why is he landing with his right foot taking the weight like he did on Sheed's foot?

Kori Ellis
03-20-2005, 07:33 PM
Did he even land on Rasheed's foot? In the replay we saw it looked like he landed on his own foot.

ALVAREZ6
03-20-2005, 07:36 PM
Did he even land on Rasheed's foot? In the replay we saw it looked like he landed on his own foot.
He landed on Rasheed's foot on his toe.

Only Duncan's toe came down on Rasheed's foot, so I don't understand how he turned his ankle so badly.

Duncan has some really weak ankles, he always gets injured on his landing.

MannyIsGod
03-20-2005, 07:47 PM
It's not the ankles, it's his shoes.

His recent ankle problems started when he switched over to Adidas and I had several problems with Adidas basketball shoes. My best friend also rolled his ankle a ton of times in the Tmacs, which are Adidas.

I'm telling you, those shoes are horrible, and he needs to have them design them with much better ankle support.

ALVAREZ6
03-20-2005, 07:48 PM
It's not the ankles, it's his shoes.

His recent ankle problems started when he switched over to Adidas and I had several problems with Adidas basketball shoes. My best friend also rolled his ankle a ton of times in the Tmacs, which are Adidas.

I'm telling you, those shoes are horrible, and he needs to have them design them with much better ankle support.
Blame the shoes all you want.

I played a whole season with Adidas last year and I was fine.

picnroll
03-20-2005, 07:49 PM
His left foot came down first behind his right which landed on Sheeds foot yet he put his weight on his right on landing and turned it. He could have easily landed with weight on his left or a balanced landing and let the solid foot take the weight. Does he try to land right footed because his left knee is a bit f' up. Guy needs to ski bumps then he'll learn quick weight adjustment on his feet. Think Pop will go for that?

ALVAREZ6
03-20-2005, 07:52 PM
Left foot?

I thought his left foot landed on the ground.

MannyIsGod
03-20-2005, 07:53 PM
Tim Duncan has had ankle problems ever since the switch.

He had a hurt ankle his first year as well, but was healthy again untill the switch.

CHAMPS AGAIN
03-20-2005, 07:53 PM
Blame the shoes all you want.

I played a whole season with Adidas last year and I was fine.

played the bench not pro ball

GoSpurs21
03-20-2005, 07:55 PM
Tim rolled his ankle because for some reason he refuses to tape the shit out of his ankles so that rolling becomes almost impossible. Hopefully when Tim returns he will be taping his ankles so that this doesn't happen again for the rest of the season.

ALVAREZ6
03-20-2005, 07:58 PM
played the bench not pro ball
I don't see you on ESPN highlights either tough guy.

Just because you can bash on someone about something you don't even know makes you the coolest guy on earth!

timvp
03-20-2005, 08:01 PM
TD seriously needs to tape those ankles. Or at least his right one. Now that it's loose, it'll keep twisting and twisting anytime he lands wrong.

The weird thing is it shouldn't hurt anymore. The first time you sprain your ankle hurts. After that, it shouldn't be too much pain.

Duncan acts like he got his leg severed with a spoon or something and lays on the ground looking like a human pendulum.

http://physics.mtsu.edu/~wmr/pend.gif

MannyIsGod
03-20-2005, 08:05 PM
Seriously, by this point his ankles really should be very very loose. I've sprained my a dozen times apeiece and while it hurts for a bit, it's nothing that bad becasue of previous sprains.

stéphane
03-20-2005, 08:05 PM
European Champs this summer...
Tony will be part of it for sure...
About beno i heard from his own mouth that he would really like to parcipate but his health is what matters...
it's his first season he doesn't really know if he'll be on the ankles when comes euro's time.
Wait and see

About TD mmm how many games in a full season + playoffs? how many games during olympics? (tell me how many minutes TD played in Athens should be interesting stats...)

CHAMPS AGAIN
03-20-2005, 08:22 PM
I don't see you on ESPN highlights either tough guy.

Just because you can bash on someone about something you don't even know makes you the coolest guy on earth!

What are you doing bashing POP for the lost and calling him gay.I don't see you on espn either or maybe you come out on gay espn network LOSER,LOSER,LOSER :elephant

smeagol
03-20-2005, 10:18 PM
The Olympics are always to blame for NBA players' injuries. Funny how one month of competitions once every four years has such a negative effect on players.

picnroll
03-20-2005, 10:25 PM
One year World Championships. One year regional qulaifiers for WC. One year regional qualifiers for Olympics. One year Olympics. No breaks.

boutons
03-20-2005, 10:37 PM
Over-user injuries, like Tim's knee abruptly quitting on him last season against @DAL, could be linked to a few weeks of Olympic basketball.

But people seem to think that if Duncan hadn't done the Olympics, he would have come down on Rasheed's foot today and his ankle wouldn't have rolled, nor the previous 2 or 3 times he's rolled it this season.

I just don't think playing a few weeks of Olympic basketall is so very different or more "over-using" than the weeks of off-season practice and workouts Tim would have put in anyway between May and Oct if he hadn't done the Olympics.

Now I hear he won't tape his ankles as thoroughly as possible, nor will he wear knee pads, but he repeatedly rolls his ankles, gets his knees repeatedly banged and bruised.

Same with Manu. He said he felt great to start the season, after one month of doing nothing after Athens, came back with no aches or pains or injuries in October, started the season with incredible energy. Are all his current aches and pains and contusions and groin directly traceable to Athens? I really don't think so.

smeagol
03-20-2005, 10:38 PM
One year World Championships. One year regional qulaifiers for WC. One year regional qualifiers for Olympics. One year Olympics. No breaks.
There are other sports, such as soccer, where players compete in their national tournaments and also play in the Olympic qualifiers, the WC qualifiers, their regional championships (Copa America, EuroCup, etc), the Olympics, the World Cup. They usually rest no more than one month per year.

I've never heard from Pele, Maradona, Beckham, Platini, Ronaldo, Roberto Carlos, etc, etc: "Oh, I'm tired, I think I will skip this year's World Cup . . ."

smeagol
03-20-2005, 10:40 PM
Are all Manu's current aches and pains and contusions and groin directly traceable to Athens? I really don't think so.
Agreed

picnroll
03-20-2005, 10:42 PM
Soccer players don't play up to 100+ all out games a year either.

smeagol
03-20-2005, 10:46 PM
Soccer players don't play up to 100+ all out games a year either.
Then reduce the number of games in the NBA regular season.

picnroll
03-20-2005, 10:50 PM
Sure you tell the players to handover a few million a year so they can play in the Olympics so Olympic officials can make a few million.

smeagol
03-20-2005, 11:01 PM
Sure you tell the players to handover a few million a year so they can play in the Olympics so Olympic officials can make a few million.
Huh?

PnR, the pressure of representing your country in the Olympics will not go away. The NBA will have to deal with it. Fuck the Olympics does not cut it.

MI21
03-20-2005, 11:03 PM
Yep, if only Timmy was a little more selfish and chose to rest up instead of competiting in the big scam.

Also, Manny is right in his point about Adidas. Tim has had probably 7/8 ankle sprains that have looked quite bad over the last 2 years, all wearing adidas. Before that, when he wore Nike, I can guarentee these things weren't happening as often. I don't know whether it is coincidence or not, but the Nike shoes he used to wear were of higher cut and designed much with being a bigman in mind. The Adidas he wears I don't rate at all, and the sheos must have something to do with him rolling his ankle every 15 games. Also yes, he should most definitly be taping those money making ankles u, why he doesn't I have no clue.

picnroll
03-20-2005, 11:08 PM
Huh?

PnR, the pressure of representing your country in the Olympics will not go away. The NBA will have to deal with it. Fuck the Olympics does not cut it.
Guess you've never seen any of the exposes of the Sultans of te Olympics and how they live like royalty. Hell you even have officials being bought off refereeing competitons.

If the players don't want to go they won't. If owners, who pay their salaries don't let them go because the owners will be stuck paying $100 million dollar salaries on injured players, they won't. FranklyI don't give a rats ass about Olympic basketball. Let the US send YMCA league players and let East Bumfuck win the gold.

Guru of Nothing
03-20-2005, 11:11 PM
Huh?

Therein lies the difference. Most of us like the Spurs more than our respective Olympic team.

adidas11
03-20-2005, 11:20 PM
Picnroll, soccer is a far more demanding sport on the body and legs than soccer is.

stéphane
03-20-2005, 11:21 PM
Picnroll, soccer is a far more demanding sport on the body and legs than soccer is.
edit time :rolleyes

picnroll
03-20-2005, 11:22 PM
Just when I started to understand Ducks adidas11 comes along.

stéphane
03-20-2005, 11:25 PM
no its easy :lol
soccer >>>><<<<< soccer
called a mistype i think :angel

Guru of Nothing
03-20-2005, 11:26 PM
I sense this thread is taking a turn towards funny photos of soccer players getting kicked in the balls.

picnroll
03-20-2005, 11:27 PM
Actually one of adidas more intelligent posts of late.

stéphane
03-20-2005, 11:29 PM
I sense this thread is taking a turn towards funny photos of soccer players getting kicked in the balls.

may be better ^^ well sounds funny

lets try :lol
http://drole.humours.net/sport/sport-046.jpg

Extra Stout
03-21-2005, 10:29 AM
Wasn't Dwyane Wade on the Olympic team? I don't see him wearing down and suffering overuse injuries.

Dex
03-21-2005, 10:58 AM
A) Wade is only in his second year. He's all of what...22? Resilience often comes with youth.
B) He was a spot player, at best, in Athens as Brown and Pop seemed reluctant to play any of the rooks who weren't named Lebron James.
C) There is an exception to every rule.

BronxCowboy
03-21-2005, 01:03 PM
I have to agree with whoever it was that pointed out that Duncan would have rolled his ankle when he landed wrong regardless of how much rest he got during the summer. The great ballplayers really don't take summers off anyway. GMAFB. The Adidas theory has more credibility than blaming it all on the Olympics.

kskonn
03-21-2005, 02:35 PM
Playing in International ball will really wear a player down, especially if he is on a team that goes deep into the playoffs year in and year out. I feel this will cause injuries like we saw with Tims knee last year against Dallas. However yesterday was just bad luck, he could have just woken up from a 1 year nap and his ankle would have gotten sprained.

Kori Ellis
03-21-2005, 02:49 PM
I have to agree with whoever it was that pointed out that Duncan would have rolled his ankle when he landed wrong regardless of how much rest he got during the summer.

This is the third time that he's rolled the same ankle. Don't you think it's partially due to the rigors of the schedule?

adidas11
03-21-2005, 03:09 PM
This is the third time that he's rolled the same ankle. Don't you think it's partially due to the rigors of the schedule?

I'm not too sure, Kori. It could be that due to rolling the ankle the first time early in the season, makes it more suseptacle (spelling?) to rolling it the second and third time. Without being given enough proper time to let the ankle fully heal.

I think the playing too many games during the season plus summer Olympics arguments comes into play for wear and tear type of injuries, like having a knee go out, or inflamation of the back, for examples.

polandprzem
03-21-2005, 04:16 PM
It was Timmy's decision to play the olympics.

But we have too little rest, no taping and maybe even freaking bad luck.
don't blame the Olympics (it's rediciolous) ask Iverson.

Maybe NBA shoud stop play the playoff or reduce the regular season to 50 games in the same streach of time?????????????????????????

SLOVENIAN 8
03-21-2005, 04:17 PM
Olympics have nothing to do with his ankle

boutons
03-21-2005, 04:40 PM
I would agree that Tim's knee quitting on him @DAL last season, tendonitis, was an over-use/fatigue injury.

I won't accept that Tim's ankle would have resisted yesterday's rollover if he had spent the summer on a Virgin Island beach, instead of in Athens.

How "tough" were Olympics games? How many minutes did Pop let him play? How many Olympics games and practices were there?

Would not have Tim, coming in from the beach, still spent some hours/day all summer "over-using" his legs and ankles in practice?

stéphane
03-21-2005, 04:55 PM
regular season length = 82games
+
playoff games
=
exhausted players

damn don't you realize that's a LOT?
is it because i leave in europe or something?
lets go back to soccer for a minute for a comparison
if you are one of the best french soccer player and if you win all the games in a season its like... 38regular season games + 15european cup + 12national cup + national events(lets say 15ish when its a WC year) = 80games
so way less than NBA
and dont you think traveling all around such a big country doesn't make resting easier...
if you want to blame something for players regular injuries just blame money...
more games = more money
take your regular season down to 50ish games and you'll see far less injuries...
how can you blame a player for participating to an event such as olympics...Olympic games is THE competition an athlete want to be part of... *shruggs*

boutons
03-21-2005, 04:58 PM
80games

football games are 90 minutes vs NBA 48 minutes, what's the avg MPG for a star football?

SLOVENIAN 8
03-21-2005, 04:59 PM
But in soccer the game is 90min long(a lot of players play whole game), and a lot of training. And a few soccer players die in last 2 years.

stéphane
03-21-2005, 05:01 PM
do u guys played soccer and bball?
you play for 90min long but the type of effort is totally different...
you're not involved 100% of the time in a soccer game... and most of the soccer coaches make their star rest during less important matches when the schedule is overloaded to avoid injuries...

and 80 well NEVER happen because you never win all your matches so i think the max you can play is 80 but in reality i think its around 55games / year

SLOVENIAN 8
03-21-2005, 05:05 PM
do u guys played soccer and bball?
you play for 90min long but the type of effort is totally different...
you're not involved 100% of the time in a soccer game... and most of the soccer coaches make their star rest during less important matches when the schedule is overloaded to avoid injuries...

I play soccer a lot of time, and you must still runing a lot even if you dont have a ball. And you cant compare Basketball with Footbal. Totaly diferent game.

stéphane
03-21-2005, 05:09 PM
well i played both too and to be honest i was most of the time more tired after playing 30minutes in a bball game than after 90 in a soccer game...
bball is very intense compare to soccer, smaller court but way faster and less player involved...

TDfan2007
03-21-2005, 06:23 PM
Tim had ankle problems w/ Nike too. You're argument is flawed. He just needs to tape his ankles up more.

smeagol
03-21-2005, 06:24 PM
Therein lies the difference. Most of us like the Spurs more than our respective Olympic team.
If this is true, its a sad comment indeed. Prefering your local team over your National Team . . .

ALVAREZ6
03-21-2005, 06:43 PM
Soccer involves the best trained athletes in team sports in the world.

Most of the players run the whole game, 90 minutes, with 2 halfs.
For soccer, you need to have some crazy endurance. I used to play soccer and it was a lot of running, but I am also very tired in short time of play in basketball because it is a different type of running.

In basketball, the main type of running you do are sprints, especially if you're a guard. Running bacak to get on defense, and sprinting down the court on a fast break over and over again is tiring.
In soccer, you sprint when the ball is near you mainly, but if you're away from the ball you normally jog to another position.

Still, at the professional level, soccer players have more endurance than basketball players.

ShoogarBear
03-21-2005, 06:45 PM
If this is true, its a sad comment indeed. Prefering your local team over your National Team . . .

smeagol, I think the Olympics started losing their luster in the US once:

a) the novelty of NBA players particpating wore off
b) more international players played in the NBA (so we didn't need the Olympics to see them)
c) it became apparent that the US was going to be severly handicapped because they didn't have a full-time national team/coach.

Of course, that doesn't explain all the assholes in the US who last year were saying they wanted the US team to lose. I won't go into why people all of a sudden started saying that for the first time.

johnny00
03-21-2005, 06:46 PM
It's true for me. American basketball players have consistently mailed in thier games for the Olympics. NO ONE is playing for the honor and pride of thier country nor do they care to, just look and see how some of these idiots act during the playing of the national anthem. No it's all about the endorsment deals and the marketability of thier Olympic jerseys. Timmy has been playing basically for three years straight and his body is telling him it's time to give it a break. The NBA Championship Trophy is what's it all about now, and I dare you to tell me it isn't. Weather your European, African, American or whatever the basketball players of the world know that if you make it in the NBA you have made it to highest plateau of the game, and to win at that level is to win against the greatest players ANYWHERE (including Argentina!)

ALVAREZ6
03-21-2005, 07:14 PM
It's true for me. American basketball players have consistently mailed in thier games for the Olympics. NO ONE is playing for the honor and pride of thier country nor do they care to, just look and see how some of these idiots act during the playing of the national anthem. No it's all about the endorsment deals and the marketability of thier Olympic jerseys. Timmy has been playing basically for three years straight and his body is telling him it's time to give it a break. The NBA Championship Trophy is what's it all about now, and I dare you to tell me it isn't. Weather your European, African, American or whatever the basketball players of the world know that if you make it in the NBA you have made it to highest plateau of the game, and to win at that level is to win against the greatest players ANYWHERE (including Argentina!)
I agree with you.

I think that the NBA players aren't really playing for honor and pride for the US because they are used to bringing home the gold every 4 years. They sort of assume that they will win the Olympics every time it occurs. If you look at the type of players on the US national team, you don't see many players that are the type that would die for their country. I mean, AI, Melo, Lebron...they are great players, but not the type that WANT to honor their country.

I think the US coaches, or who ever decides who they want to represent their country in the Olympics, should decide more carefully. They should pick players with more leadership.
Also, many great players refused to play when they were invited to play for their country...what kind of crap is that. Some make an excuse that they are afraid of terrorism.

If my country asked me to represent them in any way, doesn't have to be basketball, I would do it.

SequSpur
03-21-2005, 07:34 PM
Tim needs wider shoes.

adidas11
03-21-2005, 10:10 PM
It's hard to draw a comparison between soccer and basketball. I've played both, including playing soccer both collegiately, and semi-pro. Soccer is more demanding on your legs in the long run. And the *type* of fitness required for both varies as well.

There is a reason why you can't play soccer games professionally on back-to-back days, but you can for basketball games. In Europe, a team will play 2 games or so every calendar week, which can include travel for the domestic league, playing in domestic cups, and the Champions League and UEFA Cup.

The difference between what a soccer player in Europe goes through, and what a basketball player in the NBA goes through is like night and day. If you're a star player who plays for a big club, you could realistically be playing continually from mid July (preaseason) through May. Two months of off-season. If it's during a year when the World Cup, or European Championships happen in the summer, then a player might have a off-season of TWO WEEKS (because those competitions run in June and July)

But let's get back to the topic of NBA players playing too much. The same arguments are brought about with soccer players as well. They club teams and their coaches are always complaining about the players playing way too many games internationally. It's the same principle that the NBA players go through if they choose to play in international competition. The only time for these international competitions is in the professional *off-season*, which can cause a major drain on the players themselves.

bonesinaz
03-21-2005, 11:10 PM

YES. You are exactly right here Kori. The bones and muscles get a better blood supply than do the tendons and ligaments. That is why it takes a longer time for tendons and ligaments to heal. Add to that:re-injury after re-injury and a player will have to sit out a few games.

The argument about less support in TD's shoes this season is ridiculous. The shoes available to the public only resemble an NBA star's shoes on the outside. The inside of the shoe is custom to the player. I am sure that the Spurs' team doc, trainers, PTs and OTs make sure that TD's shoes give him enough support.

stéphane
03-21-2005, 11:14 PM
YES. You are exactly right here Kori. The bones and muscles get a better blood supply than do the tendons and ligaments. That is why it takes a longer time for tendons and ligaments to heal. Add to that:re-injury after re-injury and a player will have to sit out a few games.

The argument about less support in TD's shoes this season is ridiculous. The shoes available to the public only resemble an NBA star's shoes on the outside. The inside of the shoe is custom to the player. I am sure that the Spurs' team doc, trainers, PTs and OTs make sure that TD's shoes give him enough support.
word.
good to see a smart post time to time
thank you

Drachen
03-22-2005, 12:57 AM

I would say that this is indeed true, in any of the professional sports that americans follow. I was happy about the olympics because it was a good distraction until the "real" (NBA) season began. Would I have liked the USA to win gold? Sure, it woulda been nice, but Id rather have the Spurs win the Championship.

I really think that the Dream Team was the last gasp of the olympics to stay relevant in the US. After the fall of the Soviet Union, they needed some kind of spin to keep us interested, luckily we decided to use NBA players and this worked, for a while. (damn it was fun to watch those guys play together)

smeagol
03-22-2005, 07:27 AM
Shoog, thanks for your response.

What I don't understand is people saying the US should send basically a group of nobodies to the Olympics. I guess if the US gets their ass kicked several Olympic Games in a row, people will change their view.

As per the Olympic-related injuries, the only ones having trouble unfortunately are Manu and Timmy (and Gasol, I guess) and we don't even know if their current injuries have something to do with the fact these two players played during the summer. People here are just speculating that that is the case. What I want to know is all those other players that played in the Olympics and are alive and kicking: Marion, Amare, Bron, Melo (he did not play much, I will give you that), Arroyo, AI, etc, etc.

ShoogarBear
03-22-2005, 07:57 AM
Personally, everything in the Olympics except for track and field events is far less interesting to me than it was.

20 years ago, you couldn't tear me away from the TV during the summer Olympics. Even stuff like diving and bicycling that ordinarily would hold no interest. Now, between the professionalism and the politics . . . eh.

polandprzem
03-22-2005, 09:02 AM
^^^
World is going down.
Everything becoming fucked up.

ShoogarBear
03-22-2005, 10:13 AM
And I forgot to add, probably the worst thing of all is the television coverage.

Used to be, they'd just show the SPORT. And then occasionally you'd get some little background snippets on the really good athletes or the ones with an interesting story.

Now everything is a prepackaged 15 minute "Up-Close-And-Personal" (followed by 2-3 minutes of actual competition and 5 minutes of commericals) where every 25th-place US athlete has some mocked-up heartbreaking story. And if you're not a US athlete? Good luck ever getting on TV.

stéphane
03-22-2005, 01:34 PM
And I forgot to add, probably the worst thing of all is the television coverage.

Used to be, they'd just show the SPORT. And then occasionally you'd get some little background snippets on the really good athletes or the ones with an interesting story.

Now everything is a prepackaged 15 minute "Up-Close-And-Personal" (followed by 2-3 minutes of actual competition and 5 minutes of commericals) where every 25th-place US athlete has some mocked-up heartbreaking story. And if you're not a US athlete? Good luck ever getting on TV.
enjoy US TV :rollin