PDA

View Full Version : Post Game Quotes (Mavs Game One)

duncan228
04-19-2009, 03:22 AM
Recap and video here (http://www.nba.com/spurs/gameday/home.html).

The video interviews are Duncan, Parker, Gooden, and Mason Jr.

Post Game Quotes (http://www.nba.com/spurs/news/quotes_090418.html)

Gregg Popovich

On the game - "I liked the effort of our team tonight; I thought we did a great job. But the Mavericks just got us – that's the bottom line. Jose Barea and Brandon Bass did a wonderful job. We wanted other people to be involved for Dallas to help win the game for them. If they were going to win, we wanted other people to do it other than Jason and Dirk. I felt we did a great job on defending Jason and Dirk and a good job tonight on covering them. Most teams will let one of them get away but we did a good job of not letting that happen. The bench just gave them more than we can allow. They also did a great job on the boards and we made a few mistakes as well. Their size and athleticism served them well."

On three-point shooting in the game - "We had some threes but the only set plays we ran were at the end of the game to get rid of the deficit on out of bounds or time out situation plays. We didn't run plays to get threes during the regular part of the game."

On running the offense through Tony or Tim - "We went back and forth between the two, there was no conscience effort for one or the other. Sometimes Tony had the ball and sometimes Tim did. Those are the guys that generate our offense."

Tony Parker

On Jose Barea starting the second half - "I thought he was flopping because he's little but those ones can go both ways and it didn't go my way tonight. I'm going to have to adjust in Game 2."

On losing game 1 - "I don't know what's going on with those Game 1's but every time they're not starting well. There's no panic, just like if we won the game, you stay at the same level mentally. Now we're just going to go back and watch some film and come back stronger on Monday."

On Tim Duncan's performance - "I thought he played well tonight. He was aggressive; he was making his bank shots and playing pretty good defense on the boards. It was just one of those nights that it didn't go our way."

On game 2 - "It's going to be a big one now. It's going to be a big game and knowing the character of the team we'll come back strong."

Roger Mason Jr.

On the game - "We got some good looks but I think in that third quarter, their energy was higher than ours."

On if they played the defense they wanted to in the second half - "Obviously, they hit a lot of shots. We felt like we could have played a little bit better defense. But you have to give them credit. Their other guys stepped up. We put a lot of attention (Jason) Terry and (Dirk) Nowitzki and (Brandon) Bass and (Jose) Barea were big off the bench."

On the mood in the locker room post game - "It's one game. Obvioulsy, you want to win on your home court but they got this one. We'll bounce back and we'll have a good one on Monday."

Mavericks Head Coach Rick Carlisle

On the game - "I thought we battled extremely hard even in the first half when things weren't going particularly well. They threw a wave of good defense and good offense at us in the first quarter. You get down 13 in the first game and you're going to have to pull it together and fight back and we did. We got it to a reasonable number at halftime and then in the second half we just kept battling them. I'm happy for our guys. They been through a difficult year. It's been a trying year. We're a humble team, but we're hungry. We're going to keep battling. We know San Antonio's going to battle back hard and we know this is going to be a long series."

On starting Barea in the second half - "He was effective in the first half. The only way to get him on the floor for significantly more minutes was to start him and get him in the rotation with Jet (Terry) and with Jason (Kidd). He's played important minutes and started a lot of important games for us this year. It's something that I haven't hesitated to do because he's always responded. He was making good things happen so I felt we need him out there more in the second half."

On Dampier matching up with Duncan at both ends of the floor - "I thought Duncan played great, and we know he's not 100%. We know he's had a rough year physically and he had good numbers. 13 for 24 is a monster game, but there were a couple of key stops we were able to get. Damp put his body in the right position and he battled him. You're talking about one of the all-time great players and he's going to make great plays and make tough shots, and he did it over and over. There were one or two that we got him to miss, but then he may have just missed those on his own, too. To be able to do that and finish it off with big rebounds, they were big plays at the time."

On trying to slow down Tony Parker - "I don't know that you slow him down. You gotta just keep throwing bodies at him. You gotta have some different pick-and-roll coverages. He's a blur, and he's a great player. He's playoff tested. He's got an MVP from the Finals. We have great respect for him. In a game like this you gotta hope that he misses a few that he normally makes and that was probably the case."

On his instructions to Barea at halftime - "He knew what we needed him to do. We've gone with that lineup 15 games this year as a starting lineup. He and Kidd have played together well. We know how that lineup works. I don't have to say much to those guys. They know how it functions. Kidd's doing most of the play-calling, so he's getting us into the right stuff. It just comes down to, you know, we need to be more efficient. We had six or seven turnovers for seven points in the first half and they only had two for two points. This was going to be a game of inches. This is probably the most consistent team in the last decade than any team has ever been in this league. Their stats are virtually…the lines are so narrow between their wins and their losses. They're not going to beat themselves. You've got to be efficient and you've got to be disciplined as well. We did more of that in the second half."

On winning without Dirk having to go 150% - "Dirk had fouls in the first half. They were paying a lot of attention to him. In the second half, because of how they were playing him, even though he wasn't scoring a ton of points, the way they were playing him allowed us to get offense in other ways. Sometimes with great players that's what you have to do. If you try to fight and force the ball to him, they're going to make you look bad. The onus is on the other guys to step up. Josh Howard played great. 25 points in 29 minutes. I really labored over the decision to leave him out there down the stretch when we felt if we could keep him out it would be better for his ankle. The small lineup was able to finished the game well. That was big for us. Josh, during the period when we got the lead in the third quarter, made huge shots. He made great plays at both ends. He gives us a major lift."

On not getting too high about the win on the road - "I've been in this a lot as a player and a coach. Pop's a master and has been through this zillions of times. You don't get too high or too low. They won't get too low and we won't get too high. We're a humble team. We had it handed to us early this year and had to battle back. We have a great level or respect for the Spurs, and we know that every one of these games is going to be extremely difficult. We're hungry. We're going to stay hungry and we're going to keep battling."

Brandon Bass

On the game - "I mean, yeah. We just wanted to come in here and play the Spurs tough, try to get stops, slow some of them down and try to get the win."

On Bass’ performance tonight - "I just felt like when I got out there we needed some type of spark and that's what I tried to go out there and try to do."

On helping when Dirk got foul trouble - "With Dirk going out, it lifted everybody. We knew we had to step up with Dirk absent on the court and that’s what we did tonight."

On outscoring the Spurs bench - "Successful teams have good production from their players off the bench and that's what we need to continue to win."

Jose Barea

On the game - "It was great how we came out in the second half as we just played with energy tonight as I think the defense is what helped us."

On the bench play of the Mavericks - "That's what we needed as Jason Terry is going to always come off the bench firing. I think Brandon Bass did a hell of a job as anybody who came in did a good job. I played with energy as so did anybody else who came off the bench as they did a great job."

On guarding Tony Parker defensively tonight - "Coach told me at halftime I was going to start on him, so I just tried my hardest to bother him, stay in front of him as much as I could, take a couple charges and just do the best that I could, and it worked out."

AussieFanKurt
04-19-2009, 03:25 AM
hmmm interesting.
cmon pop.

Ice009
04-19-2009, 04:50 AM
wow that is pretty much what I thought Pop would say.

POP WAKE THE FUCK UP AND MAKE SOME CHANGES. NO MORE BONNER.

AussieFanKurt
04-19-2009, 05:48 AM
wow that is pretty much what I thought Pop would say.

:toast

ducks
04-19-2009, 10:07 AM
tp is pissed cool and says he will adjust

ducks
04-19-2009, 03:17 PM
tp said he was going to watch film
tp will be ready for him
mavs aleady made their only chess move

DPG21920
04-19-2009, 03:24 PM
:td at TP saying Barea flopped. There were a lot of bad calls, but Barea played a great defensive game against TP straight up.

hater
04-19-2009, 03:47 PM
:lmao

damn TP sounds like his vagina is hurting.

Truth is Joselito owned his ass. badly

he better nut up. it's the playoffs.

spursfan09
04-19-2009, 03:55 PM
So I guess there are some Spur fans happy to see TP fail. I wouldn't expect anything else from a few posters here.

Am I only the one that realized TP played the whole 3rd quarter except a few seconds? Got to find rest for him. How about playing GHill Pop?

hater
04-19-2009, 03:57 PM
So I guess there are some Spur fans happy to see TP fail. I wouldn't expect anything else from a few posters here.

Am I only the one that realized TP played the whole 3rd quarter except a few seconds? Got to find rest for him. How about playing GHill Pop?

happy? I am laughing at the fact that TP is crying like a Dallas maverick about flopping, when in truth, he got owned.

Texas_Ranger
04-19-2009, 04:08 PM
Barea did flop all the time... But he also owned Tony. Parker did nothing in 3rd and 4th quarter. Lets just hope he'll play better in game 2.

VaSpursFan
04-19-2009, 04:14 PM
:lmao

damn tp sounds like his vagina is hurting.

Truth is joselito owned his ass. Badly

he better nut up. It's the playoffs.

+1.

Obstructed_View
04-19-2009, 04:36 PM
:td at TP saying Barea flopped. There were a lot of bad calls, but Barea played a great defensive game against TP straight up.

Few have been complaining more loudly about the officiating in that game than I am, but I have zero issues with Barea's defense against Parker. It was excellent.

Compounded with other things like his Oklahoma City remark, I'm starting to get to the point where I'm realizing that Parker has a big fucking mouth and should just shut up and play.

Obstructed_View
04-19-2009, 04:38 PM

Stop being a twat. What does any of that have to do with his bitching about good defense? It's very un-spur-like. Nobody's happy to see him fail, but if he's going to fail, he should at least be classy about it.

DPG21920
04-19-2009, 04:40 PM
Few have been complaining more loudly about the officiating in that game than I am, but I have zero issues with Barea's defense against Parker. It was excellent.

Compounded with other things like his Oklahoma City remark, I'm starting to get to the point where I'm realizing that Parker has a big fucking mouth and should just shut up and play.

I agree with the first part. Tim was the one who got screwed. I thought Barea defended TP amazingly well. All credit to him.

I don't confuse honesty with being a "loud mouth". TP never goes way overboard with what he says and a lot of it sounds much worse when translated through print. He is not disrespectful, just confident and uninhibited.

Obstructed_View
04-19-2009, 04:46 PM
I don't confuse honesty with being a "loud mouth". TP never goes way overboard with what he says and a lot of it sounds much worse when translated through print. He is not disrespectful, just confident and uninhibited.

I also thought that maybe some of it is because of the subtleties of language, but there are too many times that Parker says something that makes me cringe, and where it was funny at first, a disturbing pattern is starting to emerge where he's beginning to just sound like another asshole Frenchman that can't keep his opinions to himself.

The jury's still out, as I just came around to this idea in the last five minutes when I thought about all the times lately that he's said something that is a little more frank than most athletes tend to be. I'm going to be paying a little more attention now to the things he says, though.

spursfan09
04-19-2009, 04:53 PM
Stop being a twat. What does any of that have to do with his bitching about good defense? It's very un-spur-like. Nobody's happy to see him fail, but if he's going to fail, he should at least be classy about it.

I don't see TP being unclassy. So many things are said about the Spurs that are unclassy, and TP said some things out of disapointment and anger. I know that dude got the best of him. It's one thing to say he's upset, but to say his "vagina" is hurting is not so classy either.

spursfan09
04-19-2009, 04:55 PM
I also thought that maybe some of it is because of the subtleties of language, but there are too many times that Parker says something that makes me cringe, and where it was funny at first, a disturbing pattern is starting to emerge where he's beginning to just sound like another asshole Frenchman that can't keep his opinions to himself.

The jury's still out, as I just came around to this idea in the last five minutes when I thought about all the times lately that he's said something that is a little more frank than most athletes tend to be. I'm going to be paying a little more attention now to the things he says, though.

You know he's half american right? maybe its his american coming out. And I'm sure Tony's so scared to have a poster on a message board paying more attention to what he says.

Strike
04-19-2009, 04:58 PM

+1. Giving Mason the point when we have Hill is retarded.

Too bad :pop: says :nope

HarlemHeat37
04-19-2009, 04:59 PM
Tony seems angry and determined..I better see 30 next game..

AussieFanKurt
04-19-2009, 04:59 PM
TP looked tired at some times
and because masons playing PG he isnt getting good looks
we need hill at PG so mason can get back to SG to get looks
Hill doesnt need to take a whole lot of shots anyway

Obstructed_View
04-19-2009, 05:03 PM
I don't see TP being unclassy. So many things are said about the Spurs that are unclassy, and TP said some things out of disapointment and anger. I know that dude got the best of him. It's one thing to say he's upset, but to say his "vagina" is hurting is not so classy either.

No, I certainly don't see you seeing TP being unclassy. You walked into this thread blindly defending him and suggesting that anyone that's critical of him is happy to see him fail. There's certainly no evidence any of that's going to change. Perhaps you should just change your name to Spur09fan and be done with it.

You know he's half american right? maybe its his american coming out.
But I thought you said that there's nothing wrong with anything he said. Are you trying to change the subject, again?

And I'm sure Tony's so scared to have a poster on a message board paying more attention to what he says.
Not nearly as scared as he would be if he didn't have you to sweep in and have his back, cowboy. :king

spursfan09
04-19-2009, 05:05 PM
TP looked tired at some times
and because masons playing PG he isnt getting good looks
we need hill at PG so mason can get back to SG to get looks
Hill doesnt need to take a whole lot of shots anyway

I just don't understand why we can't give Hill a try. It's mind boggling and frusterating. If Hill is given a chance and he shows he completly can not handle it then Okay he's not ready. I mean he gave TP a chance and look how good that turned out

kace
04-19-2009, 05:07 PM

fail to what ? to score 30 points and dish 10 assists ??

you act like he was awful. 24 and 8 doesn't seem too bad for me. not the best we've seen him played lately but if it's a fail, i guess you see TP better than any of us.

unless:

Obstructed_View
04-19-2009, 05:14 PM
fail to what ? to score 30 points and dish 10 assists ??

you act like he was awful. 24 and 8 doesn't seem too bad for me. not the best we've seen him played lately but if it's a fail, i guess you see TP better than any of us.

Since spursfan09 was the first one to bring up the term "fail", I presume that he meant that the team failed to win. After all, it is a team game, so reading off his stat line doesn't really change that, unless you care more about the individual players than the team.

If you make an attempt to go back and read, my issue was with Parker's quote, and unlike you, I've kept it on topic.

When you fail to find a single post where I've been critical of his play in yesterday's game, you can come on back to this thread to apologize.

spursfan09
04-19-2009, 05:15 PM
No, I certainly don't see you seeing TP being unclassy. You walked into this thread blindly defending him and suggesting that anyone that's critical of him is happy to see him fail. There's certainly no evidence any of that's going to change. Perhaps you should just change your name to Spur09fan and be done with it.

I don't have to prove anything to you. You can think I'm a fan of whoever.

But I thought you said that there's nothing wrong with anything he said. Are you trying to change the subject, again?

To me there isn't. I know you do and you think its French side. My question was why do you think it's his french side? Shows prejudice.

Not nearly as scared as he would be if he didn't have you to sweep in and have his back, cowboy.

I'm female btw. And hopefully TP keeps his opinions to himself to please you. Heaven foribid he speak his mind.

DPG21920
04-19-2009, 05:15 PM
Kace, if you just look at the boxscore TP had a good game. But when you actually watch the game you can see he struggled and his team lost. He looked tired, got caught up in going 1v1 with Barea and did not run the offense very well at times.

Like it or not, TP is a finals MVP and he has higher standards than most. When you watch the game, you cannot tell me that you thought TP played at the level he has all season long.

td4mvp21
04-19-2009, 05:17 PM
Tp was spot on with Barea flopping. That's the shit Ginobili does that gets everyone pissed off. TP knows how to tell it like it is.

spursfan09
04-19-2009, 05:17 PM
I agree TP didn't play to his potential. But to call him unclassy is something else.
That was all

DPG21920
04-19-2009, 05:19 PM
I fully expect TP to have a monster game on Monday. TP was not the only problem, but he can go a long way to ensure a win in game 2. He has bounced back after sub-par performances all year (and there have not been many) and if I was a betting man I would say TP absolutely owns next game.

kace
04-19-2009, 05:21 PM
If you make an attempt to go back and read, my issue was with Parker's quote.

Parker won't admit Barea played good on him. that's the way he is. He doesn't think Barea can stop him because Barea isn't a star. it's partially false since it's not the first time barea did a good job against him. but if that's the way TP can fire himself to get hot next game, you should back him. Especially when his comments are really not so special or cocky, or insulting, even if not classy though. (he just said he flopped a little bit, that's right ?)

Tim will say Dampier played well. it's a different mindset and Tim has also been criticized for being too classy and not enough proud (which is false).

Everyone has his own way to react, and as long as it stays really far from trash talking, we shouldn't see any problem in this.

Obstructed_View
04-19-2009, 05:22 PM
I don't have to prove anything to you. You can think I'm a fan of whoever.
It's not like your posts in this thread require anyone to guess who you are a fan of.

To me there isn't. I know you do and you think its French side. My question was why do you think it's his french side? Shows prejudice.
The same reason I think your defense of Parker is part blind devotion and part ignorance. He said Barea was flopping when he clearly wasn't. It was a classless remark. You don't think so. Tells me all I need to know about you.

I'm female btw. And hopefully TP keeps his opinions to himself to please you. Heaven foribid he speak his mind.
Speaking his mind is one thing. Heaven forbid he have any class when he does it. I simply made an observation. If he continues this way he's going to have more to worry about than little old me and you're going to be really busy trying to defend him.

Horse
04-19-2009, 05:23 PM
Let's get real Tony missed alot of shots he usually makes it just that simple. You'll see over the course of the series he will make most of what he missed last night. He got a little caught up trying to go one on one. But he'll get his head straight and we'll probly forget about gay j. but the time the series is over.

kace
04-19-2009, 05:25 PM
Kace, if you just look at the boxscore TP had a good game. But when you actually watch the game you can see he struggled and his team lost. He looked tired, got caught up in going 1v1 with Barea and did not run the offense very well at times.

Like it or not, TP is a finals MVP and he has higher standards than most. When you watch the game, you cannot tell me that you thought TP played at the level he has all season long.

i saw the game. and TP wasn't good enough for this team to win. and i will add that if TP stays at this level through the PO, as good as a 24-8 average is, it will be disappointing considering the superstar level we're all waiting him to be.

still, 24-8 cannot be considered a fail IMO.

Obstructed_View
04-19-2009, 05:26 PM
Parker won't admit Barea played good on him. that's the way he is. He doesn't think Barea can stop him because Barea isn't a star. it's partially false since it's not the first time barea did a good job against him. but if that's the way TP can fire himself to get hot next game, you should back him. Especially when his comments are really not so special or cocky, or insulting, even if not classy though. (he just said he flopped a little bit, that's right ?)

Tim will say Dampier played well. it's a different mindset and Tim has also been criticized for being too classy and not enough proud (which is false).

Everyone has his own way to react, and as long as it stays really far from trash talking, we shouldn't see any problem in this.

Taken by itself, it would be laughed off. I've done that two or three times this year with things Parker has said, and I'm simply worried that he's becoming too comfortable just saying whatever he thinks when there's a microphone in his face, and it won't take many more of those before he develops a reputation. If I didn't like him, I wouldn't be concerned about it.

And no Spurs fan in his or her right mind is going to back one of the Spurs' own players going out there sounding like Ray Allen after getting good clean defense put on them.

DPG21920
04-19-2009, 05:27 PM
No one said he failed. Someone made the TP big brother comment that Spurs fans "like to see TP fail". No one said TP failed at all, we simply said he did not play well.

Obstructed_View
04-19-2009, 05:30 PM
I agree TP didn't play to his potential. But to call him unclassy is something else.
That was all

Calling a guy out in a press conference for flopping when he drew legitimate charges is not classy, and there's not any way to defend it. I criticized AJ when he made his "bear-hug" defense comments, and there's not a player or coach on the Spurs I wouldn't go after if they did the same thing. That uncomfortable quotes from Tony Parker is starting to become a pattern worries me, and I simply mentioned it while we were on the topic. You are welcome to go browse another thread, but I'm done defending myself from Parker's fucking harem as though I haven't been rooting for him for ten years.

Obstructed_View
04-19-2009, 05:30 PM
No one said he failed. Someone made the TP big brother comment that Spurs fans "like to see TP fail". No one said TP failed at all, we simply said he did not play well.

And I never even said he didn't play well, I just said Barea wasn't "flopping".

kace
04-19-2009, 05:35 PM
Taken by itself, it would be laughed off. I've done that two or three times this year with things Parker has said, and I'm simply worried that he's becoming too comfortable just saying whatever he thinks when there's a microphone in his face, and it won't take many more of those before he develops a reputation. If I didn't like him, I wouldn't be concerned about it.

tony is cocky. nothing really bad or out of limits like KG, Marbury, KB or assholes like that. he seems to be a good guy. but he could be cocky and confident. but in this league, it just would be amazing if Tony had a reputation of being arrogant considering the level of arrogance all around.

And no Spurs fan in his or her right mind is going to back one of the Spurs' own players going out there sounding like Ray Allen after getting good clean defense put on them.

indeed, i thought barea flopped. He defended well, and you could argue that flop is part of the defense, but he still flopped IMO.

but what amazed me is that whenever an opponent has a good game and he's a PG, it turns in a TP thing.

what about fuckin Dampier being a beast on defense, outrebounding Tim and being 5-6 on offense. he scored almost as much as barea on less than half attempts. Dampier ? but, hey, it's Tim, so....

DPG21920
04-19-2009, 05:37 PM
And I never even said he didn't play well, I just said Barea wasn't "flopping".

The fact that Barea was able to take him out of his game leads one to believe he did not play well (compared to the level the Spurs need him at.) Barea did a great job. If he can keep it up then hats off to the guy.

I think TP owns from here on out, but other things need to be addressed as well if the Spurs are going to advance.

clubalien
04-19-2009, 05:44 PM
manu needs to see more minutes in the playoffs

Obstructed_View
04-19-2009, 05:52 PM
but what amazed me is that whenever an opponent has a good game and he's a PG, it turns in a TP thing.

what about fuckin Dampier being a beast on defense, outrebounding Tim and being 5-6 on offense. he scored almost as much as barea on less than half attempts. Dampier ? but, hey, it's Tim, so....

First of all, I can't for the life of me imagine why when an opposing point guard has a good game that somehow it turns into "a TP thing" considering Parker is the only point guard on the roster and plays the lion's share of the minutes. Must be a coincidence.

Second, none of that shit has any place in this thread. The criticism of Parker in this thread is primarily based upon what he said to the reporters. Your mischaracterizations of the people that are giving fair opinions on that topic as being Parker-haters adds nothing to the discussion.

If you want to know my opinions about the game, look in the top twenty threads, and I have dozens of posts giving my opinions on the subjects. If you want to start bad mouthing Tim Duncan because I said Parker's postgame quote concerns me, I'll tell you to stop changing the fucking subject or go to the correct thread to bitch about how shitty you think Duncan is. Otherwise I'm liable to accuse people of just bird-dogging the Parker threads to make sure nobody says anything negative about him.

ducks
04-19-2009, 05:56 PM

I agree
it is always tp faults spurs lose
tp played at a low level for him today
but duncan should have had more rebounds and atleast one block he had NONE

DPG21920
04-19-2009, 05:58 PM
I agree
it is always tp faults spurs lose
tp played at a low level for him today
but duncan should have had more rebounds and atleast one block he had NONE

:sleep

kace
04-19-2009, 06:01 PM
First of all, I can't for the life of me imagine why when an opposing point guard has a good game that somehow it turns into "a TP thing" considering Parker is the only point guard on the roster and plays the lion's share of the minutes. Must be a coincidence.

Second, none of that shit has any place in this thread. The criticism of Parker in this thread is primarily based upon what he said to the reporters. Your mischaracterizations of the people that are giving fair opinions on that topic as being Parker-haters adds nothing to the discussion.

If you want to know my opinions about the game, look in the top twenty threads, and I have dozens of posts giving my opinions on the subjects. If you want to start bad mouthing Tim Duncan because I said Parker's postgame quote concerns me, I'll tell you to stop changing the fucking subject or go to the correct thread to bitch about how shitty you think Duncan is. Otherwise I'm liable to accuse people of just bird-dogging the Parker threads to make sure nobody says anything negative about him.

i don't want to bad mouth Tim. he had a decent/good game. but these days, it seems that the "Duncan stopper" label has never been so claimed. i've seen many bigs doing well against him this year. and that's not a good sign. really worse that seeing a backup PG doing a good job here and there against Tony.

and still you see tons of post about the second fact and almost none about the first one.

spursfan09
04-19-2009, 06:06 PM
It's not like your posts in this thread require anyone to guess who you are a fan of.

The same reason I think your defense of Parker is part blind devotion and part ignorance. He said Barea was flopping when he clearly wasn't. It was a classless remark. You don't think so. Tells me all I need to know about you.

Speaking his mind is one thing. Heaven forbid he have any class when he does it. I simply made an observation. If he continues this way he's going to have more to worry about than little old me and you're going to be really busy trying to defend him.

If he is over the top on his remarks I won't bother defending him. I just don't think he made a classless remark. Why is that so hard for you to comprehend? He didn't make a classless remark, he was speaking his mind. I think Barea was flopping, kind of like ginobili does. if Barea can get away with it he's goin to do it.

ducks
04-19-2009, 06:12 PM
:sleep

bass and diamber went off and howard
tp had nothing to do with those two

DPG21920
04-19-2009, 06:16 PM
bass and diamber went off and howard
tp had nothing to do with those two

Once again you fail to recognize that when watching the game, TP looked like the one struggling. Not to mention he is fully healthy (TD is not) and Finley does not have the same expectations as TP.

No one is saying this loss was all on TP. Most are in agreement that even though his stat line looked nice, when you watched the game he clearly struggled.

Many things need to be corrected in order for the Spurs to win, but Barea played a great game against TP.

Borosai
04-19-2009, 06:30 PM
Barea flopped plenty out there, but also did a good job of staying in front of Parker on defense and attacking on offense.

And Pop's quotes suck. Great job? Really?

Russ
04-19-2009, 06:32 PM
I cannot believe the innacuarcy of these quotes. Just to start with Pop and compare what he actually said to these accounts.

What they say he said:

Gregg Popovich

On the game - "I liked the effort of our team tonight; I thought we did a great job. But the Mavericks just got us – that's the bottom line.

What he really said:

Gregg Popovich

On the game - "I liked the effort of our team tonight; I thought we did a [good] job [in that respect]. [And their bench] just got us – it was the bottom line.

Good vs. great? Maybe not such a big deal.

But the edited quote misses Pop's comment about the Mavs' bench winning the game for them. That's a major misquote IMO. :(

Obstructed_View
04-19-2009, 09:21 PM
If they aren't going to quote people accurately, how do they get away with putting it in quotes? Isn't that why the two words sound so much alike? I even think they're spelled the same.