PDA

View Full Version : Wanderlei on Anderson: "War is declared."

angelbelow
04-19-2009, 03:38 AM
http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/Wanderlei-on-Anderson-War-is-declared-17073

Anderson Silva discussed former teammate Wanderlei Silva’s move to 185 pounds last week, calling it “pretentious.” Wanderlei hasn’t taken too kindly to Anderson's remarks.

“I thought it was excellent being quoted by the champion without having had a fight in (Anderson’s) division,” Wanderlei told Sherdog.com. “It’s a sign that I’m already bothering him. Nobody kicks a tree that is not able to give fruits.”

Wanderlei also criticized Anderson for discussing Chute Boxe training sessions.

“Anyone who is a man knows that training shouldn’t be talked about. That’s a basic rule for any fighter: training is training. I’ll not say that I already knocked him out in training. … What happens in training has to stay inside the gym. Training is training and a real fight is a real fight.

“He is too cocky. I hope he can read this. … I never talked anything bad about him; I always respected him. He has always been my friend, always respected me, but now he came with that statement. I can’t understand that. I didn’t come down to 185 to face him. Actually I didn’t have that intention. … Changing divisions and fighting the champion would be too pretentious. I should have to have many fights before facing him, but concerning his last statements, I think the way is open and the war is declared.

“If he beats Thales, we will meet and we will see if he will be able to do everything he says. … He knows me; I know him. We trained a lot together. He knows my failures, but I also know his failures, and I know nobody has given him a hard time. Nobody has beaten his face badly. I believe the future is pretty promising. Let’s wait and see.”

While Wanderlei declared war on one former teammate, he opened the doors of his gym to another in Rafael Cordeiro, who recently left Chute Boxe.

“Besides being a great friend, Rafael is one of the best MMA trainers in the world,” Wanderlei said. “I can say that because I was trained by him for more than 10 years. The doors of my academy are open to him. It would be a pleasure to be trained by him again.”

dbreiden83080
04-19-2009, 10:43 AM
WOW, talk about getting nasty..

Evan
04-19-2009, 10:48 AM
Wanderlei and GSP up to bat for Silva. Works for me.

BlackSwordsMan
04-19-2009, 10:58 AM
anderson would crush wanderlei fuck off

robbie380
04-19-2009, 03:39 PM
seriously wanderlei? you've won like once in the past 3 years.

angelbelow
04-19-2009, 05:25 PM
seriously wanderlei? you've won like once in the past 3 years.

with that said though, maybe dropping to 185 is a good move for wandy. im still a big fan of his, but youre right, he hasnt looked spectacular in the UFC.

The TroutBum
04-20-2009, 12:53 AM
I would love to see Anderson stomp that cock sucker.

angelbelow
04-20-2009, 11:30 PM

shouldnt be too easy for anderson, they trained together for years. they know each other pretty well.

dallaskd
04-21-2009, 04:22 PM
I can't see Wandy-Anderson happening if Rich beats Wandy.

LEONARD
04-21-2009, 05:13 PM

What about Wanderlei makes him a "cock sucker"???

Evan
04-21-2009, 06:41 PM
What about Wanderlei makes him a "cock sucker"???

Yeah no kidding...he's probably the nicest dude in MMA. If you happen to see him in public I hear he will stand there and talk to you as long as you want and he'll be smiling the whole time..

dallaskd
04-21-2009, 08:40 PM
I love Wandy. I miss when he was a crazy ass mother fucker in Pride.

Evan
04-21-2009, 09:38 PM

EPO drugged up fighters but it was a damn good show :depressed

dbreiden83080
04-21-2009, 11:40 PM
Wandy is one of the all time legends in MMA, anyone who does not respect the hell out of him and what he has accomplished is either painfully ill-informed or a complete fucking A-Hole..

Evan
04-22-2009, 07:25 AM
In fact the only nicer guy I can think of nicer than him is the dude from the last TUF who hugged everyone.

ATRAIN
04-22-2009, 08:05 AM

Same here, he is the guy that got me into MMA.

With that being said Anderson would crush him like a bug.

LEONARD
04-22-2009, 08:20 AM
In fact the only nicer guy I can think of nicer than him is the dude from the last TUF who hugged everyone.

http://www.graciemag.com/data/images/news/categories/cat_146/fedor_02.jpg

polandprzem
04-22-2009, 08:59 AM

That TUF guy looks like Fedor Emelianenko

Evan
04-22-2009, 12:14 PM

Oh yeah good point.....

LEONARD
04-22-2009, 02:37 PM
You know what would kick unbelievable amounts of ass? Fedor on TUF 10…just mowing people down and smiling the whole way. Straight from TUF to a title shot… :fro

angelbelow
05-07-2009, 08:47 PM
You know what would kick unbelievable amounts of ass? Fedor on TUF 10…just mowing people down and smiling the whole way. Straight from TUF to a title shot… :fro

one of my dreams.. see fedor TUF leading to a title shot.

dbreiden83080
05-07-2009, 09:28 PM

If his MGT would stop asking Dana to build Stadiums in Russia, you never know it might happen..