PDA

View Full Version : G.Hill, Where art thou?

Yogurt210
04-19-2009, 07:40 AM
Wake up Pop.
We need this kid.

Yogurt210
04-19-2009, 08:02 AM
another note..

The rookie, in his first Playoffs game, torched the Celtics for 36 points, 11 assists and four boards as the young Bulls ran past the defending champs 105-103 in overtime in Game 1 of a first-round series.

D.Rose

Why does Pop. not believe in the youth anymore?

Everytime Udoka/Bonner play, we automatically lose intensity. Opposing teams just play them beyond the arc and that's it. No other consistent dimension to thier game.

AussieFanKurt
04-19-2009, 08:09 AM
we've already heard all this really
look in other threads

Yogurt210
04-19-2009, 08:37 AM
^ Then don't look in this one. :)

so...
I've been saying Pop was a horrible coach mid season, now everyone is starting to say now.

If everyone would just look/post in my thread months ago, we wouldn't have half these post now, lmao.

Sparco41
04-19-2009, 10:27 AM
I've always heard that Hill has just average speed for a guard. Barea would go right around him. Who would Hill guard? Spurs need a younger Bowen to put on Howard, a younger Duncan to put on Nowitski, and a more mature Parker to put on Barea. It was obvious in the fourth quarter that Barea had gotten into Parker's head--hey, wait a minute, this guy isn't supposed to be outplaying me!

Time to rebuild. Dallas, Detroit, and the Spurs all have very good players but not enough to get to the finals. A couple of those teams should be thinking of giving up some of their remaining good players and going into rebuilding mode. If the Spurs are willing to consider trading Parker, Ginobili, Duncan and Mason to up and coming teams that needs veterans to fill out their rosters, they can get a head start. The Spurs have not been able to get a superstar who would make a difference to come to San Antonio, and they're not going to get to the finals again with their current roster of aging stars.

tonylongoriafan
04-19-2009, 12:36 PM
i'm excited for hill's potential in the future BUT dude hasn't earned playing time this season...if you sit down and watch, i mean really watch, the minutes he's played, you would find out that he's no better at running the offense than rmj

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-19-2009, 12:55 PM
i'm excited for hill's potential in the future BUT dude hasn't earned playing time this season...if you sit down and watch, i mean really watch, the minutes he's played, you would find out that he's no better at running the offense than rmj

Running the offense? LMAO, yep, it's tough to come down and pass it to Tim...

And how many screens do you need to see Mase not fight through to give Hill a chance?

tonylongoriafan
04-19-2009, 01:16 PM
Running the offense? LMAO, yep, it's tough to come down and pass it to Tim...

And how many screens do you need to see Mase not fight through to give Hill a chance?

the spurs offense has evolved. the pick (sometimes multiple picks) and roll is the foundation of what the spurs do offensely. nearly everything the spurs are doing runs through parker, not duncan...if george hill could've proven himself, oh, let's say in games earlier in the season against lesser opponents and in practice, then maybe he would've earned some real playing time down the stretch...the fact that he was on the trading block for a big shows his real value.

i agree with you on mason's defense, but that was for only 7 minutes when parker didn't play last night.

roger mason jr is a better point guard right now than george hill is, hell you are probably a better point guard! mason gives us a better opportunity to score (as evidenced by his play late in the 3rd/early in the 4th)...although i wouldn't mind seeing JV in there for some of those 7 minutes.

itzsoweezee
04-19-2009, 01:24 PM

who gives a shit about running the offense. it won't matter if you're getting scorched by josh howard and some midget on the other end.

i gives a fuck about popovich's "system". i have more faith in the players than the shitty "system" popovich has put together.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-19-2009, 01:26 PM
the spurs offense has evolved. the pick (sometimes multiple picks) and roll is the foundation of what the spurs do offensely. nearly everything the spurs are doing runs through parker, not duncan...if george hill could've proven himself, oh, let's say in games earlier in the season against lesser opponents and in practice, then maybe he would've earned some real playing time down the stretch...the fact that he was on the trading block for a big shows his real value.

i agree with you on mason's defense, but that was for only 7 minutes when parker didn't play last night.

roger mason jr is a better point guard right now than george hill is, hell you are probably a better point guard! mason gives us a better opportunity to score (as evidenced by his play late in the 3rd/early in the 4th)...although i wouldn't mind seeing JV in there for some of those 7 minutes.

That was tongue partially in cheek...

Anyway, what's wrong with giving Hill run paired with Gooden? For the stretches with Duncan out and Gooden in, we are running a lot of isos for Gooden. You act like it'd be impossible for Hill to get him the ball.

Sadly though, this is such a moot discussion. Pop is a stubborn mofo, and we'll go down watching Bonner lead the way while our first round draft pick PG picks splinters out of his ass.

Bukefal
04-19-2009, 01:27 PM
we dont need him. he didnt play brilliant this season, so why we'd be better off without him

tonylongoriafan
04-19-2009, 01:36 PM
That was tongue partially in cheek...

Anyway, what's wrong with giving Hill run paired with Gooden? For the stretches with Duncan out and Gooden in, we are running a lot of isos for Gooden. You act like it'd be impossible for Hill to get him the ball.

Sadly though, this is such a moot discussion. Pop is a stubborn mofo, and we'll go down watching Bonner lead the way while our first round draft pick PG picks splinters out of his ass.

in game 5 of the 2005 nba finals beno udrith played for tony parker 42 seconds (+/- a few tenths). in that time, beno almost single handedly lost the spurs that game and that series. dude committed 3 critical turnovers, looked lost, and was encompassed by the pressure. and this year i've seen this with george hill in meaningless regular season games.

i partially agree with you that someone (either vaughn or hill) needs to get at least a couple minutes when parker or duncan is not on the floor. but this team, especially this year, has such a small margin for error. i almost rather take my chance having another shooter out there like mase or fin cause the offense will turn staggent without parker and more shooters give us a better probability of success.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-19-2009, 01:37 PM
we dont need him. he didnt play brilliant this season, so why we'd be better off without him

Signed, 0-1.

Horry never played well in the regular season for us back in the day, either...

DMX7
04-19-2009, 02:16 PM
He's not the solution to anything.

itzsoweezee
04-19-2009, 02:21 PM
He's not the solution to anything.

yes he is, this: http://i19.tinypic.com/4uahy6p.jpg

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-19-2009, 02:39 PM
in game 5 of the 2005 nba finals beno udrith played for tony parker 42 seconds (+/- a few tenths). in that time, beno almost single handedly lost the spurs that game and that series. dude committed 3 critical turnovers, looked lost, and was encompassed by the pressure. and this year i've seen this with george hill in meaningless regular season games.

i partially agree with you that someone (either vaughn or hill) needs to get at least a couple minutes when parker or duncan is not on the floor. but this team, especially this year, has such a small margin for error. i almost rather take my chance having another shooter out there like mase or fin cause the offense will turn staggent without parker and more shooters give us a better probability of success.

But Beno is (and was) a defensive sieve. You're getting a great defender in Hill. For the love of God, you're talking about someone that Pop has thrown at Kobe and others. And people also seem to be forgetting earlier in the season when he was going out and dropping 20 and hitting big shots.

Give the kid a chance, we know what we got ain't working...

Some of you guys would rather kiss Pop's ass all the way to a first round sweep than try anything different. Lame.