PDA

View Full Version : Why Pop has COMPLETELY lost it...

Yogurt210
04-19-2009, 09:00 AM
P.J. Carlesimo...
For the past five seasons (2002-07), Carlesimo served as Gregg Popovich’s lead assistant with the San Antonio Spurs, winners of three of the last five NBA titles. Prior to joining the Spurs, he was a broadcaster for NBC Sports and Spurs Television for two seasons.

As assistant coach, it has come to mind that he played a huge underlooked role for the Spurs. Since him leaving, it seem Pop's "Defensive principles" have vanished. Pop has gone senile and everybody see's it.

Maybe PJ kept Pop in check and had a huge say in how things went.
I always thought this guy was great for the Spurs, and I was sad when he left. Didn't think much of it when he did leave, until mid-season.

It's apparent, this guy played a HUGE role in how the Spurs play.
With him gone, Pop has No one to look to, and everybody on the Spurs Organization is too much of a pussy to say anything to Pop.

(besides Manu)

This is the only logical thing, and a perfect example of hard workers that don't get the praise they need and are hidden under the shadow of the people above them who take most ( if not all ) the credit.

Chris
04-19-2009, 09:08 AM
Good take. That's pretty much what I've been thinking all year.

Yogurt210
04-19-2009, 09:27 AM
another defensive stat from PJ...

The 1994-95 Blazers allowed 99.2 ppg, followed by 97.0 ppg and a then Blazers record 94.8 ppg in 1996-97. In June of 1997, Carlesimo was hired as the head coach of the Golden State Warriors, a position he held until December of 1999. The Warriors led the league in rebounding each of his first two seasons in Golden State. In addition, the 1998-99 Warriors set franchise records in field goal percentage defense (.420) and lowest points allowed (90.8). In six NBA seasons, Carlesimo has an overall NBA record of 183-222 (.452).

Agloco
04-19-2009, 10:42 AM
I'm glad someone else is using their head around here.

Yeah it's no coincidence that Pop's decision making has become suspect since PJ left. Kinda makes you think that PJ was the real ring leader and Pop just sorta went with the flow. Pop hasn't gone senile this season. He's been senile all along, it's just that PJ was always there to give him his medication. Now that the caretaker is gone, the cat's out of the bag.

I've never seen a coach make as many questionable decisions as Pop has down the stretch this season. All to the detriment of the Spurs ability to play any kind of consistent D.

One thing is for sure, unless the D shows up for the rest of the series this one is over.

Laker Lanny
04-19-2009, 10:48 AM
http://www.forumammo.com/cpg/albums/userpics/10438/InBeforeTheLock.gif

DeadlyDynasty
04-19-2009, 10:50 AM
I'm glad someone else is using their head around here.

Yeah it's no coincidence that Pop's decision making has become suspect since PJ left. Kinda makes you think that PJ was the real ring leader and Pop just sorta went with the flow. Pop hasn't gone senile this season. He's been senile all along, it's just that PJ was always there to give him his medication. Now that the caretaker is gone, the cat's out of the bag.

I've never seen a coach make as many questionable decisions as Pop has down the stretch this season. All to the detriment of the Spurs ability to play any kind of consistent D.

One thing is for sure, unless the D shows up for the rest of the series this one is over.
Their D has been suspect most of the year--especially in big games. Age along w/ wear-and-tear has hindered their quickness defensively

Creation88
04-19-2009, 11:10 AM
i completely agree. too many people overlooked PJ leaving. it's a shame, he was a great assistant.

spursfan1000
04-19-2009, 11:48 AM
Or.... it could be that our players are old and are getting worse.

TampaDude
04-19-2009, 11:48 AM
One and done. Mavs will sweep. The run is over.

Yogurt210
04-19-2009, 12:00 PM

mixture of both, but Pop is just making it 10x's worse.

peskypesky
04-19-2009, 12:22 PM

Nope. This is on Pop. He's coaching like a stupid prick.

Yogurt210
04-19-2009, 12:58 PM
To bad we can't de-activate pop and send him to the d-league, like he does to our players.

peskypesky
04-19-2009, 01:02 PM
To bad we can't de-activate pop and send him to the d-league, like he does to our players.

:lmao

:toast

Yogurt210
04-19-2009, 01:23 PM
imagine seeing his bum ass coaching in the d-league for a week or two like a bad kid in timeout.

maybe that will wake him up lmao