PDA

View Full Version : Where have all the Finley haters gone?

nz_spur
04-19-2009, 09:09 AM
at the start of the season many condemned the signing of Finley.

Where have they gone??? :rolleyes Moved on to Bonner?

Yogurt210
04-19-2009, 09:13 AM
To be honest, I always liked Finley.
The only reason he goes cold sometimes is because he doesn't get enough touches.

Coming from the Mavs he was a player who got alot of touches miss or make, he's been a quality player that way.

Kinda like Kobe/Allen Iverson.

I say run some more plays for Finley, that man can shoot.

And it seems his shooting percentage increases if there's a hand in his face, and if he's wide open it decreases. lol

Texas_Ranger
04-19-2009, 09:16 AM
Nobody hates Finley! He's the main reason we were southwest champs.
But we all hate that fuck Bonner!

Chris
04-19-2009, 09:16 AM
I really like how he is being aggressive and driving to the basket. Seems like ever since Manu went down, he has incorporated it more into his game.

urunobili
04-19-2009, 09:17 AM
:tu to this thread...

samikeyp
04-19-2009, 09:48 AM
They are coming up with anti-Bonner and anti-Pop threads. :)

papashango
04-19-2009, 10:51 AM
Yea they're all in the Bonner threads lol. Let's let them be. I'm sick of hearing their hate for Finley. I'm already sick of hearing their hate for Bonner.

Creation88
04-19-2009, 11:09 AM
i still hate Finley. he makes a few games winners and everyone forgives him for a horrible season. gimme a break.

bigdog
04-19-2009, 11:18 AM
I've loved Fin since he was signed. All the Finley haters are camping in the Bonner threads right now. Actually, everyone should be in the Bonner threads right now. lol.

loveforthegame
04-19-2009, 11:45 AM
They're just waiting until he has a stat line like Bonner did last night and then the Bonner threads will be replaced with Finley ones.

spursfan1000
04-19-2009, 11:46 AM
hehe I never hated Finley, actually hes my favorite player but I do hate POP for making him guard the studs. The only player I do hate is Matt Bonner who can't guard for his life without fouling.

TampaDude
04-19-2009, 11:50 AM
Finley has been absolute $$$ lately. Too bad it's all for nothing. Thanks, Pop... :bang

Borosai
04-19-2009, 12:03 PM
As long as he's making his shots I don't have a problem with him. Considering that is all he does out there, I think it's rather significant. It's the same issue with Bonner right now.

Pop asking players to do more than they are capable of is the bigger problem at the moment. (That includes starting Bonner at center when he doesn't rebound, as well as asking Finley to guard guys like Lebron).

Dr. Gonzo
04-19-2009, 12:04 PM
Fuck Finley.

spursfan1000
04-19-2009, 12:07 PM
Fuck Finley.

Fuck you. :p:

braeden0613
04-19-2009, 12:30 PM
I'm really glad Finley hit that shot on wednesday, but his defense yesterday was beyond poor. The spurs were -20 when he was in the game...-20!!

papashango
04-19-2009, 01:39 PM
Those +/- stats are bogus. I don't think it determines whether a guy played well or bad anyway. Clearly Bonner was the worst guy on the floor out there yet has the 3rd worst +/-? Not to mention Finley was out there when Bonner was out there for most of the night lol. I had no problem with Fin's defense. I thought he played off Josh too high though. And he kept doing it as if that was the gameplan. I'd prefer Josh to shoot the jumper too but atleast with a hand in his face. We played Wright the same way.

Obstructed_View
04-19-2009, 02:51 PM
Those +/- stats are bogus. I don't think it determines whether a guy played well or bad anyway. Clearly Bonner was the worst guy on the floor out there yet has the 3rd worst +/-? Not to mention Finley was out there when Bonner was out there for most of the night lol. I had no problem with Fin's defense. I thought he played off Josh too high though. And he kept doing it as if that was the gameplan. I'd prefer Josh to shoot the jumper too but atleast with a hand in his face. We played Wright the same way.

When a guy scores nearly 20 points and STILL has a -20, there's nothing remotely bogus about that.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
04-19-2009, 05:09 PM
Nobody hates Finley. People have a reaction to him because he is the epitome of both 2008, and 2009's glaring team's weakness and Pop's own blindness:

He is a one dimensional role player. He shoots shots. He is also a reminder that our "You need at least 3 all-stars to win a title" etc. is an archaic strategy in today's league.
Last night's game with this Bonner crap and the Mavs benefiting from guys like a J.J. "Who??" Barea wanting to prove themselves on a higher stage highlighted what is lacking in players 4-12's mentality.
Finley represents the whole team outside of The Big 3....Limited in talent because they're FILL IN THE BLANK
He is a former shell of his all-star self, and Pop validates that feeling by coddling him.. Now this gives him the excuse to run around excel at what he's JUST exceptional at, while not putting much effort as a teammate in other areas in spite of his limitations. So he hits a few gamewinners and gets a hot streak now and then? We're supposed to shut up when he does his lackluster job? Team's are fun when it's not just the stars trying to kick the other team's ass but the whole team. Finley and several of the team's players' haven't been fun to watch.
Finley expresses this best as our team's one-dimensional role player: "Hmmm... Let Tim, Tony and Manu do the work while we stand like statues in the corner and shoot threes all night long, then run back on D and wait for Pop to replace me with Bowen. "

I'm watching game 1 of the Laker games, and the Lakers bench still have scrubs like Luke Walton who do dirty work. Watching the Jazz roleplayers, (and the Mavs last night), all of them do teamwork and pitch in....
Manu got burnt out with the shitty role player nonsense. Tony is getting burnt out this year. Our stars shouldn't have to work that much harder. We should actually all be stepping up when someone gets injured, not just Tim or Tony, or Manu, every time.
Nobody fights for rebounds, or badgers people on D, they just have this mentality because they're already complacent in their limitations.
This is why we sucked this year. I remember Manu saying "it's not just one or two players stepping up, it's everyone should be looking to say what can I do to help, play better"

Fuck the philosophy of one-dimensional help. It's made it that much harder to compete with deep squads... next year if we keep signing these satiated veterans, Spurs will never keep up with contenders like the Lakers, Boston and Cavaliers, where the teammates don't just rely on their superstar but try their hardest to not piss them off by lounging around. The Veteran strategy is not bad, Grant Hill is an example of that, but coattail riders who get complacent in being one-dimensional is where the veteran strategy fails.

Finley has a wrking jumpshot. Big deal. It doesn't make him a hero.
Robert Horry wasn't just a shooter. He actually would make a block, steal or charge, Finley is what went wrong with our bench strategy. Manu's 6th man role didn't highlight how smart Coach Pop was or how fantastic Manu is in being a one man wrecking crew..nor did it highlight the big three's inability to co-exist. That was a red herring....

People can call out the Finley "haters" all they want, but they're just refusing to acknowledge that they have good basketball instincts. Watching the other teams during the playoffs make me sick.
There's a reason for Pop screaming on Friday to forget Manu-the "deus ex macina" .....because the help still plays like Finley.

timvp
04-19-2009, 05:12 PM
Uh yeah after Game 1 isn't the time to start a Finley Love thread. Any points he scored on the offensive end were more than negated by his defense.

SpursFan0728
04-19-2009, 05:17 PM
Uh yeah after Game 1 isn't the time to start a Finley Love thread. Any points he scored on the offensive end were more than negated by his defense.

:toast

I don't know if the thread starter notice but Findog was -20 in game1. By far the worse on the team.

Spurz iN 09
04-19-2009, 05:20 PM
They need to take all of Finley's minutes and give them to Roger Mason.

SA210
04-19-2009, 05:29 PM
They need to take all of Finley's minutes and give them to Roger Mason.

Bowen

Obstructed_View
04-19-2009, 05:42 PM
:toast

I don't know if the thread starter notice but Findog was -20 in game1. By far the worse on the team.

When you realize Bonner was -8 but he didn't score any points, and Finley was -20 and he scored 19, you get a picture of just how bad that is.

41times
04-19-2009, 05:51 PM
i am giving Finley props for his offensive performance. i certainly would have bet against him making all those shots. I was wrong about his shooting, for now.

But stick by my evaluation of his defensive game. It was bad as usual.

baseline bum
04-19-2009, 06:05 PM
I'm a Finley fan, but I hate his fucking role. He needs to be a shooter off the bench in limited minutes... maybe somewhat larger version of the Steve Kerr role from '03. Not a 'perimeter stopper' getting murdered on D 30 minutes a game. Finley was the player most detrimental to the Spurs effort last night. Even on a night he shot lights out he was still an enormous liability to the team. :pctoss

This series is over if Pop doesn't recognize that Bruce is a far superior player. With Bowen taking those minutes, I'd be confident in the Spurs coming back and taking this series. :bang

Mal
04-19-2009, 06:09 PM
Fin as role OK

Fin as 2nd option in offens, NO

mingus
04-19-2009, 06:15 PM
Finley is a very bad defender, no question . he should never be in the game if TD is out, unless he's gaurding someone with limited ability. When Td is in and Finley's man blows past him at least there's The Big Reliable clogging the lane.

and if he is he should def. not be guarding premier offensive scorers (ie Lebron, Kobe), or even good ones (ie Terry, Howard). he shouldn't ever be guarding anyone with any offensive ability at any point during a game. in this series, that leaves one player that he should be put on: that guy "Wright." otherwise he's a risk to put out there. i don't know, maybe Pop could try him out on Kidd? Kidd is pretty slow these days and doesn't really do much scoring. he could just sag off of him and hope he clanks jumpers.

papashango
04-19-2009, 06:34 PM
Fin's defense isn't as bad as you guys make it out to be. I mean Josh Howard had 25 points. Last I checked he wasn't a scrub. Now if I were coach I would've had Finley on Jason Kidd since he himself is a liability on offense. He refuses to shoot. Especially when the Mavs were throwing Barea and Kidd out there at the same time. Have Finley on Kidd and have Parker on Barea. Problem is, Parker himself had problems with Barea. Fin may not be a defensive juggernaut but last night he wasn't the only one to leave much desired on the defensive end. He got lit up for 25 by a ex-all star. What's the rest of the guys excuse for getting lit up by Brandon Bass and JJ Barea? Howard going off for 25 wasn't going to give the Mavs the win. Barea and Bass going off solidifed a win where JET and Dirk didn't do shit.

whottt
04-19-2009, 08:01 PM
Without Michael Finley we might have lost this game. :tu

Please read the FU Finley haters thread to see why this means shit.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
04-19-2009, 08:04 PM
Without Michael Finley we might have lost this game. :tu

Please read the FU Finley haters thread to see why this means shit.

:lol

whottt
04-19-2009, 09:57 PM
By the way...I'm still right here, looking at the +/- scores from this game:

Tim Duncan -1
Matt Bonner -8
Roger Mason 0
Tony Parker -4
Kurt Thomas -9
Ime Udoka 0
Bruce Bowen +2
Drew Gooden 0

Michael Finley -20

:lmao :lol

Holy shit that is an insane +/- score. I don't normally put much stock into single game +/- but Finley is on an island on himself on this mother fucker. He almost had a bigger negative rating that the rest of the team, combined.

That is telling. I don't believe I've ever seen that sort of diparity between one player and the rest of the team in my entire time as a basketball fan.

Here are some facts for you fucking Finley fans.

In 2006 douchbag came to the Spurs...we were rock fucking hard. We won back to back double ot games, we won a game 7 in the finals against the defending champs.

We were bad fucking ass and at the peak of the Spurs dominance.

We added Michael Finley to this team, and Pop made him a big part of it, because he's good enough to be a part of it talent wise, and we became weak, and started cracking under pressure, and the Mavs became stonger after losing him.

It is a joke to even put this dude in the same fucking sentence as Brent Barry...we gritted wins out to the max against the toughest comp with him. We have crackkkkkkkkkkked with Finley.

But Pop was going to play Finley, and Barry knew it...so did we all.

And that's why we now have this fucking Mavs bitch of a fucking team and have to hope for shit like the Warriors to come along and save us.

We made one major change after 2005 to 2006, we added Michael Finley as a big part of this team and we have never been the same team since.

AJ has nothing to do with them figuring us out, he is gone now and Rick Scrub is the coach and he has never come close to figuring us out before.

The link, the direct link between cracking stones or cracking under pressure, is Michael Finley...I don't give a fuck how many shots he makes that don't result in meaningful wins.

And Pop loves him with all his heart.

So in response, I'd like a to drop a big fuck you on Michael Finley, his stupid fucking fans and the rest of the suck he brought with him from Dallas, for fucking up my basketball team and turning them into the Mavs, and a big FU to his fans for their stupidity and one dimensional insight into the game.

You don't know shit when it's being crammed up your nose by the gallon.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-19-2009, 10:02 PM
:lol :lol

whottt, that post was amazing

whottt
04-19-2009, 10:10 PM
Thank you.

It felt good to post that :smokin

timvp
04-19-2009, 10:13 PM
Brent Barry quota.

Check.

whottt
04-19-2009, 10:19 PM
The 2007 Championship ought to come with an asterisk.

* won with Michael Finley on roster

That ought to count for like, 3 championships instead of just one.

Way I figure it, Michael Finley does not increase championships won, he subtracts from them...so like if we won one with him, we probably would have won 3 without him.

IMHO.

whottt
04-19-2009, 10:23 PM
No one was happier about the signing of Matt Bonner than I was. Obviously my choke radar kicks ass.

timvp
04-19-2009, 10:43 PM
The Scola trade was a good one. Bonner is much better than Scola ... and Drew Gooden or Kurt Thomas, for that matter.

whottt
04-19-2009, 10:47 PM
better to lose with Finley then not suck without him

DPG21920
04-19-2009, 10:48 PM
Whott, who is better, Bonner or Scola?

whottt
04-19-2009, 10:50 PM

Shouldn't you be at the Rockets forum?

DPG21920
04-19-2009, 10:50 PM
Shouldn't you be at the Rockets forum?

:wtf

DPG21920
04-19-2009, 10:53 PM
Can you not answer the question? Who is better Whott, Bonner or Scola?

whottt
04-19-2009, 10:55 PM
:wtf

You seem to have a compusion to discuss the Rockets and their players instead of the Spurs...I am merely asking why you are not a Rockets Forum doing so? Why sit here and suffer with the Spurs...I mean, Scola is still playing, you will still have something to look forward to should the Spurs lose.

You must be a Rovkets Scola Fan, why else would you be bringing up Scola, in this thread, at this time?

You take Scola, you go stick him up your fuckin ass...

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
04-19-2009, 10:56 PM
why!! This thread is going to go on forever now.

and the better question was, Scola or Finley!

DPG21920
04-19-2009, 10:57 PM
You seem to have a compusion to discuss the Rockets and their players instead of the Spurs...I am merely asking why you are not a Rockets Forum doing so? Why sit here and suffer with the Spurs...I mean, Scola is still playing, you will still have something to look forward to should the Spurs lose.

Why else would you be bringing up Scola, in this thread, at this time?

You take Scola, you go stick him up your fucking ass...

Please show me post where I discuss the Rockets? I rarely ever talk about the Rockets. I think you have me confused with someone else, considering I like Bonner better than Scola for the Spurs.

DPG21920
04-19-2009, 10:58 PM
Because Whott flames people because he says Bonner is not clutch, but then defends him like a hobbit guarding the ring when people bring up Scola.

whottt
04-19-2009, 10:58 PM
Can you not answer the question? Who is better Whott, Bonner or Scola?

Can you not go discuss the Rockets and their players in the NBA forum? With the other Rocket Fans that want to talk about Scola?

This is a Michael Finley thread in thre Spurs forum, why in the fuck you are bringing Luis Scola into it?

Do I like look I am in this thread to discuss fucking Scola?

Do you have OCD bout Luis fucing Scola or something?

If not, then the shut the fuck about Scola or go discuss him with the other people interested in discussing him at this particular time during the Spurs playoffs.

DPG21920
04-19-2009, 11:00 PM
Can you not go discuss the Rockets and their players in the NBA forum? With the other Rocket Fans that want to talk about Scola?

This is a Michael Finley thread in thre Spurs forum, why in the fuck you are bringing Luis Scola into it?

Do I like I am in this thread to discuss fucking Scola?

Do you have OCD bout Luis fucing Scola or something?

If not then the shut the fuck about Scola or go discuss him with the other people interested in discussing him at this particular time during the Spurs playoffs.

Didn't you bring up Bonner first in this thread? You quoted Timvp and said something about Bonner, why don't you take your Bonner talk out of the Finley thread....See how this works...

whottt
04-19-2009, 11:02 PM
DPG is going to follow the Rockets and root for them after the Spurs lose...pathetic.

timvp
It is a joke to even put this dude in the same fucking sentence as Brent Barry

You seem to have a compusion to discuss the Rockets and their players instead of the Spurs:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

MaNu4Tres
I'm sure Michael Finley is the reason why Manu is hurt and the reason why Pop plays Matt Bonner. Hell Michael Finley is the reason why Manu fouled dirk in 06. Michael Finley is the reason why Pop and R.C resigned Oberto Bonner and Vaughn within the first couple days of the free agency period in the summer of 2007, instead of trying to improve our roster by adding Scola. Finley also had the final say in trading the FIBA MVP to a division rival for some lube for the beginning of the Pop and Bonner affair.

Whott your on crack.

DPG21920
04-19-2009, 11:04 PM
"No one was happier with the Matt Bonner signing than me. Obviously my clutch radar kicks ass". Ring a bell d-bag?

Also, how come you do not get so testy when Timvp says to you: "Matt Bonner is better than Scola, Kurt Thomas, Oberto and Gooden combined"? Scared to call out someone that constantly owns you? Go to a Rockets board and discuss the Rockets, you obviously love to talk about Scola.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
04-19-2009, 11:05 PM
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

nice catch.

baseline bum
I'm a big Finley fan, but Michael Finley was one of the biggest reasons the Spurs lost last night. He got murdered by Howard, then Brandon Bass in that stretch where the team blew their lead. I don't want to put it all on him; Pop's the main goat with his insistence on using Finley 30+ minutes at the expense of Bowen and his insistence on making Roger play point ahead of Hill.

DPG21920

Thank you. Whott the f*ck is he talking about. I HARDLY EVER talk about the Rockets. He definitely has me confused with someone else. I would love to see him link post about me discussing the Rockets outside of the threads he starts about the Rockets.

Did Whott eat some Barry's and become delusional?

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
04-19-2009, 11:08 PM
I'm a big Finley fan, but Michael Finley was one of the biggest reasons the Spurs lost last night. He got murdered by Howard, then Brandon Bass in that stretch where the team blew their lead. I don't want to put it all on him; Pop's the main goat with his insistence on using Finley 30+ minutes at the expense of Bowen and his insistence on making Roger play point ahead of Hill.

Yup that for every shot Finley hit last night, he erased his, and others' points by being out of position at times by Josh Howard etc. blow by him...and lack of help defense.

whottt
04-19-2009, 11:09 PM
Didn't you bring up Bonner first in this thread? You quoted Timvp and said something about Bonner, why don't you take your Bonner talk out of the Finley thread....See how this works...

Yeah Bonner...is the starting PF for the Spurs. Finley plays for the Spurs.

Luis Scola has never played for the Spurs. He has absolutely nothing to do with what this team once was, or what it is now. Every other player I have mentioned does.

Futhermore, your entiire purpose in this thread is ignorant and uneeded, because discussing Scola has absolutely nothing to do with the future of this team either. Whereas both Finley and Bonner do.

So like I said...you take Scola, you stick him straight up your goddamn ass, and you go talk about his fucking ass with the other people give a shit about him right now.

Admit it...you're going to follow the Rockets if the Spurs lose aren't ya?

DPG21920
04-19-2009, 11:12 PM
Yeah Bonner...is the starting PF for the Spurs. Finley plays for the Spurs.

Luis Scola has never played for the Spurs. He has absolutely nothing to do with what this team once was, or what it is now. Every other player I have mentioned does.

Futhermore, your entiire purpose in this thread is ignorant and uneeded, because discussing Scola has absolutely nothing to do with the future of this team either. Whereas both Finley and Bonner do.

So like I said...you take Scola, you stick him straight up your goddamn ass, and you go talk about his fucking ass with the other people give a shit about him right now.

Admit it...you're going to follow the Rockets if the Spurs lose aren't ya?

:lol at how Timvp brings up Scola first and Whott forgets how to type :rollin

Please link to all the threads where I talk about Scola or the Rockets. If I do it so much, it should be quite easy for you to find. I am pretty sure I could hunt down the million threads where you are discussing Scola.

Admit it...you're obsessed with Scola and projecting you obsession onto me. You are delusional.

timvp
04-19-2009, 11:13 PM
whottt, who is the best out of Bonner, Gooden and Thomas? And if you don't pick Bonner, why did you change your mind?

whottt
04-19-2009, 11:14 PM

Brent Barry played for the Spurs and won 2 championships with them, including the one the year before Finley was signed on a team that showed a far dififerent character than any Spurs team since. Thar's the point.

It's relevant, Bonner is also relevant, Scola is not.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
04-19-2009, 11:15 PM
Thank you. Whott the f*ck is he talking about. I HARDLY EVER talk about the Rockets. He definitely has me confused with someone else. I would love to see him link post about me discussing the Rockets outside of the threads he starts about the Rockets.

Did Whott eat some Barry's and become delusional?
To be fair, Whottt had no control over Barry's destination.

I think it's just ironic for this thread discussion that Barry and Scola are now on the same team. :rollin

But I think it's a legitimate observation that some Argies who are Scola apologists will secretly follow Scola if the scenario played out that the Spurs would get eliminated and Rockets advanced...there's no question. :lol

It's no biggie...but still an amusing outcome from the Scola trade.

DPG21920
04-19-2009, 11:16 PM
Brent Barry played for the Spurs and won 2 championships with them, including the one the year before Finley was signed on a team that showed a far dififerent character than any Spurs team since. Thar's the point.

Brent plays for the Rockets now. Either back the Spurs and move on or go to a Rockets board. No one give a sh*t about Rockets or their players right now. You delusional, back peddling, history revisionist, Rocket lover.

whottt
04-19-2009, 11:17 PM
whottt, who is the best out of Bonner, Gooden and Thomas? And if you don't pick Bonner, why did you change your mind?

They all suck...you want me to pick degrees suck? I have done so many times.

Nonetheless, Finley is a choker even if he does it subtley, Bonner is also a choker...and for that matter so are Scola, Thomas and Gooden.

But out of all them...it's Finley that sucks the worst.

You betray the Spurs by covering your eyes and pretending it didn't happen and the character of this team didn't change immediately with the Finley signing and Pop's obession with playing him.

It's not funny...

It's over

And the reason why has nothing to do with Scola and everything to do with Finley and his being on the court so much.

Finley became part of the fabric this team, and it's a little more blue and silver because of him.

DPG21920
04-19-2009, 11:18 PM
The only reason I brought up Scola (which Whott does every other day along with BB) is because Whott talks crap about Bonner being clutch, but then gives Bonner love when compared to Scola.

He is a hypocrite. I will gladly bump some threads to show you what I am talking about.

baseline bum
04-19-2009, 11:20 PM

You should check Barry's +/- in that Dallas series vs Finley's, and get back to me:

They're in the boxscores on the right-hand side:
http://popcornmachine.net/GameFlows200605.html

Finley prob turned Barry into a pussy.

J.T.
04-19-2009, 11:20 PM
Michael Finley should be signed by teams with the intent of benching him once the playoffs start. He's got a worse playoff career stat sheet than Marvin Harrison.

whottt
04-19-2009, 11:25 PM
The only reason I brought up Scola (which Whott does every other day along with BB) is because Whott talks crap about Bonner being clutch, but then gives Bonner love when compared to Scola.

He is a hypocrite. I will gladly bump some threads to show you what I am talking about.

Yeah and it's funny...becuase Finley and Bonner suck you somehow think anything I've said about Scola has changed.

They are completely unrelated...not a thing I've said about Scola has changed.

Not a thing. Nothing on my opinion of Scola has changed just because Finley and Bonner suck.

I still think the same things about him...and I still think the same thingd about them.

Do you get it?

Now...I have talked about your Scola.

We have now talked about Scola.

We have done so in the Spurs forum as the Spurs cracked in a playoff series.

We have now discussed Scola, because you brought him into this thread.

Anything else?

Are you happy now "Spur" fan?

If so then...adios.

DPG21920
04-19-2009, 11:32 PM
Yeah and it's funny...becuase Finley and Bonner suck you somehow think anything I've said about Scola has changed.

They are completely unrelated...not a thing I've said about Scola has changed.

Not a thing. Nothing on my opinion of Scola has changed just because Finley and Bonner suck.

I still think the same things about him...and I still think the same thingd about them.

Do you get it?

Now...I have talked about your Scola.

We have now talked about Scola.

We have done so in the Spurs forum as the Spurs cracked in a playoff series.

Anything else?

Are you happy now "Spur" fan?

If so then...adios.

Who does Barry play for "Spur" fan?

J.T.
04-19-2009, 11:35 PM
Who does Barry play for "Spur" fan?

Just out of curiosity have you ever been out-Whataburgered? Cuz if you haven't we should go to Whataburger right fucking now. I'm serious. I just smoked like four bowls of resin out of my bong (scraping that ho was a bitch though right brah?). Meet me there in 20 minutes, corner of Evans and 281.

J.T.
04-19-2009, 11:36 PM
You gotta pay too. I'm so broke I'm smoking Pall Malls.

DPG21920
04-19-2009, 11:36 PM

Fail. Timvp brought Scola into the thread. Do you like getting owned Rocket fan. You are not a Spurs fan. You constantly rant about Scola and Barry. They are on the Rockets bro. If you love them so much, go to a Rockets board.

This is a Spurs board. Spurs are in a battle in the playoffs. If you cannot support the team "you root for", then GTFO.

DPG21920
04-19-2009, 11:38 PM
Just out of curiosity have you ever been out-Whataburgered? Cuz if you haven't we should go to Whataburger right fucking now. I'm serious. I just smoked like four bowls of resin out of my bong (scraping that ho was a bitch though right brah?). Meet me there in 20 minutes, corner of Evans and 281.

Are you a trolling?

J.T.
04-19-2009, 11:38 PM
Fail. Timvp brought Scola into the thread. Do you like getting owned Rocket fan. You are not a Spurs fan. You constantly rant about Scola and Barry. They are on the Rockets bro. If you love them so much, go to a Rockets board.

This is a Spurs board. Spurs are in a battle in the playoffs. If you cannot support the team "you root for", then GTFO.

The difference is whottt doesn't sleep in his Scola jersey like the rest of you do.

J.T.
04-19-2009, 11:39 PM
Are you a trolling?

Idk bout trolling but I was rolling balls yesterday at Marley Fest.

DPG21920
04-19-2009, 11:43 PM
I don't like Scola. I like Bonner for the Spurs more than what Scola can bring. Whott has me confused with someone else. I NEVER talk about the Rockets (meaning rocket talk comprises less than 1% of my posts).

Don't be a Jive Turkey. I asked Whott or now you to find any threads I started or posts I made about the Rockets and Scola. Please. I would love to see you try and dig and find some.

Whott talks about Scola more than anyone on this board. He talks about Barry more than anyone on this board. Then he confuses people with others and when he realizes it, just keeps going because it is impossible for him to say "oops".

DPG21920
04-19-2009, 11:43 PM
The difference is whottt doesn't sleep in his Scola jersey like the rest of you do.

No he sleeps in his Barry Rocket jersey.

J.T.
04-19-2009, 11:57 PM
Don't be a Jive Turkey. I asked Whott or now you to find any threads I started or posts I made about the Rockets and Scola. Please. I would love to see you try and dig and find some.

:lmao JT! Jive Turkey! I get it!

You mind if I use that one in my stand up routine? I don't have much material since it basically involves me taking a bunch of LSD and then winging it on stage.

whottt
04-20-2009, 12:06 AM
Brent plays for the Rockets now.

I don't care if he plays for Team Fucking Argentina now...he played for the Spurs in 2005 when they won the championship I referenced, and his role on that team was taken over by Finley. There is no way I could bring that up without mentioning Barry.

Luis Scola never played for the Spurs, not in 2005, not in 2006, not in 2007.

Either back the Spurs and move on or go to a Rockets board. No one give a sh*t about Rockets or their players right now..

You give a shit, you're the asking me questions about Scola, a player who has never played a second in a Spurs uniform.

DPG21920
04-20-2009, 12:09 AM
I don't care if he plays for Team Fucking Argentina now...he played for the Spurs in 2005 when they won the championship I referenced, and his role on that team was taken over by Finley. There is no way I could bring that up without mentioning Barry.

Luis Scola never played for the Spurs, not in 2005, not in 2006, not in 2007.

You give a shit, you're the asking me questions about Scola, a player who has never played a second in a Spurs uniform.

Nope, I was just echoing what Timvp asked you in this thread. I guess Timvp runs clutchfans as well.

I have already stated I like Bonner better than Scola for the Spurs. I also implored you to post a link to my "never ending Rockets talk", which you failed to do.

whottt
04-20-2009, 12:16 AM
Fail. Timvp brought Scola into the thread.

timvp was getting owned and he pulled out some lame reference to Scola and Thomas that is inaccurate.

Same shit he always does when he's getting owned.

Do you like getting owned Rocket fan. You are not a Spurs fan. You constantly rant about Scola and Barry. They are on the Rockets bro. If you love them so much, go to a Rockets board.

Wow you're pretty pathetic making the claim I brought up Scola.

You think just because timvp's a goddamn admin it somehow changes the fact that ya'll brought him up and not me?

I broght up Brent Barryh an ex-Spur that a title with this team in 2005 and replaced by Finley the following year when this started showing a decided lack of character.

There is absolutely no way I could do that without mentioning Barry...

Scola OTOH has absolutely nothing to do with any championship team or this playoff series...

I don't give a fuck if timvp is admin of the world.

And I don't give a fuck what you guys think you have achieved by your little team up...it's not going to make you right.

DPG21920
04-20-2009, 12:22 AM
So you admit it was not me who first brought Scola into this thread?

If that is the case, why did you not jump on Timvp before me and call him a Rocket fan that needs to post on a Rockets board?

whottt
04-20-2009, 12:24 AM
Nope, I was just echoing what Timvp asked you in this thread. I guess Timvp runs clutchfans as well.

I have already stated I like Bonner better than Scola for the Spurs. I also implored you to post a link to my "never ending Rockets talk", which you failed to do.

Ok I get it now...you actually agree with me on Bonner, it's just that timvp is the admin and you are an admin asskisser type that figured he needed help to win an argument with me because the fact that he is the admin and board owner isn't enough?

Is that what you are saying...not that you actually agree with him, but you just figured he could use some help?

An echo if you will?

I mean what was your point bringing Scola up as an echo...did I go and seek you out and start asking questions?

Or are you just the type that likes to help the big dog in the fight? Even when he's wrong? And by your own admission you disagree with him?

Thanks for explaining it...the fact that you are both a Scola and Finley fan makes sense now.

timvp
04-20-2009, 12:25 AM
timvp was getting owned Link?

Go back and see who first pointed out Finley shouldn't be praised for his game last night. And then apologize.

and he pulled out some lame reference to Scola and Thomas that is inaccurate. You have said Bonner is better than Scola. You have said that Scola is better than Thomas. You have said Bonner is better than Gooden. Don't deny facts.

Same shit he always does when he's getting owned. Link?

You think just because timvp's a goddamn admin it somehow changes the fact that ya'll brought him up and not me? Admin smack? Is this where you trade favors with the Mookie Crew so that they'll come in and back you up in threads?

DPG21920
04-20-2009, 12:25 AM
And I don't give a fuck what you guys think you have achieved by your little team up...it's not going to make you right.

It does not matter, Barry is a Rocket now and the Spurs are in a playoff dogfight. I never said you brought up Scola first. I simply said that by your logic, you are more of a Rocket fan than a Spurs fan, because you clearly talk about Scola/Barry more than anyone.

Timvp and I:http://www.wrestlingworld.it/Historical/Biografie/legionofdoom/legionlogo.jpg

J.T.
04-20-2009, 12:26 AM
Admin smack? Is this where you trade favors with the Mookie Crew so that they'll come in and back you up in threads?

I'm not part of the fucking mookie crew dude.

ElNono
04-20-2009, 12:27 AM
Whottt getting owned again. Some things never change... :lmao

timvp
04-20-2009, 12:29 AM
I'm not part of the fucking mookie crew dude.Never said you were. Freudian slip? :lol

What type of favors are you receiving?

DPG21920
04-20-2009, 12:29 AM
Ok I get it now...you actually agree with me on Bonner, it's just that timvp is the admin and you are an admin asskisser type that figured he needed help to win an argument with me because the fact that he is the admin and board owner isn't enough?

Is that what you are saying...not that you actually agree with him, but you just figured he could use some help?

An echo if you will?

I mean what was your point bringing Scola up as an echo...did I go and seek you out and start asking questions?

Or are you just the type that likes to help the big dog in the fight? Even when he's wrong? And by your own admission you disagree with him?

Thanks for explaining it...the fact that you are both a Scola and Finley fan makes sense now.

Yes, opening a thread on the 1st page of the forum = seeking you out. You are the one starting the "war of words" by jumping to stupid conclusions and calling me a Rocket fan when I rarely ever discuss the Rockets unless it pertains to the Spurs.

You say Barry played for the Spurs, so it is ok for you to talk about him. You act like Scola has no history with the Spurs, but clearly he does. Are you the one making the cutoffs for what constitutes what current Rockets one can discuss?

I am not "helping" anyone out. You are so paranoid about being wrong you really think people are ganging up on you :lmao. The whole point was to ask you a question that was going to lead to the discussion of clutch (Finley vs Bonner), but you had to run away in a different direction.

whottt
04-20-2009, 12:30 AM
Link?

Go back and see who first pointed out Finley shouldn't be praised for his game last night. And then apologize.

Go back and look at the post where I was blasting Finley for sucking and you turned it into a Barry quota post.

You have said Bonner is better than Scola.

And have I said anything in this thread to indicate that opinion has changed?

No, I haven't.

You have said that Scola is better than Thomas. You have said Bonner is better than Gooden. Don't deny facts.

See above response.

Link?

Admin smack? Is this where you trade favors with the Mookie Crew so that they'll come in and back you up in threads?

The Mookie crew are their own men and I argue with them as much as I do anyone, it's just not usually in the basketball forum.

Meanwhile...Finley sucks and changed the character of this team and no matter how many little Scola nutriders are on the board now throwing their support behind you...that hasn't changed.

J.T.
04-20-2009, 12:32 AM
Never said you were. Freudian slip? :lol

What type of favors are you receiving?

He keeps inviting me to these sex and cocaine parties where the dude to chick ratio is worse than a frat party.

whottt
04-20-2009, 12:34 AM
JT is his own man too...it just so happens JT and I watched this loss together and were made fully aware of the Finley effect as Brandon Bass turned into Wilt against us in teh final seconds of the game.

Between the Finley factor and the sub a red hot Duncan until we are 5 points down with 5 mins to go in the 4th against a veteran team...this loss was not mysterious at all.

And I don't care what other posts you want to quote or bring up about Scola or whoever...that +/- is a freak and exposes Finley completely.

Fuck Finley.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
04-20-2009, 12:36 AM
Whottt getting owned again. Some things never change... :lmao
:corn:
I don't see him as being owned in this thread.
He's made some good points about Finley for instance.

J.T.
04-20-2009, 12:38 AM
JT is his own man too...it just so happens JT and I watched this loss together and were made fully aware of the Finley effect as Brandon Bass turned into Wilt against us in teh final seconds of the game.

Yeah Finley really slowed my roll during that game. Not as much as that waiter who kept trying to make a pass at me though.

timvp
04-20-2009, 12:39 AM
He keeps inviting me to these sex and cocaine parties where the dude to chick ratio is worse than a frat party.Par.

JT is his own man too...it just so happens JT and I watched this loss togetherNot sure how I accidentally uncovered that fact but that was pretty smooth :hat

And I don't care what other posts you want to quote or bring up about Scola or whoever...that +/- is a freak and exposes Finley completely.

Fuck Finley.What have I said that goes against this? Again, read the thread. Start on page 1.

Don't get mad because Barry turned into a Scola homer. It wasn't my fault. You just hitched your wagon to a douche.

whottt
It does not matter, Barry is a Rocket now and the Spurs are in a playoff dogfight. I never said you brought up Scola first. I simply said that by your logic, you are more of a Rocket fan than a Spurs fan, because you clearly talk about Scola/Barry more than anyone.

Timvp and I:http://www.wrestlingworld.it/Historical/Biografie/legionofdoom/legionlogo.jpg

Uh Barry is not Scola...Barry is a guy who played a key role in title won by a team that showed a tremendous amount of character, that was the intent behind my brining him up, and I was not merely referening to this game, but the character of this team since Finley became a major part of it at the direct expense of Barry...it had absolutely nothing to do with the Rockets, much like Scola has absolutely nothing to do with the Spurs.

Barry and Scola are not the same and bringing them is not the same...Barry was a Spur that won a title with this team, Scola isn't.

DPG21920
RAVoQ2kshN8

nz_spur
04-20-2009, 12:42 AM
What happened to the Finley thread? It turned into an argument between Whott and DPG. :lol

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

whottt
04-20-2009, 12:44 AM
Don't get mad because Barry turned into a Scola homer. It wasn't my fault. You just hitched your wagon to a douche.

I don't give a fuck what is Barry is now...he was a Spur in 2005 when this team had what was arguably it's greatest season, including post season...and Michael Finley replaced him...I don't just mean this year, I mean starting in 2006 anbd continuing to this day.

And better a douche than turning us into the Mavs.

whottt
04-20-2009, 12:45 AM

El Nono is another Scola loving bandwaggoning admin asskisser, just like DPG...dime a dozen.

And they all showed up at the same time. I personally think fans like this becoming Spurfans are probably the second biggest factor behind Finley that this team is now the Mavs bitch.

Betcha he's both a Finley and Scola fan too, betcha he probably hadn't watched 5 Spurs games before Manu became a Spur either...I know exactly who I'm arging with and why I'm arging with them.

DPG21920
Go Spurs. FBB. FLS.

Staff Sgt. Dignam
RAVoQ2kshN8

Jive turkey? What is this, Nineteen fucking seventy three? How about I slam your lace curtain fucking head through a plate glass window? We'll see who's laughing then.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
04-20-2009, 12:47 AM
Go Spurs. FBB. FLS.

Are you from Argentina/and or Argie? Or is that some other poster??

DPG21920
04-20-2009, 12:48 AM
El Nono is another bandwaggoning admin asskisser...dime a dozen.

Isn't seeing an admin post something about Scola first, then ignoring it, then getting mad at the next person who does while claiming they started it and then calling them a Rocket fan, then admitting you saw the admin start it first but you did not say anything qualify as an admin asskisser?

DPG21920
04-20-2009, 12:50 AM
Are you from Argentina/and or Argie? Or is that some other poster??

Some other poster. I am from SA. I really don't hate Scola or BB, but when it comes to Spurs playoffs I do not care about them.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
04-20-2009, 12:55 AM
Some other poster. I am from SA. I really don't hate Scola or BB, but when it comes to Spurs playoffs I do not care about them.

K. Just curious.

If you were an Argie, and just saying that to make a point with Whottt/ save face in the thread...I wouldn't have believed you.

DPG21920
04-20-2009, 12:56 AM
K. Just curious.

If you were an Argie, and just saying that to make a point with Whottt/ save face in the thread...I wouldn't have believed you.

lol, why would I need to save face?

ElNono
04-20-2009, 12:56 AM

I'm not a Finley fan myself, and stated so plenty of times. That said, it's undeniable he has played fairly well the last 3 games (offensively, of course. You can't really count him for anything else really).
As far as whottt, when he starts insulting people he normally is getting fully owned. That's the way he operates. After he gets called out on some contradiction (like timvp did by posting two quotes from him saying and doing opposite things), he goes straight to the butthurt bitch mode.

Then again, his ass has 'Property of El Nono' written all over it.

Greg Oden
04-20-2009, 12:57 AM

because you're getting owned.

now i'm done. rack me.

DPG21920
04-20-2009, 12:58 AM
because you're getting owned.

now i'm done. rack me.

Is this Dirk4mvp? :blah

Greg Oden
04-20-2009, 01:00 AM
Is this Dirk4mvp? :blah

actually i'm bump but close enough.

DPG21920
04-20-2009, 01:01 AM

whottt
04-20-2009, 01:02 AM
Isn't seeing an admin post something about Scola first, then ignoring it

I didn't ignore it, I responded to it, he mentioned Scola along with 3-4 other players as a defensive parry to my very accurate assesment of his chokers radar.

You're the one that asked about the question about Scola and tried to turn this into a Scola prop thread.

then getting mad at the next person who does while claiming they started it and then calling them a Rocket fan

Who says I'm mad?

then admitting you saw the admin start it first but you did not say anything qualify as an admin asskisser?

I'm not kissking his ass...I'm arguing with him, I was aruing with him before you got here...it's you that kissing his ass, and hiding behind his skirt.

ElNono
04-20-2009, 01:02 AM

LOL, I thought you were tdoucheii for a second there...:lol

J.T.
04-20-2009, 01:03 AM
LOL, I thought you were tdoucheii for a second there...:lol

I have a 100MB excel spreadsheet catalogging who owns what trolls if you're interested.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
04-20-2009, 01:04 AM
I'm not a Finley fan myself, and stated so plenty of times. That said, it's undeniable he has played fairly well the last 3 games (offensively, of course. You can't really count him for anything else really).
Okay. I wasn't able to watch the two last regular season games, but I didn't think Finley played well at all in game 1. He wasn't horrible like Bonner, b ut he didn't play fairly well, either, even if he hit all his shots.

As far as whottt, when he starts insulting people he normally is getting fully owned. That's the way he operates. After he gets called out on some contradiction (like timvp did by posting two quotes from him saying and doing opposite things), he goes straight to the butthurt bitch mode.

Don't the insults get exchanged on both sides?

I think he defends himself well and can hold his own whenever these threads erupt IMO...maybe not all the time, but usually...

[quote]Then again, his ass has 'Property of El Nono' written all over it.

:lol I must have missed that thread

Greg Oden
04-20-2009, 01:04 AM
I have a 100MB excel spreadsheet catalogging who owns what trolls if you're interested.

hey brah send me that shit on my blackberry.

or just confirm that leonard is spursdynasty.

duncan228
04-20-2009, 01:05 AM

Brodie Bruce
04-20-2009, 01:06 AM

100 megs my ass. 90% of them are mouse so thats not possible.

Greg Oden

your seat is still saved :toast

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz

:lol That was based on the premise that you were another Argie poster.

I thought you were an Argie saying Fuck Luis Scola...In the context of how angry past Scola v. Whottt threads I've seen, it looked like you were renouncing your religion.

DPG21920
04-20-2009, 01:07 AM
For the sake of SpursTalk I will stop the madness. I just want to have a gtg, drink and laugh all the while watching the Spurs win.

J.T.
04-20-2009, 01:07 AM
hey brah send me that shit on my blackberry.

or just confirm that leonard is spursdynasty.

What kind of blackberry you got? I got the touch screen one and that shit is dope. Don't forget to buy the 8 gig memory stick and the leather cover-case thing cuz that shit will fall out of your car when you get out and crack the screen.

ElNono
04-20-2009, 01:09 AM
Okay. I wasn't able to watch the two last regular season games, but I didn't think Finley played well at all in game 1. He wasn't horrible like Bonner, b ut he didn't play fairly well, either, even if he hit all his shots.

Well, hate to break it to you, but I doubt we're going to get too much more from him. I'll be happy if he can just stay in the vicinity of JHo. At this point, that might be asking for too much. But making baskets is what he's out there for, and he's been making them when they have looked for him.

Don't the insults get exchanged on both sides?

I think he defends himself well and can hold his own whenever these threads erupt IMO...maybe not all the time, but usually...

Could be. I couldn't care less about whottt or his rants at this point really. His act has grown pretty old and repetitive. We can discuss Finley if you want. That's what this thread is about anyways.

Greg Oden
04-20-2009, 01:10 AM
What kind of blackberry you got? I got the touch screen one and that shit is dope. Don't forget to buy the 8 gig memory stick and the leather cover-case thing cuz that shit will fall out of your car when you get out and crack the screen.

a very nice one. i listen to all kinds of music on it. but what you wont be catching me listening to on it is a Grateful Dead album.

DPG21920
04-20-2009, 01:11 AM
Or Slayer.

Greg Oden
Or Slayer.

whottt's that?

ElNono
a very nice one. i listen to all kinds of music on it. but what you wont be catching me listening to on it is a Grateful Dead album.

Hows that sinus infection? :lol

J.T.
04-20-2009, 01:12 AM

What was it like going on tour with Buddy Holly and Elvis?

I bet they could score some good speed huh?

timvp
04-20-2009, 01:14 AM
You thought the Scola trade was a good one. You said Bonner is much better than Scola ... and Drew Gooden or Kurt Thomas, for that matter.

timvp was getting owned and he pulled out some lame reference to Scola and Thomas that is inaccurate.

You have said Bonner is better than Scola. You have said that Scola is better than Thomas. You have said Bonner is better than Gooden. Don't deny facts.

And have I said anything in this thread to indicate that opinion has changed?

No, I haven't.

:lmao Seriously, that is comedy gold. I'm not even trying to argue with you and you've succeeded in owning yourself multiple times.

Instead of buttering up allies off the board with favors, secrets, promises or whatever your temptation of choice is that day, try to figure out your own stance before proceeding to crap all over yourself.

DPG21920
04-20-2009, 01:15 AM
GTG bros. I am pumped.

Greg Oden
04-20-2009, 01:16 AM
Hows that sinus infection? :lol

blazers in 5.

J.T.
04-20-2009, 01:16 AM
I'm just stoned and trolling but if whottt trades sex favors for backup on SpursTalk that's more fucked up than how I gave CuckingFunt two thousand dollars for a face pic.

J.T.
04-20-2009, 01:19 AM
CuckingFunt

She's a moaner, btw.

whottt
04-20-2009, 01:19 AM
mavp

Yeah I really made an exception when I started calling you a RocketFan...

I'll explain certain differences...as far as I'm concerned you're just another douchebag newbie who I don't know from Adam and as far as I know you'll be gone as soon as the Spurs are done in the post season and the Rockets continue playing.

Timvp OTOH, in addition to being the owner of the board, is also someone I have met personally, his wife also, they've invited me to their home, he's done shit like take me to a Spursgame, let me be a mod on his board, and let me post pretty much freely for years, and have been arguing with him for several years now..and inspite of what it may seem his intent was, I know he's going to be here after the Spurs lose. I know he's not here because some player from his home country plays for the team...

I personally don't know what his intent with the Barry quota statement was but it's been something he's attempted to weaponize all year long in arguments with me to little or no effect. And I don't think he was attempting to turn this into a Scola prop thread. I think he was trying to parry a very effective Bonner bomb lobbed by myself.

And long before you got here I had many heated profanity laced arguments with him and in that entire time the most I ever provoked out of him was getting him to call me stupid once...

You OTOH, we either joining in the pileon due to the fact that you like Finley and Scola or else as I said earlier, you like to help the big dog in the fight...in either case I don't know you and you sound just like the other douchebag Scola fans that have inundated the board and fucked it up over the past several years with your confused system of NBA rooting interests.

And finally...I don't like pileon types....the echoer is deserving of less respect, since they are merely an echo, by their own admission.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
04-20-2009, 01:23 AM
Well, hate to break it to you, but I doubt we're going to get too much more from him. I'll be happy if he can just stay in the vicinity of JHo. At this point, that might be asking for too much. But making baskets is what he's out there for, and he's been making them when they have looked for him.

Well either Finley or Roger Mason have to step up their games by tomorrow. I don't care who it is. I just don't believe in Finley.
I believe Bowen should be getting more of his minutes, we rely on Tony's penetration/Tim kickouts enough as it is anyway so I don't see much of the difference if Bowen's out there and can take away more points on the defensive end than Finley.... while giving Roger ~ 15 shots instead of around 10...

Bowen hits his shots in the post-season so it wouldn't be that much of a risk on offense.

whottt
04-20-2009, 01:26 AM
:lmao Seriously, that is comedy gold. I'm not even trying to argue with you and you've succeeded in owning yourself multiple times.

Instead of buttering up allies off the board with favors, secrets, promises or whatever your temptation of choice is that day, try to figure out your own stance before proceeding to crap all over yourself.

I haven't buttered up shit..and it's BS, you know your little asskisser types will come running into any battle, no matter how wrong you may be.

And I don't think you win an argument based on numbers...I never have.

There's nothing hard to figure out about my stance...I like Bonner better than Scola, and Bonner is a choking bitch.

And I like Finley less than any of them.

You may think there's a contradiction there, but there isn't.

DPG21920
04-20-2009, 01:29 AM
Yeah I really made an exception when I started calling you a RocketFan...

I'll explain certain differences...as far as I'm concerned you're just another douchebag newbie who I don't know from Adam and as far as I know you'll be gone as soon as the Spurs are done in the post season and the Rockets continue playing.

Timvp OTOH, in addition to being the owner of the board, is also someone I have met personally, his wife also, they've invited me to their home, he's done shit like take me to a Spursgame, let me be a mod on his board, and let me post pretty much freely for years, and have been arguing with him for several years now..and inspite of what it may seem his intent was, I know he's going to be here after the Spurs lose. I know he's not here because some player from his home country plays for the team...

I personally don't know what his intent with the Barry quota statement was but it's been something he's attempted to weaponize all year long in arguments with me to little or no effect. And I don't think he was attempting to turn this into a Scola prop thread. I think he was trying to parry a very effective Bonner bomb lobbed by myself.

And long before you got here I had many heated profanity laced arguments with him and in that entire time the most I ever provoked out of him was getting him to call me stupid once...

You OTOH, we either joining in the pileon due to the fact that you like Finley and Scola or else as I said earlier, you like to help the big dog in the fight...in either case I don't know you and you sound just like the other douchebag Scola fans that have inundated the board and fucked it up over the past several years with your confused system of NBA rooting interests.

And finally...I don't like pileon types....the echoer is deserving of less respect, since they are merely an echo, by their own admission.

That was gut wrenchingly beautiful :cry.

I too have been to a GTG. I too have joked with Spurs fans on this board and met them personally. I guess the only way to find out if I will be here is to stick around.

Once again, I beg you to show any post or threads where I go on about my love for Scola. Please. You can end this argument so easily if you will just do this simple thing for which you claim there is ample evidence.

I don't respect people who cannot say I am wrong. I takes a real man to do that. It also takes a real man to recognize that the world is not against him and that maybe your own actions are what lead to your jaded sense of insecurity.

ElNono
04-20-2009, 01:32 AM
Well either Finley or Roger Mason have to step up their games by tomorrow. I don't care who it is. I just don't believe in Finley.
I believe Bowen should be getting more of his minutes, we rely on Tony's penetration/Tim kickouts enough as it is anyway so I don't see much of the difference if Bowen's out there and can take away more points on the defensive end than Finley.... while giving Roger ~ 15 shots instead of around 10...

Bowen hits his shots in the post-season so it wouldn't be that much of a risk on offense.

We need to play better defense. In a way, if anything, we know a little bit better how their second units operates. Should we go under or over the screen, that type of thing. Unfortunately, I also think Dallas will adjust to all the Dirk fronting, so we'll see a new episode there too. I agree Bowen needs more minutes. I thought he was pretty solid at the start of the game. I also agree with those who say Mason should play 2 and Hill should run the point in the second unit. We're running our offense off of TD when TP sits anyways, and for the most part they don't seem to be doubling.
And I do honestly think Gooden needs to be out there not because he's the second coming of Wilt, but because he's the guy in our roster most likely to make Dirk work on defense. Bonner sitting on the 3 point line ain't gonna do it. KT shooting jumpers ain't gonna do it. So this one is pretty clear cut.

DPG21920
04-20-2009, 01:34 AM
Also, like I said before, my point was to lead the discussion to clutch (Bonner vs Finley). I was going to stick up for Finley as I have all year. But you want to call me a "Rocket fan" because you have no legs to stand on. It has nothing to do with "joining the big dog", but I guess by your own admission you are the underdog, yet you say you continually own?

If you have ever quoted someone in agreement with them, that makes you someone who echoes as well. Which means you have no respect for yourself, which is quite evident.

Empty Vessels often make the loudest noises and you sure do raise a lot of hell.

timvp
04-20-2009, 01:40 AM
I haven't buttered up shit

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=439670&postcount=21
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=492062&postcount=24
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=514885&postcount=37
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=516840&postcount=20

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1899400&postcount=54

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2810563&postcount=486
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1992855&postcount=89
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1949433&postcount=191

It's an effective method you use but it does seem a bit drastic.

Oh well, whatever works :toast

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
04-20-2009, 01:46 AM
I agree Bowen needs more minutes. I thought he was pretty solid at the start of the game. I also agree with those who say Mason should play 2 and Hill should run the point in the second unit.

Agreed. He gave us a good cushion going into the first quarter and gave as spark in our team defense. Bowen only played 24 minutes and made 1-1 Three Pointers...He should stay out there longer if Bonner's gonna get minutes, for Tony and Tim's kickouts.

We're running our offense off of TD when TP sits anyways, and for the most part they don't seem to be doubling.
And I do honestly think Gooden needs to be out there not because he's the second coming of Wilt, but because he's the guy in our roster most likely to make Dirk work on defense. Bonner sitting on the 3 point line ain't gonna do it. KT shooting jumpers ain't gonna do it. So this one is pretty clear cut.

Agreed.

whottt
04-20-2009, 02:01 AM
Also, like I said before, my point was to lead the discussion to clutch (Bonner vs Finley).

I don't care what your point was...it was rooted in stupidity. They both suck ass and so does Scola...Finley worst of all.

This is obviously to much for you to grasp...so why don't you go be the echoing fart in another discussion?

I was going to stick up for Finley as I have all year.

Figures.

But you want to call me a "Rocket fan" because you have no legs to stand on. It has nothing to do with "joining the big dog", but I guess by your own admission you are the underdog, yet you say you continually own?

I call you a RocketFan because you tried to get me to prop Scola...I don't give a fuck what your convoluted explanations are...

You just don't have the guts to admit that's what you were doing.

If you have ever quoted someone in agreement with them, that makes you someone who echoes as well. Which means you have no respect for yourself, which is quite evident.

Your words...not mine.

Empty Vessels often make the loudest noises and you sure do raise a lot of hell.

Yeah but I only noticed you as the wind off timvp's ass...you obviously felt compelled to chime in based on opinions soley my own.

Whatever...at least I 'm not stupid enough to

A. Be a Finley fan and be completely ignorant to the fact that he sucks.

B. Be so stupid that I lack the comprehension that is possible for both Bonner and Scola to suck ass and be chokers and think one sucks more than the other.

It's simply impossible for tha to happen right?

I mean according to you, if I think Bonner is a choker I must now think Scola isn't one or something stupid like that?

Anyway.....ya'll are stupid fuckers, I don't care if there are 15 of you.

whottt
04-20-2009, 02:04 AM
It's an effective method you use but it does seem a bit drastic.

Oh well, whatever works :toast

Hey it's not like I bought them a car or anything.

DPG21920
04-20-2009, 02:05 AM
I don't care what your point was...it was rooted in stupidity. They both suck ass and so does Scola...Finley worst of all.

This is obviously to much for you to grasp...so why don't you go be the echoing fart in another discussion?

Figures.

I call you a RocketFan because you tried to get me to prop Scola...I don't give a fuck what your convoluted explanations are...

You just don't have the guts to admit that's what you were doing.

Your words...not mine.

Yeah but I only noticed you as the wind off timvp's ass...you obviously felt compelled to chime in based on opinions soley my own.

Whatever...at least I 'm not stupid enough to

A. Be a Finley fan and be completely ignorant to the fact that he sucks.

B. Be so stupid that I lack the comprehension that is possible for both Bonner and Scola to suck ass and be chokers and think one sucks more than the other.

It's simply impossible for tha to happen right?

I mean according to you, if I think Bonner is a choker I must now think Scola isn't one or something stupid like that?

Anyway.....ya'll are stupid fuckers, I don't care if there are 15 of you.

I asked you that question because I knew what you would say; Bonner is better than Scola for the Spurs. Which I agree with, so what were you saying?

holcs50
04-20-2009, 02:05 AM
Fin-dog is the fuckin man! Ive always liked fin and rarely see him as a glaring part to this teams problems. He should probably not play as much as he does at his age, but man can he shoot the lights out when he's on. If only we could rewind like 10 years to where he was a major threat to drive to the hoop, and was super athletic, then we would be an amazing team.

timvp
04-20-2009, 02:06 AM
Hey it's not like I bought them a car or anything.

Good idea. Keep that in your back pocket to reel in the big fish :tu

DPG21920
04-20-2009, 02:06 AM
Is it impossible to stick up for Finley while thinking he sucks? Is that a possibility?

DPG21920
04-20-2009, 02:08 AM
Timvp OTOH, in addition to being the owner of the board, is also someone I have met personally, his wife also, they've invited me to their home,

When he invited you to his home, was it to help him move in? Did you think he would echo your sentiments afterward?

whottt
04-20-2009, 02:09 AM

Me? I don't evne have $200 to my name. Would you believe that?

And can ya help a brother out?

timvp
04-20-2009, 02:11 AM
Me? I don't evne have $200 to my name. Would you believe that?

And can ya help a brother out?I already sent in my whottt friendship fee to your PayPal account. :toast

whottt
04-20-2009, 02:19 AM
I already sent in my whottt friendship fee to your PayPal account. :toast

I think you sent it to the wrong account dude...seriously.

whottt
04-20-2009, 02:21 AM
Is it impossible to stick up for Finley while thinking he sucks? Is that a possibility?

Pretty much...especially when the evidence that he sucks is a negative PM that is almost equal to the rest of the negative PM's on the team combined.

The only people that would excuse that shit are Mavs Fan.

J.T.
04-20-2009, 02:21 AM

Hook it up with some wheels brah. whottt only bought me a movie ticket and he didn't even put out. And that doesn't count the time I logged in under angel_luv and had my sister answer the phone to set up a meeting.

whottt
04-20-2009, 02:22 AM
Fin-dog is the fuckin man! Ive always liked fin and rarely see him as a glaring part to this teams problems. He should probably not play as much as he does at his age, but man can he shoot the lights out when he's on. If only we could rewind like 10 years to where he was a major threat to drive to the hoop, and was super athletic, then we would be an amazing team.

Good god...

holcs50
04-20-2009, 02:44 AM
Good god...

good god what whott what

whottt
04-20-2009, 02:50 AM
You should check Barry's +/- in that Dallas series vs Finley's, and get back to me:

They're in the boxscores on the right-hand side:
http://popcornmachine.net/GameFlows200605.html

Finley prob turned Barry into a pussy.

I checked it...and in the games I saw

A. Not a single one did Barry pull a -20 which is like 2 points short of all the other negative PM's on the team combined.

B. He was coming off the bench primarily, which means he wasn't getting the minutes on the court Finley was...is.

No...I dismiss +/- as a single game stat all the time on the basis that you can usually see the +/- sucking or not in groups that played together...

In this case, Finley owns the suck all to himself. It is a freak +/- score and the only conclusion is the Finley is poison against the Mavs and it spelled out in blinding neon lights.

But whatever...the Finley era has been one marred by collapses and crumbling...and one year of the Warriors doing our ditry work for us and clearing the way to a title.

That title we won in 05 was pure guts and grit, and a refusal to crumble, as was apprent in the back to back double OT wins, in which Duncan missed both games and Manu missed one.

Meanwhile...the Finley era we're Dirk Nowtiski and Brandon's Bass's bitch. Props Finley fans...how sweet this all is.

timvp
04-20-2009, 02:58 AM
whottt, you are a little slow on the draw on calling out Finley for his bad +/-. Last year against the Lakers, the Spurs actually outscored the Lakers in minutes Finley wasn't on the court. Finley had by far the worst +/- on the team for the series.

I'm not even sure how he manages to have such +/- games.

Check out this one where the other bench players were about the same ... expect for Finley's atrocious +/-:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore;_ylt=AoXBIm0p.rdzjDudTIpcEr6LvLYF?gid=200 8052113

Or this one when the Spurs blew out the Lakers .... yet Finley somehow managed to have a negative +/- while playing limited minutes with the starters around him:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore;_ylt=AgwZZWf6q8UawNjSDgGhV1KLvLYF?gid=200 8052524

Amazing :shootme

J.T.
04-20-2009, 02:58 AM
I remember when if you came to San Antonio and magically beat the Spurs, you got your ass fuckin' clowned in the 2nd game. Don't know if these team has the balls to do it.

timvp
04-20-2009, 03:01 AM
For the record, I think Michael Finley is a great person, a dedicated teammate and probably the easiest player Pop has ever had to coach.

But Pop has shown no ability to play Finley in a role that makes sense. Pop massively overrates Finley and just can't control himself. In the right role, Finley would be somewhat useful. But not in the roles Pop has used him in.

It might not be nice or fair to say, but given Pop's inability to coach him correctly, I can't wait for Finley to retire.

J.T.
04-20-2009, 03:05 AM
For the record, I think Michael Finley is a great person, a dedicated teammate and probably the easiest player Pop has ever had to coach.

But Pop has shown no ability to play Finley in a role that makes sense. Pop massively overrates Finley and just can't control himself. In the right role, Finley would be somewhat useful. But not in the roles Pop has used him in.

It might not be nice or fair to say, but given Pop's inability to coach him correctly, I can't wait for Finley to retire.

That's cool, but what are your thoughts on global warming?

Obstructed_View
04-20-2009, 03:07 AM
You guys are all idiots. The Spurs have four championships, and it's all because of Popovich - haven't you heard?

:lmao

whottt
04-20-2009, 03:08 AM
whottt, you are a little slow on the draw on calling out Finley for his bad +/-. Last year against the Lakers, the Spurs actually outscored the Lakers in minutes Finley wasn't on the court. Finley had by far the worst +/- on the team for the series.

I'm not even sure how he manages to have such +/- games.

Check out this one where the other bench players were about the same ... expect for Finley's atrocious +/-:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore;_ylt=AoXBIm0p.rdzjDudTIpcEr6LvLYF?gid=200 8052113

Or this one when the Spurs blew out the Lakers .... yet Finley somehow managed to have a negative +/- while playing limited minutes with the starters around him:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore;_ylt=AgwZZWf6q8UawNjSDgGhV1KLvLYF?gid=200 8052524

Amazing :shootme

Somehow everything becomes about Finley...I don't even think it's something he actually realizes happens. His teamates like him and respect him, but you know...his Mavs teamates didn't exactly miss him when he left, they knew something was up.

He commands more respect as a player than he deserves me thinks. Not just from his teamates, but from his coaches.

Irocnially enough dude...AJ hatcheted his ass from the Mavs and IMO was the A#1 reason he left Dallas. Yeah someone was going to get waived by Cuban..but it didn't have to be Finley.

At least AJ got it....too bad Pop doesn't :lmao

whottt
04-20-2009, 03:16 AM
You guys are all idiots. The Spurs have four championships, and it's all because of Popovich - haven't you heard?

:lmao

Honestly I love Pop, we aren't going to get anyone better....and part of me thinks this team is kind of being held together by bailing wire due to Pop manipulating the roster. Kind of like Torre was doing with the Yankees...

At the same time, he's also got tremendous imput into talent aquisition and he does get held accountable for the roster and all the weaknesses it has. Glairing weaknesses that you can see will be exploited from a mile off.

I do not want to see Pop get fired, I do not want to see him get thrown under the bus, he is a genius GM and the best FO thing that ever happened to the Spurs...but it's all about accountability and he's missed some wide open shots lately. Especially with the Finley infatuation.

loveforthegame
04-21-2009, 12:08 AM
So many have used Fin's - 20 in game 1 to prove how bad he was.

He led the team with +28 tonight so I guess he was the man.

J.T.
04-21-2009, 03:03 AM

Pfft. I won the all-you-can-eat downers competition and second place died.

Obstructed_View
04-21-2009, 03:27 AM

Yep, he was much much better, and he didn't need to make every shot to do it. Like I said, it's funny how Bruce Bowen can fix something that seems so broken.

whottt
04-21-2009, 03:45 AM

Would you mind explaining how it would have been possible for Finley to pull a -20 tonight with the way the rest of the team played?

It wasn't. IF you or I had started and the rest of the team played as well as they did tonight we wouldn't have had a negative 20.

Conversely...it is similarly nearly impossible that he pulled a negative 20 in game 1 since no one lese on the team had one lower than -9. That's bordering on impossible....it's astounding actually.