PDA

View Full Version : Portland is done, but...

SpursDynasty
04-19-2009, 01:50 PM
Well, Portland is done, and after seeing one of the biggest beatdowns I've ever seen, first I'll say to Portland fans "I told you so". I think Portland throwing a huge rally for making the playoffs was not a good idea. You basically are celebrating winning a championship with a championship parade type atmosphere, and you go into Game 1 with a sense of entitlement. What happens? Rockets beatdown. If the Rockets (guys who have never been out of the first round) are the one beating you down and you let AARON BROOKS go 10-for-17 :lol for 27 points, you know you've got a long way to go. So Portland fans should have been careful before they got too cocky on here...at the same time, Portland wasn't expected to even be in the playoffs, and as much as I hate the Rockets (they shouldn't be in the playoffs either), I would say Houston just went out and did what they were supposed to do... I'm surprised at the way Portland lost, but not that they lost.

You almost have to feel sorry for Portland considering the way things went after how pumped up the Rose Garden was, but I think the Blazers and their fans set themselves up for disappointment by overcelebrating a playoff berth. You still have to go out and play the games. Portland will either get swept and never make the playoffs again, or they'll actually try, but lose the series in 6.

No trash talking here, but Portland is done. Every team goes through this. The Spurs got knocked out by Utah when Duncan arrived. But at least the Spurs tried in the first round that year and didn't make fools out of themselves. Portland just went out and embarassed themselves last night. Worst of all, against the lowly Rockets and Aaron Brooks going for 27. When Aaron Brooks scores 27, you know you've played the absolute worst basketball that anyone could play.

IronMexican
04-19-2009, 01:57 PM
The Blazers are who we thought they were, and the Rockets didn't let them off the hook.

Double-Up
04-19-2009, 02:15 PM
I wouldn't say Portland is done, one thing I've learned being a Rocket fan and up 2-0 in 2 out of the last 3 series is that it ain't over till it's over.

resistanze
04-19-2009, 03:25 PM
Portland will either get swept and never make the playoffs again, or they'll actually try, but lose the series in 6.

:lol SD is in playoff form.

SpursFan0728
04-19-2009, 04:23 PM
Port is not a strong road team. This will be very hard for them to fight back the HCA.

sook
04-19-2009, 04:45 PM
Even if we lose game 2...all we have to do is win our home games and we win. Still I expect a HUGE game from them in game 2

tlongII
04-19-2009, 05:29 PM
SpursDynasty is now predicting the Rockets as the winners. This is a good thing. :tu

The Franchise
04-19-2009, 05:37 PM
Even if we lose game 2...all we have to do is win our home games and we win. Still I expect a HUGE game from them in game 2

I do as well. We will still win though. :king

KSeal
04-19-2009, 05:40 PM
SpursDynasty is now predicting the Rockets as the winners. This is a good thing. :tu

This may be the only hope the Blazers have at this point.

Banzai
04-19-2009, 05:41 PM
I wouldn't say Portland is done, one thing I've learned being a Rocket fan and up 2-0 in 2 out of the last 3 series is that it ain't over till it's over.

that ass in your sig is gigantic.

The Franchise
04-19-2009, 05:45 PM
that ass in your sig is gigantic.

That shit is sickening (is it elephantitis?). :lol

SpursDynasty
04-19-2009, 06:05 PM
Yao could average 50 points in this series

Roxsfan
04-19-2009, 09:38 PM
Aaron brooks is soooo much better than you describe. The lowly rox, at least you can hang your hat on the spurs taking game one at home to the mavs:lmao:flag:

Stump
04-19-2009, 09:52 PM
Even if he is, as usual, over the top, SD does have a point. Houston went in there with a chip on their shoulder, hungry to win the series and silence the critics. Portland wanted to win too, but already feels like the season is a success and didn't lay it all out there.

tlongII
04-19-2009, 09:54 PM
Our team was tight. Hopefully that doesn't happen in game 2.

DeadlyDynasty
04-19-2009, 09:58 PM
Our team was tight. Hopefully that doesn't happen in game 2.
whether it does or not is irrelevant at this point...Portland lost HCA and they're anemic on the road. Portland will be great next year...but this year they're one and done

KSeal
04-19-2009, 10:15 PM
whether it does or not is irrelevant at this point...Portland lost HCA and they're anemic on the road. Portland will be great next year...but this year they're one and done

Portland still needs to get some veterans this off season to do anything significant in the post season next year.

21_Blessings
04-19-2009, 10:24 PM
Portland will be great next year...but this year they're one and done

No Portland will still be a mediocre fringe playoff next season. They aren't very good.

peskypesky
04-19-2009, 10:44 PM
That shit is sickening (is it elephantitis?). :lol

i think it's called steatopygia or something like that.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/What-is-Steatopygia-51231.shtml

KSeal
04-19-2009, 11:03 PM
No Portland will still be a mediocre fringe playoff next season. They aren't very good.

They are young, so every person on that team is only going to be better next year and they are already a top four team in the dying west. They just need a couple of vets on their team to actually make noise in the playoffs.

21_Blessings
04-20-2009, 01:31 AM
They are young, so every person on that team is only going to be better next year and they are already a top four team in the dying west.

Aldridge isn't going to be much better than he already is. Same with Roy and Rudy. If Oden turns into Wilt Chamberlain Portland would be scary but we all know that isn't happening.

They just need a couple of vets on their team to actually make noise in the playoffs.

What they need is a real point guard. Until then, consistent 1st/2nd round exit team the next 5 seasons. Welcome to mediocrity Portland. ;)

Ghazi
04-20-2009, 01:34 AM
Portland is expected to take a step back next year according to the Plexiglass Principle

KSeal
04-20-2009, 02:08 AM
Aldridge isn't going to be much better than he already is. Same with Roy and Rudy. If Oden turns into Wilt Chamberlain Portland would be scary but we all know that isn't happening.

How can you say Aldridge won't be better next year, he has improved every single year and still clearly has room for improvement. Aldridge, Batum, Bayless and Oden (if he can stay remotely healthy) are all going to be better next year. The Blazers already match up extremely well with the best team in the west in LA and who even knows where half the teams in the west playoffs this year will even be next year. NO, Dallas, SA, and Utah could all be extremely worse next year. Just because they got crushed in their first playoff game ever against one of the few teams they don't match up well against doesn't mean they're never going to get good. Add some vets at the 1 and or 3 and someone off the bench and they could be a top team in the west.

Kai
04-20-2009, 02:34 AM
Portland is on the way up to elite status. They are definitely not going to regress, and just have to gain some experience. That being said, I don't know if they'll ever be better than this current Laker squad, if kept together.

21_Blessings
04-20-2009, 02:59 AM
How can you say Aldridge won't be better next year, he has improved every single year and still clearly has room for improvement.

No he hasn't really improved at all since last year. This is basically the Aldridge you're getting, which good, but nothing fantastic.

Aldridge, Batum, Bayless and Oden (if he can stay remotely healthy) are all going to be better next year.

Aldridge won't be like I said. You're overrating Batum. Career roleplayer. Oden will be slightly better.

Ariza (better than Batum) and Bynum (better than Oden) are going to be better next year and Gasol will still be better than Aldridge.

NO, Dallas, SA, and Utah could all be extremely worse next year. Just because they got crushed in their first playoff game ever against one of the few teams they don't match up well against doesn't mean they're never going to get good. Add some vets at the 1 and or 3 and someone off the bench and they could be a top team in the west.

Look at the closet Portland fan.

What vets are you referring to again? Yeah thought so.

Portland already has a solid bench. The problem is the Blazers are full of young guys and they won't be able to keep them all in the long run. Unless they get a top tier point guard relatively soon they are going absolutely nowhere in the West the next 5 years. The Lakers will curbstomp them every single year in the playoffs.

Lars
04-20-2009, 03:00 AM
Portland can have some succes if they figure out how to contain Yao.

KSeal
04-20-2009, 03:31 AM
won't be like I said. You're overrating Batum. Career roleplayer. Oden will be slightly better.

Ariza (better than Batum) and Bynum (better than Oden) are going to be better next year and Gasol will still be better than Aldridge.

Ariza is more likely then not, not even going to be a Laker next year due to his stock constantly rising and the Lakers limited money and needs increasing, and if he does stay a Laker then Odom most likely won't which is an even larger Laker role lost. Bynum gets injured just as much as Oden so there really isn't any certainty that he will even be there. If he stays healthy I agree he should improve and is better then Oden by far.

Gasol will still be better next year but their numbers are pretty close while LMA can improve so much if he just works on his post game and has the potential to be the far better defender the Gasol, lets be honest that isn't saying a whole lot, Gasol is not a good defensive player.

What vets are you referring to again? Yeah thought so.

Jason Kidd, Vince Carter, and maybe Joe Smith for a vet off the bench. There are guys out there they can sign as FA or trade for that will improve them.

21_Blessings
04-20-2009, 05:48 AM
Ariza is more likely then not, not even going to be a Laker next year due to his stock constantly rising and the Lakers limited money and needs increasing, and if he does stay a Laker then Odom most likely won't which is an even larger Laker role lost.

That's all pointless speculation. Even then with the economy the way it is Buss will have an easier time shelling out money than the more frugal owners who are waiting for 2010.

Even without Odom, the Lakers are leaps and bounds better than Portland.

Gasol will still be better next year but their numbers are pretty close while LMA can improve so much if he just works on his post game and has the potential to be the far better defender the Gasol, lets be honest that isn't saying a whole lot, Gasol is not a good defensive player.

Gasol is a better player than LMA. That's a fact. LMA will continue to be meek jumpshooter that will bust out a random sky hook once and while.

Jason Kidd, Vince Carter, and maybe Joe Smith for a vet off the bench. There are guys out there they can sign as FA or trade for that will improve them.

Kidd won't make them better, especially defensively and not evne close to a contender. LOL @ Vince Carter. He's a poorman's Roy at this point in his career. Joe Smith is a down grade from Outlaw (who will most likely not a Blazer with a couple years).

KSeal
04-20-2009, 06:00 AM
Your responses are so biased and arrogant I'm not even going to bother with you anymore.

layupdrill
04-20-2009, 06:02 AM
Portland can have some succes if they figure out how to contain Yao.
Good luck with that

Lars
04-20-2009, 06:08 AM
Good luck with that

You would be surprised how easy it is to shut down Yao.

21_Blessings
04-20-2009, 08:42 AM
Your responses are so biased and arrogant I'm not even going to bother with you anymore.

Look at the hypocrisy.

Maybe you should go back to being an exclusive Kobe troll. Your sucking of Portland's mediocre dick isn't working out for ya very well.

LEONARD
04-20-2009, 09:41 AM
Spurs are done too...