PDA

View Full Version : Monroe: Wolves Ask Permission To Interview Lindsey

duncan228
04-19-2009, 05:16 PM
Wolves ask permission to interview Lindsey (http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/courtside/2009/04/wolves-ask-perm.html)
By Mike Monroe

The Spurs' ability to maintain one of the most successful franchises in North America professional sports for more than a decade continues to make its management team vulnerable to offers from other NBA organizations.

For the second spring in as many years, assistant general manager Dennis Lindsey has shown up on a short list of candidates to run a basketball operations staff for another NBA team.

Last spring, it was the Atlanta Hawks.

This time, it is the Minnesota Timberwolves.

Spurs general manger R.C. Buford confirmed Sunday that the Minnesota Timberwolves have asked for permission to interview Lindsey, who has been with the Spurs since the summer of 2007, when he replaced Sam Presti as Buford's top assistant after the then-Seattle SuperSonics hired Presti as general manager.

Lindsey, who declined to comment about Minnesota's interest, withdrew his name from consideration for the Atlanta job last spring.

The Timberwolves stripped Kevin McHale of his duties as vice-president of basketball operations in December when owner Glen Tahylor fired head coach Randy Wittman and put McHale in that job.

Spurs Brazil
04-19-2009, 05:19 PM
I really really really hope he get this job and get out of San Antonio

timvp
04-19-2009, 05:26 PM
Sweet, GTFO. The Spurs hire him from the Rockets and then within weeks they trade Scola to the Rockets for nothing. That's enough to tell me he doesn't know what he's doing.

DPG21920
04-19-2009, 05:29 PM
T-Mac for Foye/Love

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-19-2009, 05:32 PM
:elephant

Please God, please...

Bruno
04-19-2009, 05:59 PM
Props to Lindsey. :tu

Spurs have done a good job in the 2008 draft. I guess that Lindsey deserves some credit for that. If Lindsey left, I hope Spurs will find someone competent to fill his shoes. With the team aging, Spurs will make a lot of moves and a competent FO will be needed.

baseline bum
04-19-2009, 06:02 PM
Get that stupid fuck out.