PDA

View Full Version : Dream match Kobe-LeBron Finals would align NBA’s stars

ducks
04-19-2009, 05:47 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AtOtkDiPfLL.EQqyzXDx9Bu8vLYF?slug=aw-kobelebronfinals041709&prov=yhoo&type=lgns
:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang

Strike
04-19-2009, 05:49 PM
Dear Ducks,

sssssshhhhhhhhhhhhocking.

Regards,

Adam Carolla

AussieFanKurt
04-19-2009, 05:49 PM
i'd hate to see either of them win a ring this year

SpursDynasty
04-19-2009, 05:59 PM
Actually, not a good series for the rigged nature of the league: LeBron has been massively overhyped this year and his team won 66 because all of the calls going in their favor. The Lakers have also been massively overhyped.

If they meet in the Finals, either Kobe or LeBron will lose, and whichever one loses will be damaged: Kobe will have lost his 3rd consecutive Finals OR LeBron will have lost his 2nd consecutive Finals.

One of these two players' image would be tarnished. Not so sure if the league wants this as a match up. Ratings would be record-high, but either Kobe or LeBron's career would take a massive hit, depending on which team the league picks to win the series.

EDIT: This series would also not be close at at all. Lakers would sweep. Look how LeBron did in two meetings vs. the Lakers this year: 14-for-45 from the floor.

Bob Lanier
04-19-2009, 05:59 PM
Nobody watches the Cavaliers besides NBA sportswriters.

Not good for the NBA.

Jacob1983
04-19-2009, 06:06 PM
Spursdynasty, very good point. Damage will be done to either Kobe or Lebron's image. I wonder which would be more damaging. Kobe losing in the Finals for the 3rd straight time and the 2nd straight time without Shaq or Lebron losing for the 2nd time in a row. Either way, David Stern will be happy and jizzing in his pants.

peskypesky
04-19-2009, 06:09 PM
A Kobe loss would be more damaging. Lebron is still young and has many years ahead to win Championships....

Jacob1983
04-19-2009, 06:10 PM
True. And the whole Kobe being a rapist thing doesn't help him either.

IronMexican
04-19-2009, 06:14 PM
If the Lakers don't win the title this year, trade him. And I am dead fucking serious.

DeadlyDynasty
04-19-2009, 06:19 PM
:sleep

IronMexican
04-19-2009, 06:20 PM
:sleep

Dogg, this Lakers team is STACKED. Shaq NEVER had a team this deep. And if Kobe can't win with this squad, I really don't know what else to say other than trade him.

KSeal
04-19-2009, 06:23 PM
If the Lakers don't win the title this year, trade him. And I am dead fucking serious.

I totally agree. Kobe for Durant and Westbrook, Bynum/Durant duo would contend for titles for 10+ years.

DeadlyDynasty
04-19-2009, 06:25 PM
Dogg, this Lakers team is STACKED. Shaq NEVER had a team this deep. And if Kobe can't win with this squad, I really don't know what else to say other than trade him.

I agree...I was yawning at the people insinuating the same ol' conspiracy bs

IronMexican
04-19-2009, 06:26 PM
I agree...I was yawning at the people insinuating the same ol' conspiracy bs

:toast

and yeah, the conspiracy people are pretty fucking gay.

dirk4mvp
04-19-2009, 06:27 PM
:toast

and yeah, the conspiracy people are pretty fucking gay.

Was his arm going forward?

bdictjames
04-19-2009, 06:28 PM
I say Orlando - L.A.

IronMexican
04-19-2009, 06:30 PM
Was his arm going forward?

What play are you talking about? The dunk by Kobe?

dirk4mvp
04-19-2009, 06:31 PM

lmao

yeah

lol no tacos

IronMexican
04-19-2009, 06:32 PM
It wasn't a foul. The game was over by then, though, so I think the ref just got carried away with the crowd.

KSeal
04-19-2009, 06:34 PM
The last thing Lakers haters want to see is the Lakers win the title so the only way to protect themselves is to act completely blind and deny how good the Lakers are and convince themselves that the only way the Lakers will win the title is this whole Stern conspiracy bullshit thing. It's sad.

iggypop123
04-19-2009, 07:15 PM
lakers vs cavs is good for the economy. its for the best of the US!

ginobili's bald spot
04-19-2009, 07:28 PM
ZOMG it's all rigged! It's all a zionist plot by Stern and the Jews to have a Lakers V Cavs finals. Stern obviously payed off KG and the Celtics to fake a knee injury. Sabotaged Ginobili's ankle and somehow made the Spurs suck ass with his magical Kabbalah powers. How else could two 65+ win teams with the two best players in the world ever make it this far!?

DeadlyDynasty
04-19-2009, 08:41 PM
ZOMG it's all rigged! It's all a zionist plot by Stern and the Jews to have a Lakers V Cavs finals. Stern obviously payed off KG and the Celtics to fake a knee injury. Sabotaged Ginobili's ankle and somehow made the Spurs suck ass with his magical Kabbalah powers. How else could two 65+ win teams with the two best players in the world ever make it this far!?

I knew it. damn jews...Mel Gibson was right:nope

Hank the Tank
04-19-2009, 08:48 PM

tom brady's tuck...

Holmes_Fans
04-19-2009, 10:23 PM
The ratings will be shit because the Lakers would win 4-1 maybe 4-0.

Thunder Dan
04-19-2009, 10:31 PM
It's funny to read these comments and see how jealous you all are

SpuronyourFace
04-20-2009, 10:24 AM
It would be a good series, but I don't want it to happen because of the pathetic and literal Lebron/Kobe cocksucking fest that would ensue on ESPN. It would be unbearable....

SpuronyourFace
04-20-2009, 10:25 AM

4>0

Not jealous at all!

nkdlunch
04-20-2009, 10:32 AM
i'd hate to see either of them win a ring this year

I saw KG, Pierce and Allen get a ring last year. Actually I didn't see it. just heard it after the fact.

Nothing that happens this year can compare to that.

TheManFromAcme
04-20-2009, 12:37 PM

(Gosh, it irks me so to stand up for the Spurs but justice must be served)

Hey Buddy...Yeah, you Thunder Dan. This is the Spurs team that dismantled your team 24 months ago.

I think the jealous one is you. How long has it been that Cleveland (the city EVERYONE MAKES FUN OF) has won a championship? That's what I thought.
Lebron is great but you take that guy out of your team and your easily a .500 team. Easily. And while I am it; You better pray Lebron doesn't split for the braodway lights or glamour of L.A. :nope

BTW: I see you have 1 loss at home. Care to reflect on who that was that handed that to you? The game was a clinic and not even close.

xtremesteven33
04-20-2009, 12:45 PM
Cavaliers match up better with the Lakers if Bynum is back in the lineup.

So with that said i can see the series going 7 games. With Game 7 being in Cleveland.

lefty
04-20-2009, 12:47 PM
It would be a good series, but I don't want it to happen because of the pathetic and literal Lebron/Kobe cocksucking fest that would ensue on ESPN. It would be unbearable....

It will happen.

Be ready for Kobe vs LBJ cocksucking.

Not to mention the debate : " best coach vs coach of the year????? "

Thunder Dan
04-20-2009, 02:03 PM
(Gosh, it irks me so to stand up for the Spurs but justice must be served)

Hey Buddy...Yeah, you Thunder Dan. This is the Spurs team that dismantled your team 24 months ago.

I think the jealous one is you. How long has it been that Cleveland (the city EVERYONE MAKES FUN OF) has won a championship? That's what I thought.
Lebron is great but you take that guy out of your team and your easily a .500 team. Easily. And while I am it; You better pray Lebron doesn't split for the braodway lights or glamour of L.A. :nope

BTW: I see you have 1 loss at home. Care to reflect on who that was that handed that to you? The game was a clinic and not even close.

where is braodway? and glamour of LA? where in France is that?

stretch
04-20-2009, 02:17 PM
Lebron is great but you take that guy out of your team and your easily a .500 team. Easily.

Get the fuck out.

TheManFromAcme
04-20-2009, 02:21 PM
Get the fuck out.

I'll be glad to see YOU out the door. :p:
You are lame. Is that the extent of your dialogue? Get the $#@! out?

That's it?

Weak.

JoeTait75
04-20-2009, 02:26 PM
I'll be glad to see YOU out the door. :p:
You are lame. Is that the extent of your dialogue? Get the $#@! out?

That's it?

Weak.

I think it was a tongue-in-cheek acknowledgement that yes, the Cavaliers would not be as good if you took the best player in the world out of their lineup.

BUMP
04-20-2009, 02:31 PM
this would be an interesting series but there's no doubt the Lakers would come out on top for this simple reason

you have a city that has won many championships in almost every sport vs a city that has seen their teams find almost every different way to choke away big games