PDA

View Full Version : Who else saw Stan Van Gundy's post game?

sook
04-19-2009, 09:29 PM
:ihitThe guy is one loony and harsh mother******.

While I agree that Orlando didn't execute well, why call Courtney Lee and

Hedo out like that? When he was asked about Lee doing fantastic today, he

was like "He sucked on defense, so who cares?" And he went down by

criticizing Hedo's last shot which wasn't the best attempt but they only had

2 secs left on the clock anyways. Ironically, when asked about Rashard, he

was like, "Well he is one of our best players so I didn't think that was

particularly bad"... I think I finally see where shaq is coming

from...:nope

sribb43
04-19-2009, 09:31 PM
Players will go to management in the offseason and his ass will be gone...too bad Frlip was scooped up by the Wiz, he would be a great coach in Orlando

timvp
04-19-2009, 09:34 PM
SVG knows a lot about the game but he's definitely a douche.

Findog
04-19-2009, 09:35 PM
He's a short-term kind of coach, an immediate results guy, just like Avery and Scott Skiles. They have a short shelf-life. He did good work with the Magic this year, but I see him being tuned out before too long.

sook
04-19-2009, 10:08 PM
He's a short-term kind of coach, an immediate results guy, just like Avery and Scott Skiles. They have a short shelf-life. He did good work with the Magic this year, but I see him being tuned out before too long.

excellent analysis

DaDakota
04-19-2009, 10:14 PM
His brother Jeff was similar...both good Xs and Os guys, actually JVG is much better.

DD

Udokafan05
04-19-2009, 10:15 PM
He is just like Phil Jackson in the sense of calling out players in the media, but unlike Jackson he wont have superstars carry him to titles.

kamikazi_player
04-19-2009, 10:43 PM
I think he became gloomy after he wasted all of his energy on his panic attack

Artest93
04-19-2009, 10:43 PM
http://www.belmontvilla.net/RonJeremy2.jpg

http://sixers4guidos.files.wordpress.com/2007/06/stan-van-gundy-3.jpg

WHO HAS HAD THE BETTER CAREER?

IronMexican
04-19-2009, 11:07 PM
Serious question? Ron without a doubt

ginobili's bald spot
04-19-2009, 11:15 PM
Stan can't match Ron's longevity.

iggypop123
04-19-2009, 11:26 PM
eventually all that screaming and bitching gets old and the players dont care

ducks
04-19-2009, 11:32 PM
hedo rebounds well
plays better then what he did last with the spurs
I take him

baseline bum
04-19-2009, 11:33 PM
That's pretty fucked up; trashing Turkoglu for being a playoff choker is like picking on a retard for being stupid. Once a Sacramento King, always a Sacramento King.

Darthkiller
04-20-2009, 04:51 AM
shaq was right about van gundy

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
04-20-2009, 06:04 AM
Shaq is vindicated! :king:bking

SVG knows a lot about the game but he's definitely a douche.

“Stan Van Gundy reminds me of a broke navigational system. He knows everything about everything but ain’t never been nowhere. Think about that. If I’m right here and I type in the address of where you’re going, I know where it’s at but I’m not going there.”

KSeal
04-20-2009, 06:18 AM
That's pretty fucked up; trashing Turkoglu for being a playoff choker is like picking on a retard for being stupid. Once a Sacramento King, always a Sacramento King.

The guy did just screw up his ankle like a week ago, probably had something to do with it cause he may be a choker but he definitely is better then 6 points.

timvp
04-20-2009, 06:18 AM
He's a short-term kind of coach, an immediate results guy, just like Avery and Scott Skiles. They have a short shelf-life. He did good work with the Magic this year, but I see him being tuned out before too long.Agree. Although I'd replace AJ with Larry Brown or Byron Scott. AJ needs more than one chance to prove a pattern.

pauls931
04-20-2009, 07:45 AM
LMAO glad I'm not the only one that thinks 'hedge hog' when I see him. Ya, I think his shelf life will be short, especially if he doesn't get out of the first round and make a damn good showing in the second. I wish he would piss Howard off enough to say request a trade to... phoenix... (all I have are dreams right now)

hater
04-20-2009, 08:17 AM
he is a Van Gundy. why you act surprised???

pauls931
04-20-2009, 08:51 AM
I agree I think hedo is probably the only player who isn't pissing his pants at the end of games on that team. He played excellent D doing everything outside of fouling at the end there, just a lucky shot.

The postgame people said give it to howard. Well if they gave it to him, he would of had the shit fouled out of him, good luck having him hit two clutch freethrows to tie it up. gundy is harsh and his days are numbered, but the plays they ran at the end on offense and defense were basically right. However on offense it would have been nice to get Hedo a closer look, but it's damn hard to pass the ball inside the 3 from out of bounds in that situation.

JoeTait75
04-20-2009, 10:58 AM
The postgame people said give it to howard. Well if they gave it to him, he would of had the shit fouled out of him, good luck having him hit two clutch freethrows to tie it up. gundy is harsh and his days are numbered, but the plays they ran at the end on offense and defense were basically right. However on offense it would have been nice to get Hedo a closer look, but it's damn hard to pass the ball inside the 3 from out of bounds in that situation.

The time to get Howard the ball was earlier, before Philadelphia took the lead. Like on the previous possession. As Barkley pointed out, Shaq was a lousy foul shooter as well, but the Lakers still made it a point to get the ball to him in the crunch. It's just stupid to treat your most dominant player like Ben Wallace or Eric Snow when the game is on the line.

angel_luv
04-20-2009, 12:25 PM
Hedo did have a bad night offensively but I can better tolerate Stan calling him out for it then the game announcers, who for the first two quarters kept referring to Hedo as " Hedo- who-has- yet- to score" as if "yet-to-score" were Hedo's last name.

Lee did an excellent job- especially considering it was his first play offs.