PDA

View Full Version : Wildcat QB Prospect could be draft wild card for Cowboys

Spursfan092120
04-19-2009, 11:05 PM
BY MAC ENGEL
[email protected]

Despite a third consecutive less-than-great final month of the season, the Cowboys are happily married to Tony Romo as their man at quarterback.
He'll be 29 on Tuesday, so he should be in his prime.
Jon Kitna physically can make the throws former backup Brad Johnson couldn't, and is a veteran. His decision-making has been questioned.
Who they have: Tony Romo, Jon Kitna, Brooks Bollinger
Production: Romo is a two-time Pro Bowler, has completed 63.6 percent of his passes and thrown for 10,562 yards with 81 touchdowns and 46 interceptions. Kitna will be 37 in September, and has thrown 152 touchdowns against 151 interceptions. This is a one-year thing.
need: The Cowboys want to either draft a Wildcat formation quarterback or, depending on whom you talk to, a college quarterback they can develop to at least be Romo's caddie.
Prospects: Think second-day player and those quarterbacks would include Sam Houston State's Rhett Bomar and Texas Tech's Graham Harrell. Don't dismiss Ball State's Nate Davis, who has done nothing but drop this off-season.

Graham Harrell = future?

Chris
04-20-2009, 05:11 AM
I'd take Graham Harrell, but he's not going to be available. Nate Davis is probably more of an option. Didn't know Romo's bday was on the 21st just 1 day after mine!

Spursfan092120
04-20-2009, 04:35 PM
I'd take Graham Harrell, but he's not going to be available. Nate Davis is probably more of an option. Didn't know Romo's bday was on the 21st just 1 day after mine!
I don't see Harrell going very quick to be honest. A lot of the pro teams are saying his talent is because of Texas Tech's system. I disagree, but we'll have to find out.

Blake
04-20-2009, 04:42 PM
I see Graham Harrell going late 5th early 6th.

Harrell's future in the NFL is to hold clipboards and wear a headset.

Whisky Dog
04-21-2009, 04:17 PM
You treat all Mike Leach QB's the same way all those BYU QBs from the early 90s and late 80s (Tye Detmer) should have been treated - and that's passed on. They are pure system QBs who run an offense so different from any NFL offense it might as well be another sport.