PDA

View Full Version : Man I can't watch the Rockets tonight

Thunder Dan
04-20-2009, 10:14 AM
the NBA didn't even put them on National TV :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:rollin:rollin:rollin

How pathetic is it that the Rockets are getting NHL treatment for being unwatchable?

redzero
04-20-2009, 10:17 AM
I can't watch it tonight either, because it comes on tomorrow.

Dex
Spurs got the same thing for Game 3. I think Philly/Orlando has one on NBATV, as well.

Of course, they'll find a prime time spot for every Lakers, Cavs, and Celtics game.

nkdlunch
I'd rather watch the Rockets than the Cavs to be honest

redzero
04-20-2009, 10:19 AM
The only thing that makes the Cavs watchable is LeBron, and even then, they still play ugly basketball.

Thunder Dan
04-20-2009, 10:20 AM
Everyone is jealous that the Cavs and Lakers get star treatment for having the best players, and best teams.

redzero
04-20-2009, 10:27 AM
Everyone is jealous that the Cavs and Lakers get star treatment for having the best players, and best teams.

No, I'm not. The Cavs are not that entertaining.

nkdlunch
04-20-2009, 10:29 AM

cavs are an ugly team to watch. Besides Lebron and some highlights from Mo Williams once in a while. Nobody wants to watch big Z or Varejao or any of the other scrubs.

nkdlunch
04-20-2009, 10:31 AM
philly is probably the most entertaining team to watch.

Cavs are actually at the bottom of most entertaing playoff teams along with the Spurs :lol

Thunder Dan
04-20-2009, 10:34 AM
cavs are an ugly team to watch. Besides Lebron and some highlights from Mo Williams once in a while. Nobody wants to watch big Z or Varejao or any of the other scrubs.

Funny that the Cavs bench took Philly to OT the other night.

Thunder Dan
04-20-2009, 10:35 AM
No, I'm not. The Cavs are not that entertaining.
nobody wants to watch the Hornets either, that's why they put them on at 10:30, so people can go to bed at halftime when they are already getting blown out

jack sommerset
04-20-2009, 10:38 AM
Funny some Spew fans can't watch the Cavs because they are not entertaining enough.

nkdlunch
04-20-2009, 10:44 AM
Funny some Spew fans can't watch the Cavs because they are not entertaining enough.

once again rocket fan fails to see that winning and playing ugly can go hand in had.

then again, what would Rocket fan know about winning a playoff series

gaKNOW!blee
04-20-2009, 10:47 AM
The Cavs are a hell of a lot more entertaining than the Rockets. The Cavs dont have that many players that I would pay to see, but atleast they have ONE. The Rockets dont have anyone with Tmac out.

They have good players yes, but no one I would want at an all star game.

Thunder Dan
04-20-2009, 10:53 AM
The Cavs are a hell of a lot more entertaining than the Rockets. The Cavs dont have that many players that I would pay to see, but atleast they have ONE. The Rockets dont have anyone with Tmac out.

They have good players yes, but no one I would want at an all star game.

You would really pay to see T-Mac? If Lebron is a Ferrari, and Kobe is a Aston Martin, T-Mac is a Ford Focus and Yao is a 1975 Dodge Dart.

The Franchise
04-20-2009, 10:58 AM
You would really pay to see T-Mac? If Lebron is a Ferrari, and Kobe is a Aston Martin, T-Mac is a Ford Focus and Yao is a 1975 Dodge Dart.

That Dart ran the Ferrari off the road and killed the driver last time we met. :king

Thunder Dan
04-20-2009, 11:01 AM
That Focus ran the Ferrari off the road and killed the driver last time we met. :king

no, Last time I heard the Ford Focus was in the body shop

djohn2oo8
04-20-2009, 11:03 AM
Like Mutumbo said "That boy tried so hard"

The Franchise
04-20-2009, 11:04 AM
no, Last time I heard the Ford Focus was in the body shop

Fixed. :lol

stretch
04-20-2009, 11:08 AM
Lebron is the most exciting player in the league since Michael Jordan, and is arguably an even more exciting player to watch. That alone makes the Cavs entertaining to watch. And they don't play NEARLY as ugly as they used to, and are a damn good 3pt shooting team, which gets people out of their chairs.

Thunder Dan
04-20-2009, 11:12 AM
people don't want to watch Yao pump his fist and Artest fight the fans. They want to see Lebron dunk on guys and dance to Rick Astley. That is why the Cavs are on ABC and the Rockets are on their own local channels

hater
04-20-2009, 11:19 AM
Lebron is the most exciting player in the league since Michael Jordan, and is arguably an even more exciting player to watch. That alone makes the Cavs entertaining to watch. And they don't play NEARLY as ugly as they used to, and are a damn good 3pt shooting team, which gets people out of their chairs.

no way. Kobe, CP3 way more entertaining that Lebron.

Cavs are boring to watch I agree. Lebron is exciting don't get me wrong. But he repeats his plays too much because he relies on his strength and speed rather than his brains and creativity. That plus the rest of the cavs being extremely boring.

gaKNOW!blee
04-20-2009, 11:20 AM

In his prime and when he is feeling good yes, in fact I did like 4 years ago and he put up like 35. He was a very exciting player to watch.

IronMexican
04-20-2009, 11:21 AM
Lol, Cavs on ABC on Saturday.

gaKNOW!blee
04-20-2009, 11:22 AM
no way. Kobe, CP3 way more entertaining that Lebron.

Cavs are boring to watch I agree. Lebron is exciting don't get me wrong. But he repeats his plays too much because he relies on his strength and speed rather than his brains and creativity. That plus the rest of the cavs being extremely boring.

I disagree that they are way more entertaining. Lebron's in game dunks are probably the best in the league, his come from behind blocks are awesome, and in all honesty he is probably just as good a passer as CP3. He makes sideline to sideline passes with ease.

The Franchise
04-20-2009, 11:24 AM
the NBA didn't even put them on National TV :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:rollin:rollin:rollin

How pathetic is it that the Rockets are getting NHL treatment for being unwatchable?

You still seem a little upset about us beating the blood out of that ugly motherfucker you call a superstar last time our teams met. :lol

Indazone
04-20-2009, 11:53 AM
We don't care if some pimplyfaced teenager from Cleveland can watch the Rockets game on TV or not. Just stay up there and drink your koolaid made from Lake Erie water. lol

redzero
04-20-2009, 12:01 PM
nobody wants to watch the Hornets either, that's why they put them on at 10:30, so people can go to bed at halftime when they are already getting blown out

lol at you getting butthurt because I state the truth about your team. They are an ugly team to watch. The Hornets can lose by 100 points, and the Cavaliers will still play ugly basketball. It's true. I have nothing against the team, but they are not that entertaining. You know in your heart that I'm right. They play several low scoring, sloppy basketball games a year.

Now, please try to insult me by making fun of the Hornets, because you would rather resort to ad hominem than actually address what I claimed.

Artest93
04-20-2009, 12:04 PM
ESPN hypes up lebrick only to watch him fall.....

http://www.waitingfornextyear.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/1dd63c1f14817ead150842a99f0068d3-getty-82990634bb015_cavaliers_rockets.jpg

sook
04-20-2009, 01:00 PM
lol at you getting butthurt because I state the truth about your team. They are an ugly team to watch. The Hornets can lose by 100 points, and the Cavaliers will still play ugly basketball. It's true. I have nothing against the team, but they are not that entertaining. You know in your heart that I'm right. They play several low scoring, sloppy basketball games a year.

Now, please try to insult me by making fun of the Hornets, because you would rather resort to ad hominem than actually address what I claimed.

I have to agree with you but don't you think its gotten better? That JVG rockets team would lul you to sleep but with the motion offense and up tempo players like AB it is more fun to watch IMO.

lefty
04-20-2009, 01:01 PM

NHL games have more coverage than the Rockets year round :lmao

The Franchise
04-20-2009, 01:15 PM
Isn't NBATV national TV? :dizzy

Double-Up
04-20-2009, 01:20 PM
We'll see how Thunder Dan feels when the Lakers sweep them in the Finals if they make it.

Thunder Dan
04-20-2009, 01:31 PM
This thread is not about the Cavs or the Lakers. This is about the Rockets not being a big enough draw that they had to stick them in cable abyss. The main sponsors of the Rockets playoff games are the snuggie and the sun setter, while the Lakers and Cavs play on network TV. I was just pointing out that I'm upset that I will have to pay an extra $12 a month to be able to get the channel to watch those very important Rockets games.

JoeTait75
04-20-2009, 01:33 PM
Cavaliers Fan-Rockets Fan smak. Only on SpursTalk. :lol

GuerillaBlack
04-20-2009, 01:36 PM
This thread is not about the Cavs or the Lakers. This is about the Rockets not being a big enough draw that they had to stick them in cable abyss. The main sponsors of the Rockets playoff games are the snuggie and the sun setter, while the Lakers and Cavs play on network TV. I was just pointing out that I'm upset that I will have to pay an extra $12 a month to be able to get the channel to watch those very important Rockets games.

You act like the Rockets are the only team that'll play on NBATV. Go look at the schedule.

Many PackYao
04-20-2009, 01:40 PM
Awesome post Blunder Dan. Why don't you post some more China/communist/pro-american pics while you're at it?:rolleyes:tu

Double-Up
04-20-2009, 01:48 PM

Yea it's about a Rocket's game that doesn't even exist tonight, dumbass. :rolleyes

Thunder Dan
04-20-2009, 01:54 PM
If the Rockets made it out of the first round, the Rockets would get bumped to ESPN with help from the Lakers. The Lakers being a staple of ABC would be bumped from ABC to ESPN because of the lack of audience the Rockets bring in. It's a big step for Houston to make it to ESPN.

If somehow the Rockets made it to the Finals against the Magic or 76ers, that might be the first NBA Finals no network decided to air. The Rockets in the Finals would set the NBA back 15 years, which is exactly why the NBA doesn't want to showcase their bland style of basketball this week

hater
04-20-2009, 01:56 PM
newsflash cavfan: ESPN sucks

Lars
04-20-2009, 01:58 PM
A few thoughts:
1.) Game is tommorow, Dan is an idiot
2.) lol 2010
3.) You got smashed when we played
4.) a Rockets/Bucks regular season game had more people watching than any game Lebron ever played in, it even outdrew the super bowl

Thunder Dan
04-20-2009, 01:58 PM
LMAO, ESPN decided to run Poker reruns over the Rockets game

Thunder Dan
04-20-2009, 02:00 PM
just to think that the ESPN guys turned down the Rockets game so they could run Baseball Tonight and World Series of Poker reruns makes my day. That's the funniest shit ever

Double-Up
04-20-2009, 02:08 PM
If the Rockets made it out of the first round, the Rockets would get bumped to ESPN with help from the Lakers. The Lakers being a staple of ABC would be bumped from ABC to ESPN because of the lack of audience the Rockets bring in. It's a big step for Houston to make it to ESPN.

If somehow the Rockets made it to the Finals against the Magic or 76ers, that might be the first NBA Finals no network decided to air. The Rockets in the Finals would set the NBA back 15 years, which is exactly why the NBA doesn't want to showcase their bland style of basketball this week

A little arrogant aren't we? Quit riding Lebrons cock and get a life fool.

Thunder Dan
04-20-2009, 02:12 PM
A little arrogant aren't we? Quit riding Lebrons cock and get a life fool.

let's not make this personal, let's keep it on the topic of the Rockets not being able to get themselves on national TV even during the Playoffs

GuerillaBlack
04-20-2009, 02:12 PM

Both home games for the Rockets are either on TNT or ESPN, so....

Thunder Dan
04-20-2009, 02:14 PM
I feel bad for the Blazers, up until the last night of the season (When Houston shit down their leg) all of the Blazers games were on National TV, then they got paired with the Rockets and now Blazer fans everywhere will have to pay extra to get a channel, and in some cases, their cable company might not even carry it. Man, my heart goes out to Blazer fans

Many PackYao
04-20-2009, 02:18 PM
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/06o3cpo5Zu3wU/340x.jpg

j-money24
04-20-2009, 02:24 PM

If lebron dunking everytime makes him the most exciting player to watch than Vince Carter got something to say about that.

redzero
04-20-2009, 02:37 PM
And I'll repeat myself:

The only thing that makes the Cavs watchable is LeBron James. And even then, they still are not entertaining.

hater
04-20-2009, 02:45 PM
still waiting for Dan to tell us what is so exciting about the cavs aside from James and a here and there from Mo

Thunder Dan
04-20-2009, 02:46 PM
still waiting for Dan to tell us what is so exciting about the cavs aside from James and a here and there from Mo

Well it looks like you just posted the answer

hater
04-20-2009, 02:50 PM
Well it looks like you just posted the answer

so you agree with us. thanks

robbie380
04-20-2009, 02:51 PM
please give me attention!!!!

Eat a bag of dicks
http://www.eatabagofdicks.com/bag.gif

Thunder Dan
04-20-2009, 02:56 PM
so you agree with us. thanks

well you said that 40% of their starting lineup was entertaining so looks like you answered your own question. 40% is more than the Rockets can claim. Even when Artest is at his best (fighting fans) that's only 20%

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-20-2009, 03:13 PM
The "My team is more entertaining than your team," or "My team is less boring than your team," argument is stupid. I'm entertained by my team when they're winning. If the finals score is 3-2, I'm entertained as long as the Suns have 3.

Laker-fan-in-SanAnto
04-20-2009, 03:19 PM
I can't watch it tonight either, because it comes on tomorrow.

But nonetheless, It's still on NBATV

Lars
04-20-2009, 03:30 PM
Wow, fan rivalries have really gotten personal. "Lolz, your team is on NBAtv!"

sook
04-20-2009, 03:32 PM

I don't think I've ever witnessed a more pathetic attempt in trying to be funny around people on a BBS. I'm beginning to feel sorry for kids that talk shit behind an IP address.

sook
04-20-2009, 03:33 PM
Wow, fan rivalries have really gotten personal. "Lolz, your team is on NBAtv!"

I could have lived with something a little more original..but damn...and he even thought it was on tonight. I think this is all this guy lives for. Keep feeding the troll nonetheless, he probably has a shit life.

sook
04-20-2009, 03:37 PM
The irony of this thread is a bit comical as well, the number of nationally televised games cleveland has EVER had before the arrival of queen Lebrick, you could count on your fingers. I guarantee you half the people never even heard of the franchise before.."Oh, thats the team the spurs swept."

jacobdrj
04-20-2009, 03:44 PM
Most people I talk to seem to want to watch CP3.

Personally, I like hard nosed defense. Cavs are playing it this season. I also enjoy watching Chauncy 2.0 (Deron Williams) and Chauncy 1.5 (The less functional prototypical 'real' version). Paul Pierce and Dwayne Wade are my 2 favorite NBA players right now.

Lakers are very dynamic, they are like a better PHX Suns/DAL Mavs at their zenith.

Lars
04-20-2009, 03:46 PM
"
Without the Lakers in the finals in 2003, the NBA the San Antonio Spurs/New Jersey Nets finals produced a ratings catastrophe. The return of the Lakers in 2004 brought the finals back to their previous early century ratings. The following two years seemed to establish a new baseline just under 13 million average viewers, a level that would have been considered terrible just 5 years earlier, but probably had David Stern breathing a sigh of relief. That didn’t last long when the NBA’s newest name star, LeBron James, and his otherwise overmatched Cleveland Cavaliers were swept away by the boringly successful San Antonio Spurs taking NBA finals ratings with them to their lowest level in the years for which we have data (1974-)."

fail.

jacobdrj
04-20-2009, 03:47 PM
The "My team is more entertaining than your team," or "My team is less boring than your team," argument is stupid. I'm entertained by my team when they're winning. If the finals score is 3-2, I'm entertained as long as the Suns have 3.

Yes, but the NBA is trying to capture the elusive casual fan that for some reason seemed to gravitate en masse to the NBA when Dr. J, Larry Bird, and Magic Johnson entered the league, and stuck around for the emergence of Jordan, and lost during the lockout (who may never come back).

jacobdrj
04-20-2009, 03:52 PM
"
Without the Lakers in the finals in 2003, the NBA the San Antonio Spurs/New Jersey Nets finals produced a ratings catastrophe. The return of the Lakers in 2004 brought the finals back to their previous early century ratings. The following two years seemed to establish a new baseline just under 13 million average viewers, a level that would have been considered terrible just 5 years earlier, but probably had David Stern breathing a sigh of relief. That didn’t last long when the NBA’s newest name star, LeBron James, and his otherwise overmatched Cleveland Cavaliers were swept away by the boringly successful San Antonio Spurs taking NBA finals ratings with them to their lowest level in the years for which we have data (1974-)."

fail.
It follows that teams in bigger markets will bring in bigger ratings.

A New York-LA match up would be huge. No matter what style gets played.

When Chicago was at its peak, you had all of Chicago (the 3rd biggest market) along with all of those casual fans that Nike's marketing machine brought in.

That is over with. There are too many venues to watch, and there are too many different things to watch.

The only thing that really bothered me was that teams in NJ and Miami don't draw a crowd (and therefore don't deserve a team), despite winning.

Thunder Dan
04-20-2009, 04:08 PM
The irony of this thread is a bit comical as well, the number of nationally televised games cleveland has EVER had before the arrival of queen Lebrick, you could count on your fingers. I guarantee you half the people never even heard of the franchise before.."Oh, thats the team the spurs swept."

please do not post if you are not going to add to the discussion. The discussion is that the Rockets can't get a Playoff game on National TV

DAF86
04-20-2009, 04:11 PM

Lebron IMO is the best player in the world but his game is ugly to watch.

sook
04-20-2009, 04:12 PM
please do not post if you are not going to add to the discussion. The discussion is that the Rockets can't get a Playoff game on National TV

wtf? Apparantly someone doesn't know what National TV is....

"Fan Night" which was every tuesday on NBA TV allowed fans to pick which game they wanted NATIONALLY televised.

Huge Fail once again

Indazone
04-20-2009, 04:16 PM

There he goes again, talking out the wrong end.

http://www.humoronline.com/weird-news-pictures/head-up-ass-1.jpg

DAF86
04-20-2009, 04:19 PM
people don't want to watch Yao pump his fist and Artest fight the fans. They want to see Lebron dunk on guys and dance to Rick Astley. That is why the Cavs are on ABC and the Rockets are on their own local channels

Where were those people in the '07 finals? 'cause if I recall correctly those didn't have a very high rating.

Thunder Dan
04-20-2009, 04:23 PM
What is with all the personal attacks by Rockets fans? I just pointed out that ESPN chose to rerun Poker over a Rockets playoff game. You should be mad at your franchise or ESPN, not at me for pointing it out

redzero
04-20-2009, 04:25 PM
What is with all the personal attacks by Rockets fans? I just pointed out that ESPN chose to rerun Poker over a Rockets playoff game. You should be mad at your franchise or ESPN, not at me for pointing it out

Well, they should be angry, because you are making fun of them for playing an uninteresting game, yet your team plays an equally unwatchable game with the exception being LeBron. The only reason you get ratings is LeBron, and he is only one player on your team.

Many PackYao
04-20-2009, 04:37 PM
I watch Cavs games to witness Lebron throw up brick after brick, his whiny bitching over non-calls, the crab dribble and Flopperson Vagijao's stupid hair/flopping. That's quality entertainment right there. I could see why you wouldn't wanna watch the Rockets.:lol

djohn2oo8
04-20-2009, 05:05 PM
Yet when the cavs got beatdown by orlando by almost 40 points, thunder douche was nowhere to be found

Thunder Dan
04-20-2009, 05:14 PM
Yet when the cavs got beatdown by orlando by almost 40 points, thunder douche was nowhere to be found

this isn't about the Cavs or the Magic, this is about the Rockets not getting a playoff game on National TV. Please stay on topic or I will have to get Kori to ban you from the thread

dirk4mvp
04-20-2009, 05:16 PM
ThunderDan owns rocketfans more than mavfan does.

sook
04-20-2009, 05:21 PM
this isn't about the Cavs or the Magic, this is about the Rockets not getting a playoff game on National TV. Please stay on topic or I will have to get Kori to ban you from the thread

Trying a little too hard to act like SpursDynasty? I mean, its becoming all to apparant all you want is some attention, so you start talking like him.

Thunder Dan
04-20-2009, 05:24 PM
Trying a little too hard to act like SpursDynasty? I mean, its becoming all to apparant all you want is some attention, so you start talking like him.

This thread is not about SpursDynasty. this is about the Rockets not getting a playoff game on National TV. Please stay on topic or I will have to get Kori to ban you from the thread

Double-Up
04-20-2009, 05:38 PM
You should ban yourself from this thread.

sook
04-20-2009, 05:41 PM

lol this loser actually went back and edited all that crap. Nothing further left to say.

sook
04-20-2009, 05:43 PM
:lol
This thread is not about SpursDynasty. this is about the Rockets not getting a playoff game on National TV. Please stay on topic or I will have to get Kori to ban you from the thread

Is it really that much more fun to act like SpursDynasty than Danny? FAG:lol

DAF86
04-20-2009, 05:54 PM
So what's the deal between Thunder Dan and Rockets fans?

Many PackYao
04-20-2009, 05:59 PM
So what's the deal between Thunder Dan and Rockets fans?
It's that time of the month. He's just venting because he ran out of Midol.

Thunder Dan
04-20-2009, 06:12 PM

Is it really that much more fun to act like SpursDynasty than Danny? FAG:lol

Please stay on topic or I will have to ask Kori to ban you from this thread.

Tmac&Luther
04-20-2009, 06:33 PM

Or maybe it's because since Houston is playing out in Portland, their damn game don't tip off until 9:15 cnt. and 10:15 est. which is WAY TOO LATE for most of the country on a week night, but nah that has nothing to do with it :rolleyes Let's just leave common sense out of this discussion.

Thunder Dan
04-20-2009, 06:38 PM
Or maybe it's because since Houston is playing out in Portland, their damn game don't tip off until 9:15 cnt. and 10:15 est. which is WAY TOO LATE for most of the country on a week night, but nah that has nothing to do with it :rolleyes Let's just leave common sense out of this discussion.

The highest rated NBA regular season game on cable in the last 4 years was at 10:30 this past February- Cavs at Lakers.

redzero
04-20-2009, 06:57 PM
The highest rated NBA regular season game on cable in the last 4 years was at 10:30 this past February- LeBron at Lakers.

fix'd

sook
04-20-2009, 06:58 PM
The highest rated NBA regular season game on cable in the last 4 years was at 10:30 this past February- Cavs at Lakers.

LMFAO

the HIGHEST rated game since the bulls vs Jazz in 98' was the Celtics vs Lakers on TNT this year. Why did you make that up?

IronMexican
04-20-2009, 06:59 PM
I think you can chalk up another one for TD. He got all rocketfans defensive again.

IronMexican
04-20-2009, 06:59 PM
LMFAO

the HIGHEST rated game since the bulls vs Jazz in 98' was the Celtics vs Lakers on TNT this year. Why did you make that up?

That was the highest rated TNT game. Stop making up stats, sook.

sook
04-20-2009, 07:03 PM
That was the highest rated TNT game. Stop making up stats, sook.

uhhh..no.

http://ballhype.com/story/celtics_lakers_second_highest_rated_regular_season/

IronMexican
04-20-2009, 07:04 PM
I thought you meant the game in February, since that game was like super intense.

Thunder Dan
04-20-2009, 07:06 PM
uhhh..no.

http://ballhype.com/story/celtics_lakers_second_highest_rated_regular_season/

my source is more credible

A battle between two of the biggest stars in all of sports gave TNT the most viewed NBA game on cable in four years.

http://sportsmediawatch.blogspot.com/2009/01/cavslakers-draws-37-mil.html

sook
04-20-2009, 07:10 PM
my source is more credible

A battle between two of the biggest stars in all of sports gave TNT the most viewed NBA game on cable in four years.

http://sportsmediawatch.blogspot.com/2009/01/cavslakers-draws-37-mil.html

If you click on the source in the link, it takes you to the same page your article is on. Anyways how is 3.7 million viewers greater than 9.96?

Edit.

Lars
04-20-2009, 07:11 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_t7ALYRKuWv4/SXSwDEohpEI/AAAAAAAAADI/QGB0lWN4TDg/s320/275_lebron_ny.jpg

I feel like there is some sort of hidden message here.

Thunder Dan
04-20-2009, 07:13 PM
If you click on the link, it takes you to the same page your article is on. Anyways how is 5 million viewers greater than 9.6?

Please stop trying to derive from the topic. The topic is that the Rockets' Playoff games are not on National TV because they are a boring team. If you don't have anything to add to the discussion please do not post or I will have to ask Kori to ban you from the thread. This is a serious discussion and we don't have time for your nonsense and personal vendetta against me

Thunder Dan
04-20-2009, 07:13 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_t7ALYRKuWv4/SXSwDEohpEI/AAAAAAAAADI/QGB0lWN4TDg/s320/275_lebron_ny.jpg

I feel like there is some sort of hidden message here.

Please stop trying to derive from the topic. The topic is that the Rockets' Playoff games are not on National TV because they are a boring team. If you don't have anything to add to the discussion please do not post or I will have to ask Kori to ban you from the thread. This is a serious discussion and we don't have time for your nonsense and personal vendetta against me

sook
04-20-2009, 07:15 PM

roflmao, can't even post credible information. Again, I realize you are doing your best SD imitation, but he doesn't pull stats out of his ass.

Lars
04-20-2009, 07:16 PM
lol you're such a douchebag. God I hope Kobe breaks his ankle so we can crush the Lebrons in the finals.

sook
04-20-2009, 07:17 PM
lol you're such a douchebag. God I hope Kobe breaks his ankle so we can crush the Lebrons in the finals.

calm down. The dreaded first round is our biggest enemy at the moment.

Thunder Dan
04-20-2009, 07:19 PM
Back on topic, can anyone help me find what channel NBA TV is? I've been searching around and I've made it up to channel 200-something. I'm up in no mans land up by FIT TV,Home and Garden 2 and all the shopping channels and still can't find it. How will I be able to watch the game tomorrow?

Does anyone know if I have to call my cable company and order this NBA TV?

Thunder Dan
04-20-2009, 07:21 PM
wait, I found it. Looks like they are doing a special on Yao Ming

edit, nope- just the History channel doing a special on Communist China and the Tiananmen Square protesters

redzero
04-20-2009, 07:21 PM
Oh, shit. I was wrong, so I shall post the same thing over again, to avoid the topic at hand.

fix'd

Double-Up
04-20-2009, 07:22 PM
I think you can chalk up another one for TD. He got all rocketfans defensive again.

Normal people don't have all day to play mind games on the internet, this fool needs to get a hobby or a job because he definantly ain't getting no pussy.

dirk4mvp
04-20-2009, 07:28 PM

edit, nope- just the History channel doing a special on Communist China and the Tiananmen Square protesters

Artest93
04-20-2009, 07:34 PM
Somebody let me know when the cavs become interesting

Indazone
04-20-2009, 08:57 PM

Not sure why you're dissing China anyways since the Cavs have a huge stake owned by China anyways :blah

KidCongo
04-20-2009, 09:01 PM

:rollin

GuerillaBlack
04-20-2009, 10:01 PM
Why the hell are by Rocket brothers being so defensive?

DrHouse
04-20-2009, 10:31 PM
Lebron James is an exciting player to watch for most casual fans. Who doesn't love to see high flying dunks and crazy blocks?

But for those who are students of the game, he's not necessarily the most exciting or interesting player to watch. He excels more because of his freakish athleticism, not necessarily because he is a fundamentally sound player. His footwork is relatively poor compared to other superstar wingmen and his shot mechanics are suspect. He also has no post game whatsoever despite having a size advantage over nearly every other SF in the league.

Contrast that to Kobe and the difference is night and day. If you want to get better at basketball then watch Kobe Bryant play. Look at his footwork, his fakes, his shot mechanics.....it's as good as it gets. That's someone who has studied the game and perfected nearly every aspect of it.

Double-Up
04-20-2009, 10:39 PM
Lebron James is an exciting player to watch for most casual fans. Who doesn't love to see high flying dunks and crazy blocks?

But for those who are students of the game, he's not necessarily the most exciting or interesting player to watch. He excels more because of his freakish athleticism, not necessarily because he is a fundamentally sound player. His footwork is relatively poor compared to other superstar wingmen and his shot mechanics are suspect. He also has no post game whatsoever despite having a size advantage over nearly every other SF in the league.

Contrast that to Kobe and the difference is night and day. If you want to get better at basketball then watch Kobe Bryant play. Look at his footwork, his fakes, his shot mechanics.....it's as good as it gets. That's someone who has studied the game and perfected nearly every aspect of it.

Agreed.

Roxsfan
04-20-2009, 11:32 PM
What a dumb fuck this op is. He didn't know the schedule and when called out on it, he continued with his nonsense like he didn't know the game is tomorrow. :rolleyes

and if you were going for laughs, you failed.

Thunder Dan
04-21-2009, 06:49 AM

This thread isn't about Kobe Bryant, it's about ESPN picking poker reruns over the Rockets, please stay on topic or I will have to ask Kori to ban you from the discussion

Artest93
04-21-2009, 07:32 AM
All but one game in the series is on espn or tnt......you fail YET AGAIN

Many PackYao
04-21-2009, 07:57 AM
All but one game in the series is on espn or tnt......you fail YET AGAIN

Originally Posted by Thunder Dan http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/Style_Templates/nba/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3313250#post3313250)

This thread isn't about Rockets fans making me look like a dumbass, it's about me posting the same response over and over because I don't know what else to say.

:p:

DeadlyDynasty
04-21-2009, 08:09 AM

don't forget the slap-chop, shamwow, and oxyclean

hater
04-21-2009, 08:18 AM

you're a hater. Lebron >>> Kobe in a basketball team.

I still like to watch Kobe better because he imitates the best, Jordan. Lebron got his own style... boring but efficient. But Lebron is way better than Kobe

Thunder Dan
04-21-2009, 08:25 AM
Me not knowing when the Rockets are playing pretty much sums up their relevance on the NBA landscape. It doesn't say anything about my intelligence

KSeal
04-21-2009, 08:29 AM

Great post, 100% accurate.

Artest93
04-21-2009, 08:38 AM
Me not knowing when the Rockets are playing pretty much sums up their relevance on the NBA landscape. It doesn't say anything about my intelligence

Yeah, like Cleveland is the first thing on people's minds when they wake up.....pretty relevant :wow

Thunder Dan
04-21-2009, 08:45 AM
Yeah, like Cleveland is the first thing on people's minds when they wake up.....pretty relevant :wow

I know, that is why they put the #1 team on national tv whenever possible

Artest93
04-21-2009, 08:55 AM
I know, that is why they put the #1 team on national tv whenever possible

That would be the Lakers, homie.....

Many PackYao
04-21-2009, 08:58 AM
That would be the Lakers, homie.....

Originally Posted by Thunder Dan http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/Style_Templates/nba/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3315267#post3315267)

You are right. I was just talking out of my ass again.

ElNono
04-21-2009, 09:41 AM

Why go for the cheap knockoff? Just put a Jordan tape and watch the real deal.

John Basedow
04-20-2011, 04:01 PM
this thread brought the goods :tu

John Basedow
04-20-2011, 04:04 PM
Back on topic, can anyone help me find what channel NBA TV is? I've been searching around and I've made it up to channel 200-something. I'm up in no mans land up by FIT TV,Home and Garden 2 and all the shopping channels and still can't find it. How will I be able to watch the game tomorrow?

Does anyone know if I have to call my cable company and order this NBA TV?

IronMexican
04-20-2011, 04:14 PM
I like the amount of "texas pride" spurfan in here. Got butthurt simply because TD was dishing the goods.

Veterinarian
04-20-2011, 04:17 PM
http://ts3.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=819307293114&id=e9a1561e6db0fac0c6d5362cfb1cff83&url=http%3a%2f%2fupload.wikimedia.org%2fwikipedia% 2fcommons%2f4%2f4d%2fElectric_iron_lie.jpg
http://ts1.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=517408494200&id=6306e1387b0cc426f9249883449cc9c3&url=http%3a%2f%2fdallasvintageshop.com%2fwp-content%2fuploads%2fdsc02859.JPG