PDA

View Full Version : My Apologies to Rox Fans

Red Hawk #21
04-20-2009, 11:39 AM
Honestly, I apologize to you guys for doubting that your boys could beat the Portland Trailblazers. How can you blame me? Portland was 34-7 at home this season, I really thought there was no way that Houston could win in the Rose Garden. Boy was I wrong, 108-81 was the final score. An ultimate destruction in the Rose Garden. Lol @ Oden and Pryzbilla getting killed by Yao. Aaron Brooks looked like jesus vs these guys. My apologies for doubting the Houston Rockets. And Congrats to the Portland Trailblazers for becoming the biggest chokers of the 08-09 playoffs thus far. I think its time for the Rox to get to the 2nd round. Yo Tlong, Your team are chokers!!!

DPG21920
04-20-2009, 11:41 AM
It is because LaMarcus Aldridge is really underpeforming. He was supposed to have taken a large step forward, when in fact he has taken a giant leap backwards.

hater
04-20-2009, 11:54 AM
you don't know your rockets ball if you think Rockets got this already. This series is going to go 6 or 7 games and it could still go either way.

Red Hawk #21
04-20-2009, 11:55 AM
Goddamn, the Blazers suck. They even let BRENT BARRY DUNK. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw that.

TwinTowers
04-20-2009, 11:56 AM
It was just a matter of the more experienced team knowing what the playoffs are all about. The Blazers came out thinking that being at home would represent an automatic 'W'; whereas the Rox came out in full attack mode with their best weapon (YAO) at full display. If Portland wants make this a series, they better realize that the regular season is over, and the crowd won't win the game for them.

They're only chance is to start attacking the paint, and for that to happen Aldridge needs to be a force inside instead of a jump-shooting big man.

Artest93
04-20-2009, 12:00 PM
I think its a good thing that Adelman keeps preaching that the series is far from over because the blazers are not going to get embarrassed on their homecourt twice....I think Lamarcus goes off next game

DPG21920
04-20-2009, 12:02 PM
Drew Gooden 2009 playoffs > Aldridge 2009 playoffs. The proof is in the numbers.

Indazone
04-20-2009, 12:03 PM
We got Aldridge covered :tu

PORTLAND, Ore. – Nearly every time Portland forward LaMarcus Aldridge got the basketball in the low post Saturday, he saw Yao Ming on one side of him and Luis Scola on the other.
And he knew he was in trouble.
Aldridge, who averaged 18.1 points per game in the regular season, was held to seven points by the Rockets in Game 1, which was just one of many reasons the Blazers were routed by 27 points.
“It was one of those nights,” the former University of Texas star said. “Guys didn’t shoot it well. One of us usually shoots well, but not (Tuesday) night. Now we know we can watch film and come back strong.”
Aldridge, who made just three of 12 shots in 30 minutes, was frustrated by the change in defensive philosophy by the Rockets, who used Chuck Hayes to guard him during the regular season.
“They definitely did some stuff they didn’t do during the regular season,” Aldridge said. “During the season, they put Hayes on me, but (Tuesday) night they had Yao come over every time. One time on the break Yao was in the back and Scola was in the front and I had never seen that from them. We’re going to get it figured out.”
The Blazers are going to have to find a way for Aldridge to get more involved in the offense if they’re going to compete in the series. He’s their second-leading scorer and averaged 23.3 points in three games against the Rockets in the regular season.
Portland guard Brandon Roy believes Aldridge was thinking too much during his first career playoff game.
“He just has to go out and play Tuesday and feel like he can dominate because that’s when he’s at his best,” Roy said. “In the last game, he was making some of his moves and waiting for a double team and looking for them to adjust because he did play well against them during the regular season.”
When asked whether he was thinking too much, Aldridge said he had no choice.
“Because every time I caught the ball, Yao was right there,” said Aldridge, who gives up seven inches to Yao. “I was trying to figure it out. I think Tuesday should be better because we’ve seen it now.”

Red Hawk #21
04-20-2009, 12:06 PM
you don't know your rockets ball if you think Rockets got this already. This series is going to go 6 or 7 games and it could still go either way.

Really? Did you not see that game? I usually don't watch many Rox games but they looked like gods in that game. They killed them at home, If that kind of destruction can happen in the Rose garden what's gunna happen when the scene shifts to Houston. Portland is about to get raped.

Artest93
04-20-2009, 12:07 PM
Goddamn INDAZONE, WHOS THAT GIRL IN YA SIG???

hater
04-20-2009, 12:07 PM
Really? Did you not see that game? I usually don't watch many Rox games but they looked like gods in that game. They killed them at home, If that kind of destruction can happen in the Rose garden what's gunna happen when the scene shifts to Houston. Portland is about to get raped.

I saw that game and Rockets played well but it was the Blazers who beat themselves. The Washington Wizards would have beat them by 20+ that night

again. This series will be 2-2 and will go either way

Indazone
04-20-2009, 12:08 PM
Hmmm what's Yao Ming saying with this comment?

“I’m looking forward to winning the fourth game in this series,” said Yao Ming. “Being up 2-0 with home advantage or without home advantage means nothing.”

http://www.nba.com/rockets/news/If_At_First_You_Donrsquot_Su-310170-34.html

Indazone
04-20-2009, 12:09 PM
Goddamn INDAZONE, WHOS THAT GIRL IN YA SIG???

lol that's Shay Laren

Red Hawk #21
04-20-2009, 12:16 PM

“I’m looking forward to winning the fourth game in this series,” said Yao Ming. “Being up 2-0 with home advantage or without home advantage means nothing.”

Yao knows that no one on that team can stop him, he should be very confident.

robbie380
04-20-2009, 12:32 PM

yao is saying the series isn't over until the rockets win 4 games. i don't think he is implying a sweep.

The Franchise
04-20-2009, 01:25 PM
I saw that game and Rockets played well but it was the Blazers who beat themselves. The Washington Wizards would have beat them by 20+ that night

again. This series will be 2-2 and will go either way

Your name says it all. :lol

The Franchise
04-20-2009, 01:32 PM
Honestly, I apologize to you guys for doubting that your boys could beat the Portland Trailblazers. How can you blame me? Portland was 34-7 at home this season, I really thought there was no way that Houston could win in the Rose Garden. Boy was I wrong, 108-81 was the final score. An ultimate destruction in the Rose Garden. Lol @ Oden and Pryzbilla getting killed by Yao. Aaron Brooks looked like jesus vs these guys. My apologies for doubting the Houston Rockets. And Congrats to the Portland Trailblazers for becoming the biggest chokers of the 08-09 playoffs thus far. I think its time for the Rox to get to the 2nd round. Yo Tlong, Your team are chokers!!!

It's cool man. With our recent playoff history who could blame you? :toast

BUMP
04-20-2009, 01:33 PM
yeah i still dont give the rockets any chance in this series

The Franchise
04-20-2009, 01:35 PM
^ You wouldn't. :lol

Laker-fan-in-SanAnto
04-20-2009, 01:41 PM
┓  ┏┓ 
┗┫━━ ┃ ━━┣┛  ┣┫
 ┃ ━━━━━ ┃ ┏┳┫┣┳┓
 ┗━━┳━┳━━┛ ┃    ┃
━━━━┃ ┃    ┗━┳┳━┛ 
━━━━┃ ┗━━━━━━┛┃

DaDakota
04-20-2009, 02:00 PM
It is only one game....

Wake me up when or IF we get to the 2nd round.

DD

j-money24
04-20-2009, 02:39 PM
It is only one game....

DD

That wouldn't be a good idea because they are going to get swept by the Lakers in the second round.

Caltex2
04-20-2009, 07:52 PM
Goddamn, the Blazers suck. They even let BRENT BARRY DUNK. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw that.

Umm, you do know he was a former slam dunk chmapion, right?

http://www.truerant.com/nba/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/brent-barry.jpg

sook
04-20-2009, 07:58 PM
It is only one game....

DD

This.

MI21
04-20-2009, 09:32 PM
Aldridge sounds like a beaten man with those quotes...

Roxsfan
04-20-2009, 11:43 PM
That wouldn't be a good idea because they are going to get swept by the Lakers in the second round.

Whatever bro.

turiaf for president
04-20-2009, 11:44 PM
Umm, you do know he was a former slam dunk chmapion, right?

http://www.truerant.com/nba/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/brent-barry.jpg

that was like 10 years ago......

Indazone
04-21-2009, 12:23 AM
KRYPTONITE BABY!

Jonathan Ferrey Getty Images

The Trail Blazers will do whatever it takes tonight to prevent Rockets center Yao Ming, left, from having another red-hot outing.

TUALATIN, Ore. — The Portland Trail Blazers believe they have a plan to slow down Yao Ming, one that involves mixing coverage and making it harder for the Rockets center to get the ball in the low post.
Those were things the Blazers were unable to accomplish in Game 1 of their playoff series against the Rockets, when Yao made all nine of his shots and scored 24 points in 24 minutes.
Blazers coach Nate McMillan said putting the clamps on Yao in tonight’s Game 2 at the Rose Garden comes down to execution.
“There were a lot of things we didn’t do (Saturday),” McMillan said. “There were certain spots where if Yao gets deep post position, we’re not supposed to let him catch it. We were supposed to front him and on the pick-and-roll there were certain things we were supposed do, but we just didn’t do them.”
Defending Yao was one of the things the Blazers focused on while watching video prior to Monday ’s practice. McMillan wouldn’t specify what the Blazers plan to do differently , but you can bet it will involve more double teams.
“We just have to play more aggressively and do whatever we can to stop him,” Portland center Greg Oden said. “We have to be more physical.”
McMillan said the problem with double-teaming Yao is it leaves someone else open. He was quick to remind reporters how much support Yao had in Game 1.
“We keep talking about Yao, and Yao had an unbelievable game. But so did (Aaron) Brooks and (Luis) Scola and (Ron) Artest,” McMillan said. “One thing we have to do is make adjustments.”
One tactic the Blazers are considering is using Oden and 7-1 center Joel Przybilla to guard Yao, but that would limit Portland’s scoring capabilities.
McMillan pointed out Yao hit three jump shots from the outside and had putbacks Saturday, emphasizing Yao was finding other ways to score.
“He’s a huge challenge because you’re talking about a center who can score, who can pass and he’s smart on the block, and then he’s 7-6,” McMillan said. “They pretty much always have an outlet.When things go wrong with their offense, whether you front him or you play behind him, he has an outlet because you’ve committed possibly two players to him. Other guys will be open, and it’s a matter of making the reads.
“He’s probably one of the toughest matchups in the league ... How do you stop him? You don’t necessarily stop him. You hope he misses.”
[email protected] ([email protected])

Answer? What answer? :rollin

Roxsfan
04-21-2009, 12:33 AM
KRYPTONITE BABY!

Jonathan Ferrey Getty Images

The Trail Blazers will do whatever it takes tonight to prevent Rockets center Yao Ming, left, from having another red-hot outing.

TUALATIN, Ore. — The Portland Trail Blazers believe they have a plan to slow down Yao Ming, one that involves mixing coverage and making it harder for the Rockets center to get the ball in the low post.
Those were things the Blazers were unable to accomplish in Game 1 of their playoff series against the Rockets, when Yao made all nine of his shots and scored 24 points in 24 minutes.
Blazers coach Nate McMillan said putting the clamps on Yao in tonight’s Game 2 at the Rose Garden comes down to execution.
“There were a lot of things we didn’t do (Saturday),” McMillan said. “There were certain spots where if Yao gets deep post position, we’re not supposed to let him catch it. We were supposed to front him and on the pick-and-roll there were certain things we were supposed do, but we just didn’t do them.”
Defending Yao was one of the things the Blazers focused on while watching video prior to Monday ’s practice. McMillan wouldn’t specify what the Blazers plan to do differently , but you can bet it will involve more double teams.
“We just have to play more aggressively and do whatever we can to stop him,” Portland center Greg Oden said. “We have to be more physical.”
McMillan said the problem with double-teaming Yao is it leaves someone else open. He was quick to remind reporters how much support Yao had in Game 1.
“We keep talking about Yao, and Yao had an unbelievable game. But so did (Aaron) Brooks and (Luis) Scola and (Ron) Artest,” McMillan said. “One thing we have to do is make adjustments.”
One tactic the Blazers are considering is using Oden and 7-1 center Joel Przybilla to guard Yao, but that would limit Portland’s scoring capabilities.
McMillan pointed out Yao hit three jump shots from the outside and had putbacks Saturday, emphasizing Yao was finding other ways to score.
“He’s a huge challenge because you’re talking about a center who can score, who can pass and he’s smart on the block, and then he’s 7-6,” McMillan said. “They pretty much always have an outlet.When things go wrong with their offense, whether you front him or you play behind him, he has an outlet because you’ve committed possibly two players to him. Other guys will be open, and it’s a matter of making the reads.
“He’s probably one of the toughest matchups in the league ... How do you stop him? You don’t necessarily stop him. You hope he misses.”
[email protected] ([email protected])

Answer? What answer? :rollin

Now they're(portland) going to overplay him, while they get lit up by everyone else.

Tmac&Luther
04-21-2009, 12:35 AM
And Congrats to the Portland Trailblazers for becoming the biggest chokers of the 08-09 playoffs thus far. I think its time for the Rox to get to the 2nd round. Yo Tlong, Your team are chokers!!!

Can't really call the Blazers the "biggest chokers of the 08-09 playoffs" when all Houston is doing is what they've done all season long (and that is beat the Blazers) Really what they've done for the past couple of seasons.

Anybody who actually thought Portland (and I'm talking to some Blazer fans also) was just going to get past Houston easily and were looking ahead to LA were severely ignorant and doesn't know anything about how these teams matchup.

DPG21920
04-21-2009, 12:36 AM
Drew Gooden > Aldridge

Tmac&Luther
04-21-2009, 12:42 AM

Rocket fans really don't care about that.....this is about getting out of the first round and anything that happens after that is house money.......but WE HAVE TO GET OUT OF THE FIRST ROUND, RIP THAT MONKEY OFF OUR BACKS, and build off of it going into next season.

Tmac&Luther
04-21-2009, 12:43 AM
Drew Gooden > Aldridge

Not really....Sactown doesn't release Aldridge. Don't get overly excited about Gooden's play......Dallas is soft as shit in the post.

mystargtr34
04-21-2009, 03:34 AM
Drew Gooden would average 20-10 if he played 35 minutes. You just have to multiply his numbers.

Then, like Scola, if he was the main man, he would average 25-12.

KSeal
04-21-2009, 04:11 AM
Then, like Scola, if he was the main man, he would average 25-12.

Whatever bullshit you have to convince yourself of to get some sleep at night is fine I guess.

GuerillaBlack
04-21-2009, 06:53 AM
Now they're(portland) going to overplay him, while they get lit up by everyone else.

Let's hope Battier and Artest especially can drain threes.

Artest93
04-21-2009, 07:30 AM
Battier played with a stomach virus, so he should be better tonight

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/bk/bkn/6381804.html

DPG21920
04-21-2009, 09:49 AM
Not really....Sactown doesn't release Aldridge. Don't get overly excited about Gooden's play......Dallas is soft as shit in the post.

That statement was not serious. It was directed at Tllong for being dumb.

Red Hawk #21
05-01-2009, 12:06 PM
Props to the Rox, you finally did it and you deserved it too. :toast

Red Hawk #21
05-15-2009, 11:47 AM
Once again the Rox proving to me and other nba fans that they are talented and have heart. Big props to Rox, I hope you give it everything you've got Sunday and win. Buena Suerte in Game 7!

Roxsfan
05-15-2009, 08:44 PM
thanks^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

That wouldn't be a good idea because they(rockets) are going to get swept by the Lakers in the second round.

LOL:lmao

NewJerSpur
05-15-2009, 08:47 PM
Once again the Rox proving to me and other nba fans that they are talented and have heart. Big props to Rox, I hope you give it everything you've got Sunday and win. Buena Suerte in Game 7!

You don't need to apologize for doubting a team, I wouldn't, especially given the Rockets' playoff history. Giving props is fine though.