PDA

View Full Version : History In The Making...?

Dro210
04-20-2009, 12:58 PM
I don't know if this has been pointed out, but I looked thru the first 5 pages and didn't see anything, so here it is...

Spurs lost their 1st game of the playoffs in '03, '05, and '07... We also had the 1st round home loss to Minnesota in '99...

All the years we've started out shaky... we've stepped up. All the years we started out great, we've had our hearts broken

Here's to history 'oddly' repeating itself one more time... :toast

lefty
04-20-2009, 01:00 PM
I thought about that.......

And....

Pop wasn't senile yet

Oh, and we had Manu for the last 3 titles; that was very helpful

BruceBowenFan
04-20-2009, 01:01 PM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123258

Dro210
04-20-2009, 01:04 PM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123258

Thanks, I knew somebody had to have noticed this already, just couldn't find it...

Oh well... hopfully this will help some people restore their faith for tonight, that was the goal.

Agloco
04-20-2009, 01:06 PM
I don't know if this has been pointed out, but I looked thru the first 5 pages and didn't see anything, so here it is...

Spurs lost their 1st game of the playoffs in '03, '05, and '07... We also had the 1st round home loss to Minnesota in '99...

All the years we've started out shaky... we've stepped up. All the years we started out great, we've had our hearts broken

Here's to history 'oddly' repeating itself one more time... :toast

Yeah, Bowen was riding the bench, Timmy's knees were shaky, Manu was out and Bonner was playing like a beast during those runs too!!!:rolleyes

BruceBowenFan
04-20-2009, 01:07 PM
Thanks, I knew somebody had to have noticed this already, just couldn't find it...

Oh well... hopfully this will help some people restore their faith for tonight, that was the goal.
No problem.

Dro210
04-20-2009, 01:11 PM
Yeah, Bowen was riding the bench, Timmy's knees were shaky, Manu was out and Bonner was playing like a beast during those runs too!!!:rolleyes

That's not the point....

This is why I made this thread... everybodys so down on the Spurs... wtf?? We're down 1 game and 1 player, we're far from out... We still have Tim and Tony, which last I checked was the best duo in the NBA, and the experience of knowing how to win a championship, who else has it?... San Antonio needs to get hype, the city has no energy, it hasn't since '05... let's fuckin go!

Obstructed_View
04-20-2009, 01:21 PM
everybodys so down on the Spurs... wtf??

Manu's out
Duncan's not 100 percent
Bowen isn't starting, or getting heavy minutes
There's no backup point guard
Finley gets extended minutes covering the two best players for the opponent
There's no shot blocking big next to Duncan
Pop won't play rookies, but won't bench vets that screw up
The most effective lineup had Duncan and Gooden together, but Pop went with Bonner instead
Despite all that, when tied, the Spurs go small and suddenly get the crap beat out of them

Don't know why everyone's so down. Maybe reading some of the other threads would shed some light on it.

BUMP
04-20-2009, 01:23 PM
Every sweep starts out with 1 loss

Amuseddaysleeper
04-20-2009, 01:34 PM

:lol

mexicanjunior
04-20-2009, 01:59 PM
Manu's out
Duncan's not 100 percent
The most effective lineup had Duncan and Gooden together, but Pop went with Bonner instead
Despite all that, when tied, the Spurs go small and suddenly get the crap beat out of them

Don't know why everyone's so down. Maybe reading some of the other threads would shed some light on it.

Realism at it's finest...

ElNono
04-20-2009, 02:21 PM

Yeah, but... this is the money you could be saving with Geico:

http://www.brandweek.com/bw/photos/stylus/62691-Geico-Kash.jpg

Spursmania
04-20-2009, 02:27 PM

Bump bequiet.

Spursmania
04-20-2009, 02:28 PM
I've got my rose colored glasses on, and I say SA wins the series 4-2.

mingus
04-20-2009, 03:04 PM
the Spurs will make needed adjustments in the form of giving George Hill time out there and letting Drew Gooden play 32-35 minutes, instead of having Bonner in there.

when George went on that sreak of twenty ppg, everybody saw he's got offensive skills . Pop just needs to give him confidence, let him spread his wings (although it might be too late for that :bang). and his defense, as it usually is when he gets pt, will factor into this game, book it . Gooden will give us points and better D against Dirk.

and if Pop has gotten his head out of his ass, i also expect not to see Udoka or Mason on Dirk anymore . they are no match for him on defense, and provide nothing in the way offensively (esp. Udoka) that makes it a mismatch in our favor on offense.

big game tonight . even if we go down 0-2 though, it's not over . this team has come back from an 0-2 defecit before . no reason to abandon all hope with an 0-1 deficit, which they've overcome quite a bit in the past.

:flag:

tlongII
04-20-2009, 03:46 PM
I think there's a very real chance that the Spurs will be swept.

z0sa
04-20-2009, 03:51 PM
Manu's out
Duncan's not 100 percent
Bowen isn't starting, or getting heavy minutes - Pop's fault
There's no backup point guard - Pop's fault
Finley gets extended minutes covering the two best players for the opponent - pop's fault
There's no shot blocking big next to Duncan - FO's fault
Pop won't play rookies, but won't bench vets that screw up - Pop's fault
The most effective lineup had Duncan and Gooden together, but Pop went with Bonner instead - pop's fault
Despite all that, when tied, the Spurs go small and suddenly get the crap beat out of them - Pop's fault

We could still be thinking NBA championship without Manu and with Tim looking better than he has since the injury, but Pop has different plans.

Spurs fans, dont' buy tickets next time if this drunken slob won't play Bowen when a guy gets hot/we need D down the stretch, won't play hill when parker gets tired of chasing barea/instead of mason, won't play gooden when he played dirk well and drew his 3rd foul.

Morg1411
04-20-2009, 04:00 PM

Though I'd say those chances are lesser than those of the Blazers getting swept, which are all but certain.

50 cent
04-20-2009, 04:08 PM
Not gonna happen this year...

Obstructed_View
04-20-2009, 04:29 PM

I think there's a very real chance the Blazers will lose by less than 15 to the Rockets one of their four straight losses.

ElNono
04-20-2009, 04:38 PM
I think there's a very real chance the Blazers will lose by less than 15 to the Rockets one of their four straight losses.

We should have a vBookie on that. I'm game.

Dro210
04-20-2009, 04:44 PM
Manu's out
Duncan's not 100 percent

Gotta have faith man... Timmy wants that Bill Russell Trophy

duncan228
04-20-2009, 04:48 PM
Gotta have faith man... Timmy wants that Bill Russell Trophy

He does. Duncan's fire can take his team far. Believe. :)

Hook Dem
04-20-2009, 06:31 PM

Said the guy who predicted a trailblazer sweep!:rollin

boutons_deux
04-20-2009, 06:32 PM
We had Manu and defense in 03,05,07. We have neither now.

onarollbaby
04-20-2009, 09:24 PM
Let's Go then! Let's Sweep these damn Mavs!

Yuixafun
04-21-2009, 12:53 AM
Realism at it's finest...

More like pessimism and peevishness.