PDA

View Full Version : Kendrick Perkins: "Rose will never have another game like that against us."

Tacker
04-20-2009, 01:51 PM
Rage?

BUMP
04-20-2009, 01:54 PM
plagiarism?

jack sommerset
04-20-2009, 01:55 PM
To bad Garnett is not there to back up Perkins mouth.

spurs_fan_in_exile
04-20-2009, 01:58 PM
Dumb move on Perkins part. He might as well have gone up to the refs before the game and asked them to give him two quick fouls. They are going to keep Perkins on a tight leash if they think he might have any intention of laying out one of the league's rising stars.

stretch
04-20-2009, 02:01 PM
$50?

IronMexican
04-20-2009, 02:01 PM
Lol, plagiarism.

BUMP
04-20-2009, 02:07 PM
lol Joey Whelan

duncan228
04-20-2009, 02:08 PM
plagiarism?

I never got an answer. :wakeup

At Duncan228.....

1. WTF are you talking about change names. Ive always had Tacker and Im always sticking with Tacker.

Thanks to timvp for the lead.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77792

2. Rage?

I'm sure you are raging. You got caught.

3. Everyone on these forums post news sources from other sites.

Yes, we do. With links. With author names. And we don't call them ours like you did. You said it was your preview and your prediction. You also took out a few sentences.

If it was a direct copy and paste why did you change it?

Why did you add this? It's not in the article.

Im going to give you an indepth preview of the series and analyze every bit of it and then Im going to give you my prediction.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123212

Red Hawk #21
04-20-2009, 02:16 PM
If Perkins said that he is a fool. Perkins is one of my most hated players, as soon as KG got to Boston this dude instantly thought he was the shit. Perkins is a dumbass, I hope Rose has another 30 point showing and dunks on Perkins to finish it off.

BUMP
04-20-2009, 02:17 PM
lol Im going to give you an indepth preview of the series and analyze every bit of it and then Im going to give you my prediction.

Morg1411
04-20-2009, 02:20 PM
If Perkins said that he is a fool. Perkins is one of my most hated players, as soon as KG got to Boston this dude instantly thought he was the shit. Perkins is a dumbass, I hope Rose has another 30 point showing and dunks on Perkins to finish it off.

:toast

SpuronyourFace
04-20-2009, 02:20 PM
Someone should email that Joey Whelan and tell him/show him that he was plagerized. Im sure this Tacker fool could get into some trouble of some sort, maybe get sued.

that would be funny

BUMP
04-20-2009, 02:26 PM
Someone should email that Joey Whelan and tell him/show him that he was plagerized. Im sure this Tacker fool could get into some trouble of some sort, maybe get sued.

that would be funny

no i wouldnt want him to get in trouble, just own up to it

i dont know whats funnier the fact that someone would plagerize on a pointless basketball forum or the fact that he got caught in like two seconds:lol

Allanon
04-20-2009, 02:30 PM
lol Im going to give you an indepth preview of the series and analyze every bit of it and then Im going to give you my prediction.

You're a bad man. :lol

duncan228
04-20-2009, 02:35 PM
i wouldnt want him to get in trouble, just own up to it

Yup.

Findog
04-20-2009, 02:36 PM
Did Kendrick Perkins say that or Allanon?

Allanon
04-20-2009, 02:39 PM
Did Kendrick Perkins say that or Allanon?

Sorry, your boy Rose just ain't gonna do a repeat performance tonight. Most likely, he's gonna get curbstomped.

I ain't no Celtics lover, but they will win easily tonight.

hater
04-20-2009, 02:42 PM
Rose is a bad mofo. He will get 30+ again

DPG21920
04-20-2009, 02:44 PM
Well it is not exactly going out on a limb saying a Rookie wont drop 36 consistently in the playoffs against the defending champs.

Findog
04-20-2009, 02:46 PM
Sorry, your boy Rose just ain't gonna do a repeat performance tonight. Most likely, he's gonna get curbstomped.

True, but your whole premise is that he's not clutch, and you said you would only revise your opinion if he led a young, inexperienced Bulls team past the defending champs in a series. Even without KG, Boston is much better than Chicago.

Allanon
04-20-2009, 02:50 PM
True, but your whole premise is that he's not clutch, and you said you would only revise your opinion if he led a young, inexperienced Bulls team past the defending champs in a series. Even without KG, Boston is much better than Chicago.

I said that Rose is not a Winner and not The Man. He can't lead his team through adversity. I did say he's a good player. I also said he doesn't belong in the same conversation with Derron Williams and CP3. Everybody was trying to say he's just as good, I said he wasn't.

Derrick Rose is a good player when the going is good...but with the team down 20, the team stays down.

And I'll say it now, a Derrick Rose led team will never be more than Playoff fodder. He's a good 2nd/3rd player on a team, but not The Man on a team.

Findog
04-20-2009, 02:52 PM
I said that Rose is not a Winner. He can't lead his team through adversity. I did say he's a good player. I also said he doesn't belong in the same conversation with Derron Williams and CP3. Everybody was trying to say he's just as good, I said he wasn't.

Derrick Rose is a good player when the going is good...but with the team down 20, the team stays down.

And I'll say it now, a Derrick Rose led team will never be more than Playoff fodder.

:lmao

Allanon
04-20-2009, 02:53 PM

Good educated response.

hater
04-20-2009, 02:54 PM
I said that Rose is not a Winner and not The Man. He can't lead his team through adversity. I did say he's a good player. I also said he doesn't belong in the same conversation with Derron Williams and CP3. Everybody was trying to say he's just as good, I said he wasn't.

And I'll say it now, a Derrick Rose led team will never be more than Playoff fodder. He's a good 2nd/3rd player on a team, but not The Man on a team.

Rose is already better than Kobe was on his rookie year. Face it laker fan

Allanon
04-20-2009, 02:54 PM
Rose is already better than Kobe on his rookie year. Face it laker fan

Rose will never be as good as Kobe, sorry hater.

hater
04-20-2009, 02:55 PM
Rose will never be as good as Kobe, sorry hater.

I'm not saying he will. Read again. He's better than rookie Kobe.

Plus, giftwrap Gasol to the Bulls and they make it to the East Finals :lol

ElNono
04-20-2009, 02:57 PM
I think Oden owns both Kobe and Rose, TOGETHER... :wakeup

DPG21920
04-20-2009, 02:58 PM
Rose > Fish+Brown+Elf

Allanon
04-20-2009, 02:59 PM
I'm not saying he will. Read again. He's better than rookie Kobe.

Exactly, there's a ton of rookies better than Kobe in his first year, most of them didn't turn out to be anything more than role players.

Being better than Kobe in his rookie year doesn't mean much at all.

cheguevara
04-20-2009, 03:00 PM

Allanon
04-20-2009, 03:01 PM

Lakers were already #1 in the NBA before they got Gasol last year.

hater
Exactly, there's a ton of rookies better than Kobe in his first year, most of them didn't turn out to be anything more than role players.

Being better than Kobe in his rookie year doesn't mean much at all.

at the same time you can't already decide he is not a winner and will never carry a team to a championship. He is still a rookie for christ sake :rolleyes

hater
Lakers were already #1 in the NBA before they got Gasol last year.

:lmao :lmao

wow

sorry but this is going in my sig

jag
04-20-2009, 03:02 PM

What's your beef with Rose? Dude's legit

Allanon
04-20-2009, 03:02 PM
at the same time you can't already decide he is not a winner and will never carry a team to a championship. He is still a rookie for christ sake :rolleyes

That's just my guess, he doesn't have the demeanor. Of course I could be wrong.

From what I've seen all year (only watched about 30 Bulls games), whether his team is down 20 or up 20, he looks exactly the same. There's no urgency or any "I'm going to take over this game".

He's a good player, I never denied that. He's just doesn't "seem" to have the winner mentality.

hater
04-20-2009, 03:04 PM
That's just my guess, he doesn't have the demeanor. Of course I could be wrong.

From what I've seen all year (only watched about 30 Bulls games), whether his team is down 20 or up 20, he looks exactly the same.

He's a good player, I never denied that. He's just doesn't "seem" to have the winner mentality.

well even if your guess it has to be based on something. "seem" doesn't cut it.

Is it because he is very softspoken? Duncan was as well and look what happened

Allanon
04-20-2009, 03:05 PM
What's your beef with Rose? Dude's legit

My beef is he's not as good as Chris Paul/Derron Williams/Tony Parker. People were saying he's already as good as them.

hater
04-20-2009, 03:05 PM
My beef is he's not as good as Chris Paul/Derron Williams/Tony Parker. People were saying he's already as good as them.

he is already better than all of them in their rookie years.

DPG21920
04-20-2009, 03:07 PM

wow

Why, Lakers were #1 in the WCF standings last year when Bynum went down and right before they got Gasol.

Allanon
04-20-2009, 03:08 PM
well even if your guess it has to be based on something. "seem" doesn't cut it.

Is it because he is very softspoken? Duncan was as well and look what happened

Nah, it's based on his games this year.

How many times did the Bulls come from behind double digits and win a game? None in all the games I watched. I missed half the games but if you watch Derrick Rose play, it almost seems like he's too cool to be in a hurry.

Next time you see the Bulls down 15 points in the 4th quarter, watch Rose... is he trying to win the game or does he still look like he's playing the first quarter.

poop
04-20-2009, 03:09 PM
Perkins is a perpetually scowling faggotwho personifies the whole cocky Boston team, i hope Rose drops 40 on him

hater
04-20-2009, 03:13 PM

How many times did the Bulls come from behind double digits and win a game? None in all the games I watched. I missed half the games but if you watch Derrick Rose play, it almost seems like he's too cool to be in a hurry.

Next time you see the Bulls down 15 points in the 4th quarter, watch Rose... is he trying to win the game or does he still look like he's playing the first quarter.

will do.

but Rose has a killer mentality and will definitely be a winner in this league.

ZUgIYpcre5o

Allanon
04-20-2009, 03:15 PM
will do.

but Rose has a killer mentality and will definitely be a winner in this league.

If you're right, I'll eat my words. I have nothing personally against Rose, he's a good player. I just haven't seen that "killer mentality" as you put it.

Morg1411
04-20-2009, 03:17 PM

Actually, I'm fairly certain this happened at least a couple of times, though not on a consistent basis, I grant you. Their home game against Dallas, and at least one of their games against the Knicks this season.

I think you're being a bit hard on Rose, personally. I don't necessarily think he's on the same level as Kobe or CP3 (yet), but the kid is something special, there''s little doubting that. The fact that he's performing at this level in just his rookie season is encouraging: I can only imagine he'll get better, especially as he begins to adopt more of the "winner's mentality" of which you speak.

Morg1411
04-20-2009, 03:18 PM
Wow, I was waaaay too slow typing this...looks like the conversation ended already. :)

Allanon
04-20-2009, 03:18 PM

wow

Have a look at the standings last year before the Gasol trade. The Lakers were #1 (not sure if it was #1 in the NBA or just in the WC, probably just WC).

The Lakers traded Kwame + Marc Gasol for Pau Gasol. The Lakers would still be very deep in big men with Kwame+Marc.

Even without Pau Gasol, the Lakers with Kobe/Bynum/Odom/Ariza/Fisher + Marc Gasol + Phil Jackson would probably still be the favorites to make it out of the WC this year. It would be a much rougher ride but they'd probably still make it.

lefty
04-20-2009, 03:20 PM
Damn

Someone was able to decipher what Perkins said?

I mean everytime he speaks, it's like : " grunph mromph brombl grrrrmpth "

spurs_fan_in_exile
04-20-2009, 03:25 PM
Damn

Someone was able to decipher what Perkins said?

I mean everytime he speaks, it's like : " grunph mromph brombl grrrrmpth "

Since Shaq's got nothing but free time this year they called him in to translate.

Allanon
04-20-2009, 03:26 PM
Wow, I was waaaay too slow typing this...looks like the conversation ended already. :)

Hahah, yes, you're a bit late. I am a bit hard on Rose.

He failed me since the NCAA tourney game and I won't let up 'til he proves it back. I was a huge Rose fan before that, but I never noticed his main flaw until that final game.

hater
04-20-2009, 03:27 PM
w6G_RRGHzfA

kZc_r6vBE-8

z0sa
04-20-2009, 03:32 PM
Why, Lakers were #1 in the WCF standings last year when Bynum went down and right before they got Gasol.

LA won the #1 seed in 2008 by two games with gasol in for the entire post all-star break. Without gasol, they aren't better than 5 seed by season's end.

Allanon
04-20-2009, 03:35 PM
he is already better than all of them in their rookie years.

People were saying he was as good as CP3/DWill/Tony Parker...RIGHT NOW (this original discussion was back in November 2008, I think).

Allanon
04-20-2009, 03:37 PM
LA won the #1 seed in 2008 by two games with gasol in for the entire post all-star break. Without gasol, they aren't better than 5 seed by season's end.

Prior to Gasol coming to LA, the Lakers had already achieve the #1 seed with just Bynum.

This year, with just Kobe/Bynum/Odom/Ariza/Fisher + Marc Gasol, they would probably also be #1, just not by an 11 game margin.

Amaso
04-20-2009, 03:37 PM

How can you make all these assumptions... this is his first year in the NBA.

sook
04-20-2009, 03:38 PM
Rose is already the best player in the entire NBAs

Findog
04-20-2009, 03:39 PM
How many times did the Bulls come from behind double digits and win a game?

Off the top of my head, they erased a 20-point lead by the Mavericks early in the season. Just admit you're totally off-base on Rose. He's ahead of where CP3 and Deron were as rookies, and if you think he's not going to reach their heights within the next 2-3 years, I don't know what to tell you.

Allanon
04-20-2009, 03:39 PM
How can you make all these assumptions... this is his first year in the NBA.

Prediction since November, I'm sticking with it until he proves me wrong.

hater
04-20-2009, 03:40 PM
Prediction since November, I'm sticking with it until he proves me wrong.

how is he gonna have to prove you wrong? by winning a championship in his rookie year??? :bang

tso & lo Cavfanatic
04-20-2009, 03:40 PM
Rose >>>>>> Rondo

Allanon
04-20-2009, 03:42 PM
Off the top of my head, they erased a 20-point lead by the Mavericks early in the season.
No offense, but alot of teams erased huge leads versus the Mavericks this year.

Just admit you're totally off-base on Rose. He's ahead of where CP3 and Deron were as rookies, and if you think he's not going to reach their heights within the next 2-3 years, I don't know what to tell you.

When you're right, I'll admit you're right. We won't have to wait long, let's see what he does tonight against some adversity.

There's no way Derrick Rose is as good as CP3/DWill/TPark RIGHT NOW (yes, that was said in the original conversation back then).

If you don't recall, people weren't comparing them in their rookie years, it was DRose rookie vs those 3 veterans, not their rookies.

Allanon
04-20-2009, 03:42 PM
how is he gonna have to prove you wrong? by winning a championship in his rookie year??? :bang

No, just has to win this 1st round series. He's up 1-0, he just needs to win 3 more. Anything less is a chokejob.

If Rose wins this series, I will grovel to you Rose lovers.

Let's see DRose take advantage of a Celtics team missing their star player.

Chris Fall
04-20-2009, 03:43 PM
I would have Perkins fouled out in the first quarter if we were playing the Celtics.

Findog
04-20-2009, 03:47 PM
No offense, but alot of teams erased huge leads versus the Mavericks this year.

And vice versa, Mavs had a lot of comeback wins this year too. Be careful, you may end up eliminating us in 6 games in the conference finals. We're not some trash team.

Allanon
04-20-2009, 03:48 PM
And vice versa, Mavs had a lot of comeback wins this year too. Be careful, you may end up eliminating us in 6 games in the conference finals. We're not some trash team.

Like I said, no offense. I do appreciate the game that Dirk and the Mavs bring. The Mavs are the last team I would talk shit about.

Tacker
04-20-2009, 03:58 PM

I doubt it

Tacker
04-20-2009, 04:16 PM

You missed the Rockets game didnt you?

sook
04-20-2009, 04:18 PM
I will go out and buy a derrick rose jersey sometime soon.

Allanon
04-20-2009, 04:22 PM
You missed the Rockets game didnt you?

Probably, I only watched about 30 Bulls games. Most of the games I watched, the Bulls lost. There were no comebacks, no rallies.

But I have an open mind, let's watch this Bulls/Celtics series play out. Rose has the upper-hand now with 1-0 in the series. And the Celtics are without their superstar.

I don't care if KG's out, if Rose can win this series, I'll take back all I've said bad about DRose.

But, if Rose gives this series back to the Celtics, he's just being the Derrick Rose that I've seen too many times before.

Tacker
04-20-2009, 04:26 PM
Probably, I only watched about 30 Bulls games. Most of the games I watched, the Bulls lost. There were no comebacks, no rallies.

But I have an open mind, let's watch this Bulls/Celtics series play out. Rose has the upper-hand now with 1-0 in the series. And the Celtics are without their superstar.

I don't care if KG's out, if Rose can win this series, I'll take back all I've said bad about DRose.

But, if Rose gives this series back to the Celtics, he's just being the Derrick Rose that I've seen too many times before.

Ya that Rockets game the Bulls were down 17 with 5 min to go and Rose scored 13 straight points enroute to a win.

Why would one series give you your saying on the future of the Rookie? I don't think any rookie whether its Michael Jordan, Kobe, Chris Paul if put in place of Rose this year would make it past the series. Ya they don't have KG but they still managed to win 60+ games with him injured and thats far off better than the Bulls.

DPG21920
04-20-2009, 04:26 PM
Do you agree that Rose > Fish+Brown+Elf?

hater
04-20-2009, 04:28 PM
I will go out and buy a derrick rose jersey sometime soon.

me too.

he is already my favorite player in the East. He is not flashy, not cocky and not hyped by the media. And he let's his game speak for itself.

Tacker

Jordan his rookie year gave the series away to the Celtics, look at what he has achieved. I dont know what youre trying to say here.

Tacker
me too.

he is already my favorite player in the East. He is not flashy, not cocky and not hyped by the media. And he let's his game speak for itself.

Like Tim Duncan.

hater
Jordan his rookie year gave the series away to the Celtics, look at what he has achieved. I dont know what youre trying to say here.

I don't think even he knows. :downspin:

hater
04-20-2009, 04:29 PM
Like Tim Duncan.

:tu

Allanon
04-20-2009, 04:36 PM

Jordan in his early years was also considered a good player but a loser.

So Rose (if he gives the series away) is a loser until he proves otherwise, I'm cool with that.

Spursfan092120
04-20-2009, 04:36 PM
Bulletin board material?

Morg1411
04-20-2009, 04:37 PM

Though I'm not sure which games you watched, the Bulls have been a vastly improved game since the trade deadline landed them their current roster. The current rotation has been on a tear. While they have mental lapses and occasionally stumble a step backwards to their "we suck" early season play, the Bulls have overall been very consistent coming into the late stretch of the regular season and, as we've seen, on into the Playoffs.

Now, that being said, I think the C's still have the edge in this series, but I'm glad that the Bulls have already given them something to think about. I originally stated that this would be a repeat of the Celtics first round series against the Hawks last season; after that Game 1, I think this series is going to be even better.

Tacker
04-20-2009, 04:39 PM

So Rose (if he gives the series away) is a loser until he proves otherwise, I'm cool with that.

Define loser in that statement.

Allanon
04-20-2009, 04:39 PM

Not a winner.

Morg1411
04-20-2009, 04:41 PM

Not a winner.

nkdlunch
04-20-2009, 04:43 PM

So... Jordan was a loser in his rookie year because he did not manage to beat the Celtics dynasty in his 1st year on the league???

you are really sounding like an idiot.

Tacker
04-20-2009, 04:43 PM
Not a winner.

So does that mean every player in the NBA are losers? I still dont understand, what criteria are you basing this on. What player can be classified as a winner and loser?

Allanon
04-20-2009, 04:47 PM
So... Jordan was a loser in his rookie year because he did not manage to beat the Celtics dynasty in his 1st year on the league???

you are really sounding like an idiot.

No dumbass, he was considered a loser for many more years after that, not just his rookie year.

Jordan didn't become a winner until his late 20's.

Allanon
04-20-2009, 04:51 PM
So does that mean every player in the NBA are losers? I still dont understand, what criteria are you basing this on. What player can be classified as a winner and loser?

We're talking about Derrick Rose being the best point guard in the NBA. People said he was as good as CP3/DWill RIGHT NOW.

If he was as good, he would win that Playoff series as CP3/Dwill have already won playoff series.

This is against a KG-less Celtics team, but I'll cut him some slack.

nkdlunch
04-20-2009, 04:59 PM
No dumbass, he was considered a loser for many more years after that, not just his rookie year.

Jordan didn't become a winner until his late 20's.

nobody thought Jordan was a loser in his rookie year, except morons like you.

So Rose wins this round and he is going to instantly become a winner? :idiot

on that note, KObe is still a loser since he never won a ring without Shaq's help. :lmao

Tacker
04-20-2009, 04:59 PM
We're talking about Derrick Rose being the best point guard in the NBA. People said he was as good as CP3/DWill RIGHT NOW.

If he was as good, he would win that Playoff series as CP3/Dwill have already won playoff series.

This is against a KG-less Celtics team, but I'll cut him some slack.

Im not People and this answer doesnt answer my question.

"So does that mean every player in the NBA are losers? I still dont understand, what criteria are you basing this on. What player can be classified as a winner and loser?"

Thats the question I want you to answer.

Allanon
04-20-2009, 05:01 PM
nobody thought Jordan was a loser in his rookie year, except morons like you.

So Rose wins this round and he is going to instantly become a winner? :idiot

No dumbfuck, if Rose wins this round, that means he is and has been the winner everybody thinks he is. He would be living up to the lofty expectations and hype.

nkdlunch
04-20-2009, 05:02 PM
No dumbfuck, if Rose wins this round, that means he is and has been the winner everybody thinks he is.

that makes no sense. You're pathetic

Allanon
04-20-2009, 05:04 PM

that makes no sense. You're pathetic

You're a stupid mother fucker who can't comprehend. Everybody says he's great and a winner.

He won't "instantly become a winner" like you said because he already is in alot of people's eyes.

"He's just doing what he's supposed to do". -- Spursdynasty.

duncan228
04-20-2009, 05:07 PM
Thats the question I want you to answer.

I wonder if you'll get an answer. I didn't. :wakeup

BUMP
when you get owned by the plagerizer and then have to quote SpursDynasty to save your argument its time to give up, no offense

JamStone
I looked it up. In his rookie season, Michael Jordan didn't even lose to a defending championship Boston Celtics team in the first round. His Chicago Bulls team lost to the Terry Cummings Milwaukee Bucks in the first round of the playoffs his rookie season.

Allanon
04-20-2009, 05:09 PM
when you get owned by the plagerizer and then have to quote SpursDynasty to save your argument its time to give up, no offense

And where was I owned by the plagiarizer?

I felt dirty quoting SD, but he speaketh the truth.

ps. And what's your problem Bump? I never shit on the Mavs. You and I never had any beef and I thought your trolls were pretty damn good.

Alrighty then, you want to start shit, you'll have it.

Tacker
04-20-2009, 05:12 PM
I looked it up. In his rookie season, Michael Jordan didn't even lose to a defending championship Boston Celtics team in the first round. His Chicago Bulls team lost to the Terry Cummings Milwaukee Bucks in the first round of the playoffs his rookie season.

Whoever he faced, he is still considered a loser according to Allanon

Allanon
04-20-2009, 05:13 PM
Whoever he faced, he is still considered a loser according to Allanon

So MJ in his early 20's was a winner according to you?

And since plagiarizing was brought up by Bump, why don't you answer Duncan228's question?

Tacker
04-20-2009, 05:13 PM
So does that mean every player in the NBA are losers? I still dont understand, what criteria are you basing this on. What player can be classified as a winner and loser

Answer this Allanon

Tacker
04-20-2009, 05:14 PM
So MJ in his early 20's was a winner according to you?

And since plagiarizing was brought up by Bump, why don't you answer Duncan228's question?

Well it depends on how you would classify a winner or a loser. What criteria must one meet in order for him to be considered a winner?

Allanon
04-20-2009, 05:15 PM
Answer this Allanon

I already answered Tacker.

People are comparing Rose to CP3/Dwill right now. CP3 and DWill have ALREADY had playoff series wins.

This is Rose's criteria, win one series.

Now answer Duncan228's question Tacker.

Allanon
04-20-2009, 05:16 PM
Well it depends on how you would classify a winner or a loser. What criteria must one meet in order for him to be considered a winner?

CP3/DWill are the one's in question here. Look back, this is in direct response to Derrick Rose being the BEST POINT GUARD IN THE NBA.

Answer Duncan228, Mr. Tacker.

Tacker
04-20-2009, 05:16 PM

Na its funny having him following me around to try to grab my attention.

Tacker
04-20-2009, 05:17 PM
CP3/DWill are the one's in question here. Look back, this is in direct response to Derrick Rose being the BEST POINT GUARD IN THE NBA.

Answer Duncan228, Mr. Tacker.

You said Derrick Rose is a loser. You made that statement. Now support that statement, what criteria did you base it on. Why was he considered a loser and not a winner, what must a player do to achieve winning status?

Allanon
04-20-2009, 05:18 PM
You said Derrick Rose is a loser. You made that statement. Now support that statement, what criteria did you base it on. Why was he considered a loser and not a winner, what must a player do to achieve winning status?

You're cherry picking my statements, much like you cherry picked Whelden's article.

This argument goes alot further back than what I said today. Read that part first, then get back to me.

duncan228
04-20-2009, 05:23 PM
Na its funny having him following me around to try to grab my attention.

Spur-Addict
04-20-2009, 05:24 PM
Somebody needs to let it go. That position is crumbling by the day.

Allanon
04-20-2009, 05:29 PM
Just to clarify my position, in case all the cherry-pickers have clouded it up:

1) Derrick Rose is a very good player
2) He is not as good as CP3/DWill/Tony Parker
3) He is not a winner
4) He has not won anything yet

Numbers 1-4 are what I said in the past. And all 4 are true as of right now.

And this is what I think about DRose's future
5) A Derrick Rose led team will never be more than Playoff fodder
6) Derrick Rose is a great #2/#3 player, but doesn't have what it takes to be the #1 player (on a contending team)

Tacker
04-20-2009, 05:34 PM
Just to clarify my position, in case all the cherry-pickers have clouded it up:

1) Derrick Rose is a very good player
3) He is not a winner
4) He has not won anything yet

Numbers 1-4 are what I said in the past.

And this is what I think about DRose's future
5) A Derrick Rose led team will never be more than Playoff fodder
6) Derrick Rose is a great #2/#3 player, but doesn't have what it takes to be the #1 player (on a contending team)

1) Derrick Rose is a very good player :tu
3) He is not a winner :td
4) He has not won anything yet :td

Allanon
04-20-2009, 05:35 PM
1) Derrick Rose is a very good player :tu

How do you disagree on points #2-#4 ? It's easy to put up emoticons, let's have some answers.

Tacker
04-20-2009, 05:37 PM
3)Well I still dont get why you say Derrick Rose is not a winner. What classifies him as a winner or not?

4) Refer above.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-20-2009, 05:38 PM
Refer above.

Did you copy something again?

Allanon
04-20-2009, 05:43 PM
3)Well I still dont get why you say Derrick Rose is not a winner. What classifies him as a winner or not?

4) Refer above.

Why did you leave out #2? You're cherry picking again.

Do you think Derrick Rose is as good as CP3/Dwill/Tony Parker?

Derrick Rose hasn't won anything yet. To be as good as CP3/DWill/Tony Parker (all of whom have won multiple series), he needs to win something.

Tacker
04-20-2009, 05:44 PM
Why did you leave out #2? You're cherry picking again.

Do you think Derrick Rose is as good as CP3/Dwill/Tony Parker?

Derrick Rose hasn't won anything yet. To be as good as CP3/DWill/Tony Parker, he needs to win something.

As of now DRose is not as good as CP3/DWILL, where did I say that?

But I still dont know what you mean when you say Rose is not a winner? Why isnt he a winner?

Allanon
04-20-2009, 05:45 PM
As of now DRose is not as good as CP3/DWILL, where did I say that?

Excellent. Why did you leave out the thumbs up in your original thumbs up/thumbs down post?

But I still dont know what you mean when you say Rose is not a winner? Why isnt he a winner?

Because Derrick Rose hasn't won anything.

Tacker
04-20-2009, 05:47 PM
Excellent. Why did you leave out the thumbs up in your original thumbs up/thumbs down post?

Because Derrick Rose hasn't won anything.

Whats the anything you are referring to?

Allanon
04-20-2009, 05:48 PM
Whats the anything you are referring to?

You tell me. What has Derrick Rose won that we should know about?

Tacker
04-20-2009, 05:50 PM
You tell me. What has Derrick Rose won that we should know about?

Just because he hasn't passed the first round doesn't make him a loser. He has won 41 games and made it to the playoff so I guess that makes him a winner.

Morg1411
04-20-2009, 05:51 PM
(We interrupt this debate to re-hijack this thread:)

GO BULLS, KICK SOME ASS!!!!

(We now return you to your regularly scheduled argument.)

Allanon
04-20-2009, 05:54 PM
Just because he hasn't passed the first round doesn't make him a loser. He has won 41 games and made it to the playoff so I guess that makes him a winner.

Good players can win 41 games and make it to the Playoffs.

T-Mac has won multiple games in the Playoffs, but he's not a winner either.

Allanon
04-20-2009, 05:54 PM
(We interrupt this debate to re-hijack this thread:)

GO BULLS, KICK SOME ASS!!!!

(We now return you to your regularly scheduled argument.)

I'll lose my argument but I would love nothing more than to see the Celtics get their asses handed to them by Derrick Rose.

:lol

Tacker
04-20-2009, 05:57 PM

T-Mac has won multiple games in the Playoffs, but he's not a winner.

So you're saying Rose won't be a "Great Superstar" Unless he gets past the first round? You're judging a player's performance over his winning habits?

Lets say theres a player that averags 50 ppg, 25rbpg 15 apg, 10 bpg and 10 spg but never made it past the first round playoffs in his career, does that mean he's just a good player and not a Great Player?

Kamnik
04-20-2009, 05:58 PM
Perkins.... a dumb statement coming from a dumb guy.

Fuck the celtics!

Allanon
04-20-2009, 05:59 PM
So you're saying Rose won't be a "Great Superstar" Unless he gets past the first round? You're judging a player's performance over his winning habits?

Winners find ways to win. That's the difference between a good player and a winner. CP3 has a pretty horrible team, but even he finds ways to win with that motley bunch.

Lets say I have a player that averaged 50 ppg, 25rbpg 15 apg, 10 bpg and 10 sbpg but never made it past the first round playoffs in his career, does that mean Im just a good player and not a Great Player?

If you average 50ppg, 25rbpg and 15apg, 10bpg and never make it out of the first round, you are a serious loser.

Spur-Addict
04-20-2009, 06:01 PM
First off, anyone can critique any premise in your argument. It is not cherry picking, it is basic ways of arguing.

Second, he led his team to the playoffs in his first year despite the rookie adversities. By making the playoffs, he is already a winner. There are several teams at home watching these playoffs. Those teams are losers.

Third, he is already making a good showing in this here first round. So premise three and premise four is garbage. If we are going to put expectations such as championship hopes, and title contention on him in year one, someone is being quite unreasonable.

We know what will come next. "Well he hasn't won a playoff series. When he does that i'll call him a winner". You can change what a winner is by upping the level of winner all you want to. But a low winner is still a winner. He is better than all of those players as a rookie.

If Chicago wins this playoff series, you will look even more of a fool. It's ok, it'll be alright.

As far as your predictions go, they are not even worth talking about as anyone can say anything about the future. It's a bunch of crystal ball educated guessing.

Tacker
04-20-2009, 06:01 PM
Winners find ways to win. That's the difference between a good player and a winner. CP3 has a pretty horrible team, but even he finds ways to win with that motley bunch.

If you average 50ppg, 25rbpg and 15apg, 10bpg and never make it out of the first round, you are a serious loser.

Yes he would be a serious loser, but would that mean he is not a Great Superstar?

Allanon
04-20-2009, 06:02 PM
Yes he would be a serious loser, but would that mean he is not a Great Superstar?

Yes, he would be a great superstar.

Spur-Addict
04-20-2009, 06:02 PM

T-Mac has won multiple games in the Playoffs, but he's not a winner either.

After a while you must progress in your winning. He has not. They are not comparable because of the disparity in comparison in time spent in this league. Try again.

Allanon
04-20-2009, 06:07 PM
First off, anyone can critique any premise in your argument. It is not cherry picking, it is basic ways of arguing.

Yes, it is cherry-picking. Simply picking out statements without context is cherry-picking.

Second, he led his team to the playoffs in his first year despite the rookie adversities. By making the playoffs, he is already a winner. There are several teams at home watching these playoffs. Those teams are losers.

He led his team to the Playoffs in his rookie year. Good for him. Doesn't make him as good as CP3/Tony Parker/DWill.

Third, he is already making a good showing in this here first round. So premise three and premise four is garbage. If we are going to put expectations such as championship hopes, and title contention on him in year one, someone is being quite unreasonable.

No, no need for championship hopes or title contention. We're comparing him to DWill/CP3/Tony Parker. They've all won a Playoff series.

Derrick Rose has not won anything. T-Mac also never got out of the first round, nobody considers him a winner.

People are trying to call him the best point guard in the NBA and he hasn't even won a Playoff series yet.

We know what will come next. "Well he hasn't won a playoff series. When he does that i'll call him a winner". You can change what a winner is by upping the level of winner all you want to. But a low winner is still a winner. He is better than all of those players as a rookie.

If Chicago wins this playoff series, you will look even more of a fool. It's ok, it'll be alright.

Let's wait for DRose to win SOMETHING before comparing him to CP3/DWill/Tony Parker, please.

If Derrick Rose does win this series, I'm a total fool. If not, I am right, yet again.

As far as your predictions go, they are not even worth talking about as anyone can say anything about the future. It's a bunch of crystal ball educated guessing.

Yes, it is. I'm cool with people thinking Derrick Rose may become great, I don't think so, but it's cool.

But comparing him to CP3/DWill/Tony Parker right now is damned crazy, and you're better than that Spurs-Addict.

Tacker
04-20-2009, 06:07 PM
Does that make Lebron James a loser? He has gotten past the first round, but never won a championship? Why is passing the first round the criteria you chose in determining who is and is not a winner? Why not the second round or the conference finals or even an NBA Championship?

Allanon
04-20-2009, 06:09 PM
So Wilt was a loser?

Wilt got out of the first round.

Allanon
04-20-2009, 06:10 PM
Does that make Lebron James a loser? He has gotten past the first round, but never won a championship? Why is passing the first round the criteria you chose in determining who is and is not a winner? Why not the second round or the conference finals or even an NBA Championship?

Because Derrick Rose has not even gotten out of the first round yet but you are already declaring him a winner.

Win something, then we'll talk about it.

Tacker
04-20-2009, 06:12 PM
Because Derrick Rose has not even gotten out of the first round yet but you are already declaring him a winner.

Win something, then we'll talk about it.

Chris Paul has never got past the second round so I guess he is a loser?

Allanon
04-20-2009, 06:14 PM
Lebron James has never got past the NBA Finals so I guess he is a loser?

LeBron's gotten past the first round, Derrick Rose has not. Let's not insult LeBron by comparing him to Rose.

Tacker
04-20-2009, 06:16 PM
LeBron's gotten past the first round, Derrick Rose has not. Let's not insult LeBron by comparing him to Rose.

Why you say the first round, how about the second round? Has Chris Paul passed the second round? Why is passing the first round a must to be considered a winner? Why not passing the second round?

Allanon
04-20-2009, 06:18 PM
Why you say the first round, how about the second round? Has Chris Paul passed the second round? Why is passing the first round a must to be considered a winner? Why not passing the second round?

Derrick Rose hasn't even won 1 round and he's playing an injured Celtics team.

One series win, that's all I ask, those aren't lofty expectations.

Spur-Addict
04-20-2009, 06:18 PM
Yes, it is cherry-picking. Simply picking out statements without context is cherry-picking.

He led his team to the Playoffs in his rookie year. Good for him. Doesn't make him as good as CP3/Tony Parker/DWill.

No, no need for championship hopes or title contention. We're comparing him to DWill/CP3/Tony Parker. They've all won a Playoff series.

Derrick Rose has not won anything. T-Mac also never got out of the first round, nobody considers him a winner.

People are trying to call him the best point guard in the NBA and he hasn't even won a Playoff series yet.

Let's wait for DRose to win SOMETHING before comparing him to CP3/DWill/Tony Parker, please.

If Derrick Rose does win this series, I'm a total fool. If not, I am right, yet again.

Yes, it is. I'm cool with people thinking Derrick Rose may become great, I don't think so, but it's cool.

But comparing him to CP3/DWill/Tony Parker right now is damned crazy, and you're better than that Spurs-Addict.

Attacking premises is not cherry picking, but w/e.

Leading his team to the playoffs is not in regards to his level as a player, it is in regard to him being a winner. Lets try to pay attention here.

If we are going to disregard roster quality in rookie years to better suit ones argument, you can go right ahead. You can go right ahead because anyone with any sort of reasoning will point that out.

Derrick Rose is in year one. He has made step one in his maturation in being a winner. (Playoffs, winning a series, making noise, contending, winning) You cannot compare him to Tracy McGrady yet.

I never called him the best point guard in the league, I am simply making points.

If comparing point guard rookie years is crazy, I guess I am crazy.

Tacker
04-20-2009, 06:20 PM
Derrick Rose hasn't even won 1 round and he's playing an injured Celtics team.

One series win, that's all I ask, those aren't lofty expectations.

Well I say Chris Paul is a loser because he hasnt passed the second round.

Allanon
04-20-2009, 06:22 PM
Attacking premises is not cherry picking, but w/e.

That wasn't my premise that was cherry-picked. My premise is that Derrick Rose is not as good as CP3/DWill/Tony Parker. Just cherry picking out one statement without addressing the overall argument is cherry picking.

Leading his team to the playoffs is not in regards to his level as a player, it is in regard to him being a winner. Lets try to pay attention here.

If we are going to disregard roster quality in rookie years to better suit ones argument, you can go right ahead. You can go right ahead because anyone with any sort of reasoning will point that out.

I've said it before, this is a good Bulls roster. CP3/DWill/Tony Parker could get a series win out of these Bulls.

Derrick Rose is in year one. He has made step one in his maturation in being a winner. (Playoffs, winning a series, making noise, contending, winning) You cannot compare him to Tracy McGrady yet.

I never called him the best point guard in the league, I am simply making points.

If comparing point guard rookie years is crazy, I guess I am crazy.

You're not crazy, you missed the original argument back in November "Derrick Rose is just as good as CP3/DWill/Tony Parker...RIGHT NOW"

I didn't agree with it and became a "Derrick Rose hater" :lol

Tacker
04-20-2009, 06:24 PM
That wasn't my premise that was cherry-picked. My premise is that Derrick Rose is not as good as CP3/DWill/Tony Parker. Just cherry picking out one statement without addressing the overall argument is cherry picking.

I've said it before, this is a good Bulls roster. CP3/DWill/Tony Parker could get a series win out of these Bulls.

You're not crazy, you missed the original argument back in Novembers "Derrick Rose is just as good as CP3/DWill/Tony Parker...RIGHT NOW"

I didn't agree with it and became a "Derrick Rose hater" :lol

I nor do I think Spurs-addict believes that Rose is as good as CP3/DWILL/Tony Parker, so why are you making us argue with that statement. You should be presenting that argument to those who Believe Rose is better than those 3 stooges.

Allanon
04-20-2009, 06:26 PM
I nor do I think Spurs-addict believes that Rose is as good as CP3/DWILL/Tony Parker, so why are you making us argue with that statement. You should be presenting that argument to those who Believe Rose is better than those 3 stooges.

Well, that there is my argument. I said Rose wasn't as good as those 3 and this is how it all started.

What is your argument then?

Joey Whelan
04-20-2009, 06:28 PM

Wait....this looks pretty familiar.

Tacker
04-20-2009, 06:29 PM
Well, that there is my argument. I said Rose wasn't as good as those 3 and this is how it all started.

You can't simply classify someone as a winner or loser based on the outcome of the first round of the playoffs.

IronMexican
04-20-2009, 06:29 PM
Allanon reminds me of whottt, in the sense that he switches sides. He sticks with his story.

Findog
04-20-2009, 06:31 PM

He's also a rookie,and he's put up better #s and led his team to a playoff spot and a win over the defending champs in the playoffs, something CP3 and Deron can't say.

If somebody seriously said Rose was as good right now as CP3, Deron and Parker, then fine, you win the argument for arguing the opposite. It's not a stretch to look at what he's doing now, compare it to the other guys rookie campaigns, and posit that he will be an elite PG in this league. He pretty much already is. But your argument has twisted into some amorphous "He's not a winner' crap. Win a series and he's a "winner?" Dirk Nowitzki has won 8 series, led his team within 5 minutes of a title, and you won't find many NBA fans willing to call him a winner, even though he is.

Ladies and Gentleman, sometimes you just need to admit you were wrong instead of doubling down on a dumb opinion. See Allanon, case in point.

Allanon
04-20-2009, 06:32 PM
You can't simply classify someone as a winner or loser based on the outcome of the first round of the playoffs.

I've felt the same way about Rose all year long, not just for these Playoffs.

Joey Whelan
04-20-2009, 06:33 PM

Wait....where did you find that?

Findog
04-20-2009, 06:33 PM
I've felt the same way about Rose all year long, not just for these Playoffs.

Is Dirk Nowitzki a winner? He's made it out of the first round 5 times.

Allanon
04-20-2009, 06:34 PM
If somebody seriously said Rose was as good right now as CP3, Deron and Parker, then fine, you win the argument for arguing the opposite.

Yup, you should read the original post.

And as of yet, Rose has proven that he is a very good player, which I said back then as well.

But he still has not won anything and should not be considered among CP3/Tony Parker/DWill right now.

Findog
04-20-2009, 06:35 PM
Yup, you should read the original post.

And as of yet, Rose has proven that he is a very good player, which I said back then as well.

But he has not won anything.

41 regular season games and 1 playoff game. And I hate to break it to you, but his rep won't suffer if the Bulls fail to pull off the upset.

Allanon
04-20-2009, 06:35 PM
Is Dirk Nowitzki a winner? He's made it out of the first round 5 times.

Absolutely, he's a bad mofo.

Allanon
04-20-2009, 06:36 PM
41 regular season games and 1 playoff game. And I hate to break it to you, but his rep won't suffer if the Bulls fail to pull off the upset.

I don't have high expectations for him beyond being a good player. I expect a loss in this series.

Nothing different from what I've said all along.

Findog
04-20-2009, 06:37 PM
I don't have high expectations for him beyond being a good player. I expect a loss in this series.

Nothing different from what I've said all along.

Celtics are a better TEAM than the Bulls. Unless Rose drastically underperforms his regular season numbers, the loss won't be on him.

lefty
04-20-2009, 06:37 PM
Since Shaq's got nothing but free time this year they called him in to translate.

:rollin

Allanon
04-20-2009, 06:39 PM
Celtics are a better TEAM than the Bulls. Unless Rose drastically underperforms his regular season numbers, the loss won't be on him.

Without KG, I think the Celtics are no more talented than the Bulls. But Paul Pierce knows how to win.

That is why you and I both expect a Bulls loss, Derrick Rose won't be the difference.

Findog
04-20-2009, 06:40 PM
Without KG, I think the Celtics are no more talented than the Bulls. But Paul Pierce knows how to win.

That is why you and I both expect a Bulls loss, Derrick Rose won't be the difference.

The Celtics still have an edge on talent and they are miles ahead of the Bulls in experience, chemistry and poise. They will win this series.

Tacker
04-20-2009, 06:41 PM

He knows how to win because he has Ray Allen and Co on his side. If Im not mistaken between 06 and 08 what happened?

Joey Whelan
04-20-2009, 06:42 PM
He knows how to win because he has Ray Allen and Co on his side. If Im not mistaken between 06 and 08 what happened?

Wait...this looks very familiar, I know i've seen it before

Allanon
04-20-2009, 07:00 PM
He knows how to win because he has Ray Allen and Co on his side.

Switch Paul Pierce onto the Bulls and I'd take that Bulls team to beat the KG-less Celtics.

If Im not mistaken between 06 and 08 what happened?

Paul Pierce won several Playoff series even before Ray Allen and Kevin Garnett came.