PDA

View Full Version : Roles reversed

holcs50
04-20-2009, 07:54 PM
Alright so Im sure all spurs fans have talked amongst one another and argued who is the better player....td or robinson. So I'm thinkin you know what would all those early/mid nineties teams look like if you had a young TD instead of robinson? And if robinson was just a rook comin out of Navy in 97/98? Helping an older duncan. It boggles my mind, but I think we'd have more than 4 titles if that was the case because I think robinsons prime is better than TDs...but its all subjective and highly probably biased on my part but as a guy who watched all of robbys career and all of td's i just gotta say robinson was a little bit better. Too bad in his prime he never had a great pg like parker or a slasher like ginobili.

Anyways i wanted to hear what yalls take is on that situation if TD was the rook in 89 and robby came in at 97? weird to think about

pimptaddy
04-20-2009, 07:55 PM
Does this mean the spurs would have tanked a season and gotten luck in the draft to get robinson then?

Obstructed_View
04-20-2009, 07:57 PM
Sorry, but it's an hour before tipoff. Aren't there a couple thousand threads about this already? Kori hasn't disabled searches.

holcs50
04-20-2009, 08:01 PM
Does this mean the spurs would have tanked a season and gotten luck in the draft to get robinson then?

LOL yea i guess they wouldve-that year was a non basketball year for me-i just played but didn't watch much. But yea of course say TD got his knee pains that year or something to get robinson. Ha cuz hed obviously be numero uno. Thats kind of crazy where did all the great centers go? After shaq getting drafted there has not been one great center in the draft.......well im wrong dwight howard is pretty amazing and so young, really reminds me of robinson without the offensive game, but his d, build, athleticism is almost identical. But besides dwight nothing. A lot more great centers came in the 80s and 90s.

holcs50
04-20-2009, 08:03 PM
Sorry, but it's an hour before tipoff. Aren't there a couple thousand threads about this already? Kori hasn't disabled searches.

my bad but at least this isn't one of the hundreds of threads about BS. At least it makes you think a little, and yes im relatively new here, and totally agree with the search button, but I guess the idea hit me randomly and felt compelled to post it. I don't think it'll harm you too much in the long run. :hat

duncan228
04-20-2009, 08:11 PM
Kind of related, you might find it interesting reading.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90127

Obstructed_View
04-20-2009, 08:21 PM
my bad but at least this isn't one of the hundreds of threads about BS. At least it makes you think a little, and yes im relatively new here, and totally agree with the search button, but I guess the idea hit me randomly and felt compelled to post it. I don't think it'll harm you too much in the long run. :hat

It won't harm me any more than doing a search before starting a new thread. If you think all the other threads are about BS, no wonder you started this one.

holcs50
04-20-2009, 08:57 PM
It won't harm me any more than doing a search before starting a new thread. If you think all the other threads are about BS, no wonder you started this one.

geez dude chill out. Honestly go to the local pharmacy, ask them how much chill pills are and buy a lot. You seem like someone who just over thinks everything. Anyways I was really interested to hear back what everyone thought but I guess now I know better, Ill search next time for you obstructed.
:rollin:blah:p: