PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on our beloved Mavs tonight

Ghazi
04-20-2009, 11:18 PM
Well, the guys in blue came out flat tonight. The defensive rotations were poor and we missed our shots. Their stars outplayed our stars.

But not too much to dwell on either. Everything I said in the first few sentences is all that needs to be said. They made their shots, we missed our shots, they played good defense, we played bad defense.

There is no "carry over" effect. Some will say they have momentum because they got blown out, but every game in a 7 game series has a different fingerprint to it, as the announcer said.

It's a best of 5 and the Mavs have home court. Let's see what we do.

Not sure what to make of the poor shooting of Terry/Howard/Dirk. Partly due to Spurs good defense but that can't be sustainable over the long run, can it?

Again, nothing much to worry about here, we got the split we needed to get.

Ditty
04-20-2009, 11:19 PM
spurs just beat a team they were supposed to beat thats all to it

see you in dallas spurs ill be there :)

mavs>spurs2
04-20-2009, 11:20 PM
It's not the poor shooting I'm worried about, we can bounce back from that. But if Tony Parker is going to score 27 points in a half, then well yeah, we're probably going to lose. 9-11 in that first quarter, just ridiculous. No one could stay in front of him, and to compound the problem our rotations were so late he would just waltz right to the rim. Way too many open threes for losers like Bonner and Mason who shouldn't be having an impact on the series.

Findog
04-20-2009, 11:27 PM
The Mavs simply have to go under on the screens and take their chances with his mid-range and perimeter jumpers. If he makes enough of them, tip your cap and wish him well against Denver. But they will lose if he carves them up in the paint.

Biggems
04-20-2009, 11:28 PM
Well, the guys in blue came out flat tonight. The defensive rotations were poor and we missed our shots. Their stars outplayed our stars.

But not too much to dwell on either. Everything I said in the first few sentences is all that needs to be said. They made their shots, we missed our shots, they played good defense, we played bad defense.

There is no "carry over" effect. Some will say they have momentum because they got blown out, but every game in a 7 game series has a different fingerprint to it, as the announcer said.

It's a best of 5 and the Mavs have home court. Let's see what we do.

Not sure what to make of the poor shooting of Terry/Howard/Dirk. Partly due to Spurs good defense but that can't be sustainable over the long run, can it?

Again, nothing much to worry about here, we got the split we needed to get.

defense is much easier to sustain than offense.......especially if the team is used to playing defense.

Shank
04-20-2009, 11:29 PM
No worries. Lackluster performance tonight. Howard a no-show. Bench couldn't find their groove. Now this shot heads back to our barn.

Brickhouse
04-20-2009, 11:32 PM
Even though the Mavs are a shitty road team and the Spurs are underrated, the mindset of the Mavs will always be that of losers.

You could tell from the first minute of the game that they were fat and happy from their first road win in ages.

monosylab1k
04-20-2009, 11:34 PM
No worries. Lackluster performance tonight. Howard a no-show. Bench couldn't find their groove. Now this shot heads back to our barn.

I would certainly hope so. Nothing brings laziness out of the Mavs like having the upper hand.

Ghazi
Even though the Mavs are a shitty road team and the Spurs are underrated, the mindset of the Mavs will always be that of losers.

You could tell from the first minute of the game that they were fat and happy from their first road win in ages.

The same mindset that won a 2006 NBA CHampionship?

Get the fuck out.

monosylab1k

Get the fuck out.

die

Brickhouse
04-20-2009, 11:35 PM

Get the fuck out.

Fluke :toast

monosylab1k
04-20-2009, 11:36 PM

:tu

And is it just me or does Dirk just not give a shit about his 3 pointers? Does he even practice them anymore? I can't even remember the last time he made one, and today he was way off on just about all of them.

Where the hell is Holger?

Mugen

right on fucking point.

Ghazi
Mavs just missed their shots tonight. They were down 21, made it 11. Got it to 9 midway through the 3rd and couldn't sustain the offense after that.

Doesn't mean they mentally checked out of the game before it started. The Spurs just won the game.

DrHouse
04-20-2009, 11:37 PM
There was no way the Mavs were gonna win this game and go up 2-0 on the Spurs.

This is the San Antonio Spurs were talking about here. Even without Ginobili they are going to be a tough out.

benefactor
04-20-2009, 11:38 PM
:tu

And is it just me or does Dirk just not give a shit about his 3 pointers? Does he even practice them anymore? I can't even remember the last time he made one, and today he was way off on just about all of them.

Where the hell is Holger?
I noticed that too. It's just a waste of a possession anymore for Dallas. He just needs to stick to the high post.

Brickhouse
04-20-2009, 11:39 PM
Yes letting a guy go for 27 points at halftime on 11-13 shooting is just missing shots.

I should have expected that though, i mean the Mavs did single-handedly revive the career of Baron Davis in 2007.

Ghazi
04-20-2009, 11:40 PM
Parker just made a few jump shots. Everyone knew he was gonna have a big series.

Just one game.

Going up 2-0 would've very easily meant a sweep. Spurs are too good to get swept.

No big deal, our guys just missed a few shots and Spurs made a few more shots and played better defense.

Mugen
04-20-2009, 11:42 PM
Parker just made a few jump shots. Everyone knew he was gonna have a big series.

Just one game.

Going up 2-0 would've very easily meant a sweep. Spurs are too good to get swept.

No big deal, our guys just missed a few shots and Spurs made a few more shots and played better defense.

he can get to the paint anytime he wants.

gaKNOW!blee
04-20-2009, 11:42 PM
Its not like Parker was hitting tough shots, he was hitting wideopen jumpers and getting uncontested layups.

Playing in Dallas isnt going to make Jason Kidd any younger, or anyone on that d faster than TP. He is going to have his way this entire series.

Duncan had a quiet night, expect another 25 pt game from him. Meaning...Spurs win.

Ghazi
04-20-2009, 11:43 PM
We will have to outscore the Spurs then.

Brickhouse
04-20-2009, 11:44 PM
Its not like Parker was hitting tough shots, he was hitting wideopen jumpers and getting uncontested layups.

Exactly. Like I said, Mavs mailed in this game a minute into it. Typical mindset.

Ghazi
04-20-2009, 11:47 PM
So I guess Parker deserves no credit. He only made those shots because the Mavs "mailed it in".

gaKNOW!blee
04-20-2009, 11:47 PM
Exactly. Like I said, Mavs mailed in this game a minute into it. Typical mindset.

He was getting a lot of those same shots in game one, he just missed a few bunnies. If he doesnt get 30 in game 3 I will be shocked.

monosylab1k
04-20-2009, 11:48 PM
So I guess Parker deserves no credit. He only made those shots because the Mavs "mailed it in".

Parker wasn't going off in Game 1 when the Mavs were putting forth effort.

Shank
04-20-2009, 11:48 PM
Start of the game and that awful run in the 3rd was their unraveling. If there was any sense of urgency or intensity in either of those 2 moments, Mavs would have been in this more than they were. As it stands, they shit the bed. They all talked about not making too much out of the G1 win and about being humble, but their body language and effort showed they were content with the split. And against a team like the Spurs, Manu or not, you can't just sit back and think things are going to come easily for you.

Brickhouse
04-20-2009, 11:49 PM

Parker is a great player, but letting a guy get so many easy looks and layups is more telling of the effort of the Mavs defense.

Ghazi
04-20-2009, 11:49 PM
Parker wasn't going off in Game 1 when the Mavs were putting forth effort.

He missed like 4 layups that game.

Ghazi
04-20-2009, 11:50 PM
Parker is a great player, but letting a guy get so many easy looks and layups is more telling of the effort of the Mavs defense.

Mavs struggled w/ point guards all year.

Just gotta hope to make enough shots to withstand the onslaught.

Like the last regular season game v Spurs. Parker had big game but Mavs hit their shots.

nsrammstein
Dirk needs to get more shots, I know he was getting banged up and everything but every time he got the ball on top of the key he managed to blow past his defender pretty easily and draw fouls

monosylab1k
He missed like 4 layups that game.

contested layups are tougher to make

Brickhouse
04-20-2009, 11:51 PM
They all talked about not making too much out of the G1 win and about being humble, but their body language and effort showed they were content with the split.

Good to know other non-homers saw the same thing.

nsrammstein
04-20-2009, 11:52 PM
Hopefully we'll play with more intensity, anyone going to listen to Mav-Talk on ESPN Radio?

ElNono
04-20-2009, 11:52 PM
The Mavs simply have to go under on the screens and take their chances with his mid-range and perimeter jumpers. If he makes enough of them, tip your cap and wish him well against Denver. But they will lose if he carves them up in the paint.

That's what the Mavs did with Barea on the second half of game 1, and today the Spurs showed how they adjusted to it: They set the pick almost inside the paint. Barea got knocked around like a pinball, and Tony was heaving floaters over Dampier. The ball is on Carslile's court now to see how he counters that. I think eventually they're gonna have to double him early and try to get the ball out of his hands.

Great game BTW. I thought Dirk looked a little flat and hurt at the end. Hope he's ok for Thursday.

Ghazi
04-20-2009, 11:54 PM
Good to know other non-homers saw the same thing.

Not a matter of homerism.

A team's energy level looks better when they're making their shots.

I doubt the Mavs said "hey guys lets show up and lose by 21"

:)

ElNono
04-20-2009, 11:55 PM
One other thing, I doubt Bonner is gonna be making those treys in Dallas, and Carslile has to figure out something to get Dirk free in the game.

monosylab1k
Hopefully we'll play with more intensity, anyone going to listen to Mav-Talk on ESPN Radio?

I'll drink a glass of AIDS-infested orange juice before I do that.

peskypesky
Mavs won't have anything to worry about if Pop keeps giving Bonner lots of minutes.

Shank
04-20-2009, 11:56 PM
I'll drink a glass of AIDS-infested orange juice before I do that.

You can't get AIDS from orange juice.

Jacob1983
04-20-2009, 11:57 PM
The Mavs played like a WNBA team tonight. No excuses for their performance tonight. Game 3 is a must win for the Mavs.

Ghazi
Celtics got blown out in playoffs last year at times, as did Spurs.

Hell even the Lakers

But Mavs get blown out and it means they have a loser mentality.

am I the only one who finds this irrational :lol

It happens in a 7 game series.

At end of day our guys, like the Celtics and Spurs are champions, hopefully well bounce back.

monosylab1k
You can't get AIDS from orange juice.

That's what you think.

Shank
04-20-2009, 11:58 PM
That's what you think.

God, I hope I'm wrong.

Shank
04-20-2009, 11:59 PM
Be prepared for the "Dogpile on Dirk" from the ill-informed Mavs fandom for the next 2 days. Time to bust out the "soft jumpshooter" bullshit from the closet.

nsrammstein
God, I hope I'm wrong.

Dirk needs to show up

monosylab1k

Hell even the Lakers

3 of those teams have championships, 1 doesn't.

2006 NBA Champions! It's so funny when I say this over and over! :deadhorse:perv::huddle:

Spur-Addict
God, I hope I'm wrong.

Shouldn't drink half empty O.J that doesn't belong to you from random public places. Not. Good.

monosylab1k
04-21-2009, 12:00 AM
Be prepared for the "Dogpile on Dirk" from the ill-informed Mavs fandom for the next 2 days. Time to bust out the "soft jumpshooter" bullshit from the closet.

You can't be called a soft jumpshooter when you don't make any of your jumpshots.

To his credit, Dirk played very tough all night long. But he also played like crap.

Ghazi
04-21-2009, 12:00 AM
Mavs were a whistle away from a championship.

Shouldn't their titles mean they shouldn't have gotten blown out?

Ghazi
04-21-2009, 12:01 AM

ill-informed Mavs fans aka Mono

Brickhouse
04-21-2009, 12:01 AM

Hell even the Lakers

am I the only one who finds this irrational :lol

It happens in a 7 game series.

At end of day our guys, like the Celtics and Spurs are champions, hopefully well bounce back.

Until the Mavs win a ring, not the fictional one you keep harping on, then I'll stop saying they have a loser's mentality.

This current group doesn't have the talent, but they should be able to beat a Manu-less Spurs so we'll see if that happens.

Past group had the talent but couldn't finish.

Ghazi
04-21-2009, 12:03 AM
D-Whistle getting all the calls is not a reflection on the team's mentality.

Shank
04-21-2009, 12:03 AM
Shouldn't drink half empty O.J that doesn't belong to you from random public places. Not. Good.

It wasn't random. I took it from a hooker I'd just finished fucking and dumped in a river.

Brickhouse
04-21-2009, 12:04 AM
You can't be called a soft jumpshooter when you don't make any of your jumpshots.

To his credit, Dirk played very tough all night long. But he also played like crap.

Dirk said he doesn't want to force shots but when your team is down by 17 points, it's about fucking time to force something instead of passing it to the midget all the time.

Spurs have a great defensive plan for him but he needs to find a way to adjust. Same with Terry.

BUMP
04-21-2009, 12:04 AM
Jesus Christ enough with the freaking 2006 championship bullshit!!!! It doesnt exist!

If we're allowed to just spew garbage like this over the forum how bout i just refer to the Grizzlies as the 2008 NBA champions and the Raptors as the 2007 ones.

:madrun :madrun :madrun

ElNono
04-21-2009, 12:05 AM
jesus christ enough with the freaking 2006 championship bullshit!!!! It doesnt exist!

If we're allowed to just spew garbage like this over the forum how bout i just refer to the grizzlies as the 2008 nba champions and the raptors as the 2007 ones.

bump

Shank
04-21-2009, 12:06 AM
Does Matt Bonner intentionally avoid sunlight?

Ghazi
04-21-2009, 12:07 AM
Jesus Christ enough with the freaking 2006 championship bullshit!!!! It doesnt exist!

If we're allowed to just spew garbage like this over the forum how bout i just refer to the Grizzlies as the 2008 NBA champions and the Raptors as the 2007 ones.

Fine, it doesn't exist.

But to say Dirk has a loser's mentality is just flaming.

Ditty
04-21-2009, 12:09 AM
well its might get worse for the mavs

dirk looks hurt

duncan gets 2 days of rest

parker will get his legs back

and the pressure is back on te mavs something they havent felt since 2007 and look how that went

monosylab1k
04-21-2009, 12:10 AM
Dirk said he doesn't want to force shots but when your team is down by 17 points, it's about fucking time to force something instead of passing it to the midget all the time.

Oh he had plenty of wide open looks, especially from the 3. He just did his best Adam Morrison impersonation all night long.

BUMP
04-21-2009, 12:12 AM
well its might get worse for the mavs

dirk looks hurt

duncan gets 2 days of rest

parker will get his legs back

and the pressure is back on te mavs something they havent felt since 2007 and look how that went

yeah getting home court advantage as the 6 seed is definitely the same as losing it against an 8 seed:rolleyes

see you in Dallas....aka the Spurs equivalent to hell :devil

Budkin
04-21-2009, 12:12 AM
It was nice to see the Mavs get their asses kicked tonight. That is all.

ElNono
04-21-2009, 12:14 AM
We should move Thursday's game to 4:20 PM...

http://www.ticket760.com/cc-common/mlib/694/04/694_1240256859.jpg

Shank
04-21-2009, 12:18 AM
Owwww...you were doing so well up until then.

monosylab1k
04-21-2009, 12:32 AM
the best sequence of Josh's night was when Dirk passed to him for a wide open 3 pointer with 2 seconds left on the shot clock, and in typical Josh Howard fashion, he pump fakes, dribbles, hears the shot clock buzzer go off and then tries a 20 foot lob pass.

Shank
04-21-2009, 12:35 AM
the best sequence of Josh's night was when Dirk passed to him for a wide open 3 pointer with 2 seconds left on the shot clock, and in typical Josh Howard fashion, he pump fakes, dribbles, hears the shot clock buzzer go off and then tries a 20 foot lob pass.

That shit's signature, son. The other move is the 50mph bulletpass into the 4th row.

Ghazi
04-21-2009, 12:36 AM
At least he is passing

hater
04-21-2009, 12:37 AM
:lmao

DPG21920
04-21-2009, 12:43 AM
I told you I saw Josh out partying last night.

Shank
04-21-2009, 12:43 AM
I have a theory that all black people hate Dirk.

I'm going to Oak Cliff tomorrow to test it out.

Ditty
04-21-2009, 01:01 AM
I have a theory that all black people hate Dirk.

I'm going to Oak Cliff tomorrow to test it out.

that was racist and should be banned

thats like me saying all mexicans hate Dirk

I'm going to every school in the northside isd(alot more white people than mexicans), northeast isd(alot more black people and white people but some mexican schools), san antonio isd, harlandale isd, edgewood district and southside isd,and about 20 other districts in the san antonio area tommorow to test it out

E20
04-21-2009, 01:05 AM
I can't believe TNT listed JJ Barea as 6 feet tall.