PDA

View Full Version : Analysis on the Spurs

usckk
03-21-2005, 12:13 AM
1) Brent Barry is putting to much pressure on himself to be the player everyone want him to be--a 3 point shooter. However, this season, he is getting down on himself because he missing them, therby hurting his overall play. He needs to relax and not think too much. I remember last year when I played tennis. I would think to much about my strokes, and ended up with the worse year of my tennis career. This year, however, I relaxed and cleared my head, and now i'm a completly different player. That's what Brent needs to do--not think to much. For example, today when he shot the ball, it seem he's trying to guide it in. Barry will end up being on the bench most of the time, especially in the playoffs. Look for Barry being back to his old form next year.

2) We all know that Duncan's injury will hurt us greatly, but this was bound to happen. Everyone gets injured. Might as well look at the bright side of this situation. With Timmy out, Nazr will get more, much needed minutes to get used to the Spurs system. Further, this will allow Tim to rest.

3) It is just me or is Pop more experimental with his lineups this year? This year, he puts different people out with different players. There's no set rotation. For example, he put Beno, Parker, and Brown on the court on the same time. FYI: the Parker/Beno combo didn't work against the Pistons. Everytime they were out together the Pistons would pull away. WTF? Can't coach Pop see that and not put them together?

4) Nazr Mohammed is looking really good. He doing great rebounding and scoring. He going to be a big contributor in the playoffs.

5) Rasho continues to play a lot better with out Timmy with him. It's like he's a complete different player. Once Timmy was out, Rasho played aggressively and did well. Look for Nazr to be in the starting lineup next year.

6) Beno is just tearing it up. I'm sure Parker got his extension already because Beno is doing great defensively and offesively. Beno is a better shooter and passer, while Parker is a better scorer and slasher.

7) Ginobili is great. Once he is fully healthy, the Spurs will be in a new level.

8) I think Glover will end up being in our playoff roster. He continues to show lapses of good defense and rebounding.