PDA

View Full Version : Gooden spitting blood?

alchemist
04-20-2009, 11:48 PM
Pop said so in his Post Game conference, hopefully everything is alright with the man

z0sa
04-20-2009, 11:50 PM
motherfucker wanted that ball, that's the kind of hustle and effort we desperately need for #5.

Whisky Dog
04-20-2009, 11:50 PM
Spitting blood? Probably took a shot to the face with all the bullshit the childish mavs were throwing around

50Bestspurever
04-20-2009, 11:51 PM
Probably bit his lip with boner getting all his minutes. Unleash Gooden!!!

Solid D
04-20-2009, 11:55 PM
Pop said so in his Post Game conference, hopefully everything is alright with the man

Let's hope he's not too sore. They have 2 days of rest though.

rayray2k8
04-20-2009, 11:56 PM
Probably bit his lip with boner getting all his minutes. Unleash Gooden!!!

:lol

He hit three 3 pointers and he's a fucking hero now..
:rolleyes
Goddamn miracle he didn't turn the ball over.

timvp
04-20-2009, 11:57 PM
Bruised kidney.

alchemist
What's Gooden's nickname anyone? I was about to call him The Machine but that vagina rocking the Purple and Gold already has the name.

Either way Gooden will be ready come Thursday :ihit :ihit :ihit :flag: :lobt2:

Ice009
That sucks. Spurs really need Drew. I hope he is alright.

ElNono
04-20-2009, 11:58 PM
But did you guys see him spitting fire before going for that rebound? :lol

Trimble87
04-20-2009, 11:58 PM
Its fine to call for his head when Bonner plays badly... but he played well tonight, so leave him alone lol. :toast

Solid D
04-20-2009, 11:59 PM
It had nothing to do with his 3-pointers rayray. You gotta learn to watch games if you're going to post in here. That is unless you are pulling chains.

Manufan909
04-20-2009, 11:59 PM
What's Gooden's nickname anyone? I was about to call him The Machine but that vagina rocking the Purple and Gold already has the name.

Big Drizzle.:toast

Trimble87
04-21-2009, 12:00 AM
Bruised kidney.

for sure from that loose ball/rebound. I haven't re-watched it but did anyone think the Mav(have no idea who it was) underneath him tried to undercut him at all? That was my initial reaction when he came down on his back, but didn't see a replay.

completely deck
04-21-2009, 12:00 AM

Gooden Plenty?

peskypesky
04-21-2009, 12:01 AM
Too Gooden

alchemist
04-21-2009, 12:02 AM
for sure from that loose ball/rebound. I haven't re-watched it but did anyone think the Mav(have no idea who it was) underneath him tried to undercut him at all? That was my initial reaction when he came down on his back, but didn't see a replay.
it was just a tough fall nothing "suspicious", the man was working his ass off :toast

alchemist
04-21-2009, 12:02 AM
Too Gooden
We have a WINNER!!! :toast

TampaDude
04-21-2009, 12:04 AM
Bruised kidney.

Uh...if he had a bruised kidney, he'd be PISSING blood, not spitting it. :lol

He looked okay, though. Got two days rest coming up, too. :toast

Solid D
Bruised kidney.

That ain't good at all.

VaSpursFan
Bruised kidney.

whoa...hope he gets better soon. we need him!

Manufan909
We have a WINNER!!! :toast

Dude, it actually is Big Drizzle. Forgot who came up with it, but IIRC he had that nickname before he became a Spur.

TampaDude
04-21-2009, 12:06 AM
That ain't good at all.

Naah...all he needs is some 'tussin... :lol

Spurs Brazil
04-21-2009, 12:07 AM
That ain't good at all.

He played in the 4th quarter so I hope it's not that bad

jdev82
04-21-2009, 12:08 AM
motherfucker wanted that ball, that's the kind of hustle and effort we desperately need for #5.

he wasnt hustling, he was padding his stats. a spur already had the rebound.

loveforthegame
04-21-2009, 12:09 AM
He looked good when he returned. If it was serious I don't think Pop would have played him again.

The 2 days rest should help though.

Libri
04-21-2009, 12:09 AM
He played in the 4th quarter so I hope it's not that bad

Yeah, it didn't look to bad.

The Truth #6
04-21-2009, 12:15 AM
He looked good when he returned. If it was serious I don't think Pop would have played him again.

The 2 days rest should help though.

When he walked back on the court after halftime I thought he was limping slightly, and he seemed to have less energy when he went back in the game.

DPG21920
04-21-2009, 12:17 AM
Well is a bruised kidney anything that will hamper Drew?

Yorae
04-21-2009, 12:19 AM
It's really a bruised kidney????

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-21-2009, 12:20 AM
Bruised kidneys don't cause coughing up blood....

My guess is the spitting blood part is courtesy of one of those late game Brandon Bass elbows...

underdawg
04-21-2009, 12:22 AM
he wasnt hustling, he was padding his stats. a spur already had the rebound.

what Spur was that?

DPG21920
Bruised kidneys evidently can take weeks to heal if the pain is really bad. Guess we just have to wait and see.

DPG21920
Bruised Kidneys can def cause you to spit up blood

Mugen
04-21-2009, 12:24 AM
im going to blame his horrible pass attempt to udoka on the blood thing then.

some players just weren't made to pass.

props to the drizzle though for providing that third scoring punch.

Shank
04-21-2009, 12:24 AM
Bruised kidneys are no joke. You'd hope they'd be pretty careful about how they handle it and send the guy for some X-rays after the game.

peskypesky
04-21-2009, 12:25 AM
could it be the spleen?

hater
04-21-2009, 12:25 AM
Gooden spit a kidney. it's all good. he's got 2 of them

Kori Ellis
04-21-2009, 12:27 AM
Bruised kidneys don't cause coughing up blood....

My guess is the spitting blood part is courtesy of one of those late game Brandon Bass elbows...

He was spitting blood after the fall. That's why he went to the locker room. I'm going to guess broken rib. But hopefully it's nothing.

DPG21920
04-21-2009, 12:27 AM
If it was a broken rib, how did he play the last minutes of the game so effectively?

Shank
04-21-2009, 12:28 AM
If it was a broken rib, how did he play the last minutes of the game so effectively?

Mavs defense.

gameFACE
04-21-2009, 12:29 AM
Whatever it is please heal in two days!

Spursfan092120
04-21-2009, 12:30 AM
Spurs say they think it's a back contusion. They're going to let him sleep with it and check him again in the morning, but they assume he'll be fine.

EricB
04-21-2009, 12:30 AM
Chris simms had similar symptoms after taking a hard fall on his lower back......

Shank
04-21-2009, 12:31 AM
One time, I fell off a horse and hurt my ribs. I wasn't right for almost a week.

Same thing? Not even close.

Spursfan092120
04-21-2009, 12:32 AM
Chris simms had similar symptoms after taking a hard fall on his lower back......
Yeah..I know..ruptured spleen. Here's hoping that's not it. Hopefully the Spurs' diagnosis is right.

texbumTHElife
I always call him Goodson... or The Goodson when he is really doing well.

duncan228
Gooden battered in first-half fall (http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/spurs/Gooden_battered_in_first-half_fall.html)
Mike Monroe

Spurs backup forward Drew Gooden hit the floor hard after tracking down a rebound and colliding with Mavericks forward Josh Howard in the second quarter.

Gooden left the floor shortly before the end of the first half after he began spitting up blood. He was examined during halftime and returned for the second half, during which he played 11 minutes.

“It was just an odd sort of fall,” Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said. “He was spitting up blood, so they checked him out. I’m not sure what’s going on, exactly.”

Gooden said he took to brunt of his fall on his right shoulder blade area, and was perplexed about the source of the blood.

“It felt like being in a car wreck,” he said. “They say you don’t feel the whiplash until the second day. I’ll see how I feel in the morning, and go from there.”

Gooden made six of nine shots Monday, scoring 13 points and grabbing three rebounds.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-21-2009, 12:33 AM
Mavs defense.

Shank
04-21-2009, 12:34 AM
Gooden battered in first-half fall (http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/spurs/Gooden_battered_in_first-half_fall.html)
Mike Monroe

Spurs backup forward Drew Gooden hit the floor hard after tracking down a rebound and colliding with Mavericks forward Josh Howard in the second quarter.

Gooden left the floor shortly before the end of the first half after he began spitting up blood. He was examined during halftime and returned for the second half, during which he played 11 minutes.

“It was just an odd sort of fall,” Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said. “He was spitting up blood, so they checked him out. I’m not sure what’s going on, exactly.”

Gooden said he took to brunt of his fall on his right shoulder blade area, and was perplexed about the source of the blood.

“It felt like being in a car wreck,” he said. “They say you don’t feel the whiplash until the second day. I’ll see how I feel in the morning, and go from there.”

Gooden made six of nine shots Monday, scoring 13 points and grabbing three rebounds.

Holy crap, I didn't know it was that bad. Hopefully he'll be alright. Falls like that can be scary when some of the symptoms don't come out for hours.

justinandimcool
This team never ceases to worry me :bang

Spursfan092120
I'm watching the game on tv now, for a second time, as I was at the game before. I just saw the fall again. Looked nasty, but not nasty enough to be something seriously internal. And after the fall, Gooden ran a lot, made some big shots. If it was something really serious and internal, I don't think he'd be playing as well as he did right after that..just an observation

porscha
Bruised kidney.

sounded scary:nope:nope

Spursmania
04-21-2009, 12:35 AM
Dude, it actually is Big Drizzle. Forgot who came up with it, but IIRC he had that nickname before he became a Spur.

That's right, he likes to ne called the "Big Drizzle".

alchemist
04-21-2009, 12:37 AM
the Big Drizzle? That's awful :lol

raspsa
04-21-2009, 12:38 AM
Would it be worse if he was coughing up blood? Go Go Gooden!

SouthTexasRancher
04-21-2009, 12:39 AM
It hurt just watching him land on his back like that. He didn't care, he wanted the ball.

He played Possessed tonight. He is a Warrior! Pop & RC better sign him to a damn good contract because he fits our system perfectly and he hustles his ass off. He'll be damn important in the WC Finals against the LA Fakers.

I'll take Duncan, Gooden and Thomas over Gasol, Bynum and Odom in the WC Finals because by then Drew will be real comfortable with the soon to be 2009 NBA Champion Spurs! :ihit

porscha
04-21-2009, 12:39 AM
This team never ceases to worry me :bang

praying...

Spursmania
04-21-2009, 12:40 AM
Mike Monroe

When I was at the game, I was checking him out because after the fall, I saw him leave to the locker room with the medical staff. I was worried, but then he came back and Pop played him some more. I thought he was ok. Then during timeouts and while on the bench, I saw him grab for a cup and keep spitting in it. I was like what the hell, he's dipping? Has phlegm? Now I know, it was blood he was splitting. Hope he's OK.

justinandimcool
04-21-2009, 12:52 AM
Worst case scenario KT and Fabby will have to step up big time if this is serious. Praying it's not. I'm confident he'll definitely be back Thursday. But god dammit, with our luck this season...

Spurtacus
04-21-2009, 01:26 AM
Jason Terry probably snuck in some cheap elbow shots.

Seriously though I hope he's alright. He's been an offensive force for us off the bench. We need that with Ginobili out.

Kori Ellis
04-21-2009, 02:09 AM
Well he said it wasn't from his mouth/lip or anything, that it was internal. So, hopefully tomorrow when they check him, it shows nothing worrisome.

Spursfan092120
04-21-2009, 02:25 AM
Well he said it wasn't from his mouth/lip or anything, that it was internal. So, hopefully tomorrow when they check him, it shows nothing worrisome.
::crossing fingers::

Obstructed_View
04-21-2009, 02:32 AM

That nickname for Vujacic wasn't intended to be a compliment. Early in his career he fired the ball at the basket indiscriminantly whenever he got the ball.

Hope Gooden is all right.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
04-21-2009, 03:07 AM
That nickname for Vujacic wasn't intended to be a compliment. Early in his career he fired the ball at the basket indiscriminantly whenever he got the ball.

Hope Gooden is all right.

Yes hopefully it's nothing.

And Sasha's nickname is something he gave himself. That's how much of a douchebag he is.

Obstructed_View
04-21-2009, 03:30 AM
And Sasha's nickname is something he gave himself. That's how much of a douchebag he is.

No, Joel Myers and Stu Lantz gave it to him because he was such a chucker. The fact that Sasha picked it up and ran with it because he never got the joke just makes it funnier.

mavs>spurs2
04-21-2009, 03:35 AM
Hope he's alright

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
04-21-2009, 06:15 AM
No, Joel Myers and Stu Lantz gave it to him because he was such a chucker. The fact that Sasha picked it up and ran with it because he never got the joke just makes it funnier.

:lol okay...I've heard two versions that Sasha came up with it, and told teammates that was his "alias" or whatever..or that the LA announcers gave it to him. I haven't heard that side to the story.
Makes sense.

Sasha impressed with himself " ...they call me the machine.."

polandprzem
04-21-2009, 06:48 AM
Bruised kidney.

Bad nickname

benefactor
04-21-2009, 06:51 AM
Hopefully he is OK. It would be a disaster if we lost him.

Coach Norman Dale
04-21-2009, 07:11 AM
Patch him up!

PATCH HIM UP!!!!!

SA210
04-21-2009, 07:20 AM
Mavs defense.

:lmao

Taco
04-21-2009, 08:09 AM
What's Gooden's nickname anyone?
:

How about The Black Hole, once he get's the ball it doesn't come out :lol

Hey as long as he's hitting I'm Happy:downspin:

Agloco
04-21-2009, 08:25 AM

Nah....J Ho had his back turned. Gooden just landed on him then slid off and to the floor.

boutons_deux
04-21-2009, 08:41 AM
How does a blood in a kidney get to the mouth? :lol

An injured kidney could produce blood in the urine.

hater
04-21-2009, 08:52 AM
LMAO at ppl still thinkin it's his kidney.

spurs_50_21
04-21-2009, 11:12 AM
http://www.health.am/encyclopedia/more/bruised_kidney/

Bruised kidney

• B (http://www.health.am/encyclopedia/cat/C219/) • Jan 16 05

Alternative names
Kidney damage; Toxic injury of the kidney; Kidney injury; Traumatic injury of the kidney; Fractured kidney; Inflammatory injury of the kidney; Ureteral injury
Definition
An upper urinary tract injury is one sustained by the kidneys and ureters.

Causes, incidence, and risk factors
The kidneys are located in the flank (back of the upper abdomen at either side of the spinal column). They are deep within the abdomen and are protected by the spine, lower rib cage, and the strong muscles of the back.
This location protects the kidneys from many external forces. They are well-padded for a reason—kidneys are highly vascular organs, which means that they have a large blood supply. If injury occurs, severe bleeding may result.
Kidneys may be injured by damage to the blood vessels that supply or drain them. This may be in the form of Aneurysm (http://www.health.am/vein/more/arterial_aneurysms/), arteriovenous fistula, arterial blockage, or renal vein thrombosis.
The extent of bleeding depends on the location and the degree of injury. Kidneys may also bleed profusely if they are damaged centrally (on the inside)—this is a life-threatening injury. Fortunately, most kidney injuries caused by blunt trauma occur periperally, only causing bruising of the kidney (usually a self-limiting process).
People with undiagnosed kidney conditions—such as anigomyolipoma (benign tumor), ureteropelvic junction obstruction (congential or acquired UPJ Obstruction), and other disorders—are more susceptible to kidney injuries and more likely to have serious complications if they occur.
Other causes of kidney injury and bleeding are medical procedures. Kidney biopsies, nephrostomy tube placements, or other surgeries can cause an abnormal connection between an artery and vein (arteriovenous fistula). This is usually a self-limiting problem, but close observation is usually needed.
Injury to the kidney can also disrupt the urinary tract, causing leakage of the urine from the kidney.
Each kidney filters about 1700 liters of blood per day and concentrates fluid and waste products into about 1 liter of urine per day. Because of this, the kidneys receive more exposure to toxic substances in the body than almost any other organ. Therefore, they are highly susceptible to injury from toxic substances.
Analgesic nephropathy is one of the most common types of toxic damage to the kidney. Exposure to lead, cleaning products, solvents, fuels, or other nephrotoxic chemicals (those which can be toxic to the kidney) can damage kidneys.
Excessive buildup of body waste products, such as uric acid (that can occur with gout (http://www.health.am/diseases/more/gout/) or with treatment of bone marrow, lymph node, or other disorders) can also damage the kidneys.
Inflammation (irritation with swelling and presence of extra immune cells) caused by immune responses to medications, infection, or other disorders may also injure the structures of the kidney, usually causing various types of glomerulonephritis or acute tubular necrosis (tissue death).
Injury to the kidney may result in short-term damage with minimal or no symptoms. Alternately, it can be life-threatening because of bleeding and associated shock, or it may result in acute renal failure or chronic renal failure.
Ureteral injuries (injuries to the tubes which carry urine from the kidneys to the bladder) can also be caused by trauma (blunt or penetrating), medical procedures, and other disease processes in the retroperitoneum. The traumatic injuries should be explored, if the patient is undergoing laporatomy for another indicated intra-abdominal injury, and the index of suspicion is high.
Medical therapies (such as OB/GYN surgeries, prior radiation or chemotherapy (http://www.health.am/encyclopedia/more/chemotherapy/), and previous abdominopelvic surgeries) are risk factors for ureteral injuries. In other cases, extraperitoneal disease processes (such as retroperitoneal fibrosis (RPF), retroperitoneal sarcomas, or metatstatic lymph node positive cancers) can interfere with normal ureteric processes and cause obstruction hydroureteronephrosis (swelling of ureter and kidney from urinary backflow).
Symptoms

Acute or emergency symptoms:

Blood in the urine
Flank pain, severe
Abdominal pain
Back pain
Nausea, vomiting
Abdominal swelling
Fever (sometimes)
Decreased alertness
o Drowsiness, lethargy
o Coma
Increased heart rate
Pale skin
Sweating
Skin cool to touch
Decreased urine output
Inability to urinate

Chronic symptoms:

Irritability
Weight loss
Constipation (with toxic injury, lead poisoning)

Signs and tests

A history of physical injury, exposure to potentially toxic substances, or recent infections or illness may indicate the source of injury to the kidney. If there is loss of blood, examination by touch (palpation) may reveal extreme tenderness over the kidney.

There may be signs of hemorrhage and shock, including rapid heart rate and falling blood pressure. Toxic injury or injury from inflammation may cause acute or chronic renal failure.

A urinalysis may show blood. It may show sediment or crystals that indicate inflammation or toxic accumulations of uric acid or other substances. Part of the urinalysis is an RBC urine test. This may indicate increased red blood cells due to renal tumors, trauma, stones, or necrosis.
A CBC may indicate bleeding, infection, or inflammation. Other blood tests may reveal toxic levels of suspected substances.
Electrolyte analysis of the blood may demonstrate increased potassium, urea, or creatinine.
Kidney x-ray, abdominal CT scan, or abdominal MRI scan may show damage to the kidney.
A renal scan may indicate problems with kidney blood flow.
An angiography of the artery or vein may show occlusion of blood flow to or from the kidney.
An IVP (intravenous pyelogram) may reveal functioning of the kidney. The IVP may be repeated after treatment of kidney injury to assess functioning of the traumatically injured kidney.

Treatment

Treatment goals include treatment of emergency symptoms and prevention or treatment of complications. Most cases of external trauma result in mild bruises that heal spontaneously.
Analgesics may be needed for pain relief. Hospitalization and close observation may be required because of the risk of internal loss of blood from a traumatically injured kidney.
Approximately 20% of cases of external damage require emergency surgery because of bleeding problems. Bleeding may be severe enough to require surgical removal of the entire kidney (nephrectomy) to control the bleeding. Surgical interventions to control bleeding may include drainage of the space around the kidney. Sometimes angio-embolization is utilized to stop the bleeding.
Surgical repair of a “fractured” or torn kidney, torn blood vessels, torn ureter, or similar injury may spare the kidney from removal. The timing of the surgical exploration depends on the location, the extent of injury, and the overall clinical situation.
For example, if an isolated ureteral injury is discoved a week later, a clinician may divert the urine with the nephrostomy tube, let the inflammation settle down, and elect to operate at a later date for the definitive treatment.
The kidney may return to normal function, or it may experience acute or chronic failure. If only one kidney is affected, there may be no symptoms from the failed kidney, because the second (healthy) kidney functions normally and is adequate for normal health.
Surgical removal or repair of clots or other obstructions may correct injury caused by damage to blood vessels or the ureter.
Nonsurgical treatment of external damage to the kidney may include bedrest for 1 to 2 weeks or until bleeding is reduced, narcotics for pain relief, and close observation and treatment for symptoms of kidney failure.
Exposure to substances, including medications that are suspected of causing injury to the kidney, should be stopped. This may require stopping or changing medications, or it may require a change in occupational or recreational habits. Many cases of toxic injury will reverse when exposure to the substance is stopped.
Some nephrotoxic substances have specific treatments to counteract them. For example, lead poisoning may be treated with chelation therapy, which involves the use of penicillamine, a medication that binds with the lead and allows it to be excreted from the body. Gout (http://www.health.am/diseases/more/gout/) and other causes of uric acid accumulation may be treated with allopurinol or similar medications.
Injury caused by infection or inflammation should be treated as appropriate for the specific type of glomerulonephritis or acute tubular necrosis that develops. Treatment may include medications, such as corticosteroids, immunosuppressants, and others.
Treatment may also include dietary restrictions and treatment of acute kidney failure.
Expectations (prognosis)
The outcome varies depending on the cause and extent of injury. The damage may be mild and reversible, it may be immediately life-threatening, or it may be prolonged and result in complications.

Dr. Gonzo
04-21-2009, 11:27 AM
Big Drizzle.:toast

Seriously? A drizzle isn't really anything that anyone fears. Unless you are driving down 281 when it starts drizzling. Fuckers can't drive for shit in this city when it drizzles.

Flux451
04-21-2009, 11:41 AM
Drew "Grappler" Gooden

Jimcs50
04-21-2009, 11:58 AM
Probably a flossing problem.....good oral hygiene is very important, you know.

easy7
04-21-2009, 12:36 PM
He will be fine, all he has to do is wear Manu's boot for two days and he will be as good as new.

Fabbs
04-21-2009, 12:41 PM
When will we get a factual update on Goodens injury?

Obstructed_View
04-21-2009, 03:34 PM
Black Hole is funny; dude doesn't pass the ball back.

EricB
04-21-2009, 03:40 PM
He makes dominique Wilkins look like a pass first point guard.

Manufan909
04-21-2009, 03:43 PM
Seriously? A drizzle isn't really anything that anyone fears. Unless you are driving down 281 when it starts drizzling. Fuckers can't drive for shit in this city when it drizzles.

You can't deny it has a nice ring to it, and it beats some of Shaqs nicknames(Big Deisel, Big Cactus), but not Big Cactus.:downspin:

And when Drew is shooting better than everyone not named Tim, Tony, or Finley(he takes shots away from none of them being in the 2nd unit, and I don't count people who haven't taken 10+ shots, like Fab who is 1-1, or Bowen who is 3-3) at 50%, I'll call him a scorer. You get nothing out of blackholes, but he is putting points on the board, and he is generating more foul shots per minute than everyone but Tony, so I'll stick to ballhog at worse. He has cajones, and this team desperately needs players with those on O, they already have an excess of jump shooters and 3-lovers.

I hope he gets 25+ minutes next game, and half of those alongside Tim, tearing up the Mavs interior D with the greatest PF ever.

MaNu4Tres
04-21-2009, 03:45 PM
He makes dominique Wilkins look like a pass first point guard.

Amazing how a " black hole" still shoots 50 percent from the field.

HarlemHeat37
04-21-2009, 05:54 PM
he hasn't been a black hole in the playoffs..he's actually passing much more than he did in the regular season..he's been giving Parker and Mason the ball a lot more up top and giving them screens..he wasn't doing that often during the reg. season..

this Gooden has been different..he's playing better D, he's hustling everywhere..he knows how to play in the playoffs..

MaNu4Tres
04-21-2009, 06:00 PM
he hasn't been a black hole in the playoffs..he's actually passing much more than he did in the regular season..he's been giving Parker and Mason the ball a lot more up top and giving them screens..he wasn't doing that often during the reg. season..

this Gooden has been different..he's playing better D, he's hustling everywhere..he knows how to play in the playoffs..

agreed 100 percent

Obstructed_View
04-21-2009, 06:09 PM
Amazing how a " black hole" still shoots 50 percent from the field.

That he shoots well has little to do with his passing. I'd submit that his shooting percentage might go up if he'd let someone set up an assist for him on occasion, even though he manages to get himself into position pretty well and is a really good scorer. I'm not down on him at all, but when Gooden gets the ball, odds are pretty damn good that the next thing that happens will be Gooden taking a shot.

Buddy Holly
04-21-2009, 06:24 PM
Is TPark still bitching about Gooden. Damn man, did he eat your last hoaggie?

Spursfan092120
04-21-2009, 06:25 PM
Mike Taylor said he talked to someone with the Spurs and they said Gooden was fine..said he didn't even need to come in for therapy today. Said it was just a real hard fall.

duncan228
04-21-2009, 06:35 PM
Mike Taylor said he talked to someone with the Spurs and they said Gooden was fine..said he didn't even need to come in for therapy today. Said it was just a real hard fall.

Thanks. Appreciate the local update. There's been nothing released and I figured no news was good news but it's nice to hear something.

Spursfan092120
04-21-2009, 06:38 PM
Thanks. Appreciate the local update. There's been nothing released and I figured no news was good news but it's nice to hear something.
No prob...I switch off from 760 and 1250 every day..mainly 1250..but they were talking to Kim Fischer for a long time today, so I put it on 760 to hear more sports...they were talking about Gooden for about 10 minutes...

YoMamaIsCallin
04-21-2009, 06:40 PM

No, I don't think it was dirty, it was just basketball. I watched the replay a couple of times.

crc21209
04-21-2009, 06:40 PM
No prob...I switch off from 760 and 1250 every day..mainly 1250..but they were talking to Kim Fischer for a long time today, so I put it on 760 to hear more sports...they were talking about Gooden for about 10 minutes...

Yeah I just saw the same thing on News 4 with Don Harris at 6 o'clock. He said team officials said Drew didnt even have to come in to see the doctor's today and is a go for Game 3.

Spursfan092120
04-21-2009, 06:41 PM
No, I don't think it was dirty, it was just basketball. I watched the replay a couple of times.
Nah..wasn't dirty. I was at the game and it was a pivotal moment..momentum was going back and forth and that rebound would have been big for either team. Gooden just hustled more..he's been doing that for us all year when he's in the game...will be a major part of this team in the playoffs, and in the future, if the Spurs are smart enough to lock him in, which I think they are.

Spursfan092120
04-21-2009, 06:42 PM
Yeah I just saw the same thing on News 4 with Don Harris at 6 o'clock. He said team officials said Drew didnt even have to come in to see the doctor's today and is a go for Game 3.
yup yup. :tu definitely good to hear.

Obstructed_View
04-21-2009, 06:43 PM
Nah..wasn't dirty. I was at the game and it was a pivotal moment..momentum was going back and forth and that rebound would have been big for either team. Gooden just hustled more..he's been doing that for us all year when he's in the game...will be a major part of this team in the playoffs, and in the future, if the Spurs are smart enough to lock him in, which I think they are.

Yeah, you can't blame Josh for ducking out of the way with Gooden coming at him full-speed.

Spursfan092120
04-21-2009, 06:44 PM
Yeah, you can't blame Josh for ducking out of the way with Gooden coming at him full-speed.
Yeah...exactly.

crc21209
04-21-2009, 06:47 PM
Drew going up for that rebound last night was truly a "Spur" type of moment for him. He was hustling, rebounding, scoring, everything. :tu. This guy must be kept after the season.

Spursmania
04-21-2009, 06:52 PM
Drew going up for that rebound last night was truly a "Spur" type of moment for him. He was hustling, rebounding, scoring, everything. :tu. This guy must be kept after the season.

That moment made me proud to see him in a Spurs uniform. I mean he was hustling.

The_Worlds_finest
04-21-2009, 10:04 PM
Any word on his health?

duncan228
04-21-2009, 10:05 PM
Any word on his health?

He's okay.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123738

Manufan909
04-22-2009, 12:51 AM

What all did they say?

Spursfan092120
04-22-2009, 02:43 AM
What all did they say?
That he didn't even come in for treatment today..he felt fine, and will be good to go on Thursday.

MrChug
04-22-2009, 04:29 AM

He hit three 3 pointers and he's a fucking hero now..
:rolleyes
Goddamn miracle he didn't turn the ball over.

What kinda fkn post was that? Are you drunk?

raspsa
04-22-2009, 04:35 AM
That moment made me proud to see him in a Spurs uniform. I mean he was hustling.

That play reminded me of the energy and passion that manu brings to the Spurs. Gooden willingly sacrificing his body for the team and then getting up as if nothing had happened, spits up blood but reenters the game later on.. he definitely is contributing to the team.:toast

spursfan09
04-22-2009, 05:48 AM
:tu to Gooden

He's providing alot of energy and low post scoring. I would hope to keep him after this year.

Texas_Ranger
04-22-2009, 07:12 AM
Yea! I'm so happy that notning's wrong with him.