PDA

View Full Version : Finger: Spurs' Bonner Finally Finds An Opening

duncan228
04-21-2009, 12:36 AM
Spurs' Bonner finally finds an opening (http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/spurs/Spurs_Bonner_finally_finds_an_opening.html)
Mike Finger

Note: This story has been edited since it was first posted.

Out of sync and mostly uninvolved during the opener of the Spurs' playoff series against Dallas, Matt Bonner's timing for Game 2 didn't look much better.

When he arrived at the AT&T Center on Monday night, his pregame routine was already blown. Thanks to the late tipoff time, Bonner's unusually quick evening commute gave him far more time to kill at the arena than he was accustomed to.

The culprit?

“No traffic,” Bonner said.

Turns out, Bonner was much more prepared for open jumpers than he was for open roads. When he finally got an obstructed view of the basket — perhaps his first such look of the series with the ball in his hands — he at long last showed why Gregg Popovich hasn't ejected him from the starting lineup yet.

Bonner's two second-quarter 3-pointers helped the Spurs build a huge early lead, and he finished with 11 points and seven rebounds in a 105-84 victory over the Mavericks.

In Game 1 on Saturday, Bonner struggled on both ends of the floor, racking up four quick fouls against Dirk Nowitzki, failing to get a single 3-point attempt and missing the only shot he took.

On Monday, the early part of the game looked like more of the same. But when the Mavericks backed into a zone defense midway through the second quarter, Bonner — who ranked eighth in the NBA with his .440 3-point percentage in the regular season — was ready.

With just under eight minutes left in the first half, Roger Mason Jr. drove under the basket, had his path blocked by two defenders and then fired a pass out to Bonner on the right wing. Bonner hesitated for a split-second, then cocked his wrist behind his ear and swished his first 3-pointer of the series.

“It felt good just to get an open look,” Bonner said. “It didn't really happen last game.”

Three possessions later, Tony Parker set up for a jumper near the free-throw line, but when it appeared Mavs forward Brandon Bass might be able to block the shot, he dumped the ball back to Bonner on the perimeter. Bonner then threw in another 3-pointer — his second of three in the game — to put the Spurs ahead by 18.

Spurs coach Gregg Popovich, who said he didn't consider pulling Bonner from the starting lineup despite his lack of production in Game 1, suggested it was no coincidence that the Spurs had a breakout offensive game on the same night Bonner started hitting outside shots.

“He spreads the court pretty well for us,” Popovich said. “That's the important part of what he does.”

Bonner said the Spurs spent much of Sunday studying game film and trying to find spots where he might have opportunities to get good shots. He said that studying paid off in Game 2, but as Popovich pointed out, Bonner doesn't need much help to get his chances.

“Matt's a hustle-type guy,” Popovich said. “He'll do his best to get open.”

Mugen
04-21-2009, 12:40 AM
observe and report must have been a damn good movie.

peskypesky
04-21-2009, 12:40 AM
is it a vagina?

z0sa
04-21-2009, 12:42 AM
Bonner did simply superb. He shut the haters' mouths closed for a couple days, thanks Matt :tu

peskypesky
04-21-2009, 12:43 AM
Bonner did simply superb. He shut the haters' mouths closed for a couple days, thanks Matt :tu

we all know you're one of his relatives.

or his agent.

Spursmania
04-21-2009, 12:46 AM
Glad we don't have to call Bonner out tonight. Props to the Rocket for playing one good game. Let's pray he can sustain it because we need him to play like tonight not like Game 1.

Obstructed_View
04-21-2009, 12:56 AM

Give his taint an extra kiss from O_V while you're down there.

onarollbaby
04-21-2009, 01:03 AM
Spurs' Bonner finally finds an opening (http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/spurs/Spurs_Bonner_finally_finds_an_opening.html)
Mike Finger

“Matt's a hustle-type guy,” Popovich said. “He'll do his best to get open.”

The proper description should be " He''ll do his best to open the lane, for guys like Dirk"

Obstructed_View
04-21-2009, 01:10 AM
Of all the things to write about tonight, he picks Bonners quasi-average night.

The guy's a starter for the first time in the playoffs, and he had a turnaround game that ended a streak of several bad games. Seems noteworthy to me.

Borosai
04-21-2009, 01:28 AM
"Finger" and "Finds An Opening" in the same title are concerning.

onarollbaby
04-21-2009, 01:34 AM
"Finger" and "Finds An Opening" in the same title are concerning.

:eyebrows

Obstructed_View
04-21-2009, 01:39 AM
Bonner finally finds an opening, and z0sa's mouth is attached to it.

z0sa
04-21-2009, 01:43 AM
Give his taint an extra kiss from O_V while you're down there.

lol, bonner owned you tonight

z0sa
04-21-2009, 01:45 AM
Bonner finally finds an opening, and z0sa's mouth is attached to it.

is your name obstructed_view because your head is up your ass, or because you are a closed minded little shit?

Obstructed_View
04-21-2009, 01:49 AM
lol, bonner owned you tonight

Bonner played great tonight. All I said after game one was that his performance sucked. What set you off was my defending his "flop" against Dampier by saying it was way down on the list of things he did wrong, and your simple little mind thought I actually made a list of things he did wrong. It wasn't until your last rambling post in the Bonner Hate thread that I realized that you were the one who I blamed for Bonner's performance after game one because your mouth was on his nut-sack for the whole game. :lmao

EricB
04-21-2009, 01:51 AM
Bonner was good, it was nice to see the threes drop and hopefully he can do it up in Dallas, he did it up there in December and I know he has it in him.

Its a shame he didn't make 2 of those bunnies.

Could've outscored dirk...

z0sa
04-21-2009, 01:53 AM
Bonner played great tonight. All I said after game one was that his performance sucked.

you said he cost us the game :donkey

What set you off was my defending his "flop" against Dampier by saying it was way down on the list of things he did wrong, and your simple little mind thought I actually made a list of things he did wrong.

No, I implied you were a douche for even entertaining the concept, even as a joke, because every role player has flaws and shouldn't be judged because they of something they simply can't do - play absolutely perfect every game (something he basically did tonight).

It wasn't until your last rambling post in the Bonner Hate thread that I realized that you were the one who I blamed for Bonner's performance after game one because your mouth was on his nut-sack for the whole game. :lmao

is that three gay jokes in a row, homophobic much?

I will support Bonner through his hard times and good, just like my spurs, the douches like yourself will call me stupid for doing so :blah Bonner made you look stupid tonight, so what? You'll be throwing his next mediocre performance in my face soon, i'm not worried.

Obstructed_View
04-21-2009, 02:21 AM
you said he cost us the game :donkey
No I didn't. Learn to read.

No, I implied you were a douche for even entertaining the concept, even as a joke, because every role player has flaws and shouldn't be judged because they of something they simply can't do - play absolutely perfect every game (something he basically did tonight).
It wasn't a joke, it was a metaphor that you got hung up on and completely missed the point I made. Nobody else missed it.

is that three gay jokes in a row, homophobic much?
Again, metaphor. Please look it up.

I will support Bonner through his hard times and good, just like my spurs, the douches like yourself will call me stupid for doing so :blah Bonner made you look stupid tonight, so what?
Actually, I mentioned in passing that defending a poor performance is equally as stupid as trying to tear down a good performance. You have gone out of your way making enormous effort to call anyone that dares say anything about his stinky game 1 performance a "hater", including people like me and LJ.

I assure you that the only person on this message board that doesn't realize how stupid you are is you.

You'll be throwing his next mediocre performance in my face soon, i'm not worried.
I guarantee you I won't be hoping for a bad performance from Bonner, nor will I be throwing bad performances by individual players in anyone's face, because I have no ulterior motive or personal reason to take up for one player or another, and if you bothered to read my posts or had the ability to comprehend what I type you'd know that and would stop wasting your time. The name on the front of the jersey is the most important thing to me, and as long as they're giving effort and helping the team win I'm happy. And I'm confident that there's not a single piece of evidence in my 18000 posts on this message board that would contradict that.

Obstructed_View
04-21-2009, 02:23 AM
Bonner was good, it was nice to see the threes drop and hopefully he can do it up in Dallas, he did it up there in December and I know he has it in him.

Its a shame he didn't make 2 of those bunnies.

Could've outscored dirk...

There's still hope. I'm praying he does it for the closeout game.

z0sa
04-21-2009, 02:43 AM
No I didn't. Learn to read.

I can quote your actual post if you'd like to go that far.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123600&page=2

He got chances in game one, and unfortunately it cost the Spurs the game.

I wasn't just responding to you as well, but don't get hung up on facts.

Another post, another :donkey moment. Damn you're on a roll. First you deny you questioned Bonner's role (something timvp/coach pop/smart people never did) then you say he cost us the game and deny that too. Just like you're denying you're an idiot.

It wasn't a joke, it was a metaphor that you got hung up on and completely missed the point I made. Nobody else missed it.

Who said it was a joke? "learn to read" - you. Nobody else was going to defend Bonner, did you expect anyone but me and Pop to give him another chance without question? You don't see the forest for its trees, which judging by how many times you've called me stupid, is a problem that's been pointed out to you time and time again to no avail - you can't be reached and have even gone to lying like above.

Again, metaphor. Please look it up.

you're such an arrogant jackass, i will make double sure to point out the next glaringly stupid take i see of yours. I've seen plenty, always thought you were a cool guy. Was totally wrong, you're a complete backpedaling puss.

Actually, I mentioned in passing that defending a poor performance is equally as stupid as trying to tear down a good performance. You have gone out of your way making enormous effort to call anyone that dares say anything about his stinky game 1 performance a "hater", including people like me and LJ.

Oh of course you're the poor victim here, not the single person defending Bonner and getting called stupid by you and others. self centered much?

timvp critiqued bonner in his gamethoughts, but didn't act like he couldn't bounce back. Again, this falls back on you calling me stupid for defending his role on the team and his ability to help this team, not on me calling you or anyone else out.

I mean, you really do not understand that I conceded very openly, that Bonner had a terrible game? :bang

Take a look, its the very first reply in Timvp's reactions thread:

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123357

as much as i love him, bonner looked like he didn't belong out there, at any point. It's saddening but the matchup with Dirk just makes him look extremely bad.

Pop gameplanned better, Bonner got a little better help and made some adjustments himself on D. Results.

You started the argument and made the original stupid reply of "listing" role player flaws like it was a necessary comment to be made. I defended bonner from you, deal with it big guy or is that too much for you without calling me a homosexual/stupid?

LOL, only a retard thinks he can spout his mouth off as fact (that Bonner sucks/has done shit tons of things wrong in recent memory ie the "list goes on" comment) and not expect some form of rebuttal.

I assure you that the only person on this message board that doesn't realize how stupid you are is you.

that's a compliment coming from you and the other idiots who agree that bonner lost the game for the spurs.

Obstructed_View
04-21-2009, 03:20 AM
I can quote your actual post if you'd like to go that far.

Nice try, but THIS is the actual quote from the initial reaction thread:

When a starter doesn't play any defense, gets one rebound, doesn't block shots, gets one shot attempt IN THE WHOLE GAME, doesn't draw fouls, doesn't go to the line, and plays five minutes in the fourth quarter where a four point deficit turns into a ten point deficit, only a 100 percent dumbass wouldn't think that is a considerable part of an 8 point loss.

Who said it was a joke? "learn to read" - you.

So to continue, it wasn't a "concept", it was a metaphor, meaning on the fictitious list of criticisms one might have had of Matt Bonner's performance after Game 1 (hence its location in the "initial reactions" thread), whether or not he flopped was far down on the list, and was a suggestion that no more time should be wasted on it. You, with a big head of steam in your little pea brain, decided that was the perfect time to pick up the ball and run your little stupid ass off. Way to go.

Nobody else was going to defend Bonner, did you expect anyone but me and Pop to give him another chance without question? You don't see the forest for its trees, which judging by how many times you've called me stupid, is a problem that's been pointed out to you time and time again to no avail - you can't be reached and have even gone to lying like above.

:lmao Oh my God dude this is getting sad. You're bordering on delusional. Good for Matt Bonner that you were there to council Pop.

you're such an arrogant jackass, i will make double sure to point out the next glaringly stupid take i see of yours. I've seen plenty, always thought you were a cool guy. Was totally wrong, you're a complete backpedaling puss.
Knock yourself out, bitch. I don't go searching out people to try to take apart their opinions, but your individual insanity popped up on its own in two separate places, all centered around your irrational love for Matt Bonner, and I didn't even realize until later that it all came from you.

Oh of course you're the poor victim here, not the single person defending Bonner and getting called stupid by you and others. self centered much?
Uh, victim would imply that your attacks carry any weight or inflict any damage. Good luck with that, internets warrior. :lol

timvp critiqued bonner in his gamethoughts, but didn't act like he couldn't bounce back. Again, this falls back on you calling me stupid for defending his role on the team and his ability to help this team, not on me calling you or anyone else out. You started the argument and made the original stupid reply of "listing" role player flaws like it was a necessary comment to be made. I defended bonner from you, deal with it big guy or is that too much for you without calling me a homosexual/stupid? LOL, only a retard thinks he can spout his mouth off as fact (that Bonner sucks and has done shit tons of things wrong in recent memory ie the "list goes on" comment) and not expect some form of rebuttal.

Here's my orignal quote:

Damp's also a terrible free throw shooter. If nothing else, keep your feet under you and just foul him if he gets any better position. You can't really defend a dunk from your ass. Bonner was a fool for thinking he was going to get a call like that. Again, item 137 on the list of Matt Bonner criticisms.

I explained it above. Your failure to interpret it properly is your problem. Again, everyone else seemed to understand the comment just fine, and not mistakenly think that there was an actual list being kept of criticisms of Matt Bonner.

I also found this little gem from you. Low expecations much?

Besides, your asking for Bonner to block shots? Defend dirk well? Tim Duncan can't defend Dirk. Bruce Bowen can't defend Dirk. I mean, the fact Finley is -20 after nailing those 3's in the end should tell you something about the root of the problem.

I'm not the least bit surprised that Bonner played well tonight, but it sounds like you are.

Looks like you're the one that Bonner owned with his performance tonight. :lmao:lmao:lmao

z0sa
04-21-2009, 03:24 AM
lol, you don't go searching out people? that's why you called me a faggot twice before I could even really respond in this thread.

:td :bang

I mean, your entire argument against me has so many fallacies its unreal. In the very last quote above this, you can tell where I was going with it (defending Matt Bonner) - only the stupidest person would take it out of context and act like I was dissing him.

You made the post saying he cost us the game, then you deny deny deny. It's really sad bro, that you think you can explain away your initial post and act like you were implying it didn't matter, or wasn't in a long line of supposed Bonner fuckups.

Obstructed_View
04-21-2009, 03:41 AM
lol, you don't go searching out people? that's why you called me a faggot twice before I could even really respond in this thread.

You: Post number 4

Me: Post number 7

7 is after 4.

Never used the word faggot, don't use it, discourage people from using it. If you get excited at the idea of literally sucking on Matt Bonner's nuts, it's your issue not mine.

Seriously, either your reading comprehension is poor, you're really drunk, or you're just so angry that you're beyond rational thought, and this isn't fun for me anymore. I've more than pointed out your bias, and you just aren't absorbing any of it, so that leaves us at an impasse. Not sure how to start over, so I'm probably just going to stop responding to you now. Have a good night.

Go Spurs Go (even Matt Bonner, who I like)

Borosai
04-21-2009, 03:45 AM
Before this series is over, Bonner will dunk on someone. Probably small. With very hairy feet. But it will be spectacular.

z0sa
04-21-2009, 03:57 AM
You: Post number 4

Me: Post number 7

7 is after 4.

Never used the word faggot, don't use it, discourage people from using it. If you get excited at the idea of literally sucking on Matt Bonner's nuts, it's your issue not mine.

you called me gay like it was a bad thing, homophobe. Just because you consider it an insult, don't back down now when you get called out for being what you are. Additionally, no one would maliciously label me as a Bonner lover just from my reply in this thread - so you're playing stupid. I'm actually beginning to wonder if you're playing at all.

Seriously, either your reading comprehension is poor, you're really drunk, or you're just so angry that you're beyond rational thought, and this isn't fun for me anymore. I've more than pointed out your bias, and you just aren't absorbing any of it, so that leaves us at an impasse. Not sure how to start over, so I'm probably just going to stop responding to you now. Have a good night.

Me: matt Bonner had a bad game.

You: matt bonner constantly fucks stuff up, this is just one of many. He is a big part of the reason we lost.
Me: he doesnt really, and he will bounce back. you can't judge a roleplayer by his first real playoff game or his flaws. He is not a big reason we lost.
You: He is a big reason we lost.
Me: *facts why he is not* (will reiterate if necessary)
You: that's weak, he's a big reason why we lost (no facts except popular opinion)

Spurs win

Me: Bonner kicked all your asses. I'm glad I defended him.
Fan: Don't act like you defended him during game 1.
Me: I did in timvp's game thread and other places.
You: only an idiot would brag about defending a player after that performance. I however will now give him props after like I never said he doesn't constantly fuck shit up. Additionally, I never said Matt Bonner cost us the game.

different thread

Me: Matt Bonner had a great game, he shut the haters up.
You: you suck on bonner's balls but somehow i'm not calling you gay like its a bad thing
You: you suck on bonner's penis but i'm not calling you gay like its a bad thing
You: you called me out even though I made the original reply and furhtered it by posting blatantly later, Bonner lost the game for us. By defending him from these opinionated comments you are stupid and every poster knows it.

^^ summary of what happened ... how am I in the wrong again?

NewJerSpur
04-21-2009, 04:02 AM
Props to Bonner. He made some big shots, got some key rebounds off his misses, and didn't give up on himself and the game like in game 1. Hopefully he brings this newfound confidence on the road.

benefactor
04-21-2009, 05:36 AM
you called me gay like it was a bad thing, homophobe. Just because you consider it an insult, don't back down now when you get called out for being what you are. Additionally, no one would maliciously label me as a Bonner lover just from my reply in this thread - so you're playing stupid. I'm actually beginning to wonder if you're playing at all.

Me: matt Bonner had a bad game.

You: matt bonner constantly fucks stuff up, this is just one of many. He is a big part of the reason we lost.
Me: he doesnt really, and he will bounce back. you can't judge a roleplayer by his first real playoff game or his flaws. He is not a big reason we lost.
You: that's weak, he's a big reason why we lost (no facts except popular opinion)

Spurs win

Me: Bonner kicked all your asses. I'm glad I defended him.
Fan: Don't act like you defended him during game 1.
You: only an idiot would brag about defending a player after that performance. I however will now give him props after like I never said he doesn't constantly fuck shit up. Additionally, I never said Matt Bonner cost us the game.

different thread

You: you suck on bonner's balls but somehow i'm not calling you gay like its a bad thing
You: you suck on bonner's penis but i'm not calling you gay like its a bad thing
You: you called me out even though I made the original reply and furhtered it by posting blatantly later, Bonner lost the game for us. By defending him from these opinionated comments you are stupid and every poster knows it.

:lmao

Obstructed_View
04-21-2009, 03:24 PM

Me: matt Bonner had a bad game. Actually you said Matt Bonner had no impact on the outcome of the game, which is what I took issue with.

You: matt bonner constantly fucks stuff up, this is just one of many. He is a big part of the reason we lost. Actually I said you're stupid for suggesting that a starter who plays that badly in an 8 point loss has no impact on the outcome of the game, and I said that he's a big part of the reason the Spurs lost, just like I blamed Finley and Mason and Udoka in various other threads.
Me: he doesnt really, and he will bounce back. you can't judge a roleplayer by his first real playoff game or his flaws. He is not a big reason we lost.Actually, you said that anybody that expected him to contribute more than he did was foolish. There was no mention of his bouncing back.
At this point, you started talking about Kyle Korver and I should have just let you go on with your Matt Bonner suckfest

Spurs win

Me: Bonner kicked all your asses. I'm glad I defended him.Actually, you said that nobody should expect Bonner to contribute, you never said he was capable of playing better than he did. Since he's a "role player" you didn't think he deserved any blame.
Fan: Don't act like you defended him during game 1. Actually, I said that you were still stupid for defending his performance after game 1, especially since there are a hundred posts where everyone that isn't you talks about how much better Bonner played
You: only an idiot would brag about defending a player after that performance. I however will now give him props after like I never said he doesn't constantly fuck shit up. Additionally, I never said Matt Bonner cost us the game. Actualy I never said he constantly fucks shit up, that's something you read into the post I made defending Bonner during the "flop" discussion.

different thread

Dude, you're nothing but right. You are the rightest person ever. Matt Bonner stunk up the arena in game one, but he's still awesome and deserves none of the blame for the loss that any other starter would get. Matt Bonner is just a role playing starter who can't be expected to defend, block shots, or contain Dirk Nowitzki because even Tim Duncan and Bruce Bowen can't do that. Matt Bonner's not capable of contributing, but we all love him anyway.

z0sa
04-21-2009, 03:55 PM
Dude, you're nothing but right. You are the rightest person ever. Matt Bonner stunk up the arena in game one, but he's still awesome and deserves none of the blame for the loss that any other starter would get. Matt Bonner is just a role playing starter who can't be expected to defend, block shots, or contain Dirk Nowitzki because even Tim Duncan and Bruce Bowen can't do that. Matt Bonner's not capable of contributing, but we all love him anyway.

nothing like revisionist history. I loved the actually's you put after every post, when every single one of them is bullshit. I could go on with this silly game and prove it, but that'd require going back to timvp's gamethoughts and the bonner bandwagon closing thread - I'm busy looking forward to game 3. Hopefully Bonner can continue feeding crow to yourself and others.

All in all, judging only from these exchanges and your obvious fallacies, I surmise you are a :donkey of a fairly low order, though "certain" rather than surmise could probably pass off as true. The fact you can't keep your facts straight and lie about both your own postings and mine when you know I'm going to call you out proves that surely.

Additionally, nice job getting butthurt like any casual 14year old and going with the gay jokes/calling me stupid. real original and adult there son. what's next, a yo mama joke? what a closed minded fool.