PDA

View Full Version : What is up with the fans....?

jbspurs
04-21-2009, 12:52 AM
Spurs played their ass out to secure the game tonight, and fans left early? I know its a blowout, but pls. finish the game and give the whole team a standing ovation, this is not a regular season game... 4 mins remaining and majority left?

BUMP
04-21-2009, 12:53 AM
frontrunning Spur fans?

no way

DPG21920
It happens with every team and it is no bid deal. It was an extremely late game and people have work.

z0sa
Every spurfan just realized what losing Game 1 of the playoffs followed by blowing out the team means since 2005.

jbspurs
04-21-2009, 12:56 AM
It happens with every team and it is no bid deal. It was an extremely late game and people have work.

Regular season yeah... its playoffs !!

arodz
04-21-2009, 12:58 AM
It's been that way for the last few years. Spurs fans are bored with the first round. Add to that, the diversion of Fiesta and that's what happens. I'm not agreeing with it, but that's the reality. Most Spurs fans are like, "Let me know when it's the 2nd Round".....at least. Sad, but true.

braeden0613
04-21-2009, 01:01 AM
Go to any arena in the league and you will see the same thing. Not everyone is as die-hard as posters on ST, unfortunately.

DPG21920
04-21-2009, 01:02 AM
Mountain out of a molehill. All the Mav fans left in the third quarter.

Yuixafun
04-21-2009, 01:04 AM
I was downtown last night near Pat O'Briens, with my boy and two women, when 3 Canadian girls from Quebec came out of the Basement, speaking French. 2 slightly thick Twins and a thin taller girl.

We asked them how it was in there and they told us the dance floor was deserted. They were only in town for that night and all they were looking for was something fun to do...

I raised my eyes to the sky and said thank you.

jbspurs
04-21-2009, 01:07 AM
I live here in the Bayarea, CA. If the Spurs the local team here, then every game will be sold out, even occasional fans will be cheering and talking about this team. I guess they won't be tagged as a boring team, because they're not! The team is under appreciated!

Buddy Holly
04-21-2009, 01:08 AM
Oh jesus, another one of these threads. Look guy, if it bothers you so much, bye tickets and take a sleeping bag or tent and stay over night after the game if you want, if you're that hard up on people staying during 20 point blowouts.

jbspurs
04-21-2009, 01:09 AM
Go to any arena in the league and you will see the same thing. Not everyone is as die-hard as posters on ST, unfortunately.

ok... maybe most of them showed up tonight at the arena..

hater
04-21-2009, 01:10 AM
fuck those rich ass mofos so called fans.

EricB
04-21-2009, 01:10 AM
Uh, because people have work tommarow and it was freaking 11pm!?!?

Fuck....

jbspurs
04-21-2009, 01:11 AM
Oh jesus, another one of these threads. Look guy, if it bothers you so much, bye tickets and take a sleeping bag or tent and stay over night after the game if you want, if you're that hard up on people staying during 20 point blowouts.

exaggeration!!

Buddy Holly
04-21-2009, 01:11 AM
fuck those rich ass mofos so called fans.

So you're better than them because...

FYI, I doubt every person that leaves during a blowout because of shittastic traffic is "rich."

SA210
04-21-2009, 01:12 AM
Yea, I hate when people leave early. I've Never done that.

jbspurs
04-21-2009, 01:14 AM
So you're better than them because...

FYI, I doubt every person that leaves during a blowout because of shittastic traffic is "rich."

you were at the game huh?

Juanobili
04-21-2009, 01:15 AM
well the win was guaranteed and I'm sure they didn't really wanna see the benchwarmers finish the game

Obstructed_View
04-21-2009, 01:16 AM
I don't leave early, but it doesn't make me better than someone who does. The game was no longer in question. Some people enjoy the thrill of the competition and don't get any thrill out of garbage time, especially if it means an extra fifteen minutes sitting in traffic trying to get out of the arena.

I often wonder if the people who bitch about this are the same ones who always catch a ride with someone else when they go to a game.

Buddy Holly
04-21-2009, 01:17 AM
you were at the game huh?

Nope. I dislike when people leave early too. But not enough to let it bother me and start a thread bitching about it. If there choice to leave. They pay to go, they can leave whenever they want.

Buddy Holly
04-21-2009, 01:18 AM
I don't leave early, but it doesn't make me better than someone who does. The game was no longer in question. Some people enjoy the thrill of the competition and don't get any thrill out of garbage time, especially if it means an extra fifteen minutes sitting in traffic trying to get out of the arena.

I often wonder if the people who bitch about this are the same ones who always catch a ride with someone else when they go to a game.

http://reporter.blogs.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/05/19/bravo1_2.jpg

DPG21920
04-21-2009, 01:21 AM
I was at the game, stayed the entire time, but could care less if people leave in this situation.

HarlemHeat37
04-21-2009, 01:23 AM
I don't give a fuck if there aren't any people that show up to the arena, a W is a W..

jbspurs
04-21-2009, 01:24 AM
Nope. I dislike when people leave early too. But not enough to let it bother me and start a thread bitching about it. If there choice to leave. They pay to go, they can leave whenever they want...

And this thread bothers you...? We also have a choice to put up threads based on our opinion. If this bothers you.. like you said leave whenever you want. :toast

Spursfan092120
04-21-2009, 01:24 AM
I was at the game, stayed the entire time, but could care less if people leave in this situation.
I stayed too..but I agree...the people in San Antonio are insane drivers sometimes...it's better sometimes to leave early, just to make sure you get out of there safe.

Spur|n|Austin
04-21-2009, 01:34 AM
If you weren't there then don't talk shit. I think the atmosphere in there tonight was one of the factors that helped lead to a victory, it was deafening in there!

The fans were great and the guys were even better! GSG!

BillMc
04-21-2009, 01:38 AM
Yea, I hate when people leave early. I've Never done that.

I agree. I don't even leave early when we lose by blowouts...

tp2021
04-21-2009, 01:40 AM
I thought this thread would be about how the AT&T Center was actually loud.

Kori Ellis
04-21-2009, 01:41 AM
Lots of people leave Spurs games when it's a tie with 2 minutes to go too. It happens in all arenas though. When I lived in L.A., a game was going to OT in the playoffs and 1/3 of the bottom level emptied at the commercial break. :lol

It's just like the people at games who constantly tell others to "sit down" during playoff games. I find it so odd.

jbspurs
04-21-2009, 01:47 AM
Lots of people leave Spurs games when it's a tie with 2 minutes to go too. It happens in all arenas though. When I lived in L.A., a game was going to OT in the playoffs and 1/3 of the bottom level emptied at the commercial break. :lol

It's just like the people at games who constantly tell others to "sit down" during playoff games. I find it so odd.

LA they come in late and leave early.... Playoffs is different though, especially when its a blowout win for them, they stay 'till the end.

Juanobili
04-21-2009, 01:48 AM
People on their Blackberries during a game>>>>>>>>>leaving early

should I start a thread on that?

Spursfan092120
04-21-2009, 01:49 AM
I thought this thread would be about how the AT&T Center was actually loud.
loud as HELL tonight...beautiful.

jbspurs
04-21-2009, 01:54 AM
loud as HELL tonight...beautiful.

true! you all looked good on those white shirts!

Cry Havoc
04-21-2009, 01:56 AM
Sure it's only 11pm, but considering some people probably have to drive an hour+ (or even longer if the traffic is jammed), getting home at 12:30 and then still having to shower, maybe shave, etc. means a 1:30 bedtime or later. I can do that with no problems, but I'm a young guy. I wouldn't blame anyone for leaving early on a work night. It's not like people don't love the Spurs, they just have real lives, and this is a SPORTING EVENT. As in, a game.

Spursfan092120
04-21-2009, 01:57 AM
Me and my wife sported the hell out of ours. My wife was wearing a nice black Spurs dress, but put the shirt over it anyway. I looked like a freaking dork putting mine on over my Bruce Bowen jersey. Jersey went WAY below the shirt..lol...but damnit I'm a fan.

jbspurs
04-21-2009, 02:00 AM
Me and my wife sported the hell out of ours. My wife was wearing a nice black Spurs dress, but put the shirt over it anyway. I looked like a freaking dork putting mine on over my Bruce Bowen jersey. Jersey went WAY below the shirt..lol...but damnit I'm a fan.

true spurs fan!!:toast:toast

Obstructed_View
04-21-2009, 02:01 AM
One of the nice things about a good win like that is that you can listen to the end of the game in the car and enjoy the buzz on the way home. Garbage time doesn't really enhance that feeling one way or another, especially for fans that don't have the entire roster memorized.

Spursfan092120
04-21-2009, 02:03 AM
true spurs fan!!:toast:toast
I bleed silver and black. I know it's cliche, but it's true. I never miss a game...try to go to as many as I can...and scream until my voice is gone when I'm there...and sometimes just from watching it at home.

Spursfan092120
04-21-2009, 02:04 AM
One of the nice things about a good win like that is that you can listen to the end of the game in the car and enjoy the buzz on the way home. Garbage time doesn't really enhance that feeling one way or another, especially for fans that don't have the entire roster memorized.
:tu I agree.

jbspurs
04-21-2009, 02:15 AM
I bleed silver and black. I know it's cliche, but it's true. I never miss a game...try to go to as many as I can...and scream until my voice is gone when I'm there...and sometimes just from watching it at home.

Thats why im thankful of DVR, I don't have to rush coming home anymore, I got my wife programmed to make sure game is recorded so I don't miss any game. And when they visit here I will make sure not to schedule any appointments so I can go to the game and wear spurs jersey.

Spursfan092120
04-21-2009, 02:30 AM
Thats why im thankful of DVR, I don't have to rush coming home anymore, I got my wife programmed to make sure game is recorded so I don't miss any game. And when they visit here I will make sure not to schedule any appointments so I can go to the game and wear spurs jersey.
lol..I hear ya. It's hard to watch the game on the DVR though..because I want so bad to just come to spurstalk and see who won...lol

robino2001
04-21-2009, 07:51 AM
Sure it's only 11pm, but considering some people probably have to drive an hour+ (or even longer if the traffic is jammed), getting home at 12:30 and then still having to shower, maybe shave, etc. means a 1:30 bedtime or later. I can do that with no problems, but I'm a young guy. I wouldn't blame anyone for leaving early on a work night. It's not like people don't love the Spurs, they just have real lives, and this is a SPORTING EVENT. As in, a game.

That was my situation. I bounced at the under 3 timeout like half of the arena because I had a 2 hour drive ahead... it was 11:20 when we were out the doors - didn't get out of the parking lot until 11:50ish and I didn't walk in the door to my house until 1:30. I think that was fair enough to leave early for this one - especially after pop had pulled Tony and Tim for their ovations. I typically stay the entire game too, but last night was a rare case.

And with a few of the other comments, way to go fans. This was one of the loudest games I've been too - louder than any in last years playoffs I thought. Brother-in-law said it sounded weak/quiet on TV, but it was pretty rockin inside (thanks to Tony's explosion in the 1st).

Gutter92
04-21-2009, 07:54 AM
I was downtown last night near Pat O'Briens, with my boy and two women, when 3 Canadian girls from Quebec came out of the Basement, speaking French. 2 slightly thick Twins and a thin taller girl.

We asked them how it was in there and they told us the dance floor was deserted. They were only in town for that night and all they were looking for was something fun to do...

I raised my eyes to the sky and said thank you.

Then you showed them the way to the arcade, and went home(alone), where you cried yourself to sleep.

Bukefal
04-21-2009, 08:00 AM
Why do you care? You werent focused on the game and the spurs players either since you have been watching and analyzing who went when out of the stadium :P

spurschick
04-21-2009, 08:55 AM
Guilty as charged. I was one of the people who left with a few minutes left. As others have mentioned, it was very late and I knew it would be another hour or so before I would go to bed. When the players start showing their loyalty to me by waking up with me at 6am, I'll consider staying til 11:30pm to watch them finish a game with a 20 pt lead.

And for the record, I'm not a "richy" who leaves because I have wads of cash in my pocket.

JoeChalupa
04-21-2009, 08:59 AM
I don't get it either. We stayed until the buzzer sounded on Saturday.

SA210
04-21-2009, 09:03 AM
I don't get it either. We stayed until the buzzer sounded on Saturday.

:toast

romain.star
04-21-2009, 09:09 AM
weird America...

jrmp317
04-21-2009, 11:02 AM

bus driver
04-21-2009, 01:03 PM

F Work! This is Spurs Playoff basketball. :bang
Real fans stay till the end! Win or Lose :ihit
I stayed till the end on Sat. night and had to work early Sunday.....:bang
:flag::lobt::flag:

France B-boy
04-21-2009, 01:38 PM
So if the game is 110 to 110 and they are going to triple OT you all leave?

If you say yes then your not a true fan, no real fan bails on their team.

Its the playoffs, if your so worried about work stay home and watch the game.

You think by now you all would learn about leaving early.

ceLlz7dOOvY

seth210
04-21-2009, 01:59 PM
we left about a minute or two early. trying to get out of the AT&T center parking lot is hard enough already.

angel_luv
04-21-2009, 02:10 PM
I used to stay for each and every game all the way until after Bill Schoening's post game show.

But this season, for all but maybe three regular season games, I have left the arena at the start of the 3rd quarter when my job at the arena releases me.

I have become one of the "fans" I used to scorn.

But the truth is the Spurs have fallen several spots on my list of priorities. It happens.

Last night I would have left regardless of the score because I wanted to go spend time with my new cat.
I watched the fourth quarter at home on television.

Just because I left the arena before the final buzzer it does not mean I lost interest in the game or the outcome, as if likely the case with most who exit early.

koriwhat
04-21-2009, 02:13 PM
like you said leave whenever you want. :toast

preferably before the end of regulation. haha.

koriwhat
04-21-2009, 02:14 PM

my boss just gave me one of those game2 white tees. now i can put it in my closet with my game1 2007 finals white tee.

angel_luv
04-21-2009, 02:17 PM

ceLlz7dOOvY

:lol I was at the game- Alone & decked out in Spurs gear with " Go Spurs" signs which I carried out of the arena with me once the buzzer sounded.

I don't think anyone can question my team loyalty. :lol

superbigtime
04-21-2009, 03:35 PM

No shit! I buy the fucking ticket, I leave when I want. Oversensitive dildos. Sounds like a Mavs fan observation.

Spursfan092120
04-21-2009, 03:37 PM

ceLlz7dOOvY
Different situation..no one in here would leave at 110 to 110 going to triple OT...that's totally different. We were up by 23 with a minute left. This wasn't happening. I stayed..but I wouldn't bash anyone who wanted to leave...some people want to get out of the parking lot.

VBM
04-21-2009, 03:39 PM
:lol I was at the game- Alone & decked out in Spurs gear with " Go Spurs" signs which I carried out of the arena with me once the buzzer sounded.

I don't think anyone can question my team loyalty. :lol

There as well. Talking crazy smack with some dudes in the nosebleeds. The walk of shame in my Spurs jersey after that was pretty epic.

Creation88
04-21-2009, 03:40 PM
real fans can't afford those seats you see on TV. those are "i wanna be in the spotlight" fans.

Obstructed_View
04-21-2009, 03:41 PM
You know what? If you don't like the fans leaving, tough fucking shit. They paid their money, or maybe they didn't. Who the fuck cares? Mind your own goddamn business. This fucking holier-than-thou shit smacks more of class envy than anything else. You aren't a better fan than someone who leaves early, especially if they actually went to the game and you watched it on TV.

JudynTX
04-21-2009, 03:51 PM
You know what? If you don't like the fans leaving, tough fucking shit. They paid their money, or maybe they didn't. Who the fuck cares? Mind your own goddamn business. This fucking holier-than-thou shit smacks more of class envy than anything else. You aren't a better fan than someone who leaves early, especially if they actually went to the game and you watched it on TV.

+1 I'm more concerned that the home crowd wasn't as loud as I would like them to be, but that's just my pet peeve. Get off your ass and yell!

modtxspur
04-21-2009, 03:53 PM
I was at the game Saturday and disgusted when fans started leaving with two minutes left. Do you know why you don't leave early in a playoff game? Cause I had to hear lets go Mavericks for ten minutes (which sounds a lot like, "We're all faggots). These three words should never be heard in The SBC.

stxspurs
04-21-2009, 05:01 PM

ceLlz7dOOvY

thats just plain stupid.....if its close noone leaves....i had to be out by 6am and i stayed....im fuckin tired. some ppl have kids there..theres school, work, long drives home like someone said...it always happens in every arena.

arodz
04-21-2009, 08:38 PM
Spurs played their ass out to secure the game tonight, and fans left early? I know its a blowout, but pls. finish the game and give the whole team a standing ovation, this is not a regular season game... 4 mins remaining and majority left?

One word: FIESTA!

jbspurs
04-21-2009, 09:31 PM
Guilty as charged. I was one of the people who left with a few minutes left. As others have mentioned, it was very late and I knew it would be another hour or so before I would go to bed. When the players start showing their loyalty to me by waking up with me at 6am, I'll consider staying til 11:30pm to watch them finish a game with a 20 pt lead.

And for the record, I'm not a "richy" who leaves because I have wads of cash in my pocket.

You're excused!:eyebrows:D

France B-boy
04-21-2009, 09:58 PM
You know what? If you don't like the fans leaving, tough fucking shit. They paid their money, or maybe they didn't. Who the fuck cares? Mind your own goddamn business. This fucking holier-than-thou shit smacks more of class envy than anything else.

No one said you have to stay till the end, just don't get your Hanna Montana panties in a wad when you get called out.

You aren't a better fan than someone who leaves early,

No just a real fan, there is a difference! :tu

braeden0613
04-21-2009, 09:58 PM
/thread

Spur|n|Austin
04-21-2009, 10:05 PM

Speaking of Bruce Bowen jersey, did you catch that family of four sitting court side ALL wearing Bowen jerseys? I thought that was great!

SA210
04-21-2009, 10:05 PM

Spursfan092120
04-21-2009, 10:06 PM
Speaking of Bruce Bowen jersey, did you catch that family of four sitting court side ALL wearing Bowen jerseys? I thought that was great!
No..I missed that...pretty awesome though.

SouthTexasRancher
04-21-2009, 10:12 PM

No big deal. It was just LA Faker fans and Dallas Mavettes fans needing to go to the crapper because they saw the real Spurs last night and it gave them the shits. I saw little Bump leading the way. Us Spurs fans were just sittin' back and enjoying the moment.

Obstructed_View
04-21-2009, 10:53 PM
When did you leave the arena?

jbspurs
04-22-2009, 12:37 AM
When did you leave the arena?

Cry Havoc
04-22-2009, 12:51 AM
No one said you have to stay till the end, just don't get your Hanna Montana panties in a wad when you get called out.

You're a real idiot.

Laker Lanny
04-22-2009, 07:14 AM
You're a real idiot.

For wanting to stay till the end? You got called out and owned, deal with it and move on brah! :lmao

Obstructed_View
04-22-2009, 07:15 AM

And you still can't mind your own fucking business.
:lmao

Obstructed_View
04-22-2009, 07:17 AM
For wanting to stay till the end? You got called out and owned, deal with it and move on brah! :lmao

Getting called out about being a "real fan" by someone who didn't even go to the game is a long fuckin' way from "owned". :lol

FTL
04-22-2009, 07:22 AM
I must admit leaving early looks lame no matter what your excuse is, but admitting it on a Spurs message board is self ownage.

spursfan1000
04-22-2009, 07:34 AM
If it is a blowout and it was a late game people have to go to work the next day and kids have to go to school.

Obstructed_View
04-22-2009, 07:39 AM
I must admit leaving early looks lame no matter what your excuse is, but admitting it on a Spurs message board is self ownage.

I guess people have to find a reason to think they're better than someone else, but judging someone publicly based upon the time they choose to stand up from a seat and walk to a car seems much more like self ownage.

FTL
04-22-2009, 07:46 AM
If it is a blowout and it was a late game people have to go to work the next day and kids have to go to school.

Why would you stay you don't even like Pop.

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/RTM-3/band.jpg

FTL
04-22-2009, 07:47 AM
I guess people have to find a reason to think they're better than someone else

Leaving early isn't really helping you in that department is it?

France B-boy
04-22-2009, 07:50 AM
I guess people have to find a reason to think they're better than someone else, but judging someone publicly based upon the time they choose to stand up from a seat and walk to a car seems much more like self ownage.

Dude trying to justify being a half ass fan is futile. Pull up your pants and find another topic, trust me this ass raping can be avoided! :tu

Obstructed_View
04-22-2009, 07:53 AM
Dude trying to justify being a half ass fan is futile. Pull up your pants and find another topic, trust me this ass raping can be avoided! :tu

But you keep coming back for it.

France B-boy
04-22-2009, 07:57 AM
But you keep coming back for it.

What not you have a sweet ass,

DaBears
04-22-2009, 08:45 AM
i would like all the SPURS fans in Dallas to make them selves heard at the Dallas game.. I and When the series returns to SA let the rest of the NBA leaque wide know what city has and has always had the best nba fans. Be LOUD and proud SA... Rock the arena................