PDA

View Full Version : Went to the game...

DPG21920
04-21-2009, 01:01 AM
And was that place jumping. The energy was great from the team and the fans the entire game. It was good to see an upbeat atmosphere and it was great to see the fans rewarded with a big response from their team saying "we are not done yet".

There were no big celebrations and it looked like the team wanted to keep playing forever.

Hats off to the marketing people/coyote, they had a lot of good energy and cool promotions.

The Spurs gave away a car, all the Mavs gave away was Devin Harris.

E20
04-21-2009, 01:02 AM
Did you take pictures?

DPG21920
04-21-2009, 01:04 AM
No pictures, don't have a camera and I was pretty high up. But I am very glad I was afforded an opportunity to go. This was a great game to go to and the angle at which I viewed the game was like birds eye view, and it was like watching video of plays/schemes being run.

It is actually very entertaining to watch from that vantage point and you can see a lot of things develop.

Spursfan092120
04-21-2009, 01:05 AM
Did you take pictures?
I did...from suite 38, right above the baseline bums...great game...

onarollbaby
04-21-2009, 01:07 AM
i saw it on tv, its great to see the fans united in wearing white shirts. looks great on tv. GO SPURS GO!

DPG21920
04-21-2009, 01:09 AM
I did not wear my shirt (I am a pretty small dude and it was XXXXXXXXXL), but I did waive it ferociously above my head.

holcs50
04-21-2009, 01:12 AM
lucky sob, ha. dont think ill make my annual spurs game trip this year. But just to let yall know us socal people do make trips out there strictly for the games. Ive done it lot of years. Went to the two cavs finals games played in sa. I honestly love the city, really cool city, and everyone is really chill...especially if your rockin a ginobili home jersey, ha. Cant say SA is as nice as san diego because its not...but i guess that's cuz i wake up and see the coast everyday. But sa seriously is my second fav city behind diego. LA is gross!!!!!! either way hope you had a good time this was imo the best game ive seen them play all year. If they can keep this up ya never know....2009 is an odd year haha

DPG21920
04-21-2009, 01:14 AM
The best thing about it was I got to the game an hour early, and everyone was in such high spirits. There was no anxiety, and considering the magnitude of the game, it just felt strange.

Spursmania
04-21-2009, 01:15 AM
It was a great game. One in which the fans could just enjoy and go crazy over. I wore the white shirt, and had a blast. The Spurs played with a lot of energy and looked determined from the beginning. I was relieved they sustained their great lead. It was a nice game to enjoy and not feel anxious because the lead could be lost at any moment.

Libri
04-21-2009, 01:19 AM
Were there any Mavs fans?

DPG21920
04-21-2009, 01:20 AM
Yes, there were Mav fans, but their numbers were not great and they were completely drowned out. What could they do, they got steamrolled on the road.

Two of them flicked my section off as they were leaving...............in the third quarter.

HarlemHeat37
04-21-2009, 01:21 AM
I heard there was a Mavs fan punching a water cooler..how classy..

holcs50
04-21-2009, 01:22 AM
It was a great game. One in which the fans could just enjoy and go crazy over. I wore the white shirt, and had a blast. The Spurs played with a lot of energy and looked determined from the beginning. I was relieved they sustained their great lead. It was a nice game to enjoy and not feel anxious because the lead could be lost at any moment.

yea but goin into half i bet there was a little anxiety for a famous spurs letdown but thank goodness they came out really determined like it was a tie game! Gives me a ton of hope how they played the second half. An 11 point lead at half and how good we played was not setteling, i thought for sure their might be a letdown a la lakers wins last year. Man, if we really can sustain the same mentality from the first quarter to coming out in the 3rd i think we have a legitimate shot at this title guys. I really do

Spursfan092120
04-21-2009, 01:22 AM
I'm uploading some pictures to photobucket right now..I'll post them as soon as they're done.

holcs50
04-21-2009, 01:24 AM
yea but goin into half i bet there was a little anxiety for a famous spurs letdown but thank goodness they came out really determined like it was a tie game! Gives me a ton of hope how they played the second half. An 11 point lead at half and how good we played was not setteling, i thought for sure there might be a letdown a la lakers losses last year. Man, if we really can sustain the same mentality from the first quarter to coming out in the 3rd i think we have a legitimate shot at this title guys. I really do