PDA

View Full Version : Glen Davis Football Block on Hinrich

jdev82
04-21-2009, 08:12 AM
take a look at this rediculous moving screen by glen davis pushing hinrich under the basket. ray allen hit that shot because that no-call is not reviewable. noah thought that no cheating would ensue, so he stuck to big baby. when hinrich never went over the screen, he came on the switch a little too late. this is as ludicrous a no-call as i have ever seen, or as much so as the foul on brent barry. tell me someone else saw this awful foul by this no-good goon. noone is talking about it anywhere and i think thats a testament to how stupid the average fan is. they look at the ball and nothing else. there not looking at ray allens screens, these mental midgets are looking at the fucking inbounder! anyone else see this blatant bit of cheating?

OW1eAPm-W_I

watch at 3:40. sorry couldnt find a better vid.

hater
04-21-2009, 08:22 AM
fuck the celtics. had those 2 overweight mofos not got 50+ points, Bulls would have won by double digits.

beleive me, this won't happen again this series Bulls in 6

jdev82
04-21-2009, 08:40 AM
fuck the celtics. had those 2 overweight mofos not got 50+ points, Bulls would have won by double digits.

beleive me, this won't happen again this series Bulls in 6

finally someone sees that goons block. i mean how was this not called?

Samr
04-21-2009, 08:41 AM
Wow, admittedly I did not catch that at all, but that is pretty bad. The league should say something, but that 3 was too good a story for them so you know they won't.

spurs_fan_in_exile
04-21-2009, 08:57 AM
It's the playoffs, the refs aren't going to call that. Not saying it's right, but it's the truth. Half the screens set today are illegal by the letter of the law.

And just to play devil's advocate, nasty screen on Heinrich or not, why wasn't Noah switching off right away anyways? You've got three seconds left, so it's not likely that anyone would put the ball on the floor and try to create. It's Ray Allen coming off a screen, which is usually going to result in a jump shot regardless of the score or the time left on the clock. Looking at the replay Allen is already a full two steps past the screen and curling around by the time Noah starts moving towards him. Even with the Davis screen seems he still could have made the play if he had a better head on his shoulders.

jdev82
04-21-2009, 08:59 AM
It's the playoffs, the refs aren't going to call that. Not saying it's right, but it's the truth. Half the screens set today are illegal by the letter of the law.

And just to play devil's advocate, nasty screen on Heinrich or not, why wasn't Noah switching off right away anyways? You've got three seconds left, so it's not likely that anyone would put the ball on the floor and try to create. It's Ray Allen coming off a screen, which is usually going to result in a jump shot regardless of the score or the time left on the clock. Looking at the replay Allen is already a full two steps past the screen and curling around by the time Noah starts moving towards him. Even with the Davis screen seems he still could have made the play if he had a better head on his shoulders.

because joakim noah is a noted idiot

Biggems
04-21-2009, 09:06 AM
he looked like Larry Allen clearing the way for Emmitt Smith to run to paydirt....

hater
04-21-2009, 09:07 AM
I agree Joakim is an idiot. did you see his scarface face when he got the T? He looked like Ron Artest when he ran into the stands to punch fans :lol

jdev82
04-21-2009, 09:13 AM
I agree Joakim is an idiot. did you see his scarface face when he got the T? He looked like Ron Artest when he ran into the stands to punch fans :lol

arnold shwartzenegger would be proud of the gap in his smile

Rogue
04-21-2009, 09:28 AM
arnold shwartzenegger would be proud of the gap in his smile
terminator is simply a robot as far as I know. :wakeup

Solid D
04-21-2009, 11:37 AM
I've seen much worse moving screens than that. It was a downscreen, which makes it easier to get away with. To me, it was nothing.

The shot by Ray Allen was terrific and I thought Noah switched very quickly onto Ray. Noah saw that Salmons got through to cover Pierce, and Kirk was stuck so it was good anticipation on Noah's part. The only technical aspect of Noah's close-out was he first extended his right arm and Ray is right handed. It's normal to defend that way to keep Ray from driving middle. Ray could see the basket when he caught and raised up to shoot. Joakim then switched to his near (left) hand but Ray was already starting to release. Noah's D wasn't bad, it was just a great stroke and a nice play drawn up.

Where Noah did mess up was missing that chip shot in the last minute.

completely deck
04-21-2009, 12:03 PM
:wrongf