PDA

View Full Version : Will the double standard on racism and prejudice ever end?

Jacob1983
04-21-2009, 01:32 PM
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that there is a double standard when it comes racism and prejudice in America. There are certain groups that you can bash and criticize without any consequences and there are other groups that you can bash and criticize and you will be treated like you killed someone. For example, if a white guy says something offensive about blacks, gays, or Jews then he will be treated like he killed someone. However, if say a black guy makes fun of white people then it's okay. Why is there a double standard when it comes to racism and prejudice? Nowadays, you can make fun of Christians, Republicans, fat people, smokers, and autistic kids without getting that much flack. However, if you talk shit about gays, blacks, or Jews then you're a horrible person and you need to be punished. What makes it okay for a person to make fun of one group and not get punished but then do the same to another group and get no punishment?

And if you're against affirmative action, you're a racist.
If you're against gay marriage, then you're a bigot and homophobe.
If you're against abortion, then you hate women and are against women's rights.
If you're against illegal immigration, then you're a xenophobe.

Winehole23
04-21-2009, 01:35 PM
You can't hug a strawman with nuclear arms.

Def Rowe
04-21-2009, 01:42 PM
For example, if a white guy says something offensive about blacks, gays, or Jews then he will be treated like he killed someone.

Nah, he'd be treated like he's an asshole. Which he would be.

Why are Republicans obsessed with reverse racism? I see people talking about this on Fox news all the time. It's a fake issue.

Winehole23
04-21-2009, 01:46 PM
Why are Republicans obsessed with reverse racism? I see people talking about this on Fox news all the time. It's a fake issue.Jealousy. They want to be regarded as victims too.

fyatuk
04-21-2009, 01:55 PM
Why are Republicans obsessed with reverse racism?

This is a BS term. Racism is racism no matter who is doing and who is receiving. Racism isn't something that only flows one way.

That was the whole point of the original post. Why do we even have a separate term for it? It's exactly the same thing, treat it that way.

Blake
04-21-2009, 02:50 PM
Nowadays, you can make fun of Christians, Republicans, fat people, smokers, and autistic kids without getting that much flack.

make an autistic kid joke over in the club and see how it goes for you.

ElNono
04-21-2009, 02:53 PM
Oppressed whitey... :rollin

jman3000
04-21-2009, 03:02 PM
Gay dudes like cock in their butt. Jews wear funny hats. Black people like Funions. Christians are misguided and believe in a fairy tale. Republicans are all of a sudden whiny, sensitive, politically correct little bitches. Fat people are fat. Smokers smell like shit. Autistic kids are pretty cool.

Go fuck yourself.

jman3000
04-21-2009, 03:04 PM
Mav fan can eat shit.

fyatuk
04-21-2009, 03:18 PM
Gay dudes like cock in their butt. Jews wear funny hats. Black people like Funions. Christians are misguided and believe in a fairy tale. Republicans are all of a sudden whiny, sensitive, politically correct little bitches. Fat people are fat. Smokers smell like shit. Autistic kids are pretty cool.

Go fuck yourself.

Hey, I like Funions and I'm not black. And smokers smell like smoke (which is disgusting, and I am a smoker), but that's a completely different odor than shit :p:

JoeChalupa
04-21-2009, 03:33 PM
It is what it is.

baseline bum
04-21-2009, 03:37 PM
http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/7209/worstever.png

Oh, Gee!!
04-21-2009, 07:53 PM
ever notice how white people walk like this http://www.eshopclicknsave.com/Animated/IndexAnimatedManWalkingIcon.gif but black guys walk like thishttp://images.clipart.com/thw/thw14/CL/3D/041906_1/cool_dude_walking_pt_res.thc.jpg?

hope4dopes
04-21-2009, 08:17 PM
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that there is a double standard when it comes racism and prejudice in America. There are certain groups that you can bash and criticize without any consequences and there are other groups that you can bash and criticize and you will be treated like you killed someone. For example, if a white guy says something offensive about blacks, gays, or Jews then he will be treated like he killed someone. However, if say a black guy makes fun of white people then it's okay. Why is there a double standard when it comes to racism and prejudice? Nowadays, you can make fun of Christians, Republicans, fat people, smokers, and autistic kids without getting that much flack. However, if you talk shit about gays, blacks, or Jews then you're a horrible person and you need to be punished. What makes it okay for a person to make fun of one group and not get punished but then do the same to another group and get no punishment?

Jacob, how long have you been alive?To even ask such a question.Well flinging acussations of racist !!!!!!! around is kinda like during the inquisiton throwing the term heritic around.It has many wonderfull uses.Mostly it's used to silence debate, threaten dissenters, and bring apostates back into the fold.Like clinton and gore's mysterious and mythical black church burnings that were used to infuse the balck vote for the clinton gore ticket.It wasn't till after the election it was debunked.It can also be used to make a lucrative living such has Jesse Jackson's strong arming Budwieser Co. into giving Jesse"s son I think a distributership for Bud.He tired it in Silicon Valley and they told him to pound sand, but when it pays off it pays off big.What I'm saying Jacob is the possibilities are are only as limited as your imagination.Use it to get elected, use it to silence political debate, use it to gain money, use it to cover for your embarassing lack of skill and talent,use it to win friends and influence people, hell use it to get laid, but use it.

It will end when we stop fearing stupid and clumsy bullies, and laugh in their faces.

Cry Havoc
04-21-2009, 08:20 PM
I'm completely against abortion and my girlfriend is too. I guess she hates women as well. :lol

balli
04-21-2009, 08:21 PM
http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/7209/worstever.png
+1

Jacob1983
04-21-2009, 10:24 PM
Well, I kinda already knew the answer for this question. There will probably be peace in the Middle East before the double standard on racism and prejudice ends.

Affirmative action is racist on both sides. It's racist toward minorities because it assumes that they're stupid and not capable of doing things on their own without the white man's help. And it's also racist toward white people because it assumes that they don't need help and that they are not worthy of help.

Winehole23
04-21-2009, 10:34 PM
Affirmative action is racist on both sides. It's racist toward minorities because it assumes that they're stupid and not capable of doing things on their own without the white man's help. And it's also racist toward white people because it assumes that they don't need help and that they are not worthy of help.Jealousy. You want society to see you as a victim.

Ha. Here's to self-fulfilling prophecies!:toast

Jacob1983
04-21-2009, 10:40 PM
So a person is jealous if they are against affirmative action? You do know that some minorities are against affirmative action and even offended by affirmative action.

Winehole23
04-21-2009, 10:48 PM
Sure. What are you trying to prove? That racism sucks?

Marcus Bryant
04-21-2009, 11:05 PM
Sure, it is what it is. But there are many more things worth getting worked up about. Politics is the art of finding the minute and enraging or mollifying the masses with it. Affirmative action has personally affected how many, exactly? Then yesterday we have the current administration engaging in some budgetary belt tightening which might result in savings of, oh, 0.2% of the total federal budget for FY09. Before I forget, where is affirmative action even in, well, action today such that someone, somewhere might actually have a grievance?

Jacob1983
04-21-2009, 11:19 PM
So if say you're a young white male or female and you're applying for a job. You're highly qualified and you have experience and excellent references. You have a good interview too. However, there are other candidates who are applying for the job. The company doesn't hire you eventhough you are qualified and experienced because they want diversity i.e. "they don't want to be accused of being racist" so they hire an unqualified inexperienced minority. Would you be pissed about that if that happened to you? And it could also go the other way. The unqualified inexperienced person that gets hired could be a white person while the qualified experienced person is a minority and doesn't get hired. However, it happens more often to white people. They get fucked over because companies want diversity when they're really just saving their own asses so they don't get accused of being racist.

Winehole23
04-21-2009, 11:27 PM
Like racist victimization of white men by federal policies to promote diversity should really be the focus here. It's super-important for conservatives to spread the word about race-hustlers. Really.

Are you living in 1985, Jacob1983? This rant is so tired and dated, it was already old when I first heard it in high school. Why should I care about it now?

PixelPusher
04-21-2009, 11:27 PM
So if say you're a young white male or female and you're applying for a job. You're highly qualified and you have experience and excellent references. You have a good interview too. However, there are other candidates who are applying for the job. The company doesn't hire you eventhough you are qualified and experienced because they want diversity i.e. "they don't want to be accused of being racist" so they hire an unqualified inexperienced minority. Would you be pissed about that if that happened to you? And it could also go the other way. The unqualified inexperienced person that gets hired could be a white person while the qualified experienced person is a minority and doesn't get hired. However, it happens more often to white people. They get fucked over because companies want diversity when they're really just saving their own asses so they don't get accused of being racist.

I love how it's always assumed that the white guy is demonstrably more qualified than the black guy in these hypotheticals - the opposite is never even conceived.

Do you get this outraged when you lose out on a job to someone (allegedy) less qualified than you because of nepotism, or a good ol' boys network?

Jacob1983
04-22-2009, 12:01 AM
Hold the phone. I never said that the white candidate is always better and more qualified and experienced than the minority candidates. I never once said that it's always 100 percent that way. I'm sure there are numerous minority candidates that don't get hired because they're not whie. However, more white people get screwed over because of affirmative action than non-white people. It's common sense.

So you're going to tell me that white people don't ever suffer or have problems? Yes or no?

braeden0613
04-22-2009, 12:08 AM
Yeah what you say is pretty true...but I'm still pretty happy being a white Protestant male. I think there's more important things to be worrying about.

PixelPusher
04-22-2009, 12:53 AM
Hold the phone. I never said that the white candidate is always better and more qualified and experienced than the minority candidates. I never once said that it's always 100 percent that way. I'm sure there are numerous minority candidates that don't get hired because they're not whie. However, more white people get screwed over because of affirmative action than non-white people. It's common sense.

So you're going to tell me that white people don't ever suffer or have problems? Yes or no?

Sure, there's lots of reasons someone else gets the job ahead of you. Maybe he or she knows someone there and has an inside track. Maybe he or she is a good bullshit artist during the interview. Maybe he or she flat out lied on their resume. Maybe the guy conducting the interview is a dumbass and a poor judge of character and talent. Or maybe that other person who got hired really was more qualified than you assumed - because unless you have access to everyone else's files, that's pretty much what it boils down to on your part...an assumption.

Jacob1983
04-22-2009, 01:41 AM
For the millionith time, I never said that it happens all the time. Of course, there are a million reason why you won't get hired sometimes. Just don't tell me that affirmative action has never screwed over a white person before. If you do, then you're a liar. I think it's a joke that this country uses tax payers' money to promote inequality and racism.

Extra Stout
04-22-2009, 07:54 AM
I don't think detente will work with the Soviet Union. They are bent on spreading communism worldwide, and unless we build up our defenses to deter them, communism will be on our own doorstep soon. Let's not repeat the mistakes of Vietnam!

The most important defense initiative we must have therefore is to develop a means to shoot down ICBM's.

George Gervin's Afro
04-22-2009, 09:07 AM

Don't be so sensitive. Why do you care what other people think of you?

Extra Stout
04-22-2009, 09:18 AM
The lowest temperature on record was recorded at Vostock Station, Antarctica: -89 degrees C! This underscores our need to get a handle of aerosol air pollution before global cooling plunges us into a new ice age! And don't forget about the hole in the ozone layer!

Blake
04-22-2009, 09:26 AM
Just don't tell me that affirmative action has never screwed over a white person before. If you do, then you're a liar. I think it's a joke that this country uses tax payers' money to promote inequality and racism.

Just don't tell me that a Black man has never been screwed over by a White man in the 'good ol' boy' network.

How exactly is tax payer money being used to promot inequality and racism?

JoeChalupa
04-22-2009, 09:31 AM
Racism and bigotry will ALWAYS exist.

Sec24Row7
04-22-2009, 09:33 AM

Just stop giving a fuck what other people think about you. If you aren't going to go into politics tell all the racy jokes you want. If someone tries to stop you tell them to go fuck themselves...

It's pretty simple.