PDA

View Full Version : Skip Bayless is a douchebag of the highest order

Budkin
04-21-2009, 03:32 PM
I know this is no surprise to anyone but watch as he applauds Erika Dampier's threats against Tony Parker. I'd like to see that guy get punched in his stupid fucking mouth.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4086083

VBM
04-21-2009, 03:34 PM
Honestly, I'm not pissed that Damp is talking smack...I'm pissed that SA refuses to lay out little guards who repeatedly get to the lane against us. If Bonner or Kurt are going to be called for ticky-tack fouls anyway, at least leave a bruise on some of these people attacking the rim against us.

Agloco
04-21-2009, 03:36 PM
He's always dumb. No surprise here.

Flux451
04-21-2009, 03:38 PM
I know this is no surprise to anyone but watch as he applauds Erika Dampier's threats against Tony Parker. I'd like to see that guy get punched in his stupid fucking mouth.

He's is an imbecil. Doesn't no nada bout basketball. He should be a character on desperate housewives...as one of the house wives. Drama queen

Flux451
04-21-2009, 03:39 PM
Honestly, I'm not pissed that Damp is talking smack...I'm pissed that SA refuses to lay out little guards who repeatedly get to the lane against us. If Bonner or Kurt are going to be called for ticky-tack fouls anyway, at least leave a bruise on some of these people attacking the rim against us.

For shortes

Creation88
04-21-2009, 03:44 PM
this all relies on Tony. if he dismisses it and goes to the basket anyway then it's good for us. but if Tony does shys away from the basket then Dampier is brilliant.

i doubt the latter will happen. Tony's gonna own them again.

usckk
04-21-2009, 03:52 PM
I wouldn't put too much into this.

Skip actually is a big Spurs fan.

Dr. Gonzo
04-21-2009, 04:00 PM
He's always dumb. No surprise here.

Except for when he picks the Spurs to win a series or talks them up. Then he's smart. But right now he's dumb.

z0sa
04-21-2009, 04:05 PM
he was a big spurs fan last i saw of him. my how the bandwagoners fly off when the going gets just a little tough.

Obstructed_View
04-21-2009, 04:05 PM
Damp is probably not going to do anything, and if he does, he has a smaller point guard that has been effective going into the paint. As mentioned, the only way this works to their advantage is if he scares Parker badly enough to stay out of the paint, or if he injures Parker badly enough that he can't play for the rest of the series.

purist
04-21-2009, 04:06 PM
I wouldn't put too much into this.

Skip actually is a big Spurs fan.

Correction. Skip is a big Skip fan.

Man of Steel
Agoloco--who is that girl?!

Warlord23
This sort of middle-school smack works against inferior players. This is Tony Parker we're talking about. Dampier has begun digging the Mavs' grave in this series.

Obstructed_View

So he's a douchebag for advocating violence, and you want to see someone punch him in the mouth?:king

Whisky Dog
04-21-2009, 04:09 PM
Bayless has a big crush on all things flair and dramatic. It probably comes from his profession and wanting to see drama and controversy to write about. Of course he likes Dampier running his mouth - it's a story. Of course no one mentions that he already tried to take Parker out and Parker shrugged him off like a bug. I see this as nothing more than Dampier trying to motivate himself and all it would do is motivate the Spurs. The Mavs aren't mentally tough enough to risk losing their composure with stuff like this - let's just hope it is enough to throw them off their mental game and negatively affect their play.

Obstructed_View
04-21-2009, 04:14 PM
Dude I agree 100%...what's up with that ant not getting an elbow to the mouth when he runs in the lane? It would make that roach think twice about doing it again.

I presume you missed the screen Duncan set? That was basically the only time he spent in the lane in game 2.

superbigtime
04-21-2009, 04:18 PM
This sort of middle-school smack works against inferior players. This is Tony Parker we're talking about. Dampier has begun digging the Mavs' grave in this series.

Agree. No immobile never-has-been 7 footer should challenge Tony Parker.

baseline bum
04-21-2009, 04:26 PM
this all relies on Tony. if he dismisses it and goes to the basket anyway then it's good for us. but if Tony does shys away from the basket then Dampier is brilliant.

i doubt the latter will happen. Tony's gonna own them again.

Not gonna happen. If Shaq's threats and hard fouls didn't intimidate Tony last year, what hope does that scrub Dampier have?

GSH
04-21-2009, 04:31 PM
So he's a douchebag for advocating violence, and you want to see someone punch him in the mouth?:king

Absofuckinglutely.

As for Damp's comment - if the league wants to maintain any remnant of credibility, they have to take a position on a public comment like that. They got the numbers last week about the disparity of fouls being called when Parker drives the lane. It's one thing to commit a foul in the normal course of a play, but what Dampier is describing is something intentional that could easily cause a season-ending injury.

They (the league officials) need to send word to the refs about Dallas, the same way they have done about the Spurs in the past. Call anything that looks like a foul.

Obstructed_View
04-21-2009, 04:32 PM
Absofuckinglutely.

As for Damp's comment - if the league wants to maintain any remnant of credibility, they have to take a position on a public comment like that. They got the numbers last week about the disparity of fouls being called when Parker drives the lane. It's one thing to commit a foul in the normal course of a play, but what Dampier is describing is something intentional that could easily cause a season-ending injury.

They (the league officials) need to send word to the refs about Dallas, the same way they have done about the Spurs in the past. Call anything that looks like a foul.

The Spurs have lost a chance at one championship thanks to a dirty foul by a Maverick in the first round. The league and the Spurs should take it very seriously.

Creation88
04-21-2009, 04:33 PM
Not gonna happen. If Shaq's threats and hard fouls didn't intimidate Tony last year, what hope does that scrub Dampier have?

my point exactly.

duncan228
04-21-2009, 04:33 PM

UPDATE: Not surprisingly, it appears Dampier has set himself for extra scrutiny in Game 3. An NBA official says the league is aware of Dampier's comments, and will be monitoring his behavior in Thursday's game.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3316730&postcount=263

GSH
04-21-2009, 04:38 PM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3316730&postcount=263

Thank you. Too late, but hopefully not too little.

Gervin44Silas13
04-21-2009, 04:40 PM
Skip Bayless es Joto!

crc21209
04-21-2009, 06:50 PM
Skip Bayless has been on the Spurs wagon up until this year...and out of all teams he picked to win it all...he picked the Hornets. So don't take him too seriously....:lol

Bukefal
04-21-2009, 06:54 PM

Nice Sig!!! :toast

Bukefal
04-21-2009, 06:56 PM
anyway, weak weak weak weak. weak comment by ericka, weak threat and weak by this skip for applauding.

raspsa
04-21-2009, 06:56 PM
Parker is probably wondering what else is new. He took several hard shots in game 2. He's probably elated he's gotten into the Mav's heads.

samikeyp
04-21-2009, 09:17 PM
Skip Bayless was a douchebag long before he commented on Dampier. :lol

The Truth #6
04-21-2009, 09:23 PM
It seems the onus shifts back on to Dampier - will his concern for the refs make him play softer? Who knows. The dumb refs will probably call it way too tight on Dampier and then let the other guys throw elbows. In other words, I'm sure the refs will find a way to screw this up.

spursncowboys
04-21-2009, 09:31 PM
Skip, and Adante. everyone I listened to or watched today have either said what he did was good, or they said it wasn't his place. No one said anything about how it was dirty. How it was garbage that a guy is talking about taking out someone half his size.

Udokafan05
04-21-2009, 10:26 PM
Anyone else suprised Jemele Hill stuck up for parker and spurs? 1st and 10 is actually the only thing that makes First Take watchable.

smrattler
04-21-2009, 11:01 PM
Don't get me wrong, I'm not some tough guy or wannabe tough-guy or anything like that. I'm a well educated professional type and about as straight as an arrow.

But I swear, if I ran into this ass at a restraunt, I'd pop the shit out of his sorry ass right in the mouth. See if he applauds me.

Juanobili
04-21-2009, 11:12 PM
fuck Skip