PDA

View Full Version : I don't have NBA TV. How am I supposed to watch the game on Thursday???

Silver&Black Warrior
04-21-2009, 05:01 PM
It's to my understanding that you can't get NBA TV without subscribing to League Pass. I just looked up the schedule, and I noticed it was on NBA TV!!! ALL of the playoffs are supposed to be for EVERYBODY. This is an atrocity of Third Reich proportions!!!!!! David Stern you have reached a new low. Even for you. How dare you prevent the average fan from watching their most crucial game up to this point just so that you can preview your over-priced product and say "Better think about getting League Pass" (in a taunting voice) Is there any other way I can watch the game without going to a sports bar??? (possibly an online stream of some sort????) Please help from a fellow warrior in need.

spursfan1000
04-21-2009, 05:04 PM
I think it will be on FOXSW or like channel 5,7 for time warner, like the channels where they play the regular season games. But on those channels it will be with Sean Elliott.

ploto
04-21-2009, 05:06 PM
You do not need League Pass to get NBA-TV, and some first round games have been on NBA-TV for a number of years. If you are in SA it will be on KENS.

braeden0613
04-21-2009, 05:07 PM
Yeah it sucks. I'm in college station and am either going to have to watch some crappy feed on my computer or maybe go to BWW. The NBA needs to realize that not too many people actually have NBATV

duncan228
(possibly an online stream of some sort????)

Just trying to prevent any problems. Please keep it legal.

From the FAQ's stickied at the top of the Forum.

Game Links - Don't ask for links to online broadcasts for the games, and don't post such links. These sites are breaking copyright laws by broadcasting them.

Obstructed_View
Find an illegal link. The NBA seems perfectly happy to fuck their fans as usual. Fuck 'em back. The league showed every playoff game on TBS and TNT for years without having to resort to putting them on a channel most people don't get, and now they're trying to lamely copy what the NFL does, even though the NFL network is a great channel that shows virtually every game every week and is trying to establish itself as a basic package channel.

Armando
04-21-2009, 05:08 PM
It's to my understanding that you can't get NBA TV without subscribing to League Pass. I just looked up the schedule, and I noticed it was on NBA TV!!! ALL of the playoffs are supposed to be for EVERYBODY. This is an atrocity of Third Reich proportions!!!!!! David Stern you have reached a new low. Even for you. How dare you prevent the average fan from watching their most crucial game up to this point just so that you can preview your over-priced product and say "Better think about getting League Pass" (in a taunting voice) Is there any other way I can watch the game without going to a sports bar??? (possibly an online stream of some sort????) Please help from a fellow warrior in need.

You don't need to subscribe to League Pass to get NBA tv. You can get NBA tv for as little as 5 dollars a month.

Obstructed_View
04-21-2009, 05:11 PM
You can get an online link for free, and see the games without rewarding the NBA for holding their own fans hostage for five bucks a month. It's difficult to believe the NBA would be so petty.

TampaDude
04-21-2009, 05:12 PM
Watch it online or go to a sports bar.

Dr. Gonzo
04-21-2009, 05:14 PM

A bit extreme don't you think?

Obstructed_View
04-21-2009, 05:15 PM
A bit extreme don't you think?

Godwin's law, dude.

ElNono
04-21-2009, 05:16 PM
FWIW, I subscribe to NBA League Pass, and my cable provider (Comcast) already cut off NBA TV now that the regular season ended. So basically, yeah, I'm gonna give the NBA a big middle finger and go look for it on the Internet.

Borosai
04-21-2009, 05:19 PM
I won't be able to watch either.

Mugen
04-21-2009, 05:21 PM
find an illegal link. The nba seems perfectly happy to fuck their fans as usual. Fuck 'em back. The league showed every playoff game on tbs and tnt for years without having to resort to putting them on a channel most people don't get, and now they're trying to lamely copy what the nfl does, even though the nfl network is a great channel that shows virtually every game every week and is trying to establish itself as a basic package channel.

+1

Solid D
04-21-2009, 05:25 PM
For San Antonio fans, Thursday night's game will be broadcast @ 7:30 PM CDT on KENS 5 TV or the HD equivalent (105 on Time Warner Cable).

A quick call to your cable provider will get you NBA TV at a reasonable rate or included in a package without having to have League Pass.

ElNono
04-21-2009, 05:28 PM
For San Antonio fans, Thursday night's game will be broadcast @ 7:30 PM CDT on KENS 5 TV or the HD equivalent (105 on Time Warner Cable).

A quick call to your cable provider will get you NBA TV at a reasonable rate or included in a package without having to have League Pass.

Over here (New Jersey), $10 a month, 3 months minimum subscription. Gee, no thanks.
Hopefully once FIOS start their service and end the monopoly we'll have a choice.

mytespurs
04-21-2009, 05:30 PM
I thought all NBA playoff games were being shown on ESPN or TNT?

Solid D
04-21-2009, 05:32 PM
$10/month x 3 = $30 plus tax, no tip

1 game at Sports Bar/Restaurant for 2 1/2 hours worth (meal/dessert/drinks) = at least $20 plus tip (if you drink beer or other alcoholic beverage $30 plus tip).

duncan228
04-21-2009, 05:33 PM
FWIW, I subscribe to NBA League Pass, and my cable provider (Comcast) already cut off NBA TV now that the regular season ended.

That sucks. Mine doesn't work like that. I have NBA TV year-round. LP ends with the regular season but I don't lose NBA TV. It's in my sports tier, LP is separate.

duncan228
04-21-2009, 05:33 PM
I thought all NBA playoff games were being shown on ESPN or TNT?

And ABC and NBA TV.

ElNono
04-21-2009, 06:01 PM
$10/month x 3 = $30 plus tax, no tip

1 game at Sports Bar/Restaurant for 2 1/2 hours worth (meal/dessert/drinks) = at least $20 plus tip (if you drink beer or other alcoholic beverage $30 plus tip).

What bar in New Jersey shows the San Antonio Spurs? :lol
I have better odds of finding one million dollars before I find such a bar.

It's ok. The NBA already got $200 on League Pass from me this season. I don't think I'll be breaking anybody's bottom line by watching ONE game over the Internet. It sucks tho. If they think this will make me call my cable provider and ask them to carry the channel on the non-sport tier, they're awfully wrong.

ElNono
04-21-2009, 06:04 PM
That sucks. Mine doesn't work like that. I have NBA TV year-round. LP ends with the regular season but I don't lose NBA TV. It's in my sports tier, LP is separate.

It works like that here too. It's just that they want $10/mo for the sports tier that includes hits such as the Tennis Channel, Golf Channel, Gol TV, etc. NBA TV is the only channel worth a damn, but I just refuse to pay $10/mo for a channel I already get for free with LP for half a year.

Pistons < Spurs
04-21-2009, 06:07 PM
Find an illegal link. The NBA seems perfectly happy to fuck their fans as usual. Fuck 'em back. The league showed every playoff game on TBS and TNT for years without having to resort to putting them on a channel most people don't get, and now they're trying to lamely copy what the NFL does, even though the NFL network is a great channel that shows virtually every game every week and is trying to establish itself as a basic package channel.

Amen

SpursDynasty
04-21-2009, 06:08 PM
NBA TV costs about $5.00. Easy to get.

ElNono
04-21-2009, 06:10 PM

I actually have that in my basic package. :depressed

Obstructed_View
04-21-2009, 06:28 PM
I actually have that in my basic package. :depressed

So do I, and it's excellent. I was watching a replay of a Cowboys game with my wife on NFL network and she commented on how much she enjoys the replays with the wasted time cut out and the press conferences spliced in. If the NBA wants to follow that model, they need to make the channel worth having before they start strong arming people just to get a relatively small amount of money on the front-end.

Thompson
04-21-2009, 06:29 PM
Yeah it sucks. I'm in college station and am either going to have to watch some crappy feed on my computer or maybe go to BWW. The NBA needs to realize that not too many people actually have NBATV

I'll probably be there (BWW). I can't even get NBATV from Suddenlink, I had to get League Pass broadband just so I could watch more than 6 games this year.

YoMamaIsCallin
04-21-2009, 06:37 PM
What bar in New Jersey shows the San Antonio Spurs? :lol
I have better odds of finding one million dollars before I find such a bar..

I do a lot of traveling and I've never had a problem finding a sports bar that would put one screen on the Spurs game if you asked them nicely (assuming they have the NBA package of course). Most sports bars have a ton of screens. Just call ahead and verify before you go.

Solid D
04-21-2009, 06:38 PM
It works like that here too. It's just that they want $10/mo for the sports tier that includes hits such as the Tennis Channel, Golf Channel, Gol TV, etc. NBA TV is the only channel worth a damn, but I just refuse to pay $10/mo for a channel I already get for free with LP for half a year.

I travel quite a bit. Sports restaurants/bars with NBA League Pass and plenty of TVs (Fox and Hound, Champps, etc.) typically accomodate me, at least on a smaller tv.

I'm sorry, I should have just treated you like my wife and sympathized, ElNono. You didn't really want me to try to fix it. :smokin

ElNono
04-21-2009, 06:39 PM
I do a lot of traveling and I've never had a problem finding a sports bar that would put one screen on the Spurs game if you asked them nicely (assuming they have the NBA package of course). Most sports bars have a ton of screens. Just call ahead and verify before you go.

At this point it's a matter of principle. I spent enough money on the NBA this year. Including going to 3 Spurs games, and the NBA League Pass. The free internet link looks awfully nice for just one game.

ElNono
04-21-2009, 06:40 PM
I travel quite a bit. Sports restaurants/bars with NBA League Pass and plenty of TVs (Fox and Hound, Champps, etc.) typically accomodate me, at least on a smaller tv.

I'm sorry, I should have just treated you like my wife and sympathized, ElNono. You didn't really want me to try to fix it. :smokin

:lol You got that one right. I'm just pissed there seems to be no end to Stern's money grubbing.

Oh, and one tidbit, I HAVE NBA League Pass... or should rather say, HAD. Fucking cable yanked NBA TV already now that the regular season is over. That's what makes me even more angry.

braeden0613
04-21-2009, 06:45 PM
I'll probably be there (BWW). I can't even get NBATV from Suddenlink, I had to get League Pass broadband just so I could watch more than 6 games this year.
Same here..it sucks that Rockets games are only shown on FSN.

TheDarkSide.
04-21-2009, 07:33 PM
WAIT WAIT WAIT...i have league pass and still don't get NBATV...am i missing something here? Are League pass and NBA TV separate cause if not i'll be pissed

Creation88
04-21-2009, 08:03 PM
fuck nbatv. that is retarded. why alienate fans, especially right now when people are just looking for reasons to stop spending on their product.

braeden0613
04-21-2009, 08:04 PM
WAIT WAIT WAIT...i have league pass and still don't get NBATV...am i missing something here? Are League pass and NBA TV separate cause if not i'll be pissed
You should be getting NBATV if you have cable/satellite League Pass (not broadband)

SouthTexasRancher
04-21-2009, 08:41 PM
I think it will be on FOXSW or like channel 5,7 for time warner, like the channels where they play the regular season games. But on those channels it will be with Sean Elliott.

Did you take that photo of Markie Cuban after game 1 ? He sure looks happy.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
04-21-2009, 09:12 PM

This is a really lame move by the NBA. It's fucking bullshit. All the playoff games should be on basic cable channels.
ESPN should be able to carry one of the games. These are the fucking playoffs.

Last year they played the Spurs-Suns game 1 on ABC Saturday Afternoon! I was impressed that they'd actually do what NBC did, play it on free national broadcasting for once.
Now they're taking a step backwards because Stern does not know how to respect and keep the domestic market interested. They think NBAtv is worth getting with their fan-night nonsense. The people who use the internet are kids, not subscribers with paying jobs. You want to attract them you need to make sure they can see commercials on cable channels that their parents, who might not be NBA fans pay for.
The fact that the WCFinals ECFinals are no longer played on ABC that much is a travesty in itself. Expect it to be on NBATV in a couple short years as the market dwindles to only the cities hardcore fans.

IF league doesn't watch itself with it's attempts to milk costs and make people pay to see their shit with league pass, etc. They are going to go the way of the NHL. It's bad enough that this year's playoffs aren't as good as years past. Good luck in getting some of the up-coming market back into the fold by this horseshit.
Scratch that. The NBA will be the NHL in a couple years. Good luck in keeping me interested in non Spurs games when Timmy retires. I ain't going to be interested if more and more first rounds are unavailable and played on NBATV or worse, available only through League Pass.

Obstructed_View
04-21-2009, 10:52 PM
Thanks a lot NBA for putting the one decent game on a channel we can't see.

DDUBB1770
04-21-2009, 11:04 PM
In order to not break the rules and regulations of the site will someone anyone do me a favor and send me an email suggesting a site at with I could watch a stream of the game live? Or tips on how to find one, i tried to find one for the rockets game tonight to see how hard it was and I couldnt get it up. Help would be appreciated I am baby sitting my nephew and will not be able to attend a bar Thurs to watch it. Thanks for your help! My email is [email protected] Thanks again.

E20
04-21-2009, 11:07 PM
I can't watch it, taht sucks.

Dunc n Dave
04-21-2009, 11:46 PM
I live in San Antonio and I WISH I had NBATV, but AT&T Uverse doesn't carry it, depsite several THOUSAND complaints for them to include it in ANY package. The kicker is the arena is named after them, yet they are too cheap to carry the team they sponsor on NBATV on their own service.

I know I can watch the game on KENS, but I'm just pissed at AT&T. Many of us have been complaining with phone calls and emails for over a year and never get a response to out pleas to add NBATV to their programming.

EricB
04-22-2009, 12:11 AM

Supply and demand.

DMX7
04-22-2009, 12:38 AM

Sadly, I don't think there are any legal streams but there are streams out there if you know what I mean.

SPURSGOAT
04-22-2009, 01:21 AM
Watch it online or go to a sports bar.

Yea; I live in Oakland and refuse to pay for stupid nba tv...I am going to a sports bar to watch it.

spurs_50_21
04-22-2009, 05:46 AM
this channel just showed up one day on my cable

Obstructed_View
04-22-2009, 07:20 AM
this channel just showed up one day on my cable

Possibly just for basketball postseason; Dish Network used to do that, but then they used to give a shit about their customers.

ElNono
04-22-2009, 07:57 AM
I hope spursdotcom is reading this and relaying to the powers that be.

YoMamaIsCallin
04-22-2009, 08:37 AM
I live in San Antonio and I WISH I had NBATV, but AT&T Uverse doesn't carry it, depsite several THOUSAND complaints for them to include it in ANY package. The kicker is the arena is named after them, yet they are too cheap to carry the team they sponsor on NBATV on their own service.

I know I can watch the game on KENS, but I'm just pissed at AT&T. Many of us have been complaining with phone calls and emails for over a year and never get a response to out pleas to add NBATV to their programming.

Even if you had NBA TV it would be blacked out for Spurs games in San Antonio. You are supposed to watch the local broadcast.

BTW, no NBA TV is one of the reasons I cancelled my U-verse TV here in Austin in favor of Time Warner Cable. I still have U-verse Internet and Voice.

hater
04-22-2009, 09:48 AM
plenty of places where it will be streamed for free. just look around

Trainwreck2100
04-22-2009, 11:00 AM
I hope spursdotcom is reading this and relaying to the powers that be.

why? the spurs can't don't anything about that

Spurs06
04-22-2009, 01:29 PM
I have verizon fios and they do not offer league pass or NBA tv so I will be missing Thursdays game:bang

Budkin
04-22-2009, 04:04 PM
It's absolutely absurd that any playoff game would be on NBATV. Not to mention the fact that it's Mavs vs. Spurs...

spursncowboys
04-22-2009, 04:45 PM
:toast

ElNono
04-22-2009, 04:51 PM

No, but the NBA can. Now, I don't expect them to do shit, but that's a different story altogether.

Jose Ole
04-23-2009, 10:02 AM
What's more absurd is that FSSW is apparently showing a shitty baseball game between the Dodgers and the Astros, at least in Austin. WTF mate? This is playoff basketball, not to mention between San Antonio and Dallas. I'm at a loss for words.... except for FUCK :(

spurs_50_21
04-23-2009, 10:59 AM
It's absolutely absurd that any playoff game would be on NBATV. Not to mention the fact that it's Mavs vs. Spurs...

they take at least 1 game a day in first round,been doing it for years but this is first time i ever remember them taking spurs game so alot of us did not know they were taking games.

spurs_50_21
04-23-2009, 11:01 AM
What's more absurd is that FSSW is apparently showing a shitty baseball game between the Dodgers and the Astros, at least in Austin. WTF mate? This is playoff basketball, not to mention between San Antonio and Dallas. I'm at a loss for words.... except for FUCK :(

check the channel just in case ,i always have some baseball or other sport listed on that channel but sometimes they show the spur games and not what is listed,its worth a shot.

ClingingMars
04-23-2009, 11:12 AM

THIS

this is total douchebaggery, and I'll douchebag 'em right back by finding a stream.

Fuck you, NBA.

ClingingMars
04-23-2009, 11:15 AM

no but the front office sure as hell can complain

1Parker1
04-23-2009, 12:05 PM
Oh man, I just realized this game isn't on TNT!! WTF is this? I thought all playoffs games were covered by National TV?

:pctoss :pctoss Ugh I was looking forward to tonight's game too...it's going to be a nail biter I have a feeling! :( Way better than the Jazz vs Lakers game!

1Parker1
04-23-2009, 12:11 PM
Oh and I just checked with my provider (it's not $10 a month as people say)...it's $99+tax and you have to get it for a year.

ChumpDumper
04-23-2009, 12:12 PM
Oh and I just checked with my provider (it's not $10 a month as people say)...it's $99+tax and you have to get it for a year.Sucks for you.

It's like $3 a month for the sports tier on top of my regular digital channels.

101A
04-23-2009, 12:14 PM
Hmmmm.

A limited viewership tonight.

Glad the NBA was smart enough not to choose controversial refs for this one.

lefty
04-23-2009, 12:18 PM
I'll have to watch it online

Thanks God I have a good link

ploto
04-23-2009, 12:56 PM
It was not that long ago that the NBA blacked out home play-off games locally. I remember because I lived just outside the 30 mile radius and friends would come from SA to my house to watch the game.

Trimble87
04-23-2009, 02:42 PM
I just checked my DVR from work to set the recording for the game and realized that not only is the game not showing on a national channel, but that FSSW and kens dont have it either here in SA... is this just my provider or are we just getting screwed?!

Sorry if this has been answered, came late to this thread and didnt read the second page. I know its on NBA TV and that ESPn/TNT/ABC arent showing it, but I assumed that local stations would have it... WTF?

*edit* I currently have UVERSE in San Antonio and cannot find the game tonight on kens 1005 or FSSW 1754 :(

Kori Ellis
04-23-2009, 02:52 PM
I just checked my DVR from work to set the recording for the game and realized that not only is the game not showing on a national channel, but that FSSW and kens dont have it either here in SA... is this just my provider or are we just getting screwed?!

Sorry if this has been answered, came late to this thread and didnt read the second page. I know its on NBA TV and that ESPn/TNT/ABC arent showing it, but I assumed that local stations would have it... WTF?

*edit* I currently have UVERSE in San Antonio and cannot find the game tonight on kens 1005 or FSSW 1754 :(

It's on locally on KENS.

manufan10
04-23-2009, 02:56 PM
Buffalo Wild Wings here I come!!

Trimble87
04-23-2009, 03:17 PM
It's on locally on KENS.

I will have to check when I get home. Either the online Guide is wrong or Uverse isnt showing the game, in which case I'll have to call them directly. Ahh well, wish me luck lol.